• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic National Primary Debate #1 |Tokyo2016| Rise of Mecha-Godzilla

GAF Definitive Conclusive Scientific Online Poll of Who Won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
That's actually entirely fair. If two candidates are within the margin of error of each other, you don't have enough evidence to disprove the null hypothesis that they are tied.

Yeah I don't understand why that picture is supposed to be offensive. I'm sure if Romney was ahead with a lead lower than the margin, people would want that caveat pointed out.

Pointing out why someone is going to win based on facts, historic trends, party demographics, infrastructure, party support and logic isn't calling someone inevitable. It's simply showing why she's going to win.

Ok.

rjinaz

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 4m4 minutes ago

"@StreckerJosh: The Hillary love fest on CNN is ridiculous. I feel bad for the other candidates...especially the non-criminal ones."

bwhaha

Trump's live tweeting will be the best thing about this debate

That's actually entirely fair. If two candidates are within the margin of error of each other, you don't have enough evidence to disprove the null hypothesis that they are tied.

It's on the outskirts of the margin though. So it's approaching very very unlikely to be tied territory.

Yeah I don't understand why that picture is supposed to be offensive. I'm sure if Romney was ahead with a lead lower than the margin, people would want that caveat pointed out.

Ok.

You're right. I should have said why someone is likely to win. It was a poor choice of words on my part.

Zyae

Pointing out why someone is going to win based on facts, historic trends, party demographics, infrastructure, party support and logic isn't calling someone inevitable. It's simply showing why she's going to win.

Why did I hope I wouldn't have to see John King tonight? Wishful thinking.

American politics is so easy to predict. You cracked the code.

Zach

This is a marvelous flying buttress.

I cleared up the language because I admit I didn't illustrate my point well.

American politics is so easy to predict. You cracked the code.

Some things are easy to predict.

One candidate has more money, more party support, is leading in the polls, has higher name recognition, higher approval and support within every minority community, has the better ground game, the better more diverse staff, is actually a member of the party s/he's trying to represent......the other doesn't.

I mean, emotions aside, anyone who knows anything about politics can tell you which is the better horse to bet on.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
It's on the outskirts of the margin though. So it's approaching very very unlikely to be tied territory.

Yes. I'm just saying that if that poll was published in e.g. a peer-reviewed journal, it would not be used to say that there is not a tie, because the margin is not significant enough.

The real question is whether Will.I.Am will host the debate via hologram.

willigram.jpg

danm999

Correct way to report that is honestly "Obama is leading, but lead within the margin of error".

I think that image is used because its emblematic of a lot of the talking heads in the media's strong insistence the 2012 election was "too close to call" when most intelligent analysis of polling data and understanding of the Electoral College suggested it was anything but.

Cindro

Could a kind soul paste this head of a different old white man over the head of the current old white man I have on my avatar?

Here are some Bernie decapitated heads I quickly made.

ZUUc2FX.png

I have no clue how to resize things, but I'd be very appreciative. It can be pasted over the Splatoon splats on my current avatar's face, because I always "stack" my avatar editions instead of having them removed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niu5FWNZ7c4&ab_channel=Bernie2016tv

The people talking right now are kind of annoying, but what can ya do?

P.S. If this is against the Terms of Service, let me know and I'll edit. :D

Thanks. Are there 2 separate CNN streams? The one on CNN GO and the one you linked seem to be different...

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Does Sanders have much debate experience?

A large amount and is reportedly very effective, but little prior experience at national level (other than floor debates).

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America

Not on a stage like this but he's got plenty of general debate experience. I'm pretty much all in for him, but I have no idea what to expect. I don't think he'll be as refined the other candidates which could hurt, or it could work out like it does for the Republicans.

I'm sure Sanders will do fine. However, anyone who thinks Hillary can't debate, or won't hit back if necessary, really needs to go back and look at the 2008 debates.

Yes. I'm just saying that if that poll was published in e.g. a peer-reviewed journal, it would not be used to say that there is not a tie, because the margin is not significant enough.

CNN is scummy and banks on its viewers not being up to scratch on stats and margin of error though. So they're able to sell "dead heat" to their viewers and try to push ratings.

I know you get this. I just really dislike CNN lol

Not on this stage obviously, but yeah, he has plenty of experience.

And as anyone who has ever seen him speak on the Senate floor knows, he has great oratory skills. I'm sure he'll be able to deliver some great answers tonight.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
CNN is scummy and banks on its viewers not being up to scratch on stats and margin of error though. So they're able to sell "dead heat" to their viewers and try to push ratings.

I know you get this. I just really dislike CNN lol

Amen to that.

Christ the CNN talking heads are insufferable---this is what happens when I avoid the channel save for Bourdain and the random airings of Culinary Journeys on CNNi.

kaskade

I kind of agree with what they said that he needs to be a little more personable in terms of his history. Just hitting people with facts isn't going to work for a lot of the population. He should mention things like his civil rights activism and stuff like that. He's been on the same side of his issues his whole life in a lot of areas. It'd be good to mention that a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom