• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like the Ryback Bane one.

Some of these are downright good avatars though. Monsoon is hardly a LETHAL DOSE OF POISON.

Even Vinnie Mac's is pretty good considering its seasonal.

Oh yeah huh. HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIENDS

Hey Vince I don't think the person who drew my pick has logged on to see it yet, can I send you something else?

Nah, I'm all done. bedtime. shortly.

It wouldn't make sense to put in avatars everyone would be happy with.

True, I forgot how much better my taste is.

hhh03.png

I think I actually saw most of Slamboree 2000 when it played a couple months ago.

I will watch everything else though, INCLUDING SummerSlam 96 because I see it has Vader/HBK.

strobogo

Banned
I think I actually saw most of Slamboree 2000 when it played a couple months ago.

I will watch everything else though, INCLUDING SummerSlam 96 because I see it has Vader/HBK.

It's not that good. It's slow, boring, is over booked, and worst of all Vader goes WAY easy on HBK. Nobody needed an in ring ass kicking more than HBK in 1996. Vader seemed like the perfect guy to do it. Yet he didn't.

RP912

Banned
It's not that good. It's slow, boring, is over booked, and worst of all Vader goes WAY easy on HBK. Nobody needed an in ring ass kicking more than HBK in 1996. Vader seemed like the perfect guy to do it. Yet he didn't.

The worst thing Vader could do in that match was pull HBK's hair.

strobogo

Banned
Well, shit.

HBK in 1996 is about as shitty as a top face as WWE ever had. His matches are not good. The Camp Cornette vs Sid/HBK/Ahmed is a ton of fun...as long as HBK isn't in the ring. Even though he's the "best" guy on the team. Big match with Owen Hart on PPV? Turn it into a 20 minute comedy match. His matches are either boring or completely half assed. His promos were even worse. It's all the more frustrating because obviously he's great, but god damn is he annoying as shit and his matches aren't fun.

strobogo

Banned
His match with Diesel was actually good for 1996. Mainly because Diesel was fucking him up throughout the match.

The NHB match with Diesel, iron man, and match with Mankind are the only ones worth watching. He's not a fun guy to watch in 1996.

somedevil

In how an Indie Promotion turned a dream match into getting heat on the Brooker news:

Faced with the situation of trying to get a promotion's top title off the champion, House of Glory put the title on the booker Friday night in Jamaica, New York.

The set-up was HOG champion Ricochet facing A.J. Styles in a battle of 2014's top free agent (Styles) and arguably top independent wrestler (Ricochet).

After the main event ended in a 20-minute draw, the match was restarted. However, after Ricochet was attacked, wrestler Brian XL (also the booker) cashed in a contract to capture the HOG Title.

How the main event played out was not received well by the crowd, according to fans and other eyewitnesses in the building.

There was a feeling of Styles vs. Ricochet being a special event for a local independent promotion that was then used to get heat on the new champion

Had this dream match end with the Booker getting the title and the heat.

jred2k

I watched WM XXII tonight and that was pretty good overall. Edge/Foley was actually kind of tough to watch. Mick going knee first into the stairs made me wince about as much as anything. The Vince/HBK match was real entertaining too. The McMahons praying was ridiculous. Vince was in top form in 2006 character wise and his upper body made him look like a cartoon character.

jred2k

wm 22 had the taker/henry match tho :/

and Sharmell and Booker T vs. Boogie Man. And the Playboy Invitational match or whatever. It was definitely inconsistent, but the lower quality stuff didn't end up taking too much time.

Side note, why did Bret not come out for the HoF ceremony at WM? It was kind of weird they had Finkle announce he felt uncomfortable about it or whatever.

Bash at the Beach 2000 opens with Ernest "The Cat" Miller getting accosted by the Jung Dragons and... is this an outdoor PPV? If so then it could be a top 5 PPV of all time already.

Edit: It's not. Fuck this.

Zach

D+ almost seems generous. That show is so unenjoyable the whole way through.

Yeah, looking over the card, I remember it being pretty terrible. I don't recall how it eked out a D+, but there must've been something I found somewhat worthwhile.I promise you it wasn't from the Boiler Room Brawl or that four-way tag match. Ugh.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, looking over the card, I remember it being pretty terrible. I don't recall how it eked out a D+, but there must've been something I found somewhat worthwhile.I promise you it wasn't from the Boiler Room Brawl or that four-way tag match. Ugh.

The best match of the show was probably Mero vs Goldust and it was boring as shit. As uninteresting to tolerable Johnny B. Badd was, Marc Mero is just an empty shell who has no idea what the fuck to do. He's completely lost and uninteresting in every possible was as Marc Mero.

The best match of the show was probably Mero vs Goldust and it was boring as shit. As uninteresting to tolerable Johnny B. Badd was, Marc Mero is just an empty shell who has no idea what the fuck to do. He's completely lost and uninteresting in every possible was as Marc Mero.

Wasn't he just kept around because of Sable..?

Zach

As uninteresting to tolerable Johnny B. Badd was, Marc Mero is just an empty shell who has no idea what the fuck to do. He's completely lost and uninteresting in every possible was as Marc Mero.

I can completely agree with that. He does a cool move or two, though, so there's that. But yeah, I'm ready for him to go away. When does he go away?

strobogo

Banned
Wasn't he just kept around because of Sable..?

Seemed that way for sure after a while, but the story goes that for whatever weird reason, Vince was a big mark for Johnny B. Badd and was happy to pick him up when he left WCW. Then he realized that Mero had no idea how to work matches NOT as Johnny B. Badd, and they couldn't use any of his trademark mannerisms or gimmicks. So you got the Wildman and who had no idea how to do anything and always looked lost.

Top Bottom