• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic National Primary Debate #1 |Tokyo2016| Rise of Mecha-Godzilla

GAF Definitive Conclusive Scientific Online Poll of Who Won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, the Democrats are actually holding debates?

I hope Biden parachutes in. As it stands, the only viewers will be Bernie's grand-children and Chelsea (not Bill) Clinton.

Oh, the Democrats are actually holding debates?

I hope Biden parachutes in. As it stands, the only viewers will be Bernie's grand-children and Chelsea (not Bill) Clinton.

It's not so much a debate as an official Mechagodzilla Anointment Ceremony unless Sanders goes hard in the paint with Mechagodzilla and doesn't get stepped on.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Such little hype for this....

No larry lessig is a shame

I have mixed feelings. Probably leaning towards Bernie since he is actually someone representing change will Hillary will basically be obama 2.0 pro corparate bs. That said... Hillarys stances on education and guns might be more progressive.

I agree with larry lessig that money in politics is the number one issue but if Hillary pushes hard on education ill take it. I dont believe her when it comes to all issues but in some she has a track record

Basically dont be a phony.

Jeels

A bunch of white dudes and Hillary...

Post Obama, why is the democratic stage less diverse than the Republican?

I realize Rubio, Carson and the rest are all shills as well, but still..

WillyFive

The hype for Hilary kept most people from jumping in, pretty much as if it was incumbent election.

They're biding their time for 2024 since Hillary is the 800lb Gorilla in the small room. I expect the field to look a lot more interesting from a policy, race and gender perspective in 2024.

The 2024 democratic race is probably gonna be crazy diverse. I hope we can get someone Asian to run then too. More representation is always good.

BigDug13

It's easier to find diversity when you have like 20 candidates.

Maengun1

Yeah there's a lot of young, diverse stars in the Democratic Party, and they'll be running in 2020 or 2024 depending on how this one goes. Castro, Harris, Newsom, Gillibrand, etc. etc.

Neoweee

It's easier to find diversity when you have like 20 candidates.

Prettty much. 1 non-white-dude out of five on the democratic side, and about that same ratio on the Republican side. It's just the sheer scale of the Republican debates that makes it seem more diverse.

Such little hype for this....

No larry lessig is a shame

I have mixed feelings. Probably leaning towards Bernie since he is actually someone representing change will Hillary will basically be obama 2.0 pro corparate bs. That said... Hillarys stances on education and guns might be more progressive.

I agree with larry lessig that money in politics is the number one issue but if Hillary pushes hard on education ill take it. I dont believe her when it comes to all issues but in some she has a track record

Basically dont be a phony.

Larry Lessig isn't there because he isn't an actual candidate.

The good thing is that, since this is on CNN, regardless of who "wins" ITS A TIE!

Hillary Clinton is statistically tied with Sanders, so long as we accept the margin of error is +/- 20 points. Chafee will have a great night, soaring into a safe and secure 4th place. Which, when you think about it, is a statistically insignificant semi-lead. Because dear god we need a horse race. Pleeeeease let us have a horse race.

God I loathe CNN.

Still, you wanna get the young guys for 2024 on stage now so they can get that practice in...America will be an even browner country by then.
I agree. But the Dems seem to be putting all of their eggs in the one basket, and I doubt Hillary would warm to the possibility of being upstaged a second time by a youthful contender.

Don't forget that Trump is going to be posting live updates on FB/Twitter while he watches it, hahaha.
Oh man. I'm starting to love that orange furry maniac.

Maengun1

The good thing is that, since this is on CNN, regardless of who "wins" ITS A TIE!

I almost had a stroke when they said Biden and Ryan "tied" in the VP debate in 2012. CNN is the absolute worst with that. I may hate the Fox agenda, but at least it's an agenda. CNN just wants to confuse people into thinking every election is going to come down to 1 vote for ratings.

Bern is going to hit Hillary so hard Bill's gonna feel it.

I hope so.

Not so much because I'm in love with Sanders (though right now I do support him as compared to Hillary), but because I want people to get the notion of Hillary Clinton being an invincible juggernaut out of their minds, regardless of how true it ultimately is.

Challenging her is a good thing.

legacyzero

Banned
GET EM BERNIE. Let the haters' salt FLOW

tumblr_nnjkkmwwld1sq32qs0q.gif

I almost had a stroke when they said Biden and Ryan "tied" in the VP debate in 2012. CNN is the absolute worst with that. I may hate the Fox agenda, but at least it's an agenda. CNN just wants to confuse people into thinking every election is going to come down to 1 vote for ratings.

Never forget:

A6KIMaLCAAA4ye8.jpg

I hope so.

Not so much because I'm in love with Sanders (though right now I do support him as compared to Hillary), but because I want people to get the notion of Hillary Clinton being an invincible juggernaut out of their minds, regardless of how true it ultimately is.

Damn straight. Her 'inevitability' is the thing that makes me nervous.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Damn straight. Her 'inevitability' is the thing that makes me nervous.

Me 3. Trying to turn this into an inauguration is going to do nothing but bore people and hurt voter turnout.

I hope so.

And the only people that call her inevitable are those who don't support her.

She's never said she's the inevitable candidate. Her campaign has said forever that she has to earn the votes. Her supporters believe she's got the best chance of winning. Being the favorite does not mean you're inevitable. It simply means you've got the best chance of winning.

She can't apologize for the fact that a large majority of the democratic party wants her to be our nominee.

legacyzero

Banned
Things I'm hoping to hear tonight:

1- Ending Citizens United
2- Pay equity for female workers
3- Anti-TTP speak
4- A better health care solution
5- Better funding/support for SCHOOLS
6- A good immigration solution where EVERYBODY wins
7- Worker rights/entitlements like mandatory sick leave (for both parent and child), Mandatory maternity leave, protections from termination in certain instances
8- Taking care of our veterans PROPERLY
9- Gonna need a better deal with Iran. A WAY better deal.
10- ISIS. A REASONABLE solution that doesn't equal thousands of dead American Soldiers.

Is that the dude that says he will quit after he pass one law?

Yeah. I have nothing against Larry Lessig and I think he's an important voice, but there's no grand conspiracy as to why he isn't there. He's not running for president, he's running just to raise awareness of a single issue. You start inviting single-issue political stunt candidates to debates then you're going to get inundated with them.

Apparently Lessig doesn't qualify according to debate rules, which is polling at some percentage for at least three polls before the debate. Ironically this means Biden would qualify even if he's not in the race, but Lessig does not.

Lessig wasn't even listed in most polls because of DNC bullshitery.

Sanders is standing to the right of Hillary.

DNC shenanigans trying to mentally imprint in all of us that the She-Devil of Arkansas by Somewhere in the Bronx is really to the left of the party.

I'm writing the DNC right now.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Never forget:

A6KIMaLCAAA4ye8.jpg

That's actually entirely fair. If two candidates are within the margin of error of each other, you don't have enough evidence to disprove the null hypothesis that they are tied.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Man, the CNN mobile app sucks, it's not even working for me and it's so twitchy and clunky. They make these debates hard to even watch...

Oh God no. Its her supporters demanding others accept the obvious a year out that end up buttressing that narrative.

Pointing out why someone is likely to win based on facts, historic trends, party demographics, infrastructure, party support and logic isn't calling someone inevitable. It's simply showing why one thinks she is going to win.

Why did I hope I wouldn't have to see John King tonight? Wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom