• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic National Primary Debate #1 |Tokyo2016| Rise of Mecha-Godzilla

GAF Definitive Conclusive Scientific Online Poll of Who Won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookieomg

So I went from not knowing who O'Malley was to actually liking the guy after the debates tonight. Still a Bernie supporter first and foremost, but I felt like besides Bernie and Hillary, O'Malley came through strong.

Webb is at the wrong debate

Chafee is just excited as fuck to be there

O'Malley was a lot better than I thought a guy polling at fringe levels would be

Bernie was alright

I think Hillary had the most to lose tonight and she didn't lose anything.

Exactly how I see it. O'Malley just had a pretty great closing

A full time job? Of course not, that's ridiculous and no-one should have that expectation. But 10-15 hours a week, especially if you are a recent high-school graduate and perhaps haven't had a job up until that point? I still hold that if 10-15 hours a week actually screws with your curriculars you are doing something wrong from a scheduling perspective. I worked 20-25 hours a week sophomore year on and still managed to get an engineering degree with a good GPA
Hmm, well lets try this a different way then. 100% employment is impossible. Under such a system, there will be those that fall through the cracks just because their aren't enough jobs to go around. No mater what you do, there will never be enough jobs, enough hours for everyone, so there will always be those that fall through the cracks through no fault of their own just based on that alone. That being the case, how can such a system be fair when it's based on such an impossible premise, that everyone can even find 10 hours of work each week? People shouldn't be held hostage over a factor they don't necessarily have any control over at all.

Of course it's nonetheless irrelevant because the type of reform Sanders want has no chance of getting past Congress, but when it's impossible for all students to be employed as no matter what you do, no matter how much work study or whatever there is, there will still nonetheless never be enough for everyone, requiring even 10 hours per week when those 10 hours have no guarantee of being available doesn't rub me the right way and ideally would not be necessary.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I hope it's just O'Malley, Sanders, and Clinton for the next debate

and Biden
smugbiden.png

Quick

Banned
I have to wonder if that "enemies" question isn't as straightforward as it seems.

Would the question maybe be more about seeing who would say something like "I'm not petty and don't count my enemies"?

Just a random thought.

Effect

I really wish Sanders had a wig on. That light that is reflecting off his head has been super distracting this entire debate.

Shouta

Sanders > O'Malley > Clinton > The Muppets = Ducktales >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Webb = Chaffee

For this debate. Sanders and O'Malley both did a real good job this time. Clinton just kinda did the usual clinton thing.

Brakke

Banned
Webb is at the wrong debate

Chafee is just excited as fuck to be there

O'Malley was a lot better than I thought a guy polling at fringe levels would be

Bernie was alright

I think Hillary had the most to lose tonight and she didn't lose anything.

I agree with this read. I don't know if O'Malley is viable but I hope he sticks around for a while.

Cheebo

Banned
If there was ever a time, it is now. The Republican party has never been as weak as it is now.
Except for the fact they had a landslide victory just a year ago in 2014. And control the vast majority of governorships, state houses, congress, and the senate.

Other than than that, yeah pretty weak. Donald Trump won't be the nominee. It will be an establishment type like Rubio. Don't fool yourself into thinking this election is going to be easy.

Knoxcore

O'Malley did what he needed to do. He has a couple good soundbites and held his own. Webb and Chafee should just drop out. Clinton held her own as usual and Bernie did a good job.

Maengun1

Liked O'Malley's closing statement, but it was basically "holy shit Republicans are insane" and not "Here's why *O'Malley* rules".

Chafee and Webb brought the LOLs though so I appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom