• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denis Dyack in 1up yours. NeoGAF is "hurting society," justifies having it shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCfiner

Wow, So, Dennis just found out about John Gabriel's Greater Internet Fuckwad Theory.

THIS IS NOT NEW!!!

It really sounds more and more like he's just butt hurt about insults and is shrouding it in all this techno babble.

edit: holy friggin shit. now he brings up "star wars kid" and how people made fun of him.

Dennis has such thin skin.

The whole privacy issue was brought up and that message Dyack read was actually made not to long ago. There was a situation where a forum member talked about a female only to have posters track him down based on a photo. So at the time of Jeff Bell doing his thing, that policy wasn't in check. It would be like me saying Too Human is an UE3 game, but ignoring the timeframe and believing what was said at one point in time as truth.

Diablos

xbhaskarx said:
Denis really said that?
It's over.
He completely called the mods out on exposing Jeff Bell, even though:

-He used his typical username that could easily be traced to confirm that it was indeed him (his own dumb fault if he had intentions to insult someone's purpose in life).
-He insulted a GAF member (A Master Ninja) via PM.
-Had he not insulted him, no one would have really remembered the post made by A Master Ninja in the long run, and it wouldn't have been mentioned on various blogs and websites, which in turn wouldn't have hurt Bell's credibility. But he did insult him, so everyone got to see him beat up on a harmless user that happens to not like him. When you have a job like Jeff Bell's, not everyone is going to agree with you, as they even say to Dyack in the podcast. Man up and take the heat. That's part of the reason why you are making a lot of money.

Jeff Bell exposed himself when he used an all too obvious username to personally insult someone via PM on a message board. Had he used some other username, he would have likely been written off as some angry MS fanboy.

Diablos

I'm not necessarily pointing it out to anyone in general, just emphasizing that this was not an invasion of privacy, but an act of stupidity on Bell's behalf, if anything :p

It's like robbing a bank with your nametag on!

Mamesj

Banned
SailorDaravon said:
I just finished listening to the 1up Yours segment, and there just are no words. This is apparently the most Serious Business that has ever occurred to Denis. I can almost respect and understand what he's getting it, but I think someone in the other thread said it best, that this is like someone writing their master thesis about their trip to Starbucks that morning. It's just so bizarre how he can talk and think about stuff like this, but then he still comes back here to try to defend his game, make the for/against thread, etc. You would think that he would realize that it would be best to just get his game out, and let people judge it for themselves, and you'd only be seeing a tenth of what's occurring now. If the people who had made Lair and Haze were posting here before their games came out just like he is and was, there would have been the exact same blowback. You're being singled out like this as a direct response to what you're doing and continuing to do Denis, don't try to pull this high and mighty act.

Yeah, this latest thing is really sad. "For or Against" was a little weird, but turning around and saying "haha! It was a social experiment!" and going on a bizarre rant about how neogaf is in decline and all that...he's obviously got some serious issues. He can't see we're just a very large group of vocal, anal, nitpicky nerds. If you poke the hive, it starts buzzing. Maybe its important to him that hardcore gamers like his game, but still, he shouldn't be invested in neogaf's opinion at all. :lol

This will only get worse when the game launches, then again on NPD day in September (or maybe the game will sell, who knows...)

HIT THE BREAKS HERE. Did that really just happen? You go on about privacy issues and the Jeff Bell fiasco only to go into the next segment where you talk about tracking down a forum poster and finding out where he lives? what.

Future

DDyack: Silicon Knights has won many E3 awards in the past for Legacy of Kain and Eternal Darkness. However, our latest E3 was notably our worst and for us, it was a good indicator that the show had lost most of its value. I say this because I felt E3 had become less about the games and more about the show publishers put on during the expo.

:lol Calls out E3 for being worthless when their showing was piss poor. And now calls out neogaf because of less than spectacular media being shown to the presses.

Give it up. Neogaf is a god send since we dont get paid to sweet talk crappy games. This guy has been talkin shit for years, and nothing is ever backed up with quality. Recent vids have maintained the crappiness shown that E3, with crappy animation, crappy cut scene direction, and less than inspired gameplay.

Can't wait till this game comes out and gets mediocre reviews all around...then he will be calling out 1up and all game media for hurting the industry as well.

skybaby

This feels like preemptive damage control, because once this games bomb, he's gonna have us to blame for it, because we said it stunk ever since that early e3 footage. IT'S ALL ABOUT ACCOUNTABILITY GUYS. OUR, NOT HIS!

Mamesj

Banned
Future said:
:lol Calls out E3 for being worthless when their showing was piss poor. And now calls out neogaf because of less than spectacular media being shown to the presses.

Give it up. Neogaf is a god send since we dont get paid to sweet talk crappy games. This guy has been talkin shit for years, and nothing is ever backed up with quality. Recent vids have maintained the crappiness shown that E3, with crappy animation, crappy cut scene direction, and less than inspired gameplay.

Can't wait till this game comes out and gets mediocre reviews all around...then he will be calling out 1up and all game media for hurting the industry as well.

hey, Twin Snakes was a pretty good port of someone else's awesome game.

Fireblend

Banned
4455normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

Duderz

Banned
I couldn't make it past the first ten minutes of Dyack discussing all of these issues.

As much as I can't help but laugh at it all, I really do feel for the people working on this game who aren't making absurd remarks, and just want to get the game out. Dyack is sabotaging this game more than anyone, I think, and this all has been a very long time coming.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Soo... much.... rambling....

Edit: Kudos to Garnett for providing some sense and counterpoints.

LCfiner

sigh... Dennis doesn't even pay attention to the "conditions" of his own post. he says that a metacritic of 90 would determine if Too Human was terrible.

totally incorrect. the 90 metacritic was chosen as Dennis said this was his BEST game and should be able to garner high scores.

And he implies that the the tags would have actually been given out to posters, when the mods said they never were gonna bother with the crap.

Dennis is so crazy.

and, yeah, props to Garnett for giving some counterpoints to Dennis.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
The only thing funnier than the awful writing in Dyack's crummy games is his pseudo-intellectual crackpot rambling when he has an Issue.

Speevy

Banned
Since neogaf is such serious business, can we preemptively prohibit the creation of all threads related to Too Human or Dyack?

Maybe we'd be less damaging to society if undesirable topics such as this were taboo.

The entire point of below 90% on Gamerankings isn't because below 90% is bad, it is because you claim Too Human is your best game. Do you know which game got 90%? Eternal Darkness. That is the benchmark here.

Also, when confronted with something someone finds childish, it is best to be the adult and ignore it while rising above, not sinking down to that level. Instead of saying "Oh, review scores and tags are so stupid and meaningless, but I will do this bet anyway to give them a taste of their own medicine", you should have ignored it and never bothered with it. You basically admit to yourself that you too are the childish/stupid one if you sink to that level.

I'm stunned the guy is a loony tune, to me it sounds like he intends to sue had presumably when his game bombs, he's clearly mad enougth to try.

Reilly

If GAF had influence in the industry, all would be right in the video game world.

Fuck, I bet 90% of God Hand's total sales were people people recommending it here.

The reason Too Human is getting ragged on is because it looks like shit and has been hyped up our asses for decades.

Calcaneus

This segment on the podcast better be damn entertaining. Now I'm hyped.

I understand how pathetic it sounds to be hyped for a podcast segment.

B-Ri

I think hes scared.

He jumped into bed with microsoft, which doesnt always end well

He approved and went full force on a decade over-ambitious project

He sued a major software company for lack of apparent support

He feels all reasons have compounded to mediocre Too Human, which could potentially be the end of the company I assume he built from the ground up.

Denis, shut up. All the fighting in the world isnt going to fix the curse that has been looming on this project. Count your blessings and hope Kojima Productions wants you to port MGS:portable Ops Plus to PSN.

Reilly

If GAF had influence in the industry, all would be right in the video game world.

Fuck, I bet 90% of God Hand's total sales were people people recommending it here.

The reason Too Human is getting ragged on is because it looks like shit and has been hyped up our asses for decades.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Goodness gracious. I'm searching my .gif collection and... I got nothing. All that's coming up is Dylan.

o9ljqe.gif

I mean...damn man, you couldn't even come up with proper conditions for your own bet Denis!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
ApopkaATM said:
He makes me feel so important posting on a message board! I can change the world!:lol

I'm telling you guys, the Iraq war joke went too far. Look what happened

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
mr_bishiuk said:
I'm stunned the guy is a loony tune, to me it sounds like he intends to sue had presumably when his game bombs, he's clearly mad enougth to try.
Of course he should sue - everyone is obviously out to get him.

mrpogi23

does he meant shut down the whole "internet"?
because if he doesnt know, anybody can post and has the freedom to what he said from anywhere... not just this forum. there's so many other forums post gifs of people i cant even count how many.

This thread kinda validates what Dyack was saying.. trying to get through all the pages here is like reading 'the best of Gamefaqs'. Man has this site gone downhill.

G-Fex

So basically he's saying in the podcast right now that he wanted to change the way people see forums by posting here about his game? The man sounds like he's all over the place.

KdoubleA

DjangoReinhardt said:
The only thing funnier than the awful writing in Dyack's crummy games is his pseudo-intellectual crackpot rambling when he has an Issue.

Tell me about it...I'm listening to the podcast and I swear that I'm shaking my head every 2 seconds!!!

nestea

GauntletFan said:
This thread kinda validates what Dyack was saying.. trying to get through all the pages here is like reading 'the best of Gamefaqs'. Man has this site gone downhill.

Unless you explain yourself, you are pretty much describing yourself right there.

Yaweee said:
Did people ever listen to gaming forums? I don't understand his point, at all.
Sure they do I've seen countless people state they aren't going to purchase a game because of something random they have read on GAF. People are heavily influenced by things they read on forums and the internet even though I seriously doubt this is destroying the gaming community or America :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom