• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clinton asked why he was attacking her. He answered with why donations affect Republican views.

Edit: asked about swaps and derivatives, pivots to a completely different vote

Feep

Banned
How can any Republican stand up against either of these people?

I don't mean in terms of ideology, on which I'm obviously biased. I mean in pure debate skill. These two are head and shoulders above anyone on the Republican side, oratorically, even Cruz.

She's not, she's calling him out for acting like he isn't attacking her and insinuating she's bought and paid for when he has been. That's the subtext to a lot of the comments he's been making.
When the word "smear" came out that was overboard and the audience knew it immediately unless you think it's full of berniebros. Informing the American public about special interests backing her is perfectly reasonable and he doesn't do it in Republican fashion. Hillary hasn't been swiftboated or done in by Karl Rovian tactics on Bernie's part. It's a clean disagreement and discussion that the public wants to see through.

ApharmdX

Banned
This is fantastic debate. So much better than the Republican clown car. Either of these people would be an acceptable president.

Elginer

TheFirstRule.gif

Hilary going hard after that 50/50 almost tie in Iowa. That's why shes the better choice to go up against the republican nomination in the general.

Are we going to start employee screening for donations now?
Like if you work for a big bank, you can't donate to my campaign?

Cause that is the donations you are talking about.

I imagine some among us would like to ban political contributions entirely, so that's not a very extreme idea to them.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hillary frustrates me but she's a good debater

She'll TEAR APART whoever the GOP will put up there. They'll mention Benghazi and she'll just go on a tear showing them how much money the GOP "small government" wasted/is wasting on it. lol

Exactly. Bernie went on a good rant about republicans and campaign financing but how does that prove anything with Hillary's voting or political views.

The point is that is you believe receiving millions of dollars from donors doesn't influence your policies, you are sorely mistaken.

Nipo

How can any Republican stand up against either of these people?

I don't mean in terms of ideology, on which I'm obviously biased. I mean in pure debate skill. These two are head and shoulders above anyone on the Republican side, oratorically, even Cruz.

They don't have to. Trump has proven you can just lie through the entire debate and win every poll of voters after. I'm curious to see how Clinton will respond to someone who isn't even trying to be intellectually honest and will just make shit up and lie for 2 hours straight.

Grover

Banned
serious question guys, when hillary gets fired up like this on stage, do you think its going to look good when a cruz or rubio tries to man up to her?

with bernie its ok because hes lovable grandpa,

but i seriously dont think its going to look good infront of cameras if rubio tries "man up" and talk down to hillary

thats obviously standard practices, but it might be a kind of PR problem to woman voters

from birth US society, all you hear is its never ok for boys to hit girls, maybe this could translate

Esch

Banned
This "go to my website/YouTube" has been the worst fucking part of this election cycle.

Use your words. Explain your position or what you did. Don't tell me to check your social media smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom