• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Iran just because Iran is more likely to fuck with US interests in the ME than North Korea is with South Korea

I think saudi arabia creates those problems. Iran is screwed up (i am of iranian descent and hate the government) but they are quite rational. There are old wounds between US and Iran but I think things are getting better. The real goal should be to fix this crazy Israel vs Saudi Arabia vs Iran 3 way that is playing out in part in syria and across the ME.

Holmes

Tough to take Sanders' answer on electability here seriously when he lost Iowa. His argument was shot down Monday night.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think saudi arabia creates those problems. Iran is screwed up (i am of iranian descent and hate the government) but they are quite rational. There are old wounds between US and Iran but I think things are getting better. The real goal should be to fix this crazy Israel vs Saudi Arabia vs Iran 3 way that is playing out in part in syria and across the ME.

I'll agree with that

Ashodin

Tough to take Sanders' answer on electability here seriously when he lost Iowa. His argument was shot down Monday night.

Wait until New Hampshire when he trounces Clinton. Narrative will be "Sanders runs away with NH, after narrowly missing Iowa, can he do it all?"

rex

'Get some armor in there'

Great answer Hillary. Do you support rebuilding the Sixth Fleet too like Carly?

If Russia is truly a threat to Europe or the US, aren't we owed better answers than this claptrap from a foreign policy genius?

But in that case which of those countries are a real threat to the US? Russia's economy is crippled and while they are a big european threat, I doubt they can ever become the USSR. Iran is a regional player.

Their military has the capability to actively go against the US foreign policy. Literally they annexed a part of land in a country and then started a mini civil war. How a country that can't deliver nukes to the US a bigger threat?

loki 16

I think this might be the best Dem debate yet, they're both doing (largely) excellent.

Four months ago, you'd be right. But the Paris attacks put foreign policy back into the spotlight in a huge way.

The only way people are going to care about foreign policy is if the U.S. is attacked.

Overlee

"IF there is a large voter turnout."

That is a gargantuan if that you have not so far lived up to, Bernie.

And neither has the DNC outside of Obama. Antiquated policies are a problem for a blossoming populace. Or do you like having so many Republican Congress members and Governors?

i hated her answer to that.

Just say that Sanders is better than any republican candidate and that you feel like you are the best democratic candidate and move on. She's basically trying to scare us into voting for her.

royalan

Doesn't he pull large crowds when speaking and Iowa had a large voters turn out, meaning some credit to berns?

It's no secret, when Bernie talks about large voter turnout and youthful energy, he is invoking the memory of Obama's campaign. But his numbers so far have no lived up to that.

I agree that Saudi Arabia is worse.

Saudi Arabia is like 100x more Evil than Iran.

Saudi Arabia exports their extremists ideology abroad to North Africa, Europe, Pakistan, Indonesia and push radical Salfist Imams abroad and they send millions of dollars to these radicals abroad to extend their Whababababaiist Salafi extremism

Iran's influence's way way way way shorter

Plus, the US and the UK are in the Saudi's pocket which makes matters worse

nib95

Banned

Just a month or two ago, he was way behind Hilary in the polls for Iowa, and yet, her victory was to a 1% or so margin. Think about that for a minute.

I don't think you can say that Iran, as a whole, is rational. Rouhani, as the head of state is, but its pretty clear that he doesn't control the entire government apparatus. That's how you get situations why the Iranian navy takes over a US boat at gunpoint. The Obama administration papered it over because they want to keep things positive but there are clearly reactionary parts of the Iranian state that do not want normalized relations with the US and try push the sides apart.

Their military has the capability to actively go against the US foreign policy. Literally they annexed a part of land in a country and then started a mini civil war. How a country that can't deliver nukes to the US a bigger threat?

The question was national security, not the US world order. Saudi Arabia is doing some shady shit in Yemen and no one cares similar to the ukraine thing (plus the funding of syria crap). Russia has a lot of bark (ukraine is not exactly a Germany or anything) but domestically they are in deep shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom