• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Khrno

4) We get more Bret vs Austin

Fuck you Vince.

10) Owen and Bret go on to have long storied careers and get inducted into the Hall of Fame together

That would have been so awesome.

16) Age of Cena still happens

Assuming that by 2003-4 Bret was still an active part of the company in a part-time, agent or creative, he'd probably have had a huge input and leveraged the company direction not towards finding another Hogan but another Austin (or Bret).

I would also add that Austin wouldn't have rage-quitted since Bret would have said something about the ridiculous KoR qualifier match between him and Lesnar, so that would have never been suggested to Austin and we could have seen a Lesnar-Austin match at Summerslam or WM for the title.

Sephzilla

Fuck you Vince.

I really wish we could have gotten more Bret vs Austin. Going back and rewatching their Mania match and the stuff leading up to it, that feud is basically The Attitude Era: The Feud. It's raw and it feels like a real fight between two people.

Assuming that by 2003-4 Bret was still an active part of the company in a part-time, agent or creative, he'd probably have had a huge input and leveraged the company direction not towards finding another Hogan but another Austin (or Bret).

I would also add that Austin wouldn't have rage-quitted since Bret would have said something about the ridiculous KoR qualifier match between him and Lesnar, so that would have never been suggested to Austin and we could have seen a Lesnar-Austin match at Summerslam or WM for the title.

This is very true. Hart sticking with the company through the entire Attitude Era and beyond might have really changed shit.

¡HarlequinPanic!;144048865 said:
man, shit bums me out to think about. Owen's death is probably the only real celeb launch that still bums me the fuck out; so senseless and sad. Raw is owen has its criticisms but fuck, it's a real ass depiction of loss that we honestly don't get to see in television often.

Owens death really bums me out still too especially when you see how easily it could have been avoided at many times. I honestly think he is possibly the most underrated WWE wrestler of all time mostly because he spent a ton of his career as a heel who was trying to beat his brother. He was just as good of a wrestler as Bret was and he was probably better on the microphone.

Khrno

The rise of Austin was already happening well before Montreal ever happened. I think the only direct result of Montreal for Austin was that it gave Austin a second heel all set for him in McMahon.

No doubt about, Austin would still be a G.I.A.N.T (Global Icon and National Treasure), but his heat would have been just a notch lower had Vince not feuded with him. Vince is Austin biggest rival, both Bret and Rock are a step lower.

Owens death really bums me out still too especially when you see how easily it could have been avoided at many times. I honestly think he is possibly the most underrated WWE wrestler of all time mostly because he spent a ton of his career as a heel who was trying to beat his brother. He was just as good of a wrestler as Bret was and he was probably better on the microphone.

And this would have been the biggest payoff on wrestling history, if a face Owen, after so many years, defeated his heel brother, one of the greatest of all time, at the main event of WM in Toronto or somewhere in Canada. After WM30 we'd have said that Bryan's WM moment is the biggest since Owen's.

I really wish we could have gotten more Bret vs Austin. Going back and rewatching their Mania match and the stuff leading up to it, that feud is basically The Attitude Era: The Feud. It's raw and it feels like a real fight between two people.

Watch that match again but listening to Austin's commentary from his podcast, so good.

canadian hero vs hbk was kind of a turd of a fued too. Bret was ultra whiny and saying the same shit every week and HBK was a boorish clod that'd just say shit like "AMERICA, LOVE ERRRRR LIVE IT" in his gravelly ass voice while the same fans that hold up says that say the word faggot and shit cheer. as a kid I really detested HBK and as a huge bret mark was really saddened that he suddenly became a jerk that hated me, hah. I guess it could've used a real payoff.

Sephzilla

No doubt about, Austin would still be a G.I.A.N.T (Global Icon and National Treasure), but his heat would have been just a notch lower had Vince not feuded with him. Vince is Austin biggest rival, both Bret and Rock are a step lower.

Vince vs Austin would have still happened. Anti-Authority Austin was already gaining momentum well before Montreal ever happened. Hell the first time Austin gave Vince a stunner was before Bret left the company (by like a month or two). Montreal just turned Vince into a bigger monster for Asutin

And this would have been the biggest payoff on wrestling history, if a face Owen, after so many years, defeated his heel brother, one of the greatest of all time, at the main event of WM in Toronto or somewhere in Canada.

After WM30 we'd have said that Bryan's WM moment is the biggest since Owen's.

*Sigh*

strobogo

Banned
Watching that terrible Punk/Canadian interview. Punk immediately getting pissy was great. As was, "I'll fight Anderson Silva tomorrow if I get paid the right amount of money". Because it isn't about the money.

Boy this is an awkward interview.

Xbox music pass only 50 bucks for the year if any of you folks care.

btw it's an awesome service that gives you sub music and some aggressive as fuck pricing on drm free music.

got every smiths track and the police track for 1.99 each a few weeks ago.
hmm I auto renew; I should do that 50 bucks thing instead. where's the deal?

jmdajr

Shawn probably wouldn't have made it very far into the 2000s without either dropping dead or a rehab stint or two if it wasn't for the back injury or he would've ended up like Scott Hall. But who knows, he might've still met his wife in WCW and still got set straight. *shrug* Fuck I'm tired.

http://i.imgur.com/PYkVxiV.gif

Every damn time the camera pans over to Yung Dunn I laugh, no matter how many times I look at it.

Xater

Watching that terrible Punk/Canadian interview. Punk immediately getting pissy was great. As was, "I'll fight Anderson Silva tomorrow if I get paid the right amount of money". Because it isn't about the money.

Where can I see that?

What do you expect from a carny? You can't trust them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_ngenyoZUll1s15bsyo1_1280.jpg

Xater

Are people talking about the Punk interview I just found from TSN? Right off the bat Punk gets pissed off and the interview is quite something...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
25 Lethal Lottery Entrants.

This is gonna be sickening.

Vylash

WWE has Roman Reigns penciled in to win the 2015 Royal Rumble before he moves on to defeat current WWE World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31, but the decision is still met with some concern.

Critics worry Reigns still needs a lot of work before he can be consider ready for that type of push, including working on his promo skills, as well as working better in lengthy singles matches. Even with this skepticism, WWE needs a new top babyface and it’s considered to be Reigns’ spot. Other names, such as Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan were involved in early plans, but Orton isn’t a new star, and Bryan is nowhere near ready to come back, not to mention he isn’t WWE’s “type”, no matter how fans react.

Dean Ambrose is the next in line after Reigns, and while he is a better in-ring worker and can cut a better promo, he doesn’t fit the “WWE mold” for their top guy. Both Reigns and Ambrose are doing well with merchandise sales, including Ambrose’s new hooded sweatshirt being #1 over Thanksgiving, but Reigns will still be considered as the new top babyface.

tumblr_ngn0rs9U8U1tgpid8o3_500.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
If length of matches and promo's is an issue, look no further than Goldberg, guy was over as fuck, because he never talked and destroyed everything in five minute squashes.

Book Reigns like Goldberg, done.

strobogo

Banned
I'd like to put to bed the idea that HBK ruined Vader's WWF push. He was booked like shit almost from the very start. He had his thing at the Rumble and then attacking Monsoon the next night. From that point on, he was a chicken shit heel who would beg off, get over powered by much smaller opponents, and could only win via cheating and outsider interference. Well before he got anywhere near HBK.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
If length of matches and promo's is an issue, look no further than Goldberg, guy was over as fuck, because he never talked and destroyed everything in five minute squashes.

That ship sailed the second Reigns opened his mouth.

Who was it that said Reigns was going to be the first one to throw everyone out out of the Rumble? I hope that happens. It would be hilarious.

strobogo

Banned
Can't book a dude like Goldberg with a roster of 35 dudes. Even with 400 dudes, Goldberg ended up squashing a lot of the same dudes multiple times.

Is the Royal Rumble 40 men this year?

I have an idea for a spot: all three commenters get called in one after the other and there's an extended silence for the broadcast. Or alternately, whoever is eliminated can go sit in.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
You know, they keep bringing up how guys who could be the number one guy can't because he isn't the WWE type, but when was the last time the WWE type actually achieved that status?

I mean most of the number one guys had major obstacles to over come, even Cena was nearly fired.

And despite what they want you to believe, they can't just make anyone a star, Lex Luger and Bobby Lashly prove that.

somedevil

If anyone interested here is Meltzer ratings for TLC and NXT r Evolution:

TLC:

Cena vs Rollins 3 and 3/4 Stars
Harper vs Ziggler 3 and 3/4 Stars
Bray vs Ambrose 3 and 3/4 stars

NXT:

Ascension vs Finn and Hideo: 3 and 1/4 star
Charlotte vs Banks: 3 and 1/2 Stars
Sami vs Neville: 4 and 3/4 Stars

What do you guys think. I think he the Sasha and Charlotte match was 4 stars at least.

Top baby face needs to be great on the mic though or at least have some kind of popular gimmick since WWE will be pimping them out to 10 different media events per day.

Top Bottom