• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

Acrylic7

To use Captain America mode, you press LB+RB and release right away, to activate Dome you hold LB+RB for more than ~1 second. There isn't much difference, so if you mean to press and you end up pressing too long you'll accidentally activate Dome Mode.

I wish this shit was bound to the d-pad or something.

I've given up on getting the helmet tonight though i'm satisfied with the IB pulse and legs I got today. It's a pain though... Bungie has to do something about matching clans. It's not fun getting 2 tokens per loss. Also, the TIME OUTS on every IB match are obnoxious. You are at 73=74 and then time out fucks you over. What a stupid thing... add more time FFS.

Mindlog

@Raid Team that got to Calus. I can possibly help later today and will probably be able to mic then. Will depend on circumstances completely beyond my control.

JB1981

Anyone down for some Trials at some point Sunday EST or need one extra player? I haven't had a chance to give it a go yet.

PSN: Beamber
East coast NA

Also question about the Iron Banner rep bundle. I'm at 40% at the moment. Do I just keep turning in tokens and I'll get there eventually?

Getting steamrolled in Iron Banner for 30 minutes and only getting 6 tokens out of it really feels like shit.

i dont think enough people understand this shit right here. fuck the morale crush. fuck the k/d. its my time wasting that im most upset at. at least put IB drops in the post match loot pool. how many Does Not Compute's do you think i need Bungie?? HOW MANY?!?

Anyone down for some Trials at some point Sunday EST or need one extra player? I haven't had a chance to give it a go yet.

PSN: Beamber
East coast NA

Also question about the Iron Banner rep bundle. I'm at 40% at the moment. Do I just keep turning in tokens and I'll get there eventually?

I can run some trials like 7:30 PM EST if you're down for it.

God I hate the subreddit right now

I hate it most days but I especially hate it right now
I assume you're talking about them nitpicking everything Luke Smith said in that interview? People are being really crazy right now.

Thanks GAF crew for my first raid, you guys rocked. Looking forward to doing it again, hell might even try and do it tomorrow on another guardian.

Congrats!

Destiny_2_20171015125836.jpg

Destiny_2_20171015170515.jpg

Balphon

Been trying to get this last double kill for an hour now.

The worst part is that I did literally all my other challenge progress in one match.

exYle

I can run some trials like 7:30 PM EST if you're down for it.

I assume you're talking about them nitpicking everything Luke Smith said in that interview? People are being really crazy right now.

It's been steadily getting worse ever since the friendgame bullshit

Badgerst3

It was exceptionally smooth till Calus, Baths/Dogs took us a couple tries but we dropped Gauntlet w/o issue.

Even then it was just a learning curve, DestinyGAF ftw.

Still in awe of the people who know the underbelly like the back of their hand :p

Agreed. It had been 4 hours, late into the night. Got close. Props to Pandora for the patient sherpaing.

20 IB packages and still missing helmet and pants for my hunter. I cant do this without some pants man.

Been trying to get this last double kill for an hour now.

The worst part is that I did literally all my other challenge progress in one match.

Are you a Hunter? I wait for a group or sneak my way close and grenade + sword them. Also, fuck hunters.

Hugstable

Banned
Wooo can't wait to do my first Destiny 2 Raid in a little over 9 hours!! (technically it's really my first overall raid, I did get brought in at the end of a Crota fight once, but I had no clue what I was doing lol)

Toe-Knee

Finished the raid last night. The calus fight is glitched to holy hell but we got it in the end.

If any of the people that
got sent out weren't bang on the centre of the barricade just before coming back they got sucked off sideways.

_Legacy_

Took another spin on the Iron Banner lottery today, 5 engrams turned in:

Wizened Rebuke x 2
The Guiding Sight x 2
Helmet x 1

I've had 5 helmets over the course of 2 days. Still no boots or gauntlets. I wouldn't even mind the weapons but bar the fusion and auto, they are no good in pvp.

I really hope I can complete the armor before reset.

Arnie

Absolutely loving scout rifles in the crucible. Which makes me even more desperate to get MIDA.

About 230 now. Will wait until 250 to have another crack at the world quest.

Also excited to do my first raid. Leviathan looks excellent.

Toe-Knee

Absolutely loving scout rifles in the crucible. Which makes me even more desperate to get MIDA.

If you are a hunter getting the mida + the helmet that marks enemies makes you near unstoppable in the crucible especially if you have high mobility and resilience.

Detective

No, wait until you are 265 or above. Preferably above.
Do the other exotic quest in the mean time to lvl up.

Toe-Knee

What's the helmet you're talking about ? :eek:

It's called Foetracer.

It makes people that come into view and if you aim at them it persists for a few seconds so you can see when they are coming back out of cover.

You also do more damage to enemies that are marked if they have low health. Not 100% sure if this perk is active in the crucible though.

Toe-Knee

Also keep all legendary scout rifles you get. You need 5 or 6 r one part of the quest.

It took me ages to get them as drops

It's called Foetracer.

It makes people that come into view and if you aim at them it persists for a few seconds so you can see when they are coming back out of cover.

You also do more damage to enemies that are marked if they have low health. Not 100% sure if this perk is active in the crucible though.

Alright thanks!

sephi22

23 Packages.
0 Auto rifles.
0 Head pieces.

This is getting to me now. 1 more day to farm challenges. Didn't think Iron Banner would be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Zereta

Cannot be overstated how unrewarding Iron Banner feels. Turned in 37 tokens and got just one package. Thats not good, Bungie.

Yam's

Iron banner was working fine in D1, I have no idea why they thought introducing a token only reward system would be a good idea. I cannot even get the gear I want on my main, I cannot imagine trying to get gear for all 3 characters.

What’s the fastest way of making a 2nd character. Really don’t want to play campaign again

You don't have any choice as the Tower will unlock after the last campaign mission. You can however focus on campaign missions only and grab quick xp through Public Events (ideally heroics ones).

bigJP

Iron banner was working fine in D1, I have no idea why they thought introducing a token only reward system would be a good idea. I cannot even get the gear I want on my main, I cannot imagine trying to get gear for all 3 characters.

You don't have any choice as the Tower will unlock after the last campaign mission. You can however focus on campaign missions only and grab quick xp through Public Events (ideally heroics ones).
Easy to run through it?

border

Cannot be overstated how unrewarding Iron Banner feels. Turned in 37 tokens and got just one package. Thats not good, Bungie.

You get a package for every 20 tokens, if you turn them in as stacks of 10. You're like 3 tokens away from a second package.

I only play IB until I hit the daily challenge with each character. Just getting the challenges plus the bonus nets you like 21 tokens (plus whoever many you get from winning and losing).

Zereta

You get a package for every 20 tokens, if you turn them in as stacks of 10. You're like 3 tokens away from a second package.

I only play IB until I hit the daily challenge with each character. Just getting the challenges plus the bonus nets you like 21 tokens (plus whoever many you get from winning and losing).

I think my larger point is that the time investment in IB specifically you'd need to get those 20 tokens should not equate to just one pull of the gacha machine loot game. I like the token system a lot, I don't think it should be the only way to get gear, across the board.

border

What's the fastest way of making a 2nd character. Really don't want to play campaign again

You can buy some Pop Tarts for a 25% XP boost.

If you blast through the campaign you'll occaionally hit a wall since you have to be Level 11 to do Io, and Level 15 to do the final series of missions. The XP boost should get you there faster, and public events are quick XP farms. I would try and do it on a Tuesday, when everyone is doing public events for their Flashpoint loot.

The campaign goes a lot faster than you remember, to be honest......especially if you just run past all optional combat encounters. There's only like 2-3 story missions on each planet, so things feel surprisingly swift.

J_Viper

So my brother's been playing a good deal of this, and he seems to be stuck on 265. He's been grinding Strikes, but so far he hasn't received anything that'll boost his Light level up.

Any ideas how to break past that plateau?

JHall

So my brother's been playing a good deal of this, and he seems to be stuck on 265. He's been grinding Strikes, but so far he hasn't received anything that'll boost his Light level up.

Grinding strikes is worthless. He needs to be playing public events and working on his milestones/exotic quests to level up.

Strider

- Powerful engrams from weekly milestones.
- Exotic Engrams (best done by grinding out heroic public events)
- Clan Engrams
- Complete the world quests that reward exotics

Going from 265 ---> 280 is the largest hiccup in the leveling process but those are the 4 best ways to do it. Playing strikes won't help.

Sanic

Just want to say thanks to everyone for guiding me through my first raid last night. All of you were great to play with! I was starting to think we weren’t going to finish off Calus before we all had to get off for the night, but we pulled through!

border

What’s the fastest way of making a 2nd character. Really don’t want to play campaign again

Also make sure you visit some of the planetary vendors before going on your final missions. If you aren't around 160-170 Power Level, the last boss in the game is going to be an extremely awful and tedious fight, since he has tons of various damage-immune phases and very short windows where he is vulnerable. I made the mistake of trying to kill him at 150 Power Level and it involved a whole lot of waiting since he can pretty much 2 shot you with certain attacks.

Under normal circumstances this shouldn't be a problem, but if you power-level through the campaign you may be under-geared.

Top Bottom