• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I have an Ixmucane plant spirit that I'd trade for that one.

Thats a rare too, right? I'd take you up on that offer then :)
Whats your nickname and how can I add you as a friend ingame? Are you online right now?

Thats a rare too, right? I'd take you up on that offer then :)
Whats your nickname and how can I add you as a friend ingame? Are you online right now?
It is the middle one that Rica just posted.
Search for spatenfloot in game under options. I'll be on later.

Owzers

I've been playing for a bit again after having played the beta, right now i'd give the game about a 3/10. 3 for addictiveness since getting monsters and battling is always "fun", and nothing more because this game basically exists to get you to buy Orbs.

In a normal game for human beings your monsters would gain exp by being used in battles. For battles, since i'm also playing Kingdom Conquest 2 right now, both games are just hunting for whales ( since i saw the Sterling video). KC 2 actually took time to build SOME strategic elements into the game like an emphasis on formations and skill builds, whereas DoS has none. Line them up and use one skill every so often between the monsters so the game feels like something is going on during battle. Maybe give a few taps when you're being helped in battle for extra damage because tapping is what you do in free to play touchscreen games. Tap tap tap, see, battle. None of these games feel like actual games that were meant to be played and enjoyed, but to be just interesting enough to get you playing without immediately deleting the game.

baekshi

Banned
I got 2 code of 50 Orbs to give out for filling out Spirits and 1 on my twitter(https://twitter.com/baekshi/status/449595059261145088) .

I did like everyone to encourage to participate in the Database so heres how it will work;

Submit one new "Rare Summon: KNACK" with all data filled on the Database and have your picture sent to my inbox.

Rules:
  • Don't submit that has already been on the Database
  • All fields must be filled including the Stats(no merged spirits leveled up)
  • Send the picture to my PM before filling it out, link the same URL picture on form
  • US Only account
  • Ends at 3/30/2014 9PM EST

That will be for one code.
And another one;
Submit one new "Hunt (?, ?)" or "Advanced Summon" with all data filled on the Database and have your picture sent to my inbox.

Rules:
  • You must show that you own this Spirit so there should be "Sell" in right corner
  • Must be R or SR
  • Don't submit that has already been on the Database
  • All fields must be filled including the Stats (no merged leveled up spirits
  • Send the picture to my PM before filling it out, link the same URL picture on form
  • US Only account
  • Ends at 3/29/2014 4PM EST

Form is here; https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ca48qqIu4UaSm4gjcuezfSVR-rfzatiHV4xddLvWAdM/viewform

Ending the Knack one since no entry. Will give out on twitter.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just started playing the game, you can add me, my username is the same as my GAF name.

Einbroch

Banned
This game is incredibly addicting. The gating that usually happens in these kinds of games (energy) isn't nearly as harsh as other games like it.

EGOMON

I've been playing for a bit again after having played the beta, right now i'd give the game about a 3/10. 3 for addictiveness since getting monsters and battling is always "fun", and nothing more because this game basically exists to get you to buy Orbs.

In a normal game for human beings your monsters would gain exp by being used in battles. For battles, since i'm also playing Kingdom Conquest 2 right now, both games are just hunting for whales ( since i saw the Sterling video). KC 2 actually took time to build SOME strategic elements into the game like an emphasis on formations and skill builds, whereas DoS has none. Line them up and use one skill every so often between the monsters so the game feels like something is going on during battle. Maybe give a few taps when you're being helped in battle for extra damage because tapping is what you do in free to play touchscreen games. Tap tap tap, see, battle. None of these games feel like actual games that were meant to be played and enjoyed, but to be just interesting enough to get you playing without immediately deleting the game.
Yeah no XP gain for the monster you use is a real bummer i even made a whole thread during the beta explaining why they should allow sprites to level up as use them in addition to merging

krossj

I tried this for 30 min and that is probably all i'm going to give it. Is there anything more interesting to the combat than letting the meter fill up and selecting your spirits one move? It doesn't seem like there is much to it at all. When I first heard about it I thought each spirit would have a move set and stats like smt or pokemon and the battles would play out sort of similar but I can't see much strategy at all. Is it just about collecting as many spirits as possible and paying to do so?

After I downloaded it I accidentally selected no for the use of my location and that was it, there was no way to change it. I had to delete it and download again which is nonsense unless I missed something.

Some of the spirits look great and I really like the initial loading screen map but I'm not compelled to put anymore time into it at all.

Pbae

I'd pay money for a encyclopedia function with a short description like in any SMT or Persona game.

Also, I think if you start off well enough you should save your summon stones if you can until you take down a couple zone bosses. This way you have a higher chance of getting a rare.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I tried this for 30 min and that is probably all i'm going to give it. Is there anything more interesting to the combat than letting the meter fill up and selecting your spirits one move? It doesn't seem like there is much to it at all. When I first heard about it I thought each spirit would have a move set and stats like smt or pokemon and the battles would play out sort of similar but I can't see much strategy at all. Is it just about collecting as many spirits as possible and paying to do so?

After I downloaded it I accidentally selected no for the use of my location and that was it, there was no way to change it. I had to delete it and download again which is nonsense unless I missed something.

Some of the spirits look great and I really like the initial loading screen map but I'm not compelled to put anymore time into it at all.

There is plenty of strategy actually in how you are planning your team and use the proper passive/active abilities for each fight, They will get way more challenging eventually so you are forced to get to understand how to use them appropriately and i like it more now than i did in the beginning, maybe give it another hour or so.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, the new day begins at 2000 (8pm) EST.

Pretty sure it's 5 pm PST/ 8 pm EST, think it maybe be midnight in japan

Edit: beaten

It changes with every daily update. I had bad luck on Tuesday, Blessing on Wednesday, and now great blessing for Thursday. Also while it sounds bad "Bad luck" can actually give you some very solid benefits. An example (as mentioned above) can be the current raid event which gives dark element spirits a solid advantage if you have bad luck.
Thanks! I was assuming that new days started at midnight.

Think I have a glitched trophy, it's the one for winning ten battles, it's in my news feed but won't register on the trophy app. Anyone else had this issue?

Owzers

Yeah no XP gain for the monster you use is a real bummer i even made a whole thread during the beta explaining why they should allow sprites to level up as use them in addition to merging

They are just copying the formula of selling people rare pulls, healing characters, and storage space while offering their version of card/monster battles. It's not even trying to be a good game, just addictive. You need more storage space to properly level up your characters, you need higher level and better monsters to have an easier time going through the stages. The goal is addiction.

Einherjar

I like the art so I find the game quite fun.

Anyone have a Konohanasakuya hime for trade? It'd really fill out my wood team lol.

Toma

I don't really know. I had 2 Great Blessings in a row. Summoned a bunch of spirits since then. Mostly UC and C. Only pulled 1 SR and 2 R within the last 2 days.

I summoned 50 or so demons, and got 2-3 rares out of it on bad luck. Maybe the luck is only affecting the hunting thing, but I am saving up on those summoning stones right now and will compare it to better luck draws.

Rixa

Location data is on from Vita. When I try "Hunt" option, it tries to gather and after few seconds comes error message: Hunting failed because location information could not be obtained,
^^ Any ideas what to do?

So far conquered 13 zones, man this game is so addictive. Now its time to go bed and let the spirits rest. Got only 3 rares so far (1 sr but its joker), waiting great blessing to use my summoning stones which I have atm 6574 and more to come. Spirits 13 and slots 47, costmax 7.5, biggest rare is at level 11. The key is to rent other users better spirits.

krossj

There is plenty of strategy actually in how you are planning your team and use the proper passive/active abilities for each fight, They will get way more challenging eventually so you are forced to get to understand how to use them appropriately and i like it more now than i did in the beginning, maybe give it another hour or so.

Yeah, if you had a full team of spirits with 5 selectable moves and combined with a support spirit it would be more interesting and I'm sure the difficulty ramps up but it is just not the game I was expecting when it was announced not to mention some of the free to play elements irritate me in how they are implemented, never liked the business model in general.

Could go back to it at some point but think I'll give it a miss for now.

Hubb

Seems that way, I can't see how they decide who starts out and what position they start in. The only thing that seems to be consistent is the placement of the support spirit.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
One thing I haven't heard mentioned yet: Using a skill resets your meter. If you just did an attack, it'll activate at the first open time when you have a bit of meter left. If you have 90% and activate before the attack, it'll reset you back to zero.

So the best time to activate a skill is during the attacking characters attack animation.

when you have more than 3 fighters, is it just random who is the first 3 up?

First is always team leader. Last is always the Loan character from a friend.

Otherwise... yeah, seems mostly random, between the remaining choices.

Is it better to roll for spirits when I have better luck? Does it work like that?

I don't think luck has much to do with the Spirit Lotto, really...

When I had bad luck, all of my drops from enemies were Soul Stones (the blue stones), with no Summon stone drops at all.

At Great Blessing, all of my drops are Summon Stones (the grey stones) with no blue ones at all.

I've gotten a fair amount of C, UC, and R spirits out of the lotto on any luck. Even with Great blessing I've had silly things like 3 of the same C or UC spirits in a row from summoning.

---

I find I like to summon as soon as I can, so I can get fodder for merging. Repeats are good, since they give the best boost and can even give stats without leveling. Also, merging a lvl 1 repeat unto a maxed monster raises their level cap. At first, I thought they mean you had to fuse 2 max monsters together to break the caps; this way is MUCH more friendly, haha.

Vamphuntr

Started playing this today. It's fun but the F2P aspects seem really annoying. The art is really nice. The tutorial was quite boring though.

I summoned a bunch of crap. Got some R unicorn, SR aztec thing and a bunch of C and UC weaklings.

From my understanding, it's probably better to merge the weaker summons with your R and SR so you always have room for more, right? Hopefully there's more way to get destiny orbs than buying them.

If I want to add my info on the friend list can I edit it myself or do I send a msg to the OP?

Toma

Well that is just outright cruel:
d54l9Tc.jpg

Oh well, on the next try I finally will get Inti at least.

Toma

And in case anyone is curious, thats him (reward of Baptism of Light if you defeat Inti Lvl 15) :

Edit: What the crap, right after I got Inti, I summoned 10 more monsters via the 300 summoning stones option and got this guy TWO times in a row

Not that I am complaining.

Toma

Anyone got a clue on how I should properly use my "For Merging" spirits?

Use them on a monster (that you want to level) with the same element to get the most levels out of them, but if you need it elsewhere, thats fine too. There isnt much more to it.

joe2187

Banned
Does anyone have a UC Griffin to trade? I need one and not getting any luck from summoning. Willing to trade one for a Prince Of Dark (For Merging).

Sent you a PM

Also added one to the Database.

It's Hsien-Ko!

8JGOz53.jpg

The cutest Jiangshi you ever did shi

TheAznOne

Sent you a PM

Also added one to the Database.

It's Hsien-Ko!

The cutest Jiangshi you ever did shi

Sent it. Also someone on my friendslist has one too. Used her a few times in battles.

Looks like the prince of darkness isn't tradable. i have a prince of fire version thats tradable tho if you want that instead.

baekshi

Banned
are 'Sea Bishop' glitched? I can't merge them with any monster or get rid of them by selling which gives me a server error. everything else works...

does anyone want this beast lol

I will take anything else for it

TheAznOne

are 'Sea Bishop' glitched? I can't merge them with any monster or get rid of them by selling which gives me a server error. everything else works...

does anyone want this beast lol

I will take anything else for it

thats weird. i merge them whenever i get'em to lvl up my R water spirit. i knew some items were not be able to sell or merge after a few hours. probably some cooldown depending on how you got the spirit.

baekshi

Banned
thats weird. i merge them whenever i get'em to lvl up my R water spirit. i knew some items were not be able to sell or merge after a few hours. probably some cooldown depending on how you got the spirit.
I actually got rid of them. I restarted the game and they werent there anymore. Weird.

Cha

Still playing this. Not sure why. Kinda just going with it, and looking forward to encountering cool looking spirits. Didn't know you could get Rare summons through the regular (300stone) summon thing. Was surprised when one popped out. Almost cleared half of Africa now. Battles are getting tough. Renting support spirits is really becoming a necessity, especially to protect my own spirits from losing too much health before a boss battle. Wonder how much longer I can resist using a single orb.

^Got her through regular summon

I don't see the free orbs on EU PSN, did that expire already?

EDIT: Ignore, just saw that you have to select the free version when adding it to your cart.

Rixa

Still playing this. Not sure why. Kinda just going with it, and looking forward to encountering cool looking spirits. Didn't know you could get Rare summons through the regular (300stone) summon thing. Was surprised when one popped out. Almost cleared half of Africa now. Battles are getting tough. Renting support spirits is really becoming a necessity, especially to protect my own spirits from losing too much health before a boss battle. Wonder how much longer I can resist using a single orb.

^Got her through regular summon

Yeah, you can get nice cannonfodder or with some luck other cool things. Spend few hours ago ~6500 summon stones, got only C & UC stuff.
Did some stuff and enjoyed saturday morning, drinked coffee. Had again ~4400 stones to get cannonfodder for my few rare ones. Kaboom this is what I got (Average luck, Metal).

My first SR (not counting Joker):

My first SR (not counting Joker):

2014-03-29-093646.jpg

My 2nd of these R (anyone wants to trade to some US/Asia R?)

2014-03-29-093710.jpg
I added these 2 to database.

Edit:

I made a test, see below:

One Prince of Fire merged to lvl 1 SR added 728% exp and lvl 1 to lvl 8.

B.O.O.M

Can anyone tell me how many levels these fire joker summon can add? I have a Sorcerer who is 16/20 Lvl now. Wondering if I should save this card for later or use it on him

Edit: Speak of great timing! :D You answered the exact question I had with your edit Rixa. Cheers. Gonna save the card for later then

Top Bottom