• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Finished 4-2, 4-3, 3-2, and 3-3 today! Maneaters were such a headache, my triumph over them was a big sigh of relief for me. Comparatively all the other bosses were rather easy, killed them all on my first try. Surprised I had such an easy time with the Old Monk though, isn't he supposed to be much harder?

Anyway time to finish up 5-2 and 5-3 next. After that finish up the rest of 1-3 and 1-4 then finish the game!

with the old monk sometime you face another player instead

Astarte

Don't forget the possibility of meeting a crappy player-controlled Old Monk phantom ;)

On my first character I slapped the crap out of the first scrub that dared lift his rapier
On my second character, I got destroyed by 21 people. Scrapings spears so strong...

Mogwai

On my first character I slapped the crap out of the first scrub that dared lift his rapier
On my second character, I got destroyed by 21 people. Scrapings spears so strong...

Hmm I better get my hands on such a spear (that sounded wrong...) Seems like it could be a good trolling weapon :D

I recall getting durability drained by a black NPC phantom in 1-4. He must've had that spear.

Soulhouf

Hmm I better get my hands on such a spear (that sounded wrong...) Seems like it could be a good trolling weapon :D

I recall getting durability drained by a black NPC phantom in 1-4. He must've had that spear.

I'm positive. It's the spear in question.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Finished 4-2, 4-3, 3-2, and 3-3 today! Maneaters were such a headache, my triumph over them was a big sigh of relief for me. Comparatively all the other bosses were rather easy, killed them all on my first try. Surprised I had such an easy time with the Old Monk though, isn't he supposed to be much harder?

It depends if you encountered another player or not. The offline NPC version is very easy. If you get a player, well, it depends entirely on that player's build and skill. :)

I lol when I face a noob with a scraping spear. It's very easy to counter. And on a decent build, a buffed winged spear would kill the other player in far fewer hits than it'd take for a scraping spear to damage a weapon (except maybe a katana), so it's entirely worthless. It's a trolling/lolweapon, no more.

The 4-1 black phantom hits pretty hard with it, though, he must have 99 dex or something. :p

Gartooth

OK just to update since my last post I've finished 5-2, 5-3, and 1-3. The Penetrator was a difficult fight for me but eventually I got patient and very cautious and managed to take him down. The blue dragon of 1-4 is a piece of shit though. Killed it just through boredom perseverance by pelting it with arrows but it took a long time.

Anyway here I am riding an elevator, going to face the last foe before the final boss. At the top I'm greeted by King Allant who turns around and draws his sword, I hear an intimidating organ version of the Demon's Souls main theme, and it sets the stage for what I'm feeling; I'm going to get shit on so badly. Next thing I know I'm greeted with dashing strikes, giant explosions, and stupidly long combos. I keep myself paced though and play smart, my character has a huge amount of life, was in body form, and I had cast a revive miracle. Eventually I get Allant down to 1/8 health. Then the fucker catches me by surprise and drains my damn soul level!?!? I luckily had enough life left so I tried to run away and eat grass but nope I got comboed, I revive and tried it again and I get comboed again! So pissed after having come so close, will try again tomorrow when I regain sanity.

OK just to update since my last post I've finished 5-2, 5-3, and 1-3. The Penetrator was a difficult fight for me but eventually I got patient and very cautious and managed to take him down. The blue dragon of 1-4 is a piece of shit though. Killed it just through boredom perseverance by pelting it with arrows but it took a long time.

Anyway here I am riding an elevator, going to face the last foe before the final boss. At the top I'm greated by King Allant who turns around and draws his sword, I hear an intimidating organ version of the Demon's Souls main theme, and it sets the stage for what I'm feeling; I'm going to get shit on so badly. Next thing I know I'm greeted with dashing strikes, giant explosions, and stupidly long combos. I keep myself paced though and play smart, my character has a huge amount of life, was in body form, and I had cast a revive miracle. Eventually I get Allant down to 1/8 health. Then the fucker catches me by surprise and drains my damn soul level!?!? I luckily had enough life left so I tried to run away and eat grass but nope I got comboed, I revive and tried it again and I get comboed again! So pissed after having come so close, will try again tomorrow when I regain sanity.

soul suck baby :)

and yeah the dragon is the worst part about that level

Gartooth

Killed False King today! Decided to wrap up a few loose ends and then proceeded to finish the game, and wow the final boss is a joke you guys weren't kidding. Thing is slow, weak, and incredibly predictable, didn't even hit me once as I just circled it and stabbed it over and over. False King felt more like a "true" final boss in that regard, definitely a fun fight even if he did soul suck me. :(

Soulhouf

Killed False King today! Decided to wrap up a few loose ends and then proceeded to finish the game, and wow the final boss is a joke you guys weren't kidding. Thing is slow, weak, and incredibly predictable, didn't even hit me once as I just circled it and stabbed it over and over. False King felt more like a "true" final boss in that regard, definitely a fun fight even if he did soul suck me. :(

False King is the final boss.
That thing you fight before the end is to show you how corrupted and weak the king became after joining the Old One. It's done for a purpose.

I always read people complaining about the final boss in Demon's Souls and the ending in Dark Souls but IMO they were done like that in purpose and they succeed to leave a strong image in your mind for that. It's part of what made these games so unique.
Genius.

Gartooth

False King is the final boss.
That thing you fight before the end is to show you how corrupted and weak the king became after joining the Old One. It's done for a purpose.

I always read people complaining about the final boss in Demon's Souls and the ending in Dark Souls but IMO they were done like that in purpose and they succeed to leave a strong image in your mind for that. It's part of what made these games so unique.
Genius.

Yeah I understood that, by joining the Old One in his quest for power he ended up becoming a pathetic monster and shell of his former self, and the two boss battles were to illustrate that. I'm just noting how incredibly pathetic he is, possibly the easiest boss in the game for me.

Dorrin

So I've started playing Demon's Souls. Basically I'm looking to just do one play through of the game, I've beaten Dark souls several times got 1000/1000. I'm still trying to settle on a build.

I've started a Royal put just a couple of points in VIT and STR for heater shield, enough in INT for three spells and took magic up to 25ish. I've beaten 3-1 and just got Soul Ray. I am thinking about starting a regen build though.

Opinions between the two builds? I've heard that Magic is OP but I actually feel it is less useful then in Dark Souls at this point. Maybe I'm just not far enough along to appreciate it or I'm too stingy with the spice.

cyborg009

Banned
Just Started getting into the game and I'm loving it. I was doing tower of latria and just beat the first section (3-1?) When the the gargoyle took me the next archstone I notice I could summon a player, so I did. I then realize I couldn't go back to the nexus and I had like 20k souls on me.....But the summoned player start to the rush through the entire stage so fast that we met Yurt so quickly. I was about to let him live until I notice the player kept on swinging his sword at him. I started to fight him but I was knock over the ledge and died. I looked him up and was amazed on what would have happen if he lived.

Enough with that, I have like 45k souls what should I do with them?

Almost finished this game on my very first playthrough. I've been wondering how active the online Invasions are. Usually when I use the black stone thingy, it says "Invasion Failed" or doesn't work at all. Are there any areas in the game in particular that's really popular that maybe I'd have a good chance of invading someone?

Booshka

Almost finished this game on my very first playthrough. I've been wondering how active the online Invasions are. Usually when I use the black stone thingy, it says "Invasion Failed" or doesn't work at all. Are there any areas in the game in particular that's really popular that maybe I'd have a good chance of invading someone?

4-1 usually.

Time for another DeS run. It's always a while between playthroughs so I forget so much - but I want to do a 100% playthrough including all black and white world tendency events in a single playthrough. Pretty sure I did this last time I played, but I forgot the details.

What in general should I be going for first - black or white? Assuming white since killing bosses etc moves it that way. So White first, then kill self in world half a dozen or so times to go black?

Curufinwe

I looked up how to kill Old King Doran and there were a ton of different suggsted strategies. But all I did was stand in front of him and use Poison Cloud three times. He never moved an inch and five minutes later he was dead and I got the trophy.

Soulhouf

What in general should I be going for first - black or white? Assuming white since killing bosses etc moves it that way. So White first, then kill self in world half a dozen or so times to go black?

My advice:
1- Leave at least one boss alive in the world you wish to get in pure white
2- Go pure black WT. At this point you need to be in phantom form to avoid screwing up the process
3- Kill the BP NPC AND the Primevil demon without going back to the Nexus
4- Go back to the Nexus
5- Kill the remaining boss
6- Go back to the Nexus. Now the world should be in pure white
7- Go there to do the pure white WT quest(s)

4-1, 4-2 and 1-4

Thanks Soulhouf. I think you probably answered my same question last time I did a playthrough :p

I get it. Once at PBT - that final boss, NPC phantom and primeval demon each give +2 tendency which gets it you to PWT.

I really like the world tendency events in DeS, would like to see something similar in DS2, but without the need to stay offline in order to manipulate it the way you want.

All going well so far. World 2 and 4 all down, all tendency stuff included. I am going with the Moonlight Great Sword after watching ENB's unfinished Demon Days playthrough, did 5-1 early just for that. But started to level up the wrong stat quite a few points before I realised it scales with Faith in this game not magic?!

Lots of double checking - Did I remember to suicide in the Nexus? Did I go back to the Nexus? Did I take out the Primeval Demon AND BP etc, etc. Ready? Ready? OK, let's do the final area boss!

I really like the tendency events themselves, extra side-quests almost, but the method to achieve them I feel is too convoluted. Reviving and suiciding over and over isn't really 'in the game' is it, it feels more like an exploit almost.

When I see people complaining about Blighttown, I wonder how they would handle world 5, it is far gloomier and uglier than Blighttown and off the beaten track it's easy to get disorientated - And I like world 5 a lot, more so on repeat playthroughs as I remember hating it on my first run through way back, and guess that is where a lot of the Blighttown hate comes from - a reputation and memory from first playthroughs.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Some guy I know from another (non-gaming) forum, who isn't into any RPGs at all apparently, made a really funny post about Demon's Soul. Thought I'd share, 'cause it's so full of cluelessness that it's pretty funny... Keep in mind, this guy is not a "noob gamer", he's the kind of guy that will hunt for platinums in many AAA games. But apparently RPGs are all swing-sword-kill-dragons-make-potions-grindfests.

I'm playing it, due to it being a PS+ title.

I just don't see what I'm supposed to do!? I died when a vanguard killed me, now I'm wandering around a castle in some sort of purgatory, looking for a soul of some sort. I go round and round and more baddies keep attacking. I eventually die, then I start from the beginning, minus all the health from my previous go. I'm now down to zero health and it's impossible. What's the point of this game? It seems a bit Skyrim to me. Not my cup of tea at all.

I don't even know which direction I'm supposed to go, or what I'm looking for. Is this going to be another of those Age of Dragons, collect stupid potions and sell grass to wizards type games? I thought it was more like Resident Evil from reviews. I managed to play the Dragon one for around 2 hours before I sold it.

Oh, I see. It is a crappy dragons and wizards RPG. I actually played Dark Souls once as well. That lasted about 30 mins. I didn't realise they were related.

That was a waste of bandwidth. Next!

When I said "is this a joke post? can anyone be that clueless?", he answered with this:

Not a joke post. I had no idea what was going on. I've uninstalled it now. I'm not really a fan of those types of games. Oblivion, Skyrim, Dragon Age...etc. I didn't realise this was the genre when I started. I can't be bothered with all the potions and dragons and what have yous. I find them silly and irritating. And often graphically poor. Which is no biggie, I guess. But they all just look and feel the same to me. I feel the same way about FPSs and GTA type sandbox games. And multiplayer. I hate multiplayer. I like cinematic games (Okami, zelda, Heavy Rain), or third person adventures (Uncharted, Last of Us, Dead Space) or something quirky and puzzley (Catherine, Monkey Island)

ETA. And just in regards the 'being poor at games' remark. Not that I care much who thinks that their games are like, totally the hardest, but plenty of people found Mass Effect insanity, The Batman Challenges, Last Of Us Survival, Dead Space Hardcore, Catherine*... etc tricksy. I didn't, really (especially Last Of Us - molotovs make it way too easy) but I've never felt compelled to mock someone else for it. I probably do suck at RPGs, but only because I've never bothered with them. Don't like 'em.

*apart from this one. It's stupid difficult. Still finished it though.

When I laughed at hearing that Zelda was "cinematic", he said:

I do struggle to see how anyone could doubt the Zeldas were cinematic though. Especially to scoff at the idea. They're all beautiful games.

XD

Returning to Demon's after an absence of a few years. I've only beaten the game once (with an easy-mode magic character no less), so replaying with a dex build makes everything feel almost new.

Character Tendency >:-|

Attempting to platinum the game finally, and realising I need the friendship ring for the rings trophy, and I don't think I can do it on this playthrough. In fact from the wiki it says it's going to take 10 BP NPC kills to get from pure black to pure white, which is 2 full playthroughs which is basically taking me all the way through NG++ on this character.

Fuck that! I was already peeved at having to playthrough NG+ all the way to 1-4 to rescue Yuria again for the spells trophy for the Maiden in Black soulsucker spell. I can see why I never platinumed the game now! I do have all the materials I need for the weapons trophies though, well I mean at least 1 each of all the Pure types of upgrade stone, so I should be able to upgrade every type eventually. I thought DeS was really grindy when it came to upgrading weapons? Maybe I've had good drops, I have managed to kill upwards of 80% of the lizards, at least only one or two gave me trouble. God's Wrath in the nest in Stonefang mine is so awesome!

If you play online, getting PWCT is trivial, just kill like 3 invaders (starting at NCT) and you're good to go.
I don't fancy my chances, this character is a bit of a mess stats-wise and I assume only die-hards are invading online these days? Also at PBCT since I did the Mephistopheles quests already. Will give it a go though, since I'm not trying to get WT in NG+ I can just go human and hope to be invaded. Fingers crossed!

Edit - it's been SO long since I played online in DeS, you can be invaded in a world all the way up to clearing the end world boss, right? That is say I've killed the 4-1 boss, but only that boss in world 4 - can I still be invaded in 4-1?

greyshark

Edit - it's been SO long since I played online in DeS, you can be invaded in a world all the way up to clearing the end world boss, right? That is say I've killed the 4-1 boss, but only that boss in world 4 - can I still be invaded in 4-1?

No - you can only be invaded in areas where the boss hasn't been cleared. So you can't be invaded in 4-1, but you can in 4-2.

Sullichin

Character Tendency >:-|

Attempting to platinum the game finally, and realising I need the friendship ring for the rings trophy, and I don't think I can do it on this playthrough. In fact from the wiki it says it's going to take 10 BP NPC kills to get from pure black to pure white, which is 2 full playthroughs which is basically taking me all the way through NG++ on this character.

Fuck that! I was already peeved at having to playthrough NG+ all the way to 1-4 to rescue Yuria again for the spells trophy for the Maiden in Black soulsucker spell. I can see why I never platinumed the game now! I do have all the materials I need for the weapons trophies though, well I mean at least 1 each of all the Pure types of upgrade stone, so I should be able to upgrade every type eventually. I thought DeS was really grindy when it came to upgrading weapons? Maybe I've had good drops, I have managed to kill upwards of 80% of the lizards, at least only one or two gave me trouble. God's Wrath in the nest in Stonefang mine is so awesome!

Pure Bladestone is the hardest farm, so you're really lucky if you have that without trying too much. I also had to go to NG++ to get pure darkmoonstone. DeS requires many more upgrade materials per level than DS though. To +10 a weapon you need like 6 chunks, 6 shards, and a pure JUST to go from +9 -> 10. Some weapons require two pures.

Getting both CT rings was difficult because I didn't go about it in a very efficient way. That might have been the last trophy I got. I may have even just traded someone for it.. I don't remember. But I remember being annoyed that it would take forever to get enough kills, I think I was in a similar situation and already at PBCT.

That being said I can help you out if you're on US servers around SL150 (I think)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Finally beat Dark Souls and it was one of the best games I have ever played. The feeling of defeating a boss or area is something I have not experienced in a lonnggg time.

So as soon as I beat DaSouls today I went and picked up DeSouls. Tips for a newbie? I plan to maybe go Warrior class unless someone suggests otherwise.

Also does the online work the same in Demons like Dark i.e. Summoning?

Finally beat Dark Souls and it was one of the best games I have ever played. The feeling of defeating a boss or area is something I have not experienced in a lonnggg time.

So as soon as I beat DaSouls today I went and picked up DeSouls. Tips for a newbie? I plan to maybe go Warrior class unless someone suggests otherwise.

Also does the online work the same in Demons like Dark i.e. Summoning?

royal class is the easiest to go and play the game, with the wanderer class the hardest(in my opinion,being bias it being the first class choose)
online the work pretty much the same, with you having to be soul form to use the black stone so you invade other people game
you can pick up guy if there a blue sign and if you in the soul form you can drop a blue sign with the blue sign

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
royal class is the easiest to go and play the game, with the wanderer class the hardest(in my opinion,being bias it being the first class choose)
online the work pretty much the same, with you having to be soul form to use the black stone so you invade other people game
you can pick up guy if there a blue sign and if you in the soul form you can drop a blue sign with the blue sign

How would Royal compare to say the Warrior class?

Also are their things I should absolutely start out with like that key in DaSouls that opens all doors.

How would Royal compare to say the Warrior class?

Also are their things I should absolutely start out with like that key in DaSouls that opens all doors.

well the royal class has access to magic and it start off with a decent spell(Soul Arrow) and the fragrant ring(regen mp) the only offside is a low hp and stamina

the warror class(temple knight, knight,and soldier) are decent choices if you don't want to play as a royal class

If you want a challenge there the wanderer class which has high dex but weak armor and low hp, so you going to be dodging a lot or there the barbarian class which has no armor and a short range melee weapon but high vit

oh and there no gift in the game

That being said I can help you out if you're on US servers around SL150 (I think)
I'm on EU servers, but thanks any way Sullichin.

Decided to actually do a fresh character for the achievements. I botched my stats a bit on the last one when I pumped points into magic in anticipation of getting the Moonlight Great Sword, I didn't know it scaled with Faith in DeS. Shouldn't take any longer than to carry on and do NG++ with the exsting character any way.

New character, zoomed through everything. Did everything perfect as I can recall - Currently only have 1-4 to do, killed all 5 NPC BPs and stayed in offline mode throughout. But still not getting the Friendship Ring from the Monumental. The body on the tendency page is shining white, but I guess I'm one off or something. Looks like I need to go online to get invaded.

Hopefully 1-4 is active otherwise I'm done, sheesh!

Edit: Waited around for about 20 mins, first invader I killed him, got PWCT \o/
Got the Friends Ring, then went off to upgrade some weapons and tie up some loose ends - the two PWWT events I had left - world 2 and 5, the NPCs are not there, and with no way to make the worlds PW after killing the final boss in each world means another incomplete run!,Thought they were PW after doing everything right, but I guess not - I'm out of here!

Nice couple of weeks break from DaS, made me remember all the things I love about DeS - but also how much bullshit there is to remember in getting a perfect run, it'll turn your hair grey! I'm off back to DaS, see you next year DeS!

Mentok

Banned
After beating DS so many times, I've finally started to play DeS.
What I like and dislike:

+Atmosphere in DeS is much cooler
+More diverse enemy types
+Actual sense of dread (I never worried about dying in DS as much as I do in DeS)
-Gameplay mechanics (I found the controls more responsive in DS
-Items disappearing (I'm not opposed to item burden, but I hate when I attempt to pick an item up, it disappears if I don't get it initially. Why can't I go back to the nexus and clear out space to go back and get the item?)
-World Tendency (this is the one issue with why I doubt I'll platinum the game. In theory, I like the idea of the worlds being different, but I don't like the execution. Why are there so many gradients? It would've been easier on the eyes to just have neutral, black and white. I also hate how the online messes with my game. I'll probably play the game again in offline mode).

Overall, really enjoying the game!

Deimo5

Spent about an hour trying to beat Old King Doran to no avail, bah...worst thing is I was one hit from killing him on about my third try and my sword hit the wall instead of him as he was backed up in a corner, then his vertical strike killed me in one hit.
His ring is the last one for me before going for the friends/foes rings, old man is a real road block though.

Soulhouf

New character, zoomed through everything. Did everything perfect as I can recall - Currently only have 1-4 to do, killed all 5 NPC BPs and stayed in offline mode throughout. But still not getting the Friendship Ring from the Monumental. The body on the tendency page is shining white, but I guess I'm one off or something. Looks like I need to go online to get invaded.

Hopefully 1-4 is active otherwise I'm done, sheesh!

Edit: Waited around for about 20 mins, first invader I killed him, got PWCT \o/
Got the Friends Ring, then went off to upgrade some weapons and tie up some loose ends - the two PWWT events I had left - world 2 and 5, the NPCs are not there, and with no way to make the worlds PW after killing the final boss in each world means another incomplete run!,Thought they were PW after doing everything right, but I guess not - I'm out of here!

Nice couple of weeks break from DaS, made me remember all the things I love about DeS - but also how much bullshit there is to remember in getting a perfect run, it'll turn your hair grey! I'm off back to DaS, see you next year DeS!

:D
Demon's Souls has some obscure mechanics but once you understand it well, you can do anything you want.

For instance I was able to do all the WT and CT events in one run several times without going offline.

Spent about an hour trying to beat Old King Doran to no avail, bah...worst thing is I was one hit from killing him on about my third try and my sword hit the wall instead of him as he was backed up in a corner, then his vertical strike killed me in one hit.
His ring is the last one for me before going for the friends/foes rings, old man is a real road block though.

Parry/riposte him to death. You should be able to beat him quickly that way, he is very easy to parry.

Curufinwe

Do you have Poison Cloud? I just stood in front of him and cast it three times. He didn't move and died on the spot.

Curufinwe

16865d1354913230-official-worry-about-rhoads-leaving-thread-zoidberg-you-should-feel-bad.jpg

It's not my fault the AI is so poor.

I actually love that Zoidberg meme.

Deimo5

Do you have Poison Cloud? I just stood in front of him and cast it three times. He didn't move and died on the spot.

The first time I fought him I cheesed him with a mage and fireball I think, want to beat him legit now. I am using a no magic faith build with this character.

Parry/riposte him to death. You should be able to beat him quickly that way, he is very easy to parry.

Yeah the first time I tried parrying him I got two p+r in a row actually, then i got too scared when he got more aggressive.
The main strategy I have been trying so far is rolling around his attacks and backstabbing him. It works pretty well for his slash attack, but once he starts using the vertical attack I keep getting hit since it seems to change direction mid-attack better. I swear one time I was standing directly behind him and he was able to hit me with it :/

ed: parry/riposte does seem to way to go, just need to improve on some attacks that end up only getting block-parried most of the time or whatever the term is
ed2: finally did it, thank god. Umbasa.

Back in the game, I'm not letting it beat me, I want that platinum and I'm going through NG+ to do it. Fuck you DeS, I'm going to platinum you yet!
I wasn't anywhere near as lucky with the drops this run either, I'm missing a couple of chunks and pure types, the last run I got all the pures.

Re: Old King Doran. I always push him down the stairs. XD

Soriku

Just beat it, great game. Some really cool areas (Tower of Latria especially) and gameplay still holds up well compared to Dark Souls. After playing this I realized that there were several things Dark Souls added/refined for the gameplay. Although I wouldn't say any reinvent the wheel, they just make things a bit less tedious and more fun.

Old King Allant was a surprisingly pretty tough boss there before the end. Luckily I had Second Chance which saved me but I had to constantly heal because he deals a lot of damage and in quick succession.

As for Doran I tried fighting him normally but even with Second Chance he was really tricky. So I just equipped the Thief's Ring, lured him outside then ran back to the building near the archer. Once I saw him walking back to his post, I just ran up to him and backstabbed him lol. He'd actually look behind his shoulder when I got close but he never turned around. I did this repeatedly until he died. I did the same thing for BP Rydell.

And about the World Tendency, I liked the concept of the worlds having things changed depending on if you're Pure White or Pure Black, but yeah execution could've been better. Getting to PB is pretty easy (just kill yourself in Body form multiple times. I duped the Ephemeral Eyes so I wouldn't have to worry about running out. Still kind of a tedious process though.) but PW, not as much if you screw up, which you shouldn't if you know what you're doing.

I wouldn't mind if they bring this mechanic back as long as it was easier to achieve PB/PW, but also if they do I'd like them to change the worlds much more. In PW there were a few locked off areas that were opened and some extra NPCs but not much more. In PB, you mainly just get some Black Phantoms. This might be asking much, but if they brought this mechanic back it would cool if they actually changed the layout of the area and enemy placements, and maybe gave the world a different look depending on whether you're on PB/PW.

Finally I don't know if this is because of budget issues or not but the third sections for the worlds should've been more than just a simple pathway to the boss, World 1 being the exception. Oh well.

3 hours of farming, I'm now the proud owner of a Pure Bladestone.

Seriously WTF @ them only putting this as a drop on two enemies (AFAIK) - the Dual Katana Skeletons in 4-2, one of them being a BP version. I have 7 Uchigatanas from the drops.

The only trophy I have left to get besides the all trophies trophy, is the Moonlight Weapon one. I'm expecting the crystal lizards in 3-2 and 3-3 not to drop the Pure Moonlight stone - just because that's Souls for you. But just in case, I duped a gazillion souls and pumped my Luck stat up to 60 and I'm making the world black. I've literally done EVERYTHING in the game now, I just need these last two trophies.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Luck doesn't help with getting pure stones. High luck means more chances of drops from enemies, but crystal lizards always drop items, so it's useless. Sorry you wasted your build, lol. Then again you're just grinding away at boring shit for an irrelevant trophy so... *shrugs* your loss.

Top Bottom