• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon Gaze |OT| Even heroes have to pay rent

Shiina

Looks like you have the same problem I had, I had to turn up the difficulty to not steamroll through everything, turn it up to warm for now but you will probably turn it up to hot soon enough.

I'm still playing on warm but it starting to be really easy again, will probably turn it to hot tomorrow.

I've been playing on hot since the beginning. Devotion and Holy Shield are just too good. Kind of silly that they don't cost any resources.

ZeroAKA

With the right artifacts such as Slash and God's Arms, Paladin pretty much becomes a one man army. I might drop Paladin from my party in post-game and new game plus.

Jindrael

Banned
Paladin being broken again i see.
#TeamRemovePaladinFromEveryGame

Paladin itself is good ... REALLY good but with a healer that spams Holy Shield it just breaks the game.

I had the hope that hot difficulty would manage to counter it but it seems like this is not the case.
Well, even if the game is easy it's still fun for me :p

Shengar

Paladin being broken again i see.
#TeamRemovePaladinFromEveryGame

The game must be doing something wrong if the tanker doing triple damage than the supposed main damage dealer.
I blame Holy Charge, the skill supposed to be for someone else :<

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Saw this in the store today so went and picked it up. They should have let whoever the writer for this manga is have done the games story. D: Since its actually pretty decent. Its too bad the artist is different though. I am cry when I saw Prometh and Pinay D:

Hopefully if they make a Demon Gaze 2 it will be more story / character focused similar to how Students of Round was.

HohGCOR.png

Parakeetman

That Fran isn't pretty at all :<
Also, what sort of party that the manga have?

It started off with a Dwarf Samurai, Human Healer. Ended up with an Elf Mage halfway through it.

The cover art is actually pretty bad lol. A lot of the characters were visually redesigned.

Parakeetman

The 100 item limit is starting to get annoying, I'm increasingly having to go back to town to sell/extract more often than I used to.

You should be lucky its not the other type of design which is individual character inventory based as its far less than 100.

Just dont carry around crap you dont need and problem solved. Most of the space taken up in folks inventory is by items they will most likely never use, therefore can go rot in the vault instead lol

Parakeetman

Yay Slash 2, time to replace my samurai.

Generally though, if thats the skill that Im thinking about. Which is the one that hits multiple rows. By far the first skill is the better one just due to the damage output not being lowered.

Have no idea what the US skill names are as dont have my copy yet.

Parakeetman

I've probably missed the obvious, but where do I go after getting Hermes key?

think its back to the elf no? since you need that veil to go to the next part where neptune is underwater. as he makes that veil you need to breath underwater with.

Volcynika

think its back to the elf no? since you need that veil to go to the next part where neptune is underwater. as he makes that veil you need to breath underwater with.

Oh, doh. I didn't even think of that. I went to every locked door/passage I remembered (though I at least went through Hermes cell in the Black Cage at least).

Also totally rolled after him when I upgraded the sword that you get from the
Mimic
fight.

Parakeetman

Oh, doh. I didn't even think of that. I went to every locked door/passage I remembered (though I at least went through Hermes cell in the Black Cage at least).

Also totally rolled after him when I upgraded the sword that you get from the
Mimic
fight.

Oh yeah that sword puts the MC on beast mode thats for sure. Damned good weapon.

Ironjam

Oh boy i totally forgot you need money to strengthen gear, Now im sitting at 900 gold ahaha. 70k sure disappear fast when you strengthen s rank gear.

Mokoi

Banned
Oh boy i totally forgot you need money to strengthen gear, Now im sitting at 900 gold ahaha. 70k sure disappear fast when you strengthen s rank gear.

Same thing happened to me. I was completely stumped trying to figure out were all my gold went.

The "fun" part was getting to her wasnt it? lol

Yeah, especially since I missed one portal and it took me a bit to find the one door I didn't go through. When i finally got to her I was afraid of dying and having to go through the treasury maze and climb those ladders again, but it was over in 3 turns.

Finally got a full party. Going with Paladin, Samurai, Ranger, and Healer. I think everything is going well. Though I should probably stop hoarding artifact gems.

How related to Students of the Round is this game anyways? Would having any knowledge about what happened in that game help to explain some stuff they gloss over in this one?

Parakeetman

Finally got a full party. Going with Paladin, Samurai, Ranger, and Healer. I think everything is going well. Though I should probably stop hoarding artifact gems.

How related to Students of the Round is this game anyways? Would having any knowledge about what happened in that game help to explain some stuff they gloss over in this one?

You dont need to know anything that happened from SOR really. Its funny considering SOR has more of an actual story than Demon Gaze does. Its far more story driven and the party you have is pre-set with the characters who are in the story itself, have voices. Where DG they are all player made. And its the NPCs who are the story pieces.

Volcynika

Neptune wasn't too bad, though she almost caught me a few times. Was able to overpower her regenerating health, so victorious! Not sure where to go currently so I'm looking around. Can't even access Pluto yet. I know I need to find
Lord Shark
somewhere.

Also ;_______;

Volcynika

Nameless farming is also really good for money and items. Make sure you save before you artifact since you get limited per playthrough.

Yeah, I know. I'm trying to decide which ones I should aim for and how many. Got a party of Gazer/Paladin/Ranger/Assassin/Healer.

Razma1

Yeah, I know. I'm trying to decide which ones I should aim for and how many. Got a party of Gazer/Paladin/Ranger/Assassin/Healer.

Dual wield, Slash, any of the Banes, Holy shield on someone besides healer so they can heal along with the Support W set since you don't have Wizard would all be legit.

Volcynika

Dual wield, Slash, any of the Banes, Holy shield on someone besides healer so they can heal along with the Support W set since you don't have Wizard would all be legit.

Sounds good. I have Slash on my Paladin currently, will need to find the rest of them. The castle should have a good set of artifacts to farm for as well.

vocab

Do bosses drop loot? I'm worried that having 100 items on me while I fight the boss prevents me from getting good shit.

I haven't had much time to play this weekend and I'm just getting to sit down with it again. ....this castle is huge

Razmatazz.png

Finally got em 100%! Game was great very happy with it.

If psnprofiles is right then only 959 people bought this game?
What a tragedy.
Or are those only people that "check-in" to their site?

vocab

If psnprofiles is right then only 959 people bought this game?
What a tragedy.
Or are those only people that "check-in" to their site?

Its only the people who check the site. Look at the numbers for the well known mainstream games. They are really low compared to what the sales are.

Top Bottom