• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Holy Canoli...

Can you still merge spirits after they're maxed out? Is there a stat ceiling that all monsters can reach or do you have to plan and pray?

You can raise a monsters level if you merge it with the same type of monster at max level:

Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ = SuperWerewolf Lvl 15

SuperWerewolf Lvl15 (Max Level) + Werewolf Lvl 1 = SuperWereWolf Lvl 15 (Not max level)

And you can only raise the level cap once for common, twice for uncommon, three times for rares and 4 times for super rares.

Holy Canoli...

Can you still merge spirits after they're maxed out? Is there a stat ceiling that all monsters can reach or do you have to plan and pray?

Yes you can. To break the limit for spirits, you either have to use a Joker for its element or a duplicate of that spirit (the enhancer spirit doesn't have to be maxed out). You can do this until the spirit hits Level 99 which, as I read somewhere, is the very limit.

Edit: Beaten.

Pbae

You can raise a monsters level if you merge it with the same type of monster at max level:

Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ Werewolf LvL 1 + Werewolf Lv1+ = SuperWerewolf Lvl 15

SuperWerewolf Lvl15 (Max Level) + Werewolf Lvl 1 = SuperWereWolf Lvl 15 (Not max level)

And you can only raise the level cap once for common, twice for uncommon, three times for rares and 4 times for super rares.

I guess you can say that that's a...RareWolf....

I'm so sorry...

So I'm guessing you can still merge after they're max level to get added stat bonuses.

Wow, I didn't know of this one. I thought all spirits can hit Level 99. It's stuff like this that makes me wish the game came with a comprehensive manual.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Wow, I didn't know of this one. I thought all spirits can hit Level 99. It's stuff like this that makes me wish the game came with a comprehensive manual.

I just looked into the actual manual, fun fact, on bad luck shadow monsters have a higher crit chance.

Unfun fact: the "manual" is 9 pages of text, 2 with actual information about the game mechanics and 40 pages of licensing information.

Pbae

I just looked into the actual manual, fun fact, on bad luck shadow monsters have a higher crit chance.

Unfun fact: the "manual" is 9 pages of text, 2 with actual information about the game mechanics and 40 pages of licensing information.

You forgot about all those really useful note pages they add as well.

Yep. Hence why I was hoping that it was more comprehensive than the way it is.

You forgot about all those really useful note pages they add as well.

That really made me LOL when I first saw it.

Edit: Added this to the database:
mbwuXPj.jpg

B.O.O.M

On that test summon I used Prince (which is UC). But Joker is SR and it is used to raise spirits levelmax.

Prince (UC) = Raises spirits levels
Queen (R) = Raises more spirits level than Prince (dunno how much)
Joker (SR) = Raises spirits levelmax

I think you can raise spirits levelmax by merging same spirit (which is at level 1) to max level spirit:

Common spirits levelmax can be raised one time.
Uncommon spirits two times.
Rare three times.
Super Rare four times.

oh I didn't know this. Thanks for the heads up

Its weird on how the system works yet after so many battles. 2 days I got Great Blessing and every battle I won, for item drops from spirits I gotten just Summon stones. Today, I have Average luck and they been dropping majority Spirit stones. So far out of 119 spirit summons, I got 1 SR, 2 R, 2:1 UC:C spirits.

Odd. I guess it's just a fancy way to add more spiritual themes in the game. It doesn't seem to affect the game all that much. Well, besides that miracle if you fuse with friends who have bad luck.

Yeah I guess. I did get a lot of summon stones today. Guess that's due to good luck. But they aren't much use to me if they can't get me a good summon lol...guess I will keep upgrading those I have

EGOMON

I also have one of those lying around and surprisingly... I'd need the exact same R spirits you want :p

whats funny is that during the beta i had 1 (SR) Fire spirit and 2 (R) Fire spirit but now can't get my hands on even a good (UC) Fire spirits XD

baekshi

Banned
Traded myself
13493789523_be00d47516_b.jpg

I couldn't trade it without having myself another Advanced Summon or KNACK one. I threw away my knack one anyway.

I swear, this game screws up my Vita. Downloaded it, and my Vita started freezing up. Had to hard reset.

Rebooted, then tried to start the game. Got as far as entering my character name, then it froze and kicked me out of the game, and my Vita started acting buggy, not letting me open other games, and freezing. Deleted the game, and now everything's fine.

Too bad, wanted to try it out. Maybe I'll redownload it.

I swear, this game screws up my Vita. Downloaded it, and my Vita started freezing up. Had to hard reset.

Rebooted, then tried to start the game. Got as far as entering my character name, then it froze and kicked me out of the game, and my Vita started acting buggy, not letting me open other games, and freezing. Deleted the game, and now everything's fine.

Too bad, wanted to try it out. Maybe I'll redownload it.
Try pausing the small file until the main one downloads and installs. Not sure if it helps, but I had to do that to install the game properly.

anyone else having issues with location data?

Not me. If you're having issues with location services on your Vita (and not just DoS), it's possible that the hotspot you're connected to has no location information available. If that's the case, you can submit it Skyhook Wireless and that should fix it for you. Sometimes it takes a few hours to take effect but I just helped my cousin setup theirs and got the confirmation in less than 3 minutes.

Also, be sure that location services is enabled on the Vita's settings. A few friends I know actually overlooked that.

joe2187

Banned
Had some succseful hunts today...however I saw this pop up when I connected to the Denny's WiFi

UafWHxL.jpg

I clicked on it, got a connection error and it changed to the Light event...

odd.

Looks like that's going to be the next raid event and the devs accidentally revealed it. Good that you grabbed a screenshot. LOL Looks like I need to start beefing up my part of spirits with Light affinity.

EGOMON

Had some succseful hunts today...however I saw this pop up when I connected to the Denny's WiFi

UafWHxL.jpg

odd.

That was the event during the beta testing period last year, maybe they are bringing it back or just an error in the database

Toma

Do the Raid bosses. I got like 3 of the fire ones and bunch of the other elements.

We are talking about proper SR and R fighting spirits. The ones you get in the raids are only weak mergers.

Traded myself

I couldn't trade it without having myself another Advanced Summon or KNACK one. I threw away my knack one anyway.
how? do you just make an jpn acct and play the game? oh...
i like this game, only thing i don't like is the music, i already bought stuff... lol

JJP12

So has pretty much everyone acquired a SR Spirit by now? A lot of my friends already have and I'm extremely jealous :/ lol

Toma

So has pretty much everyone acquired a SR Spirit by now? A lot of my friends already have and I'm extremely jealous :/ lol

Nope, I got a few rares, but still no fighting SR. Sucks. Are people getting these from normal summons too?

Grinchy

Banned

I have gotten one single rare the entire time. Everything else has been C and UC and I think I've gotten like 15+ Gnomes lol. I am not having great summoning luck.

Puru

I got like 2 SR and 2 R.
Kinda funny i killed Promotheus, it then got added to the list of thing i could actually summon, i tried one summon and i got him.

Edit: Got a new Rare in my mailbox, woohoo.

Toma

Small hint you might have already figured out yourself:

Once you have a few lvl 15-20 monsters (and you are at least on "blessed luck"), you can start grinding summoning stones in the first area. I chose a 2 battle encounter with only mountain enemies, 2 of my grass fighters and my best attacker. They can reliably kill all monsters without them hurting my monsters.

I am getting between 200 and 300 summoning stones on average per fight out of this.

Prelude.

What's up with those "bosses" (I can't remember what they're called) pop-ups that appear sometimes after a battle? I don't even understand where they're supposed to be.

Kalamoj

Hehe, I only have 5 rares. With summoning stoned I only got Cs and CRs. Hunting doesn't work, even after registering with Skyhook.
My only scource for better ones is the daily free spirit.

Toma

What's up with those "bosses" (I can't remember what they're called) pop-ups that appear sometimes after a battle? I don't even understand where they're supposed to be.

They are in the baptism event, button on the buttom right corner of the menu.

JJP12

At least I'm not alone. I only received My rare Ice knack and some other rare water Spirit. Maybe I'll take my Vita to McDonalds or something. Oh well back to the grind!

Ventara

I didn't know this. Thanks for the info. Right now, due to the cost limit, my C/UC are more useful, so it's good to know then can be leveled up a bit more.

Traded myself
13493789523_be00d47516_b.jpg

I want this one. So purdy. And what do you mean trade yourself? Do you have two Vitas?

UafWHxL.jpg

odd.

Those look cool. If they are the next Raid event, I hope we get a chance at getting them like we do we the current Raid bosses.

Small hint you might have already figured out yourself:

Once you have a few lvl 15-20 monsters (and you are at least on "blessed luck"), you can start grinding summoning stones in the first area. I chose a 2 battle encounter with only mountain enemies, 2 of my grass fighters and my best attacker. They can reliably kill all monsters without them hurting my monsters.

I am getting between 200 and 300 summoning stones on average per fight out of this.

I might have to do this eventually. Some of the area bosses are giving me some trouble already.

RT? What's that? I don't use Twitter, but I could use 50 Destiny Orbs. And what's this about a Knack competition?

Anyways, guys, what are the Joker of Spirits for? I know it's for merging, but I used a water one on a water spirit and it only got 32% experience. What gives?

Top Bottom