• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Now that we're talking about it, it reminds me of that outfit Obama wore, the purple one.

HT_OBAMA_CHEWING_ll_141111.gif

Did Hillary Clinton just mention private prisons??

Is she mad or does she really think we don't remember that she TOOK MONEY from the private prison industry?

pigeon

Banned
This is kind of interesting but it's also basically not interesting because they're not really debating policy, on which they agree, they're debating the virtues of specific past votes, which I don't really care about.

I'm sorry I don't really understand the difference.
Can you explain?

Yes, but not in the middle of this debate. I can respond a little later.

That executive action wasn't good enough for you? Sanctuary cities weren't good enough for you? Redirecting federal resources to different priorities wasn't good enough for you? Telling border patrol they had to treat the surge of young children immigrants humanely wasn't good enough for you?

It was pretty much all he could do, but he's going to be blamed by people who should blame Congress.

Obama did try to get a bipartisan bill passed, but his attempts were killed several times.

Matticers

Ugh, I really wish we could get rid of these supporters at these debates that sound paid to be there. The obvious cheers for certain groups, both republicans and democrats, it's just so annoying. It's a cheap tactic.

ivysaur12

Banned
This is kind of interesting but it's also basically not interesting because they're not really debating policy, on which they agree, they're debating the virtues of specific past votes, which I don't really care about.

Sort of where I am too.

They don't have... many policy disagreements.

But you can't talk about everything in a socioeconomic lens. It's one of the problems with classical Marxist thought.

I know, a rich gay is still going to be discriminated, a rich black is still going to be discriminated. Bernie is waaay into his dialectical materialism ass.

SURGEdude

Ugh, I really wish we could get rid of these supporters at these debates that sound paid to be there. The obvious cheers for certain groups, both republicans and democrats, it's just so annoying. It's a cheap tactic.

It's always an establishment audience. But it's just part of the process.

kirblar

Trump was actually correct about the crowd at the last debate.

Jay-Hova

Banned

Yes, but not in the middle of this debate. I can respond a little later.
Thank you.

loki 16

That executive action wasn't good enough for you? Sanctuary cities weren't good enough for you? Redirecting federal resources to different priorities wasn't good enough for you? Telling border patrol they had to treat the surge of young children immigrants humanely wasn't good enough for you?

I'm Mexican American, I have friends and family who were here illegally working theirs asses of. What Obama did was help 10000 and forget about the other 11 milion.

'Buttoned-up'? Unapproachable? Frosty? She's straight out of central casting as 'uptight white woman'. Not that there's anything especially wrong with that - some of my best friends are uptight white women. In some rooms, it's a good look.

It doesn't scream, 'I care about working people', though.

(The 'best friends' line was a joke).

Jesus...

Stop. Please

Tabris

That line was very similar to Gandhi quote. Good job Bernie. I use that line when arguing with Americans and conservatives online.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Sanders is flubbing whole bunch of his race related answers.

A job didn't save Sandra Bland.

Bucks don't stop bullets.

And Sanders said race relations will ABSOLUTELY be better under his presidency than Obama’s. Bad idea.

I know what you are saying because he has been messing up the recent questions, but he has brought up Sandra Bland before.

I'm pretty sure it's people that show up to a debate because of how much they support their own candidate.

This is Sanders' best debate. He seems a lot more natural and confident tonight, and while his talking points are grating he's getting them out better tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom