• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acting like a hostile country with Nuclear weapons (yes they have nuclear weapons) aren't a threat is a juvenile assumption. They're absolutely a threat.

Grover

Banned
I like Bernie but he started off strong only to fizzle now. He can't take her on one-on-one. She comes across so much stronger and thoughtful.

hillary tried to get smart once in debate 3 i think it was, but sanders and omalley ganged up on her,

now shes got him alone and shes going for the kill

royalan

GOP will eat Bernie alive on foreign policy and defense in GE. I'm sorry.

Exactly.

Even if Bernie is on the right side and the Republican nominee is spewing nothing but bullshit, they will sound more authoritative and confident than him while doing it.

Bernie's had a long time to read up on something other than Wall Street speculations and campaign finance reform.

He blew it. And he still has zero ability to explain specifics.

He'll eek out a win in NH, but he's done after that.

Warren vs. Clinton would've been amazing. This is just sad.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I agree, but I don't understand why he seems so unprepared on these topics. I can understand a governor being weak on foreign policy, but a senator? Aren't these issues discussed fairly regularly on the senate floor?

Bernie is on the right side of just about every domestic economic issue, but I don't think he engages with anything very deeply. That piece a few weeks back on the apparent fudging of the numbers around his healthcare plan was eye opening

ApharmdX

Banned
Hillary has given foreign policy a lot more thought than Bernie has, and can articulate her thoughts on it much better.

And if I had a choice I would want those well articulated thoughts no where near the White House.

Well, she was Secretary of State, yes.

And yeah. Hillary is too quick to bomb.

If north korea does a CodMW2 style emp nuke straight up from pyongyang, we won't be able to respond and it will tank the global economy so badly it will take years if not decades to recover. Obviously this is a suicide option but its possible and very hard to defend against (also good buy nvidia graphics cards >_<).

Iran is a bully but Saudi Arabia is just as big of a bully. Russia is aggressive but none of these countries are really threatening to America's national security. Maybe the world, but America is well defended.

Petition to fuse Sanders and Clinton into one super candidate and put it into O'malleys body.

I'm completely surprised at the fact that Bernie has not prepared more of foreign policy this far into the game. That just seems odd.

Bernie's had a long time to read up on something other than Wall Street speculations and campaign finance reform.

He blew it. And he still has zero ability to explain specifics.

He'll eek out a win in NH, but he's done after that.

Warren vs. Clinton would've been amazing. This is just sad.

eek out when he is leading by 30 points there? Ok.

But no, foreign policy wont do much. Democrats dont care much about it.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Sanders on anything but economics reminds me of that episode where Spongebob clears his mind of everything but frycooking

Awesome, one of my classes might get canceled next week because the debate is closing down every main street on my campus, so parking will be impossible

royalan

Well, she was Secretary of State, yes.

And yeah. Hillary is too quick to bomb.

Exactly what has Hillary said tonight to make you think that?

She has been very clear that her positions on FP regarding Syria largely align with what Obama is already doing.

kirblar

I'm completely surprised at the fact that Bernie has not prepared more of foreign policy this far into the game. That just seems odd.
It's one (of many) reasons I don't think his campaign is actually serious. You don't need to study for the SAT if your plan is to go to work right out of HS.

I wish the dems would hammer in nuclear NK as point against repub foreign policies. They tested their first nuke under Bush's "Axis of Evil" diplomacy, Dems can hammer away with how the Iranian deal prevented another hostile nuclear nation.

User1608

Banned
yep, his manner when talking about foreign policy hasn't changed at all since he started his campaign
He's had a lot of time since then. There is absolutely no excuse why he shouldn't sound more coherent at least in addition to being more confident on delivery.

Bernie seems excited to finally be off of foreign policy. At least he can talk about the VA with some authority.

I really, really like Sanders, but foreign policy is the weakest of weak parts of his campaign.

I mean, there's no doubt he needs to work on foreign policy for the general (if he somehow makes it here), that's one of the biggest issues for half the country.

Fracas

#fuckonami
5DjP91T.png

Don't see why it's such a stretch to think North Korea is the biggest threat. Their people are brainwashed, they have no idea what they would be up against, and it's not like they really have to worry about economic impact since they hardly trade with the rest of the world.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Not sure it will. I question the extent to which voters care about foreign policy. Or more specifically, the extent to which they understand it.

An appearance of competence, even if misplaced, on foreign policy will be huge with independents during the GE. Cruz and Rubio and the crew might have insane warmongering stances but they come off as authoritative. So does Clinton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom