• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT2| I dec-declare this territory owned by the Holy Roman Empire

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Ryback

Results are only viewable after voting.

Verendus

Banned
The story behind that was that they were able to negotiate their way out of not jobbing to Cena at a PPV, and then negotiated their way out of not splitting at the Rumble leading to Reigns kicking Rollins and his asses at this past Mania, so WWE intentionally didn't tell them they were splitting until it was happening that day so they couldn't negotiate their way out of it
It would've been much smarter to keep them together, I think. Rollins wins the MITB still, The Shield continues as a unit, Reigns wins the Royal Rumble, Ambrose wins the title at Fast Lane, and Rollins cashes in on that PPV. This sets up a triple threat at Wrestlemania 31 (Reigns challenging, Ambrose using his rematch, and Rollins defending). You could start teasing Rollins turn from November. The ending of The Shield and the subsequent result of it all is pretty poor considering how good of a faction they were. They could've made three stars in one night.

It would've also freed up Lesnar for another big match with someone else, and they'd still have Cena, Orton, Triple H, Sting, Undertaker, Wyatt to make some good matches with. Maybe even Daniel Bryan if he's coming back.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
King: Dolph, what a great match, but I gotta ask you. Our company is currently in the shitter, rudderless and no momentum heading in to arguably the 3 most important months of the year. Can you help carry this company on a main event level?

Dolph: with the help of these fans....................MAYBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cole actually called a move? Taka actually got a mention on Raw?

Heh, King was so shocked an actual move got called out he had to double check lol

"wait, we calling a wrasslin match here boy?"

The story behind that was that they were able to negotiate their way out of not jobbing to Cena at a PPV, and then negotiated their way out of not splitting at the Rumble leading to Reigns kicking Rollins and his asses at this past Mania, so WWE intentionally didn't tell them they were splitting until it was happening that day so they couldn't negotiate their way out of it

Damn that sucks, all that proactive work by the 3 guys only to get screwed out of being part of the decision. At least they kept it going long enough to have a big impact, still worked well enough.

UberTag

iQs6hLkvpXZz8.gif
This Joey .gif was the best part of last summer's Big Brother. And it aired what... 10 minutes into the first episode?

Sou Da

Why doesn't USA just air the 12 days of attitude bit? Why do none of the networks actually broadcast WWE apart from raw/smackdown?

Alucard

Banned
The fact they wanted to break up The Shield so many times further infuriates and justifies my own personal frustration with the WWE and its creative direction.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I wonder if Ziggler is Plan B in case Reigns doesn't work out. The hilarity of Lesnar jobbing to the Zig Zag would be too much for me to handle.

Piper is that obnoxious family member that nobody talks about but manages to show up to every family get together and gets shit-faced and thinks he's the life of the party.

Row Sov

strobogo

Banned
Piper is that obnoxious family member that nobody talks about but manages to show up to every family get together and gets shit-faced and thinks he's the life of the party.

Row Sov

So you're saying he's that weird uncle that no one even calls to tell about holidays but he shows up, says a bunch of racist shit, hits on someone's girlfriend, and almost gets into a fight?

Top Bottom