• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm gonna get a lot of heat for this

but was/is Vince Russo really that bad, I mean really

apparently he's one of the reasons Booker T became a main event star, Vampiro was also a thing, and Billy Kidman put Hogan through a table which is seriously pretty crazy

Zach

Seemed that way for sure after a while, but the story goes that for whatever weird reason, Vince was a big mark for Johnny B. Badd and was happy to pick him up when he left WCW. Then he realized that Mero had no idea how to work matches NOT as Johnny B. Badd, and they couldn't use any of his trademark mannerisms or gimmicks. So you got the Wildman and who had no idea how to do anything and always looked lost.

Dude, Johnny B. Badd totally worked. He got huge reactions as a midcarder in WCW. I could see him being even bigger in WWF if he got to keep the gimmick, especially if Vince was behind him.

Imagine that alternate reality: 10 years of Johnny B. Badd on top of the wrestling world. >_>

I'm fucking drunk and I hate this.

hatersgonnahatehhhakep.gif

Zach

I'm gonna get a lot of heat for this

but was/is Vince Russo really that bad, I mean really

apparently he's one of the reasons Booker T became a main event star, Vampiro was also a thing, and Billy Kidman put Hogan through a table which is seriously pretty crazy

Hey, I'll take some of your heat here, brother.

I recently thought to myself: you know, after listening to all of these podcasts and reading that Death of WCW book, etc. etc., Russo just seems like John Lennon -- always wildly pushing the envelope. On the other hand, McMahon is like Paul McCartney -- kind of a conservative, tried-and-true cheeseball. These types need each other to balance out and bring out the best in one another.

Or am I insane? I mean, aside from comparing McMahon/Russo to Lennon/McCartney?

strobogo

Banned
Dude, Johnny B. Badd totally worked. He got huge reactions as a midcarder in WCW. I could see him being even bigger in WWF if he got to keep the gimmick, especially if Vince was behind him.

Imagine that alternate reality: 10 years of Johnny B. Badd on top of the wrestling world. >_>

He did work and I have no idea why. It's not like he was an impressive wrestler or promo guy. I guess when he got butched up with frisbees and glitter guns, it made him a star. But he had no idea how to have a match not as JBB. Marc Mero is so bland, both in promos and in the ring.

If you go by this thread the man is going to be inducted in the WWE hall fame this year.

The truth is no one really knows. He wants to be back for Wrestlemania and there are rumors that could be possible.

His neck is fine. He just needs to get full strength in his arm back. He seems to be doing better because the 2nd surgery rumor has died out. He said in an interview if he was in MMA he could do a fight but in wrestling you need full strength to do a match.

Daniel Bryan vs Seth Rollins needs to happen at Wrestlemania this year. Please God.

This avatar thing would have been better if it was done secret santa style. Like... give me the name of the person I'm choosing an avatar for so I can tailor to their tastes.

This avatar thing would have been better if it was done secret santa style. Like... give me the name of the person I'm choosing an avatar for so I can tailor to their tastes.

Do you mean find out what they hate they most and make them deal with a cringe worthy, god awful avatar for a week?

Alucard

Banned
hooray

I got a lucha man

I don't even know who this is

What year is it?

It's Drago from Lucha Underground. Good get, friend!

Sorry that I couldn't participate, friends. Just finished a longass day with a 6.5-hour drive to my parents' place for the holidays.

ghostmind

BUSHI has an "acute epidural hematoma, spinal cord concussion, the 12th thoracic vertebra fracture".

Recover is estimated at 6 months.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The reason why people think Santa isn't real is that Big Daddy Cool only brings gifts to the good boys and girls who wear the black gloves.

Top Bottom