• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I didn't know this. Thanks for the info. Right now, due to the cost limit, my C/UC are more useful, so it's good to know then can be leveled up a bit more.

I want this one. So purdy. And what do you mean trade yourself? Do you have two Vitas?

Those look cool. If they are the next Raid event, I hope we get a chance at getting them like we do we the current Raid bosses.

I might have to do this eventually. Some of the area bosses are giving me some trouble already.

RT? What's that? I don't use Twitter, but I could use 50 Destiny Orbs. And what's this about a Knack competition?

Anyways, guys, what are the Joker of Spirits for? I know it's for merging, but I used a water one on a water spirit and it only got 32% experience. What gives?

The Jokers are special mergers that allow to unlock the max level of a monster with the same element. Incredibly important to unlock the good rares as you likely wont get many of them :/

6CWnF9d.jpg

Just so I understood it right, if IT merge the 3 Yellow Emperors there, will the level cap be raised? Or one of them must be at max level first?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
6CWnF9d.jpg

Just so I understood it right, if IT merge the 3 Yellow Emperors there, will the level cap be raised? Or one of them must be at max level first?

One must be max level first. Also that SR guy is super sweet. I rent him all the time, how can you have THREE of him :(

Ventara

The Jokers are special mergers that allow to unlock the max level of a monster with the same element. Incredibly important to unlock the good rares as you likely wont get many of them :/

Ah, okay. I assume the spirit has to be max level, since my water spirit's max didn't change?

6CWnF9d.jpg

How do you have 6 SR spirits? Damn, consider me jealous, and send some of those waifus my way.

Edit: 5, I didn't see one was for merging, but still, 5 is awesome.

One must be max level first. Also that SR guy is super sweet. I rent him all the time, how can you have THREE of him :(

One from a hunt, the other 2 were gifts from Destiny summons.

EDIT: Just saw a 6th SR, again from a Destiny summon. Can't claim it yet, I'm at max capacity :(

Toma

One from a hunt, the other 2 were gifts from Destiny summons.

You should start playing real life lottery or something.

[/quote]EDIT: Just saw a 7th SR, again from a Destiny summon. Can't claim it yet, I'm at max capacity :([/QUOTE]

Gngngh, Sort me into the camp of people who gets the impression they'll never get one, lol.

You should start playing real life lottery or something.
EDIT: Just saw a 7th SR, again from a Destiny summon. Can't claim it yet, I'm at max capacity :([/QUOTE]

Gngngh, Sort me into the camp of people who gets the impression they'll never get one, lol.[/QUOTE]

Try doing a Destiny summon with me? Maybe the luck will rub off.

baekshi

Banned
I want this one. So purdy. And what do you mean trade yourself? Do you have two Vitas?

RT? What's that? I don't use Twitter, but I could use 50 Destiny Orbs. And what's this about a Knack competition?
Yup, two Vitas. One with Japanese account.

RT is retweet. Knack was well, put a new spirit database and send your pic to my inbox. Too late for that, I just happened to have killed it.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
what is this game? rpg? trade card?

looks like people is havin fun!

Toma

what is this game? rpg? trade card?

looks like people is havin fun!

Sort of a simplified RPG with monster-collectathon madness. Its technically F2P, but you dont need to spend anything to get something out of it. Since its free anyway, I'd suggest giving it a whirl if you are prepared to lose lots of hours to this.

Owzers

i'm immune to getting SR, but i have a couple R monsters. UC on the destiny summon today :(

feed Owzers a SR game!

Owzers

Is destiny summoning random or should I aim at greatest compatibility? Got my first and only sr from a summon stone pull, dark spirit feather headdress guy.

If i have a spirit which can't be selected for party does that mean i can only use him to merge with other spirit ?

make sure you didnt go over the party cost limit, if the spirit costs 2 and you only have 1 party point left, you won't be able to select it for the party. that is one scenario.

Einherjar

Anyone from AS have a Jiangshi for trade? I can try to get another UC of the element you want, or a specific one from NA.

And I think there are too many NA players in my level range, so no one destiny summons with me :( (And the NA art got shafted).

Grinchy

Banned
I got the trophy earlier for summoning 100 times. I have one Rare and all UC and C spirits. Do R and SR really only occur at a 1% or less chance?

B.O.O.M

no regular SR summons yet :S I've had the worst luck summon-wise in the past few days

Well at least thanks to the 'luck' being great, managed to up the stats of the summons I already have so for now I have a nice balance

Grinchy

Banned
no regular SR summons yet :S I've had the worst luck summon-wise in the past few days

Well at least thanks to the 'luck' being great, managed to up the stats of the summons I already have so for now I have a nice balance

I've had Bad Luck 2 days in a row now so I have just not been getting many summoning stones at all. It's good for the event that's going on right now since the bosses are all light-based, but IMO it sucks for everything else.

B.O.O.M

I've had Bad Luck 2 days in a row now so I have just not been getting many summoning stones at all. It's good for the event that's going on right now since the bosses are all light-based, but IMO it sucks for everything else.

yeah I hear ya. I had two bad luck days back to back before having one good luck day and a great luck day.

All those summon stones haven't been of much use outside of upgrading tho :D No R/SR summons in two days so far.

make sure you didnt go over the party cost limit, if the spirit costs 2 and you only have 1 party point left, you won't be able to select it for the party. that is one scenario.

That was it :)

What happens if i borrow spirit from someone ?

Do they get part of blue energy i payed as rental ?
If someone borrows my spirit will it suffer damage which needs to be healed by me ?

Also if your own spirit doesn't get anything from battle should i just borrow as many as possible when i have abundance of energy ?

Rixa

Guys post your stats

Here goes:
2014-03-30-113647.jpg

^^ Did that Skyhook thingie, hopefully its delay, cause my hunt doesnt work (yet).

SR + UC Prince test nr. 2:
2014-03-30-103913.jpg

^^ My first capture of Prince, from normal fight
2014-03-30-104113.jpg

^^Adding it to SR Cuhullin
2014-03-30-104128.jpg

^^ Three levels more.

Where are my Water & Metal R/SR?
2014-03-30-113818.jpg

2014-03-30-113824.jpg
Trying to trade my R Wood spirit to one Asian R Dark spirit...
Got 3 Earth R Hermes, prolly using them to increase levelmax at somepoint.

EDIT:

That was it :)
What happens if i borrow spirit from someone ?

If someone borrows my spirit will it suffer damage which needs to be healed by me ?

Also if your own spirit doesn't get anything from battle should i just borrow as many as possible when i have abundance of energy ?

1. Its generally advised to borrow spirit.
-> You lose blue energy stones (called Spirit Points)
-> Your spirits get less damage and you can generally borrow powerfuly ally for a fight
2. You can only borrow one spirit per fight
-> You can have 4 own spirits and one borrowed spirit in fight.
-> 3 Spirits same time in fight, when one dies, next one comes in to slot where last one did die.
-> Usually I use 2 own spirits and almost always borrow one spirit.
4. Killing order when borrowing spirits
-> In normal fight (not boss fight) ALWAYS kill 2 spirits that are lower & middle position.
-> Target your borrowed spirit to one of those lower spirits
-> Let the upper spirit hit your borrowed spirit, it doesn't matter cause its borrowed (and no harm done to owner of that borrowed spirit).
-> Lastly kill that upper spirit when theres nothing else left.

5. Today got message when logged in that yesterday 30 different person borrowed my spirits. I got 1500 summoning stones as reward.

^^ Hopefully these help.

Anyone from AS have a Jiangshi for trade? I can try to get another UC of the element you want, or a specific one from NA.

And I think there are too many NA players in my level range, so no one destiny summons with me :( (And the NA art got shafted).

I got a spare Jiangshi, hit me up if you still want one. (look for Khrysler_Jerikho)

edit: beaten
yes, they get all, that's what the rental is for. samething happens when someone rent your spirit, when you log in next day, you will get a report who had rented your spirits and how many rental fee you collected.
no
you can't rent more than 1 per battle as far as i can tell, so it's your line up + 1 rental.

EGOMON

I'll usually roll a Svarog or Fire Guardian. I can put on one of those for trading if you want.

Thanks man but am looking for (R) Fire spirit i have Griffin & Salamander for normal battle what i need is a powerful Fire spirit for boss fights

Rixa

This kinda hilarious:

First one is from yesterday through normal summoning (used summoning stones):
Second one I got from destiny summoning being as friend:
Also seems that my trade for (giving away Wood R spirit, getting Asia Dark R spirit) is under waiting time. Ill post the picture of that spirit when I hopefully get it.

2014-03-29-093646.jpg

^^ Summon Europe
2014-03-30-122339.jpg

^^ Destiny Summoning
I might trade destiny summoned one away (got one Fire Joker and getting more through event).

Not me. If you're having issues with location services on your Vita (and not just DoS), it's possible that the hotspot you're connected to has no location information available. If that's the case, you can submit it Skyhook Wireless and that should fix it for you. Sometimes it takes a few hours to take effect but I just helped my cousin setup theirs and got the confirmation in less than 3 minutes.

Also, be sure that location services is enabled on the Vita's settings. A few friends I know actually overlooked that.

i'm playing at home, first time i loaded up the game it got location data, everytime afterwards it hasn't. Also and I assume this is related nothing is showing up in the hunt menu for me.

EGOMON

Ok i live in a really big house (1800 sq m) that we needed two routers and access points to cover the whole house i was doing hunting in my room in the second floor and managed to capture a good spirit then i went to my little brother room in the ground floor and my Vita connected automatically to the ground floor router then i tried the hunt again and it worked! i got another spirit then i decided to go back to my room and check if i can do another hunt and it did then went back to the ground floor and tested it again and it worked!!

I remember reading something about using Hunt feature for cheating might get you banned so is this considered cheating? i can't force my self to use my Vita only on my room i spend a lot of time in our backyard garden which uses the ground floor router am confused at what to do :/

Ok i live in a really big house (1800 sq m) that we needed two routers and access points to cover the whole house i was doing hunting in my room in the second floor and managed to capture a good spirit then i went to my little brother room in the ground floor and my Vita connected automatically to the ground floor router then i tried the hunt again and it worked! i got another spirit then i decided to go back to my room and check if i can do another hunt and it did then went back to the ground floor and tested it again and it worked!!

I remember reading something about using Hunt feature for cheating might get you banned so is this considered cheating? i can't force my self to use my Vita only on my room i spend a lot of time in our backyard garden which uses the ground floor router am confused at what to do :/
You should be fine as long as you don't hunt hundreds of spirits a day. A few times won't hurt.

ReaperXL7

So I read that it's possible to change your location data through skyhook. Anyone know how to about that?

I like a lot about the game most definitely, one of my only issues is that in order to raise the max level of many spirits you have to spend money unordered to hopefully obtain multiples, or get lucky in finding a joker for that specific element.

I'm in desperate need of an Earth joker, but the only hope of one is beating the raid bosses at lvl 40..

Amn

Neo Member
Trying to trade my R Wood spirit to one Asian R Dark spirit...
Got 3 Earth R Hermes, prolly using them to increase levelmax at somepoint.
Thanks for offering the trade for one of those Hermes. I have a bunch of mid-level Earth spirits and haven't been able to to get a rare, so I'll be able to feed him pretty well and give him a good home when the trade goes through.

Oh I'm sure it would, I was more just curious how it works as I had never heard of it before.
It is simply changing your networks reported location so when the Vita connects, it thinks it is someplace else. Abuse would be pretty easy for them to detect simply by looking at hunt locations. It normally takes more than a few minutes to move from the US to Asia. :)

EGOMON

You should be fine as long as you don't hunt hundreds of spirits a day. A few times won't hurt.
Yeah am not going to abuse it

So I read that it's possible to change your location data through skyhook. Anyone know how to about that?

I like a lot about the game most definitely, one of my only issues is that in order to raise the max level of many spirits you have to spend money unordered to hopefully obtain multiples, or get lucky in finding a joker for that specific element.

I'm in desperate need of an Earth joker, but the only hope of one is beating the raid bosses at lvl 40..

I had to add my location to the skyhook servers since i wasn't able to use the hunt feature at first so yes i think you can do that but might risk i ban if they found out.
And agree with you with leveling system its really grindy i am in the same boat as you i want a Joker of Earth spirit to level up my (SR) Earth spirit i tired merging it with a level 12 (UC) Earth spirit but that net me 2 levels for the (SR) spirit! and the higher your spirit level the more spirits it cost to level it up it will ends up inefficient and doesn't worth the cost

Rixa

Thanks for offering the trade for one of those Hermes. I have a bunch of mid-level Earth spirits and haven't been able to to get a rare, so I'll be able to feed him pretty well and give him a good home when the trade goes through.

Oh you were the one that I traded with :p I kinda need that Water rare, exactly same issue with bunch of mid-level Water spirits.

Trading my SR spirit to another SR one.

RalchAC

I love some of those Japanese spirits art. I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff, it was one of the reasons I liked so much Nurarihyon no Mago.

Top Bottom