• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic National Primary Debate #1 |Tokyo2016| Rise of Mecha-Godzilla

GAF Definitive Conclusive Scientific Online Poll of Who Won

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Geist-

I think Hillary was the most consistent debater up there, she never really had any bad moments. At the same time, Sanders had a couple stumbles, as well as some v ery, very high points. I think the hierarchy is closer to

Clinton=Sanders>O'Malley>Non-relevant candidates

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Early on Clinton had all the momentum but the second and third act were the Bernie Show. Very interested to see where polling goes now.

i think biden will fall as a result of not participating. a small portion will go to o'malley, a small portion to sanders, most to clinton. clinton will lose some to sanders, but overall rise on him as biden sinks. chafee and webb and lessig will poll like 0%, webb possibly negative

so something like 48% 30% 18% 4% c/s/b/o'm.

Aw crap. I fell asleep and missed the entire thing.

Did Hilary bust out of her human suit, and reveal herself to be the lizard person I've always suspected her to be?

O'Malley needs to go shirtless next debate

fiX2h2O.jpg

Now that's presidential material

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. I liked Bernie's debate best overall

2. But holy shit Clinton calling out Republicans directly and forcefully is by far the most important thing to note from this debate. Hoooooooly crap have I missed that direct aggression toward calling out bullshit. What a refreshing change from Obama.

gdt

O'Malley came out strong tonight. Looking for a spot somewhere.

But he was mayor of Baltimore. Carcetti is literally based on him. Can't forget that.

Good debate really. Cooper should always run these.

I thought Bernie and Hillary were a virtual toss up. Clinton most polished. Bernie most passionate. I like Bernie more personally, but think Hillary's polish will serve her better in the national. We'll see how the polls go but I don't expect much change. Maybe a small sanders bump but nothing meaningful.

Trey

I think the top three were varying levels of decent, depending on the question. Bernie got rightfully dragged on guns, and Hillary flubbed a few questions herself. At least O'Malley got on my map, wasn't expecting to give him another look.

Summary:

Clinton: Most Presidential

Sander: The most correct (except on guns)

O'Malley: Good at times, but his history in Maryland is full of crap

Chafee: Bitchmade. Never had a chance.

And why the fuck was Webb even there? The VJ Republican debates were WAY earlier bruh.

Really good debate. Thought it'd be less entertaining than the repubs but it actually wasn't. Clinton didn't do as good as i thought she would but is still obviously the lead. Bernie i thought did well not as bad as others have been saying. And O'malley pleasently surprised me.

Hillary had the most solid performance. Sanders took more hits but was more stirring. Everyone besides hillary won in the sense that this was major public exposure for their efforts they had not yet experienced.

ibyea

Banned
So my ranking: Hillary=Bernie>O'Malley

I think Bernie screwed up too much in the first part to be definite winner. O'Malley had a good performance but didn't stand out until the second half of the debate.

thiscoldblack

Unconfirmed Member
All closing statements were terrible. Bernie could've done better. It was not the time to ask for donations, but for support.

Still, honestly, Bernie was better than everyone in that debate.

v1lla21

Hillary got the 1/3rd of the debate but after that it was just Sanders and O'Malley doing well while Clinton was just waddling around dodging questions. This debate was
1. Sanders
2. Clinton
3. O'Malley

pigeon

Banned
seriously, though, please let's not have chafee and webb in the next debate

I have things to do

maybe we can hold a kids table debate with just them

Think sanders will see the best bump because it gets him out there more. He was lacking the coverage and he got it finally. More people will know who he is finally. Clinton was winning due to name recognition not her ever changing platform.

1. I liked Bernie's debate best overall

2. But holy shit Clinton calling out Republicans directly and forcefully is by far the most important thing to note from this debate. Hoooooooly crap have I missed that direct aggression toward calling out bullshit. What a refreshing change from Obama.

Yep, every you call out those assholes, I'm on-board.

Machina

Banned
Sanders and Clinton should ticket together. Surely Sanders would be happy with the Vice Presidency. He can do a lot from there to drag Clinton to the left.

Gattsu25

Banned
So my ranking: Hillary=Bernie>O'Malley

I think Bernie screwed up too much in the first part to be definite winner. O'Malley had a good performance but didn't stand out until the second half of the debate.

Agreed.

The other two are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay farther behind.

Webb takes the award for "democratic candidate I want to step on lego blocks" most.

Alright Bernie, work on foreign policy, that was embarrassing. Also, reevaluate that gun views of yours.

Otherwise, you are golden!

O'Malley actually did pretty good, I expect an ever-so-slight boost of his poll numbers.

Clinton shows that she clearly is the best debater of them all, excellently dodged questions!

Web and Chaffe(d balls): lollolololololololoolololololo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom