• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

Hillary frustrates me but she's a good debater

She'll TEAR APART whoever the GOP will put up there. They'll mention Benghazi and she'll just go on a tear showing them how much money the GOP "small government" wasted/is wasting on it. lol

This is why many say she's the best to win. One on one debates will happen and they can make a difference.

Nipo

Wait. She just claimed to have predicted the 2008 crash? That is some of the biggest bullshit out there. If someone as high profile as hillary clinton she could have either a) made billions or b) actually talked to the fucking president about it.

This is a hell of a lot better than her shitty answer to the speaking fees at the Town Hall. I dunno why it took her team so long to realize the question was coming.

Maengun1

The stream having died the differing reactions to what's going on are really quite amusing.

Yeah it's funny, I'm playing Smash Bros. and just refreshing this thread every couple minutes..... not even watching the debate

"Hillary just killed that!"
"Bernie destroyed her!"

lol

Grover

Banned
serious question guys, do you think it'll look bad to woman voters when rubio or cruz try to stand up to hillary on stage?

it might be subconsious, but with the big feminist movement going on, seeing a man trying to "shut up" a woman might sit very wrong with them

with bernie it might be ok because he is lovable grandpa, but cruz and rubio i dunno

That wasn't my point. My point was that what he says is far from conspiracy talk

Oh, for fuck's sake, quit trying to deflect. What he says as it pertains to both questions asked - by the moderator and by Clinton - is weaselly bullshit conspiracy talk until the moment he shows the goddamn receipts as it pertains to the woman on stage next to him.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
I don't care. Nobody enforces the time limits and your job as a politician is to be convincing and concise in your answers. Fuck YouTube

So you don't want to do the proper research of candidates and see how they supported their current views in the past? OK man. No ones forcing you to go to YouTube.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
serious question guys, do you think it'll look bad to woman voters when rubio or cruz try to stand up to hillary on stage?

it might be subconsious, but with the big feminist movement going on, seeing a man trying to "shut up" a woman might sit very wrong with them

They need to look up the Obama-Hillary debates. Obama shut her down masterfully.

q_q

She's not, she's calling him out for acting like he isn't attacking her and insinuating she's bought and paid for when he has been. That's the subtext to a lot of the comments he's been making.
Lmao please. Theres a reason the crowd booed her when she dropped that line.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Oh it'll absolutely look bad, it's why Joe Biden kept the kid gloves on against Palin in 2008. He could have torn her limb from limb but had to just stand back and let her destroy herself for that exact reason.

ApharmdX

Banned

Perhaps. Biden handled Palin far more delicately in his debate with her than he did against Paul Ryan, for instance.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Bernie is going in circles. I know he's not wild about doing direct attacks, but come on man, you're ranting.

The only thing I can think of is he's just preparing himself for a future debate rather than going for this venue.

Man I wish there was no applause for either side. Bernie has been giving some fluff answers, and every time Hillary mentions that she is a woman......cheap pop.

ivysaur12

Banned
I guess my issues with Bernie's answers is that I want him to just say what he's insinuating about what these speaking fees mean. Let's not dance around it.

i feel like if Clinton or Sanders win one of them is going to have a biopic:
"Feel the Bern" coming 2030
or
"Hillary" coming 2030
both will be good movies

with bernie it might be ok because he is lovable grandpa, but cruz and rubio i dunno

It will pale in comparison to the negative effect their views would have on women voters.

Except that the subtext in a lot of his comments, that his supporters have definitely picked up on, is that she's been bought and paid for by special interests. It's a fine attack, but let's just not act like it's not an attack and the implication isn't being made.
All that money isn't contributed out of good will. I'm also okay with you characterizing Bernie's criticisms and accusations as an attack, I guess. Calling what he says a "smear" is probably the line that shouldn't be crossed in my eyes.

WarMacheen

Bernie is going in circles. I know he's not wild about doing direct attacks, but come on man, you're ranting.

The only thing I can think of is he's just preparing himself for a future debate rather than going for this venue.

Seems like he's talking about what's fucked up instead of directly attacking.

Hil is basically I agree, my plan is better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom