• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

KissVibes

Banned
We got in a crate of Ryback and CM Punk two packs today along with two packs of Epico & Primo + Goldust and Cody Rhodes (not Stardust).

jred2k

Most PPVs this year have really only been good for one ir two matches. There has been some well wrestled matches, but the builds have been such shit that a majority of the matches have no purpose. It also doesn't help that half the matches are just repeated the next night on Raw. That takes away any special fewl the PPV match had.

Oh, whoever's avatar I get, let me know and also send me five matches that you'd like for me to watch. I think that'd be fun.

Also, the NJPW network, I take it you can sign up with paypal? I'd love to start getting into it.

cdViking

Most PPVs this year have really only been good for one ir two matches. There has been some well wrestled matches, but the builds have been such shit that a majority of the matches have no purpose. It also doesn't help that half the matches are just repeated the next night on Raw. That takes away any special fewl the PPV match had.

Or worse, PPV matches were repeats from the previous 3/4 weeks of Raw and Smackdown (with occasional clean finishes the week of the event).

Oh, whoever's avatar I get, let me know and also send me five matches that you'd like for me to watch. I think that'd be fun.

Also, the NJPW network, I take it you can sign up with paypal? I'd love to start getting into it.

I bet it'd be even more fun if you had to watch 5 matches involving whoever is in the avatar

cdViking

I used a debit card, but it really is great, and the language barrier is getting more accessible (they have an easy-use toggle on the bottom for English translation). Will be worth it just for the live events (ie no more DailyMotion quality for this guy).

Anth0ny

My thoughts exactly. WAY too much repetition and shitty builds for most of these shows/matches.

Mania was great, Summer Slam was very good, and Shield had some damn good 6 man tags during the early part of the year. Besides that, nothing really stands out.

strobogo

Banned
Summerslam 1996 is a dog shit show. God damn. 1996 fucking sucked for the WWF when Austin and Bret or HBK and Mankind weren't together.

I bet it'd be even more fun if you had to watch 5 matches involving whoever is in the avatar

That's a great idea. Watch five matches, write a little review on each one?

I wasn't on board with Seth Rollins but now I think he's pretty awesome. J & J are pretty entertaining as his body guards.

Same. With the shield I was all for Ambrose, he's still great, but Seth has improved a ton. J & J are just legit funny and entertaining, so it adds.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really enjoyed every single show up through Summerslam. The PPVs after that were pretty good for the most part besides TLC, which was below average.

RR and EC were really good. WM XXX is one of my favorite shows of all time. I also very much enjoyed Extreme Rules and Payback. Money in the Bank was also very dope.

I really enjoyed every single show up through Summerslam. The PPVs after that were pretty good for the most part besides TLC, which was below average.

RR and EC were really good. WM XXX is one of my favorite shows of all time. I also very much enjoyed Extreme Rules and Payback. Money in the Bank was also very dope.

ah, but did you enjoy Battleground?

strobogo

Banned
Everything on WWE PPVs this year were in the 2-3 star range with the occasional 4 and one or two 5s. Which is good, I guess. But most of them weren't interesting and instead have a solid average quality for the whole year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Time to announce everyones' Lethal Lottery numbers. I'll do a post with the number you have, and then show all the avatars. We're close enough. Randomizing now...

jred2k

Summerslam 1996 is a dog shit show. God damn. 1996 fucking sucked for the WWF when Austin and Bret or HBK and Mankind weren't together.

That Boiler Room Brawl is so fucking boring. Bearer turning on Taker was alright, but it was such a slog to get to that point.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Time to announce everyones' Lethal Lottery numbers. I'll do a post with the number you have, and then show all the avatars. We're close enough. Randomizing now...

If you had 30 people I'd say just sim a RR and give everyone a wrestler, then the winner's avatar gets used.

Verendus

Banned
ewww...

Looking at the card now...I'm surprised this wasn't on the list of shitty WMs.
This is probably the only Wrestlemania with a really good build in general in the last ten years. Batista and Triple H was a masterpiece heading into the show and Angle and Shawn was great. Even stuff like Orton vs. Undertaker, Cena vs. JBL, and the first ever MITB delivered solid build ups. The event itself was good enough, with Cena vs. JBL being the only real stinker. This was before the crowd became stupid too.

These days, we're lucky we get one good progam heading into the show. You could probably name all the really good ones since Wrestlemania 21 on one hand. Things have been shit.

strobogo

Banned
I still can't make it through a whole show on the Network, live or VOD, that doesn't freeze up at least once and I have to restart. Often times it will just not load at all multiple times. I can try it on different browsers, different devices. Shit is ridiculous. I've never had that happen on Netflix or Hulu or NJPW World. But it happens EVERY TIME I watch something on the Network.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here it is. I'll also put this in the OP in case people ask where the results are. Holy shit let's look, all I have are the URLs I don't see the avs until this is posted!!!

1. Browny -
2pdqYZm.jpg

2. Avengers23 -
7tXxTSf.jpg

3. Khrysler Jericho -
94QpENc.png

4. CureVylash -
1oKX1yh.png

5. Sibersk Esto -
dFtkNma.jpg

6. Skikkiks -
YvgLpNw.png

7. jmdajr -
fSOaTB0.jpg

8. Terrabyte20xx -
x5pY3eH.jpg

9. Serpentine -
gEpC1Ih.jpg

10. jred2k -
W7OyApo.jpg

11. Vince McMahon -
sEvI4LA.png

12. Perspicacity -
F2KEYVF.jpg

13. HarryDemeanor -
RucU5li.jpg

14. gaiadyne -
Ov2YNIq.png

15. FallingEdge -
A88P5eL.png

16. Spider From Mars -
Offz4jw.jpg

17. Harlequin Panic -
QQiUg9W.jpg

18. Dr Duncan Steel -
aq43tpE.png

19. Frecklestein -
lQSPUcs.png

20. Frackh -
yvSvKjm.png

21. Hasney -
IMXjwSK.jpg

22. Mr. Luchador -
jcIWyl2.png

23. Bootaaay -
gV2e7sF.jpg

24. TL21xx -
2sdFSh0.jpg

25. Matthew Gallant -
KpEljJ0.jpg

26. Aiii -
mUAyyT2.png

27. Lovely Ladies -
3XtyMde.png

RP912

Banned
To be honest 2014 was a shitty year for the WWE. The network was a gift and a curse with mostly curses. Every PPV after Wrestlemania 30 was either borderline trash or a sales pitch to get people to buy the network. Daniel Bryan is on the shelf, CM Punk jump ship, Del Rio is chasing the indies, Cesaro is in midcard hell, and Brock holding the belt for ransom. It's embarrassing where a company got shitted on by it's developmental territory and it's next gen ECW (roh) all in one sitting.

Meanwhile on the East side of the world, NJPW is striving. They launch a godtier network saving me 50 cents, they produce some of the best ppvs of this year, and they partnered with Jarrett to receive more exposure to wrestling fans. I see 2015 being the year of the underdogs and the downfall of the WWE....unless Triple H takes over or all of the moronic writers gets endeavored.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cure getting Hama

god I'm cracking up. almost makes it worth this disgrace I got

jred2k

W7OyApo.jpg

FUCK! I've never watched an anime in my life and now I get this?

Also, it's 100x150 pixels so I'll need to edit it to use it unless the person that submitted it would rather do the resizing.

Btw, I submitted the Matt Hardy money bath avatar. I wish I had thought of the following first:

MyfrkNi.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Spiders' one is cracking me up, he randomly got the same one he submitted. goddamn spider take that L

Fox318

To be honest 2014 was a shitty year for the WWE. The network was a gift and a curse with mostly curses. Every PPV after Wrestlemania 30 was either borderline trash or a sales pitch to get people to buy the network. Daniel Bryan is on the shelf, CM Punk jump ship, Del Rio is chasing the indies, Cesaro is in midcard hell, and Brock holding the belt for ransom. It's embarrassing where a company got shitted on by it's developmental territory and it's next gen ECW (roh) all in one sitting.

Meanwhile on the East side of the world, NJPW is striving. They launch a godtier network saving me 50 cents, they produce some of the best ppvs of this year, and they partnered with Jarrett to receive more exposure to wrestling fans. I see 2015 being the year of the underdogs and the downfall of the WWE....unless Triple H takes over or all of the moronic writers gets endeavored.
What I don't understand is that even with 27 writers why are almost none of the ideas good?

I think it has more to do with the head writer the amount of writers.

Plus the agents don't get enough blame.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
W7OyApo.jpg

FUCK! I've never watched an anime in my life and now I get this?

Also, it's 100x150 pixels so I'll need to edit it to use it unless the person that submitted it would rather do the resizing.

I gotcha

j4VqhwN.png

My submission was the Zandig one

RP912

Banned
I still can't make it through a whole show on the Network, live or VOD, that doesn't freeze up at least once and I have to restart. Often times it will just not load at all multiple times. I can try it on different browsers, different devices. Shit is ridiculous. I've never had that happen on Netflix or Hulu or NJPW World. But it happens EVERY TIME I watch something on the Network.

Smh it is ridiculous. I only had one or two stutters with NJPW world because I was downloading a game and my wife was watching a show (meh internet connection). Meanwhile, WWE Network freezes left and right on a fucking as seen on youtube video :/.

This is probably the only Wrestlemania with a really good build in general in the last ten years. Batista and Triple H was a masterpiece heading into the show and Angle and Shawn was great. Even stuff like Orton vs. Undertaker, Cena vs. JBL, and the first ever MITB delivered solid build ups. The event itself was good enough, with Cena vs. JBL being the only real stinker. This was before the crowd became stupid too.

These days, we're lucky we get one good progam heading into the show. You could probably name all the really good ones since Wrestlemania 21 on one hand. Things have been shit.

Oh yeah, I forgot how intense the Trips/Bats feud was...I really need to see that match and ppv in general.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Saw jmdajr's isn't the right size either so here you go buddy

9o8t3dW.png

Top Bottom