• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

kinggroin

Banned
Inanna said:
MY GOD! Why are you using all that heavy equipment??? Like Theta11 said, you need to use something that would allow you dodge and/or run away when he's doing the earth quake move or the move where he just runs (more like glides) towards you and slashes you a few time with his sword, you can't avoid these two attacks with those equipment on!

lol alright alright. Using heavy armour inconjuction with really high endurance/item load allowed me to still roll around and dodge kicking most demons' asses (flame lurker was a bit tough). I guess I can go nekid and concentrate on ducking dipping and dodging.

thorin

gdt5016 said:
I was able to kill one, but the other (in the grass) won't spawn anymore :/.
So if you go to the nexus and come back, there's no more lizards at 4-4? That sucks. Have you tried the lizard at 4-2? He's near the hidden passage black skeleton. You have to be sneaky approaching him though or he'll run right off the cliff.

gdt

thorin said:
So if you go to the nexus and come back, there's no more lizards at 4-4? That sucks. Have you tried the lizard at 4-2? He's near the hidden passage black skeleton. You have to be sneaky approaching him though or he'll run right off the cliff.

I'll give that one a shot.

oracrest

gdt5016 said:
I'll give that one a shot.

1286838808004.png

Zzoram

ACE 1991 said:
Anyone? I'm about ready to cry :lol

What is your build/gear/magic/miracles and what strategies have you tried?

The key seems to be to kill the first one ASAP so you don't have to watch your back against 2 of them. Then just don't let the second one out of your sight, and use the brazier (fire metal thingy) as cover. Keep it between you two so his lunge is blocked by it.

Diomedes

ACE 1991 said:

If you have no scruples about exploiting game glitches, bring a bow and a bunch of arrows and snipe from the right side of the portal before passing through it. You should be able to take the first one down, then enter and just deal with the second.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Diomedes said:
If you have no scruples about exploiting game glitches, bring a bow and a bunch of arrows and snipe from the right side of the portal before passing through it. You should be able to take the first one down, then enter and just deal with the second.

Yeah bring like 200 arrows with you and kill the first one before entering the fog gate. If you have anti-magic field, it works great for the second one. Bring a shield with high guard break reduction for his pounce attack. Try to kill his tail first since it's the source of all his magic attacks (except for a magic roar/breath attack) and it prevents him from going into uber-aura mode. Use the bonfire in the middle platform to keep distance between each other. You can hit him with a spear R2 lunge while he's on the other side. His pounce attack is a massive pain in the ass, roll when you see him duck/hear him growl right before it but always keep an eye that you're not too close to the ledge or else you might roll out of the platform and die.

minx

I prefer to hide behind my shield and not use two hands on a weapon. So I'll go with spear since dex will work tirades that and my bow, perfect! Should I learn second chance miracle or the one where I can leave with my souls? And what does that require?

minx88 said:
I prefer to hide behind my shield and not use two hands on a weapon. So I'll go with spear since dex will work tirades that and my bow, perfect! Should I learn second chance miracle or the one where I can leave with my souls? And what does that require?
Evacuate requires 20k souls, absolutely necessary for farming. Second chance requires the Old Hero's soul. Why not learn both? If your farming, remember evacuate otherwise remember Second chance.

Gvaz

Banned
This is the one game I want a PS3 for, but I heard something about they were taking down the servers for it? From what I heard, this was integral to having people come in and leave notes as to how they died?

Gvaz said:
This is the one game I want a PS3 for, but I heard something about they were taking down the servers for it? From what I heard, this was integral to having people come in and leave notes as to how they died?
US servers are up till October. Atlus may extend it again.

oracrest

ACE 1991 said:

When I fight him, I make sure to roll in certain ways when he does his crouch and lunge. I prefer to fight him on the bridge parts, then move to the center when the secod one shows up.

With his lunge, you can roll in the same direction he's going, and come up right next to him and attack. I also do a single hit and retreat, repeat.

Instro

Diomedes said:

Yeah if you cant get it done any other way, this is an option. They are pretty weak against fire damage so getting firestorm or upgrading a dragon weapon might be worth it.

gdt

Did alot of farming at 4-4. Got up to SL 90.

Still can't get a goddamn pure Darkmoonstone. Anyone got one they could trade/let go of?

Boken

Banned
I accidentally cast poison cloud on a demon in 1-2 with Ostrava next to it and now he's aggressive towards me : (. Does this mean he wont appear anymore? Should I just smack him down?

gdt

Goddamit. I hate you Pure Darkmoonstone.

Picked up a shit load of stones in Stonefang Tunnel. Including 2 Pure Dragonstones. Firestorm'd the shit out of the Crystal Lizard pit.

oracrest

gdt5016 said:
Goddamit. I hate you Pure Darkmoonstone.

Picked up a shit load of stones in Stonefang Tunnel. Including 2 Pure Dragonstones. Firestorm'd the shit out of the Crystal Lizard pit.

I'll check my characters and see I I have a spare...

oracrest

Boken said:
I accidentally cast poison cloud on a demon in 1-2 with Ostrava next to it and now he's aggressive towards me : (. Does this mean he wont appear anymore? Should I just smack him down?

Yeah, get that item from him now, maybe use it as an opportunity to do Mephistopheles quest.

oracrest

Relaxed Muscle said:
This game is haaaard.

1-2 boss is perpetually raping my ass,I'm a knight level soul 14.Any advice? also if you have other advises for begginers...

Run past and take out the archers first. Then, get in close to engage the knights close combat attacks. Run away from his shield attacks, then run in and attack a fewnhits before falling back again.

Did you get the cling ring already?

Relaxed Muscle said:
This game is haaaard.

1-2 boss is perpetually raping my ass,I'm a knight level soul 14.Any advice? also if you have other advises for begginers...

I'm not that experienced either, but I was able to beat him by always staying behind him and out of range. Once he takes a knee to attack, I would step forward and chop him up on the ankles. If he turns too quickly and you can't get behind him, try running right between his legs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Woo! Second platinum was much quicker than first one (let alone US region of the game, which I despise because of the community).

I love this game~

w3MZE.jpg

iLeA2.jpg

This one took me 4 playthroughs and 65 hours on my Slvl 165 royal.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
is it possible to kill te dragon in the first world? the one that is chilling outside

gdt

Relaxed Muscle said:
This game is haaaard.

You can cheese him.

Kill all the archers, take position at the top top of the landing over the other side of where you entered (it's easy to dodge his lance from there, just take a step or two back), and use Soul Arrow whenever he's just about to attack (he lowers his shield).

Easy.

gdt

dgenx said:
is it possible to kill te dragon in the first world? the one that is chilling outside

Yep. You're probably not strong enough yet though.

Wait till you get Poison Cloud, and you'll take him down no problem. Or you can arrow him to death.

Just beat 1-3.
I let Biorr do most of the work at the boss and just sniped him with a crossbow
. The Fat Officials are fun to fight, but the red-eyed knights are just annoying, especially in groups.

gdt5016 said:
You can cheese him.

Kill all the archers, take position at the top top of the landing over the other side of where you entered (it's easy to dodge his lance from there, just take a step or two back), and use Soul Arrow whenever he's just about to attack (he lowers his shield).

Easy.

Well thanks for the tip, but I beat it yesterday the hard way, after a few more tries I got the hang of the attack patterns and beat the motherfucker, was really satisfying.

Also, Soul Arrow? I don't have that....lol

Edit:Oh, I looked about it....I didn't talk the guy since before beating 1-1 that's why I thought it was a random NPC... lol

gdt

Relaxed Muscle said:
Well thanks for the tip, but I beat it yesterday the hard way, after a few more tries I got the hang of the attack patterns and beat the motherfucker, was really satisfying.

Also, Soul Arrow? I don't have that....lol

Edit:Oh, I looked about it....I didn't talk the guy since before beating 1-1 that's why I thought it was a random NPC... lol

Get Soul Arrow ASAP.

theta11

thorin said:
Question for those that have done a Blueblood sword build: What kinda damage does it do at 30+ luck?

20-30 Luck does good damage, more than 20 isn't necessary but theres absolutely no point to go past 30. :p

Broseybrose

gdt5016 said:
Get Soul Arrow ASAP.
Or a nice bow and arrow set if youre playing a melee and/or faith character. Ive put about 500 hours into this game since its release and IMO mages suck. Yeah its great to have soul arrow in the beginning, but this game is so much more fun with a melee/faith build.

http://i52.tinypic.com/10dgk1v.jpg[/IMG

Finally here :)

How are rapiers in this game?

vvv-- thanks was thinking of doing a magic + rapier character

gdt

Just beat the game!

42 hours, SL 97.

I made the mistake of speaking to the Maiden before going back to 1-1 and picking up the Demonbrandt dammit.

Oh well, I think I'll do a NG+ run right before Dark Souls comes out.

gogogow

Zoe said:
Huh, I always thought trophies were universal.
Not the case with Demon's Souls. It might be the same as with region coding, it's up to the developers to decide? There's at least 34 PS3/PSN games with multiple (2-3) trophy lists.

addyb

Hi all, long time lurker of these forums but never bothered to post before so 1st post! Lol

Just have to say this game is epic. I've been gaming for 30 years and it's one if the greatest games I've ever played! I'm not brilliant at the game by any means so the sense of achievement when you beat a level is unrivalled imo.

I have a knight class and so far done 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 3-1, 4-1 and I'm currently getting raped on 5-1 (valley of defilement)is this level absolutely solid or is it just me? Im tearing my hair out with it at the moment but I'm sure I will crack it soon enough. I keep progressing a bit further each time so I'm happy with that!

gdt

Biggest tip I can give to anyone is to make sure you're able to roll and dogde properly.

5-1 is pretty easy, just take it nice and slow. Easy boss too.

Top Bottom