• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

ReaperXL7

When does the blessing change?
I'd rather not summon anything with "bad luck". :/
Unless it has no effect on summons.

It changes with every daily update. I had bad luck on Tuesday, Blessing on Wednesday, and now great blessing for Thursday. Also while it sounds bad "Bad luck" can actually give you some very solid benefits. An example (as mentioned above) can be the current raid event which gives dark element spirits a solid advantage if you have bad luck.

EGM92

I've been getting a bunch of Super Rare Jokers from this Raid event. I have no idea how to use them. Do we know how to use them? It says for merging, I had a Fire one and used it on a high level Griffin and it did pretty much nothing in leveling.

I added myself to the Google Doc ID list. Gonna add some of you guys now.

For a F2P game, this one isn't too bad; I'm actually enjoying it. I've gotten a couple rares so far, and a ton of Salamanders, which I just use to level up my rare Fire dude.

I've been getting a bunch of Super Rare Jokers from this Raid event. I have no idea how to use them. Do we know how to use them? It says for merging, I had a Fire one and used it on a high level Griffin and it did pretty much nothing in leveling.

I could be mistaken but I recall reading somewhere that those SR Jokers are for merging after your base spirit has already hit max level. Sorry I can't look this up right now as I'm actually at work. LOL

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Often the game freezes when i try to access the list of players that are not my friends :\

Ive got one R spirit from using those summoning stones, bunch of UC and many C. Common & uncommon ones are cannonfodder to feed those everhungry R spirits.

I guess i'll do the same when i'll get some rare spirit, ATM i have only ice Knack.
Don't underestimate C and UC spirits though, once leveled up some of them can be really good.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Posted this in the wrong thread yesterday but I started it up and couldnt stop playing for 5 hours straight. Freed 5 zones and killed 5 Raid bosses on my first playtime.

How does that cooperation for raid bosses work?

Rixa

Don't underestimate C and UC spirits though, once leveled up some of them can be really good.

This was my best UC in beta, really nice support skill and very good battle skill. Cost was only 1.5, lvl max 55. Fun to see how badly this has been tuned when DDI pack comes.

2013-10-27-184727.jpg

maouvin

Posted this in the wrong thread yesterday but I started it up and couldnt stop playing for 5 hours straight. Freed 5 zones and killed 5 Raid bosses on my first playtime.

How does that cooperation for raid bosses work?

If you lose at the raid boss, your friends can fight him (it doesn't regenerate). The player that took the most of the boss' health will get the MVP reward.

And yes, this game is a time sink lol.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If you lose at the raid boss, your friends can fight him (it doesn't regenerate). The player that took the most of the boss' health will get the MVP reward.

And yes, this game is a time sink lol.

So they are automatically informed about it? Or do I need to send them the challenge somehow?

EGOMON

Quick tip:
For efficient merging in term of XP and Spirit Points (SP) merge spirits of low rarity to the higher one (i.e. C > UC > R > SR) for example if you have say R spirit, C and UC spirit and you want to merge them, to get the best of it do the following:
First merge the C spirit to the UC then merge the UC to the R spirit, it will cost you less than merging the C and UC spirit at the same time to the R spirit also i notice it gives a better XP boost also always merge spirits of the same element to get a bonus XP and merge two exact spirits to get a stats boost.

maouvin

So they are automatically informed about it? Or do I need to send them the challenge somehow?

The game says that your friends have been requested to help you, and a red ! will show on the raid banner for them. But there's no popup like when you find a raid boss, iirc.

Aerocrane

Added some spirits to the Database again, only posting images of some of them.
MpkXf7Y.jpg

This one looks pretty cool.
IoMm9kR.jpg

This guy was already in the Database, he's an event reward from Baptism of Light. His Battle Skill is pretty great.
XMEVARK.jpg

My first summon that is better than uncommon or common.
Merging same Spirits for leveling up is a great boost.

Added myself to the Friend List, although my own list is full right now.

Z3M0G

This thread really makes me want to keep playing. Lots of unique Spirits to collect. The limit of 20 is going to be the hardest part to deal with...

It's cool that there are so many Knack spirits too... this is the one I got (borrowed image from above in the thread):

Rixa

how do you get destiny orbs?

EU PS+ has 35 DOrbs for free (once). After that it costs 2,45€ (50 = 3,75€).

You might get DOrbs also from daily rewards or other rewards. Since this game is F2P I think DOrb drops are very rare w/o using real money.

EU PS+ has 35 DOrbs for free (once). After that it costs 2,45€ (50 = 3,75€).

You might get DOrbs also from daily rewards or other rewards. Since this game is F2P I think DOrb drops are very rare w/o using real money.

just went on PSN, redeem the free 35, got nothing :/

Kalamoj

Thanks everyone for the friend requests.
I only have only one good spirit (too bad I've only found 1 dark spirit to merge with her):

Does anyone know how the borrow system works? Can I change which spirit can be borrowed from me?

Edit: Spirit uploaded

Downloaded for the art. It's pretty cool. Still getting the hang of it.
It kind of plays like a F2P card game I've played somewhere before... Don't remember which one...

I won't buy anything in this game so I probably will just use it as an occasional diversion.
The art ranges from absolutely great to nasty

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I just started this. Seems pretty fun. Are there limitations to what you can get from regular Summons? I seem to only get Commons. And can you only get other region Spirits via trade?

Also, is there any benefit to burning multiple spirits to level up another, or can I do one at a time?

Toma

I just started this. Seems pretty fun. Are there limitations to what you can get from regular Summons? I seem to only get Commons. And can you only get other region Spirits via trade?

Also, is there any benefit to burning multiple spirits to level up another, or can I do one at a time?

you can do one at a time and you can get Rares via the normal summon

In fact I just got one:
Anyone who wants to trade it for another rare? I have the same on level 14 and its a decent 200/160 main attacker, especially with the reduced damage and water damage to all enemies as special attack.

I already have Unicorn, Kisshoten, Guardian and Ixchel, I'd take any other, preferably fire, plant or dark.

Toma

What is the MVP Reward?
13460162263_96e58ebf39_b.jpg

If you start a raid fight and dont win it, one of your friends can decide to join in. The player who made the most damage gets the "most valuable player" reward. You might lose the MVP reward, but the upside is that you didnt need another attempt to beat the boss.

Toma

You got a rare with bad luck? Nice.

Bad luck is not gonna stop me :p

But I guess the bad luck was to get exactly one of those rares that I already have, haha.

Not sure if this is correct but his is my understanding of it:

Hunts basically allows you to "catch" Spirits in the real world. It uses your Vita's location services to determine your actual location. Once you hunt the spirit in your original location, you will not find another one in that same spot and you will have to go elsewhere to continue hunting them. Not sure if that's permanent or if you will be able to find one again after a period of time.

Toma

Hunts basically allows you to "catch" Spirits in the real world. It uses your Vita's location services to determine your actual location. Once you hunt the spirit in your original location, you will not find another one in that same spot and you will have to go elsewhere to continue hunting them. Not sure if that's permanent or if you will be able to find one again after a period of time.

How much "elsewhere" are we talking about here? A mile? 100 miles?

MidBoss

You're saying this thing was in my house??

baekshi

Banned
I got 2 code of 50 Orbs to give out for filling out Spirits and 1 on my twitter(https://twitter.com/baekshi/status/449595059261145088) .

I did like everyone to encourage to participate in the Database so heres how it will work;

Submit one new "Rare Summon: KNACK" with all data filled on the Database and have your picture sent to my inbox.

Rules:
  • Don't submit that has already been on the Database
  • All fields must be filled including the Stats(no merged spirits leveled up)
  • Send the picture to my PM before filling it out, link the same URL picture on form
  • US Only account
  • Ends at 3/30/2014 9PM EST

That will be for one code.
And another one;
Submit one new "Hunt (?, ?)" or "Advanced Summon" with all data filled on the Database and have your picture sent to my inbox.

Rules:
  • You must show that you own this Spirit so there should be "Sell" in right corner
  • Must be R or SR
  • Don't submit that has already been on the Database
  • All fields must be filled including the Stats (no merged leveled up spirits
  • Send the picture to my PM before filling it out, link the same URL picture on form
  • US Only account
  • Ends at 3/29/2014 4PM EST

Form is here; https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ca48qqIu4UaSm4gjcuezfSVR-rfzatiHV4xddLvWAdM/viewform

You can hunt again in your home after hunting somewhere else.
Hunt at home. Go somewhere, hunt. Go home, hunt again.

How much "elsewhere" are we talking about here? A mile? 100 miles?
Probably just logging into a different network would be enough. As long as it shows movement of some kind. From 11 miles away, I was able to hunt 2 spirits. You get more the farther you go.

you can do one at a time and you can get Rares via the normal summon

In fact I just got one:

Anyone who wants to trade it for another rare? I have the same on level 14 and its a decent 200/160 main attacker, especially with the reduced damage and water damage to all enemies as special attack.

I already have Unicorn, Kisshoten, Guardian and Ixchel, I'd take any other, preferably fire, plant or dark.
I have an Ixmucane plant spirit that I'd trade for that one.

Top Bottom