• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic National Primary Debate #1 |Tokyo2016| Rise of Mecha-Godzilla

GAF Definitive Conclusive Scientific Online Poll of Who Won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

I think the worst that can be said about Hillary's performance tonight was that she became less dominant at the midpoint. But even considering that she came out swinging, was incredibly strong throughout and, most importantly, she riled up the audience the most which will likely play well with viewers at home.

If there's a winner, it's clearly her.

O'Malley can be Hilldawg's Secretary of Energy. It's his passion, clearly.

Bernie can be Ambassador to Denmark.

Chafee can kind of show up for some unspecified task on his first day, and he'll do as he's told.

And Webb can be referred for further treatment at the nearest VA hospital.

(Anyway, Clinton > Sanders >> O'Malley >>>>>> Chafee > Webb.)

Sanders > O'Malley > Clinton > The Muppets = Ducktales >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Webb = Chaffee

For this debate. Sanders and O'Malley both did a real good job this time. Clinton just kinda did the usual clinton thing.

I agree. Surprised about O'Malley and his closing was strong.

Hillary did well, very consistent throughout.

Bernie started off real slow, I was worried in the beginning, but I feel like he heated up as the debate went forward.

O'Malley looked competent enough.

Chaffee...just seemed kind of there.

Webb...lol, looked irritated most of the night. You should only play that "I need more time" card once, if that. "All Lives Matter". Fuck outta here.

Edit : Cooper asked hard questions, was really laying it on, particularly in the beginning.

There were some moments however where I kinda just wanted him to ease back and let the candidates talk a bit.

Overall, he did better than any of the republican debate host did.

Not entirely. Decriminalization would still allow cops to harrass users due to "suspicion of trafficking" unless hard rules for quantity are set, at which point you've de facto legalized, since traffickers now know what quantities are safe to carry.

Plus no sense in decriminalizing without giving people a legit, taxable source.

we decriminalized in philadelphia. can't legalize due to state laws.

hard rules for quantity are set (I believe it's less than an ounce for personal use), but it's become a matter of minor civil fines, no longer jail time. trafficking is still another matter. There have already been significant, tangible benefits.

Obviously full legalization would be better- but "de facto legalization" this isn't. you still can't buy it openly or use it openly without incurring a fine. but the days of someone getting sent to county jail over a stray bag of weed are done.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Takeaway from the Democratic debate? Clinton was very solid, and O'Malley was better than expected. O'Malley would be a great VP pick. Bernie promises a lot of awesome things, but leaves me questioning how he'll pay for it. Overall, this is night and day to the Republican debates.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Except for the fact they had a landslide victory just a year ago in 2014. And control the vast majority of governorships, state houses, congress, and the senate.

Other than than that, yeah pretty weak. Donald Trump won't be the nominee. It will be an establishment type like Rubio. Don't fool yourself into thinking this election is going to be easy.
They had the standard mid-term low voter turnout and gerrymandering on their side. Neither will apply to the presidential election.

Ludovico

Hearing O'Malley for the first time, and seeing more good stuff from Sanders and the usual from Hillary, I have high faith in whoever gets the nomination.

anaron

O'Malley needs to go shirtless next debate

fiX2h2O.jpg

UraMallas

Mr. Webb, your closing statement?

Nah but seriously they threw a grenade at us so I blew his head off it was sweet but yeah vote Webb.

Damerman

Sanders > O'Malley > Clinton > The Muppets = Ducktales >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Webb = Chaffee

For this debate. Sanders and O'Malley both did a real good job this time. Clinton just kinda did the usual clinton thing.

this post made me laugh way too loud... my head hurts now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom