• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democratic Primary Debate VI: Raid Time 2/11 9PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

I think it's fair to say that race relations are influenced by economic factors but it would be nice for Sanders to show a more balanced understanding of issues

giphy.gif
Crying 😂

dave is ok

aztek is ok
"General economic issue" is not going to do the job on the day that only the third police officer involved in a shooting of an unarmed black youth was convicted out of almost 300 in the past ten years.
300 in ten years is a very small number. That's less common than a lightning strike fatality.

Police accountability and prosecution is an important issue, but it's not like that should take precedence over everything.

The 1980s and post-internet boom increases in black (and other group's) poverty can be correlated with the death of manufacturing and NAFTA - among other things obviously. And things are arguably worse now in many ways.

Economy permeates everything. This is a fact.

Bernie is right. As a latino Obama has barely done anything for immigrants.

True. He barely changed anything from Bush. He went harder with deportations, too.

He already addressed that problem and he didnt mention Wall Street. Pay attention Leona, thats why your career is where it is.
I started watching on the question about racial inequality in particular.

I stand corrected, then.

buy i am on itunes

Bernie is right. As a latino Obama has barely done anything for immigrants.
That executive action wasn't good enough for you? Sanctuary cities weren't good enough for you? Redirecting federal resources to different priorities wasn't good enough for you? Telling border patrol they had to treat the surge of young children immigrants humanely wasn't good enough for you?

RPGCrazied

Say what you will about her, but she is polished and speaks very well. I'd be happy to have her as President. But would back Bernie if he somehow got the nomination.

Raxus

I think they're talking about the DREAMer thing Obama did a few years back

I thought that got neutered in Congress some years back.

As a son of an immigrant I'd hope this trump bullshit would just die out. It's a scapegoat that ultimately hurts the US in the long run.

Her collar screams elite? Come on...

'Buttoned-up'? Unapproachable? Frosty? She's straight out of central casting as 'uptight white woman'. Not that there's anything especially wrong with that - some of my best friends are uptight white women. In some rooms, it's a good look.

It doesn't scream, 'I care about working people', though.

(The 'best friends' line was a joke).

ivysaur12

Banned
Economy permeates everything. This is a fact.

True. He barely changed anything from Bush. He went harder with deportations, too.

But you can't talk about everything in a socioeconomic lens. It's one of the problems with classical Marxist thought.

That executive action wasn't good enough for you? Sanctuary cities weren't good enough for you? Redirecting federal resources to different priorities wasn't good enough for you? Telling border patrol they had to treat the surge of young children immigrants humanely wasn't good enough for you?

when are we gonna get a thread about Hillsplaining to latinos

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Clinton, if you read any of the stories that came out about the immigrants, those kids would have been dead had they stayed.

Sanders is flubbing whole bunch of his race related answers.

A job didn't save Sandra Bland.

Bucks don't stop bullets.

And Sanders said race relations will ABSOLUTELY be better under his presidency than Obama’s. Bad idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom