• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Denis Dyack in 1up yours. NeoGAF is "hurting society," justifies having it shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unison

Did he just admit to "looking up" where kittowny lives after he attacked GAF mods for exposing Jeff Bell!??!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
wow, i'm back from my self imposed ban-exile, and Denis Dyack is whining about something else, this time GAF. i would say something snarky for fun, but i just came back from the awesome that is Wanted, and i feel no need, so i'll just laugh at Dyack's absurdity.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

and for the record, i never cared for Too Human in the first place as it doesn't interest me, and therefore never bothered to talk shit about it. i just don't care about it enough, but for those that do and have criticized it, Dyack whining about it will only make it worse. it's like he ENJOYS shooting himself in the foot...

DCharlie said:
so Eternal Darkness is a great game then? Better than Uncharted?

That sounds like a very conveniently reliable benchmark for a game that's not too popular on GAF

also ALL reviewers got elevated post-event from useless schmucks to heroes who all nailed the ED review?

the 90% bet was a joke, i doubt even Evil was serious about it as it was so obviously a trap.

I don't understand why Uncharted is in this (although I did use it as an example in another post), but not talking about the quality of Eternal Darkness (which I actually just bought for $2 yesterdsay) it is still the highest rated game of theirs. Dyack claims Too Human is the best game. So, lower score of arbitrary numbers than the arbitrary numbers given to Eternal Darkness will somehow void that statement. I don't know.

This is really a creative meltdown of Cerebus proportions.

m9qdrp.jpg

The four people who get this reference will understand what I'm saying.

TDG

Banned
Now, I know this will likely be lost in the hate, but did Dyack say that Too Human will be on this week's 1UP show?

Congratulations, Mr. Dyack. GAF is made up of people from various walks of life, with various tastes and interests and desires, we often fight amongst ourselves over what games we like and what systems we support, but you Mr. Dyack, have found the one thing that will cause all of GAF to turn aside from this in-fighting: threatening GAF itself. I hope your game does well Mr. Dyack, but at least for this gamer, you've made it a game I will never purchase. I will NOT support a supposed industry professional who wastes time that could be spent working on or promoting their product sinking to the level of a base internet troll.

nib95

Banned
kINTTONWY, Did you actually give a shit about the ordeal where Dyack correcting you? Dyack said that you stopped posting for months. I was always under the impression you didn't even care.

Unison

Now dyack is complaining because previewers were influenced by his own GAF posting!?!?

This dude's logic is seriously flawed... I would happily go on 1up Yours next week and explain why. :lol

This guy is president, and founder, of Silicon Knights... and he's crying about internet forums.

Your company is on my banned list.

Won

Just finished it......

So....uh?

I mean....what?

There was absolutely no way for Dyack to spent all this time and energy on the game instead of....whatever that was?

Gazunta

BenjaminBirdie said:

Well done, man. Well done :) Except I naively never saw that one coming!

StuBurns

Banned
jaundicejuice said:
Denis Dyack needs to be banned from here for his own good.
No, I adore watching his mental stability decay over time.
I want to get to the point where he's just posting random crap, playing with the meme's, making his own GIF, speaking in the third person and mocking Too Human himself.

It's months away, at the most.

J-Rzez

MarkMacD said:
Hey guys! What's going on...in......

:slowly backs out of thread:

How does it feel to be the beginning of the fall of a man? :D

This guy though is off his rocker. This forum is filled with people that incredibly avid gamers, the people who help fuel the gaming economy. Their own hype probably fuels word of mouth sales as well, as I know I do this as well with more lite gamers who may miss out on great stuff because it's not hyped properly. And DD probably knows this all too well, and is worried about this. Worst thing was, he helped bring this upon himself. Hyped his game to outlandish levels for something that's not named "Halo, Mario, or Metal Gear" and now he's seeing what happens when you raise people's expectations that high and show off stuff that's not to that level. God forbid this game plays horrid or hits 8's or worse, the backlash is going to be incredible.

Teknopathetic said:
I'm betting Epic's lawyers are overjoyed reading/hearing this stuff.

sheeeeit, they're probably PM'ing you right now to see if you're interested in securing their services for legal representation.

Denis has gotten so much shit wrong. First, Denis, Jeff Bell posted under the name Bell801. He used his last fucking name. Second, EviLore's privacy mandate happened almost a year after the Bell incident. And you go on about privacy and then look up Kittonwy's address? What the fuck?

Denis, you really need to shut the fuck up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
there are pictures of mark macdonald at the store, at work, in the subway, and at the airport stapled all over denis' walls

nib95

Banned
heliosRAzi said:
Denis has gotten so much shit wrong. First, Denis, Jeff Bell posted under the name Bell801. He used his last fucking name. Second, EviLore's privacy mandate happened almost a year after the Bell incident. And you go on about privacy and then look up Kittonwy's address? What the fuck?

Denis, you really need to shut the fuck up.

This! :lol

Kittonwy

Banned
nib95 said:
kINTTONWY, Did you actually give a shit about the ordeal where Dyack correcting you? Dyack said that you stopped posting for months. I was always under the impression you didn't even care.
KlintIndifference.gif

Rorschach

You know an impending forum meltdown is gonna be huge when it starts seeping out of the forum. Dyack isn't banned yet, right?

I can't wait 'till he comes in here threatening the moderators' lives and goatses the gaming forum.

BenjaminBirdie said:

m9qdrp.jpg

Its not that bad man. Sim went into some bizarre territory, Denis is just coming off as an offended game designer whose been under tremendous pressure for several years now, and its all coming to a head now that the game is soon to be released.

And to be fair to Dave Sim, he had years and years of brilliant comics writing and art before he was convinced of a feminist/communist conspiracy. Denis has not creatively even sniffed the level of depth and sophistcation Sim had before losing it.

Sounds like this is a response to the latest Dyack bashing thread. If he really cares about randoms of thinks GAF actually keeps people from buying his game then indeed wow.

Mau ®

Maybe he should just stop coming here?

Seriously, everyone could see from a mile away that Too Human was going to be average at best. Instead of embarking on endless PR crusades maybe he should've actually listened to the criticism.

nib95

Banned
Kittonwy said:

Dude what does that mean? Publicly address it so you can clear it up for Dyack. Also, go to his game show thing and come back and post impressions on the game! :D

Basch

Sh*t! Its a TRAP!!!

We're falling right into his plan. He doesn't plan to bring down GAF. We'll do it ourselves. Everybody viewing and posting in this thread with like 5 posts a minute. Jesus. We'll kick ourselves offline pretty soon. Hey, look. I'm contributing. :D So we should really stop this, and Denis needs to quit being a dick.

ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!! ITS A TRAP!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom