• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Rixa

Edit: Speak of great timing! :D You answered the exact question I had with your edit Rixa. Cheers. Gonna save the card for later then

Youre welcome :). Iam not sure if the level raise fixed or is there some variables with it. Anyways, always use Joker when your spirit (R preferably SR) is at max level. Thus in your case, use it when your sorcerer is at 20 lvl, dont use it earlier.

B.O.O.M

Youre welcome :). Iam not sure if the level raise fixed or is there some variables with it. Anyways, always use Joker when your spirit (R preferably SR) is at max level. Thus in your case, use it when your sorcerer is at 20 lvl, dont use it earlier.

Did you mean when my summon is at lowest level? Because if the summon is already max level, merging won't do it any good right?

RpgN

Average luck, 3 days in a row. Do you get any benefits when you are blessed?

Also the game is pretty addictive.

B.O.O.M

Average luck, 3 days in a row. Do you get any benefits when you are blessed?

Also the game is pretty addictive.

Honestly I don't feel that lucky today even with great luck as my forecast lol. Yesterday I had bad luck and summoned around 3 Rare summons. Today spent way way more crystals but not a single Rare summon.

I don't think I understand this system that much

Rixa

Did you mean when my summon is at lowest level? Because if the summon is already max level, merging won't do it any good right?

On that test summon I used Prince (which is UC). But Joker is SR and it is used to raise spirits levelmax.

Prince (UC) = Raises spirits levels
Queen (R) = Raises more spirits level than Prince (dunno how much)
Joker (SR) = Raises spirits levelmax

I think you can raise spirits levelmax by merging same spirit (which is at level 1) to max level spirit:

Common spirits levelmax can be raised one time.
Uncommon spirits two times.
Rare three times.
Super Rare four times.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm starting to think that luck means nothing.
Today i have blessing + water, i team up with a blessing + water friend with 90+ affinity and what did i get? An UC fire spirit?!?!??! What the hell?
I bought lots of spirits too and all i got were C and UC spirits.
We can get R and SR spirits using 300 crystals right?

I got a present from a friend, how to send present? And how to help friends in battle?

TheAznOne

Honestly I don't feel that lucky today even with great luck as my forecast lol. Yesterday I had bad luck and summoned around 3 Rare summons. Today spent way way more crystals but not a single Rare summon.

Its weird on how the system works yet after so many battles. 2 days I got Great Blessing and every battle I won, for item drops from spirits I gotten just Summon stones. Today, I have Average luck and they been dropping majority Spirit stones. So far out of 119 spirit summons, I got 1 SR, 2 R, 2:1 UC:C spirits.

TheAznOne

Today i have blessing + water, i team up with a blessing + water friend with 90+ affinity and what did i get? An UC fire spirit?!?!??! What the hell?

I got a present from a friend, how to send present? And how to help friends in battle?

Well me and this other person were average luck and both of us got a R water spirit. And yes you can pull either a SR or R from the 300 summons.

RpgN

Odd. I guess it's just a fancy way to add more spiritual themes in the game. It doesn't seem to affect the game all that much. Well, besides that miracle if you fuse with friends who have bad luck.

As for my progress, I still haven't freed one zone but the zone boss did appear. I've been busy killing raid bosses that keep popping up. The process would have been much slower and more tedious if it wasn't for the rental system. Playing entirely for free is starting to show some holes, I'm relying a lot on others to defeat the bosses. My monsters aren't bad, one is level 10 and some are 7, but they don't seem to compare to some of the stats of monsters I've seen.

I don't know if I should hold that against the game or not. At the end of the day, I am playing entirely for free...but it's going to get really ridiculous if you can't advance zones early on without having the best of the best by paying.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Luck seems to have little to do with the Stone Summons.

It seems to have a direct effect on the drops you get upon defeating enemies (Bad luck = All Blue souls, Great Blessing = All Silver Summon Stones, Betweens = a bit of both), and perhaps what is made out of Destiny Summons.

I like how each level of luck has it's own world map theme.

-------

Am I the only one that feels like Number of monsters is more meaningful than quality of monster? My lvl 20 Undine hits almost as hard as many of the SR summons I call as partners (sometimes harder?), and it's much easier to raise her with bonus stats due to being able to fuse her with duplicates.

Compare that to a SR, which you might only get a 2nd of once in a blue moon, causing him to level up slower. And it's much easier to get a clone of a UC or R for breaking level caps, than to get another for a SR.

I mean, they have great skills and abilities, but having 2 or 3 monsters of 2.0 in a fight rather than 1 monster of 5.0 doesn't seem like such a difference to where I feel like it makes the game more "pay to win".

Rixa

Compare that to a SR, which you might only get a 2nd of once in a blue moon, causing him to level up slower. And it's much easier to get a clone of a UC or R for breaking level caps, than to get another for a SR.

I mean, they have great skills and abilities, but having 2 or 3 monsters of 2.0 in a fight rather than 1 monster of 5.0 doesn't seem like such a difference to where I feel like it makes the game more "pay to win".

Problem with R / SR spirits is, how to get them, I need Water & Metal badly.

2014-03-29-132752.jpg

2014-03-29-132758.jpg

Also my Hunt seems to be broken:

2014-03-29-132921.jpg

2014-03-29-132938.jpg

It has not worked at all.

Edit: Logged in again and from destiny summon gift got my 7th Skuld :(.

TheAznOne

Problem with R / SR spirits is, how to get them, I need Water & Metal badly.

Edit: Logged in again and from destiny summon gift got my 7th Skuld :(.

Question, did you buy the Collection Size? If so, how much space did you get in return?

How do you gift spirits to friends? I got one from Rixa (thanks by the way!) and want to return the favor.

Edit-
Also, is it worth keeping common spirits who have a flat 400-500 damage ability?

KaidoRacer7

are 'Sea Bishop' glitched? I can't merge them with any monster or get rid of them by selling which gives me a server error. everything else works...

does anyone want this beast lol

I will take anything else for it

I'm having the same problem, but with Sasquatch. I cant merge, sell or put on trade, always getting connection error.

I think that is not to spirit related, but somekind related to sync. You have the spirit, but the server dont recognize it. Just guessing...

How do you gift spirits to friends? I got one from Rixa (thanks by the way!) and want to return the favor.

Edit-
Also, is it worth keeping common spirits who have a flat 400-500 damage ability?
That is probably from destiny summons each new day. Just choose the person as your summon partner.

I like using the flat damage spirits for clearing zones. They can eliminate enemies in one hit.

Rixa

Question, did you buy the Collection Size? If so, how much space did you get in return?

I bought 50 Destiny Orbs from store 3,45€ was price. Used all 50 DOrbs to get more slots. 2 Slots Ive got from conquering areas (one from each). I played beta and thought when the game comes Ill purchase few spirit slots to help my storage problem. It was good solution, money well spend.

Edit-

I logged online this morning, choose a person (trying to choose VitaGafers from games friendlist) and made a Destiny Summon (once per day). Yesterday I got Rare spirit with RalchAc.
^^ Todday Ive been online ~6h now and about 20 players has made Destiny Summoning with me, got only one rare from those. But hey free spirits :).

If you have free spirit slots, keep atleast one flat damager. I sometimes use them in battle but it is very situational.

As for my progress, I still haven't freed one zone but the zone boss did appear. I've been busy killing raid bosses that keep popping up. The process would have been much slower and more tedious if it wasn't for the rental system. Playing entirely for free is starting to show some holes, I'm relying a lot on others to defeat the bosses. My monsters aren't bad, one is level 10 and some are 7, but they don't seem to compare to some of the stats of monsters I've seen.

I don't know if I should hold that against the game or not. At the end of the day, I am playing entirely for free...but it's going to get really ridiculous if you can't advance zones early on without having the best of the best by paying.
You can easily clear zones and play the game without paying anything. You don't even need rare spirits to do it.

Kalamoj

I have Great Blessing for the first time, so far the only difference is that I got much more stones during normal fights (sometimes more than 800).

RpgN

You can easily clear zones and play the game without paying anything. You don't even need rare spirits to do it.

So you're saying it's the events that have tedious fights only? I'm mostly basing my thoughts on those and then thinking the game will get like that eventually too with regular boss fights.

Owzers

So you're saying it's the events that have tedious fights only? I'm mostly basing my thoughts on those and then thinking the game will get like that eventually too with regular boss fights.

i'm getting to the point where i might just feed everything to everything, i'm significantly underleveled in the areas i'm venturing to, even the "easier" levels that are closer to my starting point have enemies at lvl 14/15, the boss i died to that was a few squares away was level 31. All my creatures outside of 2 are under lvl 10, usually 5 or so, with two being 15 and 11. You can't really rely on one creature for long since they have to wait to regain health, since it's a free to play game that is based on being time consuming and not fun.

Hamster

RalchAC

I logged online this morning, choose a person (trying to choose VitaGafers from games friendlist) and made a Destiny Summon (once per day). Yesterday I got Rare spirit with RalchAc.
^^ Todday Ive been online ~6h now and about 20 players has made Destiny Summoning with me, got only one rare from those. But hey free spirits :).

If you have free spirit slots, keep atleast one flat damager. I sometimes use them in battle but it is very situational.

I had like 25 destiny summons yesterday. Are you liking the spirit? :)

I only have 21 spirit slots and managing my spirits is quite bad. I'm actually thinking into buying something, since the game is quite fun.

The blue orbs are really useless though. I have like 10.000 an I think it'll keep growing.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

I only have 21 spirit slots and managing my spirits is quite bad. I'm actually thinking into buying something, since the game is quite fun.

The blue orbs are really useless though. I have like 10.000 an I think it'll keep growing.

I have 50k, but you'll be glad you have them soon. I was losing overall on blue orbs today because of the necessity to summon friends for the Baptism event.

I am sure that eventually it will become more difficult, but you still don't need to pay anything. Just use the proper party makeup for what you are fighting and keep spare spirits around for when they are defeated. You can get hunt spirits and destiny spirits easily if you don't have any summoning stones. Fight lots of weak monsters when you have Great Blessing to stock up.

Owzers

how do hunt spirits work? I got one when i first started playing, but now it looks like there are none to be found anymore. Do i have to take my vita somewhere else, and do i need a wifi connection for the feature to work?

Rixa

If your hunt never worked you probably have to submit your ap/router.

Submit on:
http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/submit_ap.php

Just drag the marker around the area you're located at, enter the routers mac and the hunt feature should work afterwards(so should near).

Also i had water affinity yesterday, yet i didn't have a single good water spirit and today when i have earth affinity i get this:

Thank you, didnt know this (did it).

Yep. Was my 2nd, Ill use this as to level when first is levelmaxed. It is easier when you have more slots. Just think about how much gametime you get normally with 3,45€.

EGOMON

If your hunt never worked you probably have to submit your ap/router.

Submit on:
http://www.skyhookwireless.com/howitworks/submit_ap.php

Just drag the marker around the area you're located at, enter the routers mac and the hunt feature should work afterwards(so should near).

Also i had water affinity yesterday, yet i didn't have a single good water spirit and today when i have earth affinity i get this:

I fucking LOVE YOU man!
The hunt feature never worked for me since the beta days and i didn't bother asking or troubleshooting it because my PSN is US and i live in the Middle East so i thought it was causing some conflict and the game couldn't find me.
When i saw your above post i was skeptic but then i thought what the heck i'll try it and BOOM the game successfully found my location and my first ever hunt net me this spirit:
Thank you so much for posting this fix, now even the "near" app is working along with other GPS-based location apps on my VITA :)

I got a message saying a raid boss appeared. Where do I find it T.T

Select Baptism Of Light in the menu.

So i've been playing this for about 3 days now, and in the 101 summons that i've done, i've only gotten 1 rare. Tempted to spend actual money on it because i'm having quite a bit of fun with this and i'd like some better spirits at this point. I am confused about something though, if i level up a spirit, and then fuse it with a better new spirit later on, will i get any benifits from that, or would it just be the same thing if i'd fuse a level 1 with the new spirit?

Does anyone know if those Gravity Rush spirits will be coming to the full game aswell?

Pbae

Man, I'm looking at all the sweet summons from Europe and Asia and I have to say I think America has the short end of the stick =[

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Man, I'm looking at all the sweet summons from Europe and Asia and I have to say I think America has the short end of the stick =[

Yep, same thought. Grab some asian friends in the game and watch their trades. Going to trade myself a bruce lee summon :p

EGOMON

Ok i have (R) Earth spirit for trade:

13448985053_f1b0fa978f_z.jpg

am looking for (R) Fire spirit or (R) Dark spirit

Game-ID: Darkologia

Grinchy

Banned
I can't wait to not have Bad Luck anymore. I could only get like 500 summon stones the whole day. So now I've cleared a bunch of areas and have a ton of blue orbs but I have underpowered spirits and I'm facing harder enemies. Bad Luck sucks.

I updated the spirit database with the few ones I managed to obtain today. Got a couple of really cool ones while the others are canon fodders (or at least I haven't found good use for them).

uZr719A.jpg

OqmEJF0.jpg

RgDoyYy.jpg

5ubvcAn.jpg

GTLUW8Q.jpg

13TxBCA.jpg

f211Ogo.jpg

gKqoiaY.jpg

Pjn7D2d.jpg

I can't wait to not have Bad Luck anymore. I could only get like 500 summon stones the whole day. So now I've cleared a bunch of areas and have a ton of blue orbs but I have underpowered spirits and I'm facing harder enemies. Bad Luck sucks.

I have Great Blessing today after two consecutive days of Bad Luck and you know what? I'd be happy to switch fortunes with you. I find it a lot easier to beat the raids in Baptism of Light even when my Dark spirits didn't have very high levels.

How did you get multiple spirits at the same Hunt location?

I don't know how but they just showed up together. When you try to hunt, you will see several small circles on the left side of the screen indicating the possible number of spirits you could hunt. I hunted thrice today - twice from home and once in the city. I hunted before leaving, when I got to my destination, and again when I got back home. Anyway, I'd rather be able to hunt just one SP spirit than several C/UC spirits. Haha!

Toma

Ok i have (R) Earth spirit for trade:

13448985053_f1b0fa978f_z.jpg

am looking for (R) Fire spirit or (R) Dark spirit

Game-ID: Darkologia

I also have one of those lying around and surprisingly... I'd need the exact same R spirits you want :p

Pbae

I summoned maybe like 30 times in a row minus the time it took to merge spirits and have yet to run into a rare =[

Damn, I feel so unlucky.

Also, I understand that if you merge same type you get an XP bonus, but is there any Stat Bonuses as well?

Toma

I summoned maybe like 30 times in a row minus the time it took to merge spirits and have yet to run into a rare =[

Damn, I feel so unlucky.

Also, I understand that if you merge same type you get an XP bonus, but is there any Stat Bonuses as well?

Stat bonus only if you merge the exact same monsters with each other, meaning Ixmucane with Ixmucane for example, but yes, those stats bonusses can be huge. My strongest monster is an UC because I only merged it with itself until level 16 (Werewolf).

Pbae

Stat bonus only if you merge the exact same monsters with each other, meaning Ixmucane with Ixmucane for example, but yes, those stats bonusses can be huge. My strongest monster is an UC because I only merged it with itself until level 16 (Werewolf).

Holy Canoli...

Can you still merge spirits after they're maxed out? Is there a stat ceiling that all monsters can reach or do you have to plan and pray?

Top Bottom