• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder if he's baiting her here to make a statement on TPP as she's been wishy-washy on that so far.

Condom

T8Dhl1KPyzRqU.gif

pigeon

Banned
This is a new look for Sanders. He's not ignoring African-American specific issues by pivoting to economics, he's ignoring white-specific issues by pivoting to economics.

Jay-Hova

Banned
Sanders fucked up. Asked a question abit race relations, and immediately started with a spiel about wall street. Black people do not want to hear that their problems are the same as other people because they know they are not.
But we are affected by the same things and the things that aren't the same at still tied to it.
If anyone says otherwise it's ignorance.

Clefargle

If this is your criticism for this debate I have to interpret that as a huge win for Hillary so far.

At this point it's just background noise. Her makeup could cement her "elitist" persona in many people's minds. Funny how the word "elitist" is now an insult in liberal lexicon like it used to be on the right when used against Obama.

Her roots are showing through, back to the salon. And that outfit. And she should consider more blush. And look at those wrinkles. And... for serious?

Can we not be conservative radio?

pigeon

Banned
But we are affected by the same things and the things that aren't the same at still tied to it.
If anyone says otherwise it's ignorance.

This framing is backwards and wrong. Race issues aren't tied to class in America, class issues are tied to race.

"General economic issue" is not going to do the job on the day that only the third police officer involved in a shooting of an unarmed black youth was convicted out of almost 300 in the past ten years.

SURGEdude

Well, there are some very poor, white communities that are hurting... but yeah, I don't think they needed to pivot the debate that direction after just talking about black issues.

Agree 100%. It's not an either or. But target the biggest issues first. And those are the problems with institutional racism. But that doesn't mean poor whites are doing great.

It's almost as if Wall Street driving up income inequality to a massive degree had a compound effect on racial inequality. Race and class are intertwined and intersectional.

Bernie's answer was rough but big corporate has largely fucked this country over in some massive ways over the past several decades, the consequences of this as large and far reaching as they are have compounded atop one another unchallenged for far too long.

Agree 100%. It's not an either or. But target the biggest issues first. And those are the problems with institutional racism. But that doesn't mean poor whites are doing great.

That depends who you're talking to. America is 75% white (including white-identified Hispanics), to them institutional racism isn't as big a deal as the poverty that directly affects them. Again, it's a massive issue, but let's not assume Bernie is a political idiot when he's won a hell of a lot more actual elections than Hillary. (1 versus like what, 17?)

If this is your criticism for this debate I have to interpret that as a huge win for Hillary so far.

It's a substantive debate - there's not really much to criticize about the substance. Hillary has a messaging and an image problem and it shows up in debates or any public appearances, really.

You can be sure as shit that the campaigns are looking at this stuff.

"General economic issue" is not going to do the job on the day that only the third police officer involved in a shooting of an unarmed black youth was convicted out of almost 300 in the past ten years.

He already addressed that problem and he didnt mention Wall Street. Pay attention Leona, thats why your career is where it is.

Hillary looks bad with that collar. I don't know what it is, but it screams 'elite and out of touch'. She's gotta work on her smile, too - she just looks smug. I know it comes from usually being the smartest person in the room, but it plays terribly on TV.

Her collar screams elite? Come on...

pigeon

Banned
Bernie going the right direction on the immigration question, but I think dancing around a little too much. I still feel vague about his overall perspective on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom