• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

patsu

TuxBobble said:
Ugh. So I didn't realize there was a part after Maneater. I missed the staircase the first time through (it was late and I just didn't notice it.) and this time around, I keep climbing the stairs and
the SAME jerk keeps black phantoming his way into my game as the boss...and he's got ridiculous equipment whereas I have garbage. The regular boss I could beat (AI) but people who are specced out for the sole purpose of kicking 3-3 ass? I've got no chance. I literally dealt so little damage he recovered it in 1-2 seconds...

Now I'm waving at him through the fog because I've got nothing better to do...

Summon 2 Blue Phantoms to help.

gdt

Kilgore Trout said:
It's one of the items the two dragons are guarding in 1-1 off on the cliff.

I tried picking that stuff up, how can I get to it? The red dragon won't move from his perch anymore...

Edit: Still using my standard Fluted Armor set, any suggestions to replace it? Maybe something lighter? Or better with same-ish weight?

Zzoram

gdt5016 said:
I tried picking that stuff up, how can I get to it? The red dragon won't move from his perch anymore...

Edit: Still using my standard Fluted Armor set, any suggestions to replace it? Maybe something lighter? Or better with same-ish weight?

i never use metal armor, makes your stamina regenerate slower and i can't roll with it

TuxBobble

patsu said:
Summon 2 Blue Phantoms to help.

I would have if they were available. But there were no soul symbols around for that.

Eventually I got the notification that the guy left, so I was able to go in the fog and destroy the AI

Instro

gdt5016 said:

I think the only way to get that stuff is to kill the Red Dragon, at least thats how I did it anyway. You'll need like 150 arrows and a decent bow, you can shoot at him from the first tower in 1-2 as he breathes fire along the walkway.

gdt

Zzoram said:
i never use metal armor, makes your stamina regenerate slower and i can't roll with it

Yeah, I wanna try a different armor build, but I don't really know what to use.

Zzoram

gdt5016 said:

armor choice is like the least important thing you have to worry about

you can even play naked, you're not supposed to get hit anyways

some builds put 0 points into vitality and wear no armor since they'll die in 1-hit regardless

gdt

greyshark said:
You can kill the red dragon in 1-2 with a bow and arrow.

Bah. I don't even have enough skill for the White Bow I picked up. I guess I'll try it out with the Compound Bow.

gdt5016 said:
Bah. I don't even have enough skill for the White Bow I picked up. I guess I'll try it out with the Compound Bow.

Alternatively, get PWWT and both dragons go away. Or, you can use poison cloud on the dragon during 1-2.

oracrest

gdt5016 said:
How can I get PWWT?

You can typically reach pure white pretty easily by defeating a few bosses. Just don't go into the level with your body form, kill yourself in the nexus to make sure you don't die in the level that way. Also, play offline when doing this, the server will work against you.

If your out of bosses, kill the red dragon. Not too hard, just time consuming. I personally would greatly overdue the amount of arrows you bring, just to be safe.

gdt

Lot of progress just now.

First, killed The Red Dragon. Poison Cloud'd him hard, went down easy.

Got all of that equipment in the dragon's perch, notalbly the Ring of Great Strength, will allows me to dodge, roll, and regain stamina quickly even with my Fluted Armor on...yeah!

I guess I just consume his soul? Can't do anything with it.

And totally beat 5-2. Use the Eroded Demon's Soul for Acid Cloud? Doesn't seem all that useful...

And, should I obtain Second Chance from the Hero Demon's Soul?

gdt

Eh, might just have to consume The Corroded Demon's Soul. Acid Cloud is useless to me. Plus, it's kinda overly malicious :lol.

gdt

Just tried to enter 1-3, but I couldn't until I have slayed an Archdemon...wtf is that?

Edit: Ahh, okay, looked it up.

Dyno

gdt5016 said:

With a Vitality of 20 most people could wear a heavy helmet and light clothing. They can wear/wield a total of 24.5 lbs while still being able to fast roll. The black (assassin's) outfit has poison & disease resistance and is thus ideal for all of World 5. The wizard's outfit and the priest's outfit are more magic resistant and are idea for Worlds 3 and 4. There are a couple sets of clothing with better than average fire protection and these should be worn in Worlds 1 and 2.

For helms I wear Gloom, Dark Steel, and Brushwood. Once you have found the Ancient Kings armour you should look at swapping out one or more of your current outfit. It's lightweight with good defences.

And, should I obtain Second Chance from the Hero Demon's Soul?

In my melee faith build it is the best spell in the game.

I have been playing this game for 15 hours and I still have only beaten the 1-1 boss. Tower knight keeps destroying me, I got extremely close to beating him then he enraged and killed me. I may start over as a royal because as a temple knight I can't roll very quickly and even though I have brushwood armor and stuff I still get raped. I also went through 3-1 and almost got to the boss but died on some round thing that killed me (not really sure what it was it just killed me very quickly).

This game is genius. Absolutely the best game I have played since the N64.

Question though, I can't get half moon grass to appear in my D-pad down inventory, I keep having to go into the menu to heal with it. Anyone know how to put it back in there?

Instro

mooglesoft said:
I have been playing this game for 15 hours and I still have only beaten the 1-1 boss. Tower knight keeps destroying me, I got extremely close to beating him then he enraged and killed me. I may start over as a royal because as a temple knight I can't roll very quickly and even though I have brushwood armor and stuff I still get raped. I also went through 3-1 and almost got to the boss but died on some round thing that killed me (not really sure what it was it just killed me very quickly).

Question though, I can't get half moon grass to appear in my D-pad down inventory, I keep having to go into the menu to heal with it. Anyone know how to put it back in there?

You might be better off just un equiping your large armor to beat the Tower Knight, dodging his attacks and getting to his feet is pretty difficult other wise. As for that thing in 3-1, its best to avoid it or kill it from afar, its melee attacks are pretty dangerous and you dont get that many souls for killing it anyway.

Also for your d-pad inventory, you need to equip the item. Theres five slots on the right side of your equipment menu for items.

oracrest

mooglesoft said:

Yeah, try taking off your armor, and get a feel for the play style of the faster character. That quick roll will help you dodge some of the knights spear attacks with good timing. Brushwood is incredibly heavy to be using with an early level of endurance.

That round thing on the floor were the paralyzing glyphs she puts on the ground. She will set down 5, and they glow at first, but fade away. You have to make something of a quick mental map of areas to avoid when they are glowing. She probably hit you with a spell while you were paralyzed.

gdt

I'm just feeling so empowered in this game now.

Now that I can dodge, the Red Eye Knights in 1-3 a more or less easy peasy.

Though, I got killed my a Black Phantom with a huuuge sword, but he never showed up again afterwards, was he a one time thing?

Didn't tackle the boss though, don't have time. Plus I gotta free Biorr and Yuria.

oracrest said:
That round thing on the floor were the paralyzing glyphs she puts on the ground. She will set down 5, and they glow at first, but fade away. You have to make something of a quick mental map of areas to avoid when they are glowing. She probably hit you with a spell while you were paralyzed.

It wasn't on the floor it was some weird bizarre round floating thing before the boss that killed me extremely quickly.

Going to try it again today. Is there any good armor that I could get that I can move more quickly in? I do have the endurance to wield the shield and I'm using the Crescent Falchion since it seems to be better than any other weapon I have right now.

Xint

Damn, this game is hard. So I got to the Tower Knight guy, bit while trying to learn to dodge his stuff I used up all my herbs. So now I start at the beginning with zero souls and zero herbs and I'm supposed to beat him like that? :(

kinggroin

Banned
I give up. can't beat the final boss...he's just too fast and too strong. Im a knight with dark armour and the tower knight sheild (the gigantic sheild) using a level 5 dragon sword. I get about 5 hits before he attacks and kills me in a couple hits. Id rather not have to resort to summoning blue souls....want this guy dead by my hands alone.

oracrest

Today's even my birthday :)

IMG_0646.jpg

theta11

kinggroin said:
I give up. can't beat the final boss...he's just too fast and too strong. Im a knight with dark armour and the tower knight sheild (the gigantic sheild) using a level 5 dragon sword. I get about 5 hits before he attacks and kills me in a couple hits. Id rather not have to resort to summoning blue souls....want this guy dead by my hands alone.

To beat him you need to dodge, you cant dodge with all that heavy stuff on, even with blue phantoms I don't see you getting away from the aoe fast enough.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
kinggroin said:
MY GOD! Why are you using all that heavy equipment??? Like Theta11 said, you need to use something that would allow you dodge and/or run away when he's doing the earth quake move or the move where he just runs (more like glides) towards you and slashes you a few time with his sword, you can't avoid these two attacks with those equipment on!

Having beaten all of World 5 today I feel a lot less frustrated with NG+. It's easy getting used to running through without much difficulty, so I had to buckle down and play cautiously.
Only World 3 is left, but with the exception of 3-3, I hate the bosses in it.

bigboss370 said:
the servers for the online of this game are going down soon right? :(
Service was extended until later this year.

gdt

Pff 3-3.

What's the best choice for my Yellow Demon's Soul? Soul Thirst seems only suitable for soul farming, don't really think I'll be doing much of that...

gdt

Took quite some time to kill Garl Vinland, but I got him.

Any advice on what to do with The Pureblood Demon's Soul?

minx

Started the game as a temple knight. I find myself not using my heal miracle at all. I'm 9 hours in at soul level 19. Have only beaten the first boss. 2-1 spider boss gave me too much trouble. My stats are 16,8,16,,18,12,6,14,7 in the order listed. I'm finding myself liking the winged spear over halberd. Right now the winged spear is +2. Should I stick with that or go with a bug weapon that uses my strength? I also read about a crescent weapon in 4-1? Also, I need a ranged weapon, where can I find a good one and what stats do I improve to be good with a bow?

patsu

ACE 1991 said:
god damn I simply can't seem to kill maneater, he's giving me such fucking trouble.

Try to get the Warding spell first. For offense, I think they are weak against fire magic. Cutting off their tail will also weaken them.

minx88 said:
Started the game as a temple knight. I find myself not using my heal miracle at all. I'm 9 hours in at soul level 19. Have only beaten the first boss. 2-1 spider boss gave me too much trouble. My stats are 16,8,16,,18,12,6,14,7 in the order listed. I'm finding myself liking the winged spear over halberd. Right now the winged spear is +2. Should I stick with that or go with a bug weapon that uses my strength? I also read about a crescent weapon in 4-1? Also, I need a ranged weapon, where can I find a good one and what stats do I improve to be good with a bow?
Temple Knight are the best for melee, so you gotta decide if you want to go dex or str. Bows scales with dex. 4-1 has a compound long bow right next to a skeleton archer and it's also where you get the crescent falchion +1. If you go str, I would recommend a compound long bow +10 instead of a sticky compound long bow +5.
My sl 119 strength build:
50 vit
18 int
40 end
50 str
12 dex
6 mag
16 faith
7 luck
or go sl 125 dex build:
50 vit
18 int
40 end
18 str
50 dex
6 mag
16 faith
7 luck
Both are good. Dex does more damage with bows, but strength gets 50% more str when their weapon is two handed. Do you prefer to dual wield or use a two handed weapon?

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
gdt5016 said:

get the pureblood sword, if you have 35 endurance (or dex. i forgot) ,luck stats it becomes one ,if not the, best one hand sword out there. it has a combo that stuns all human like enemies - and you can enchance is with spells etc.

edit:
so i was playing this game for weeks (offline) to play around with world tendencies...got nearly all trophies... ps3 died. and since i was offline i have to do all of it again. :(
bye bye savegame and trophies.
the only game that ever got me to replay it after i lost everything. love DS

minx88 said:

Checkout Ikar's faith build on demon wiki.

theta11

gdt5016 said:

Death Cloud, only get the other items if you are trophy hunting.

Blueblood Sword requires a specific build to use properly. And the Faith spell is garbage, tell your friends to bring grass instead.

oracrest

bigboss370 said:
any specific date? last i heard it was march, and thats coming up :(

It's a safe bet to say that servers will be online until Dark Souls comes out, and maybe longer if Demon's souls gets a bit of resurgence then.

gdt

Damn, 1-4 is pretty tough.

And I keep getting invaded dammit.

Any tips fr Soul Farming? I'm at SL 73 and I want to be at 80ish to tackle 1-4/end game.

Also, what the easiest way to get a Pure Darkmoonstone? Need it to upgrade my Crescent Falcon.

thorin

gdt5016 said:
Also, what the easiest way to get a Pure Darkmoonstone? Need it to upgrade my Crescent Falcon.
There's two crystal geckos at 4-4 that can drop pure darkmoonstone. They're close to each other so you might want to use cloak + ranged attacks to not scare any away.

gdt

thorin said:
There's two crystal geckos at 4-4 that can drop pure darkmoonstone. They're close to each other so you might want to use cloak + ranged attacks to not scare any away.

I was able to kill one, but the other (in the grass) won't spawn anymore :/.

Top Bottom