• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 7 [CNN] But...the electorate refused to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
Really sucks that Bernie doesn't have strong talking points outside of the Economy by this point. Dude has had like 9 months to develop other topics to add to his stump.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
They both sound like they are losing their voice.

Geist-

I liked that movie based on Bernie

51EIOVYOrwL.jpg

Bernie doesn't deserve being compared to anything made by Uwe Boll.

Steel

Banned
I will now guess how Bernie will answer the next 5 questions:

1. Wall street
2. 1%
3. WALL street!
4. Wall Street!
5. Billionaires.

royalan

Bernie has brought out all of his biggest guns against Hillary in the first half hour of the debate. There's an hour and a half left.

First democratic primary I've watched seeing that I'm a republican. But holy shit. Do you guys really care about Wall Street this much?

Well Wall St is a legitimate issue. It nearly destroyed the economy. Then asked normal workers to pick up the pieces. But Bernie basically talks only about that.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I thought he supported the auto bailout? What was she referring to?

http://www.vpr.net/news_detail/83206/leahy-sanders-reluctantly-support-auto-industry-re/

It seems like there was some confusion. He was against the bank bailouts, which is why he started talking about that.

Senator Bernie Sanders voted against the $700 billion bail out of the financial services industry but he says this package is different:
(Sanders) "The problem is if you don't act in the midst of a growing recession what does it mean to create a situation where millions of more people become unemployed and that could spread and I have serious concerns about that I think it would be a terrible idea to add millions more to the unemployment rolls."
A large number of Republican senators are threatening to block consideration of this bill.
Senator Leahy is angry about this possibility:

Clinton is lying? LMAO

GYODX

First democratic primary I've watched seeing that I'm a republican. But holy shit. Do you guys really care about Wall Street this much?

They were responsible for the biggest financial crisis in the United States since the Great Depression. Why *wouldn't* it be a central issue? It's humorous how a lot of people here are trying to trivialize it.

Boke1879

Bernie has to be more flexible. All I'm hearing is WALL ST, WALL ST. Clinton has been able to rebut him at every turn so far.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
He really is a true Radical when it comes to trade. We can do more to help ourselves with Trade policy, but Sanders is fucking insane when it comes to it.

Belfast

Bernie does talk about Wall Street a lot, but are we in denial that they are at the root of a lot of the infrastructural problems in this country?

Who cares if it looks bad if he is fundamentally correct?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh boy, the Bill Clinton card just got played.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom