• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic National Primary Debate #1 |Tokyo2016| Rise of Mecha-Godzilla

GAF Definitive Conclusive Scientific Online Poll of Who Won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loakum

Banned
I wouldn't say O'Malley "killed it" with his closing. He was just stating the obvious. The GOP is on some whole other stuff, when compared to the Dems. We know this, man.

giga

O'Malley closer was

Mean-Girls-GIF-I-Wish-I-Could-Bake-A-Cake-Full-Of-Rainbows-and-Smiles.gif

gdt

I thought Chaffee's comment killed the night....but Webb's comment on killing a guy is completely insane.

So I don't know who killed their chances more.

Hmm, well lets try this a different way then. 100% employment is impossible. Under such a system, there will be those that fall through the cracks just because their aren't enough jobs to go around. No mater what you do, there will never be enough jobs, enough hours for everyone, so there will always be those that fall through the cracks through no fault of their own just based on that alone. That being the case, how can such a system be fair when it's based on such an impossible premise, that everyone can even find 10 hours of work each week? People shouldn't be held hostage over a factor they don't necessarily have any control over at all.

Of course it's nonetheless irrelevant because the type of reform Sanders want has no chance of getting past Congress, but when it's impossible for all students to be employed as no matter what you do, no matter how much work study or whatever there is, there will still nonetheless never be enough for everyone, requiring even 10 hours per week when those 10 hours have no guarantee of being available doesn't rub me the right way and ideally would not be necessary.
Not only are those ten hours not always available, but not everyone has great memory and high intellect. There are people who dedicate all of their free time to study and barely pass many fail even doing their best, a job is just an unnecessary burden that will cause more to fail.

O'malley will do well, probably even better than Sanders.

You really dislike Sanders supporters, right? lol

I think O´Malley did good, Sanders did awful then great, Hillary did great, then awful, then great. So idk, Clinton won, but Sanders did too since he raised his awareness. But it wasnt the punch out he needed.

Machina

Banned
Clinton is still the front runner but Sanders has definitely asserted himself on the scene. The next two debates are going to be fun to watch.

Cheebo

Banned
Checking the various newspaper editor types on Twitter it is pretty clear the storyline is Hillary won the debate coming from the mainstream media.

I was unsure about Bernie tonight and after tonight I think I may vote for him. Maybe even donate to his campaign. IDK primary's are still a ways away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom