• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Rixa

Regionalisation of spirits sucks.

European ones are so boring

I guess they wanted that we need to trade more:

2014-03-30-162205.jpg

^^ Where is that dancing girl?

ReaperXL7

I would disagree with that, seeing some of the Viking/Greek inspired spirits I personally think Europe got the best spirits. I like some spirits from all of the regions but only so much half naked Asian ladies,and native American warriors I can take. EU got the most diverse group imo.

Rixa

Bad side of trading is that Iam getting R trades towards SR. I need to cancel them manually.
There should be option that only spirits you can offer to trader are same rarity.

Amn

Neo Member
Bad side of trading is that Iam getting R trades towards SR. I need to cancel them manually.
There should be option that only spirits you can offer to trader are same rarity.
I just unfriended the people who offered me UCs for my Rs up for trade.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Just put on a Rare Fire Vampire Hunter for trade.

I dont assume you'd be fine with an SR fire merge joker for it?

If you are, let me know your nickname and I'll do the trade.

ReaperXL7

I have traded a few fellow gaffers some SR's and R's that I had no intention of using for UC spirits. If I don't plan on using them and someone else has a legit want or need then I'll usually try to help out.

I have a few good ones stored away for when I see someone post an R or SR Viking/Greek spirit that I want, but other then that space is too limited to hold onto spirits that don't have much use to me.

Rixa

Nah, you were the first to be asked anyway :)

Just annoying how rare these stupid fire spirits are.

If you have SR spirit (not needing Joker), I have SR fire spirit to trade.

I'm finding some neat designs. We have Greek and Nothern Mythology, that's quite a good combo.
Lol. But are you people getting a lot of R spirits? I'm not buying Destiny Orbs, and Normal Summons only give my C and UC spirits. Which I usually use for fusing...

Ive got sofar (well over 100 spirits summoned by summoning stones) one SR and 3 R.

Man, unfortunately I dont have an SR at the moment, but if I finally turn up an SR spirit I might ask if you still have the fire SR and trade with you to have fire as my first SR.

Yeah, dunno how eager ppl are trading their SR spirits :p But mine is in trade slot waiting to be traded.

RalchAC

I'm finding some neat designs. We have Greek and Nothern Mythology, that's quite a good combo.

I just unfriended the people who offered me UCs for my Rs up for trade.

Lol. But are you people getting a lot of R spirits? I'm not buying Destiny Orbs, and Normal Summons only give my C and UC spirits. Which I usually use for fusing...

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
If you have SR spirit (not needing Joker), I have SR fire spirit to trade.

Man, unfortunately I dont have an SR at the moment, but if I finally turn up an SR spirit I might ask if you still have the fire SR and trade with you to have fire as my first SR (if you still have it). Curious, could you post a pic of yours?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Again blessing + water but i keep getting only C and few UC spirits :(

Boring? What about this shit(Not mine sadly :( )
2014_03_29_231512.jpg

Ade, his ability deals 800 damage to all enemies and the support ability has 30% of weak counterattack for all allies.

You probably just already know European(Greek?) mythology, American and Asian myths are less known, for this reason they are more interesting, but i still have to see many (awesome imo)Greek mythological creatures.

Toma

Yeah, dunno how eager ppl are trading their SR spirits :p But mine is in trade slot waiting to be traded.

Something different though, I dont assume people would be willing to trade an SR vs multiple rares? How many rares would you want for it? Not sure if asking this is preposterous, but we could do multiple trades with SR - R , C - R , C - R for 3 rares for example.

TheAznOne

Out of 222 Normal Summons I got 1 SR - 6 Rs from it. 3 R from Destiny Summons and 1 R from the event.

EGOMON

The game needs a proper trading hub or something its difficult to find and search for what you need even with spreadsheet we have.

I have traded a few fellow gaffers some SR's and R's that I had no intention of using for UC spirits. If I don't plan on using them and someone else has a legit want or need then I'll usually try to help out.

I have a few good ones stored away for when I see someone post an R or SR Viking/Greek spirit that I want, but other then that space is too limited to hold onto spirits that don't have much use to me.
Awesome, am adding you Reaper for future deals
My ID: Darkologia

Kalamoj

Yeah, and you have my eternal gratitude for that awsome fox lady (my current main fire spirit).

ReaperXL7

The game needs a proper trading hub or something its difficult to find and search for what you need even with spreadsheet we have.

Awesome, am adding you Reaper for future deals
My ID: Darkologia

Np, I'll ax someone at the bottom of my list and add you.

Edit...nevermind for some reason it's not pulling up your ID when I search for it so try and add me ID ReaperXL7

Yeah, and you have my eternal gratitude for that awsome fox lady (my current main fire spirit).

Glad I could help :)

Amn

Neo Member
I've gotten 7 Rs (6 through normal summons, one of which was a repeat, and 1 from the raid). No SRs yet.

Toma

Seriously though, anyone willing to trade SRs for multiple R's? How many would you want?

I might grind a bit to get a few Rs for trade especially for a fire SR.

ReaperXL7

Seriously though, anyone willing to trade SRs for multiple R's? How many would you want?

I might grind a bit to get a few Rs for trade especially for a fire SR.

Depending on the spirit I would be willing to trade an SR for just one R. Where are you located Toma.

Toma

Depending on the spirit I would be willing to trade an SR for just one R. Where are you located Tom's?

Europe, but american account with american spirits, which means I am in the region with the spirits I like the least, haha. And I am sort of desperate with those stupid fire spirits, so a SR Fire would help immensely.

I am currently having these R's lying around that I wouldnt necessarily need:
Ixchel (Water)
Prometheus (Mountain)
Wakan Tanka (Mountain)
Inti (Light)

ReaperXL7

Europe, but american account with american spirits, which means I am in the region with the spirits I like the least, haha.

Lol they aren't all terrible. I personally like the golem/titan looking spirits like Black Body,Blue body etc but those are paid spirits. The Drake,Pheonix,Thunderbird are also pretty cool imo.

It's hard to get a solid picture because a bunch of spirits are locked from view until you find and beat them on the map.

Einherjar

I got a spare Jiangshi, hit me up if you still want one. (look for Khrysler_Jerikho)

Sending friend request, can you put one up for trade, and what element UC / specific NA UC do you want? ID: Ben

Very generous of you, sending a friend request (ID: Ben), hopefully we can do some trades, but I'm sure your assist attack will also help me greatly :p

Toma

Lol they aren't all terrible. I personally like the golem/titan looking spirits like Black Body,Blue body etc but those are paid spirits. The Drake,Pheonix,Thunderbird are also pretty cool imo.

It's hard to get a solid picture because a bunch of spirits are locked from view until you find and beat them on the map.

Might take me a while to unlock the more advanced spirits, which is why I am sort of trying to figure out whether people would be interested in exchanging 3 random Rs or so for an SR they dont need, since my spirits are probably not all that interesting in itself (see the ones I listed above).

Kalamoj

Anyone using iphone tethering for hunts?
I turned every location settings on but DoS still can't see any location data. :(

nicolajNN

For those of you having trouble finding players with the search function, you need to use a person's PSN ID and not the in-game one.

ReaperXL7

Anyone using iphone tethering for hunts?
I turned every location settings on but DoS still can't see any location data. :(

Some people seem to he using Skyhook to help with location ID issues. I don't really know how to use the service myself so maybe someone else can help you with that information.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Probably asked already, but does the game reward Destiny Orbs through normal gameplay, or is the only way to get them through purchase?

ReaperXL7

You can be given some through daily rewards, and you get 30 by answering a survey after the tutorial

That's actually one of the issues I think this game is going to face long term. All of the games people seem to like that are similar to this (puzzles and dragons, Tower of Saviors,Brave Frontier) all give you ample rewards for summoning from the premium gotchas. It also helps that the diamonds/Orbs/etc that you can purchase will usually get you much more then they will in DOS.

In those games a premium summon is usually around 5 of whatever currency they have, so when you purchase 50 you have a solid chance of getting something worthwhile, not to mention that they usually give you some either for clearing a level, or for events. In this the cost is 30 orbs, and you only get 35 for $3, and they don't really give you very many other than a small handful in the very beginning.

They really either need to revamp the currency values, or allow more ways to obtain that currency without paying to keep people coming back in my opinion.

Toma

That's actually one of the issues I think this game is going to face long term. All of the games people seem to like that are similar to this (puzzles and dragons, Tower of Saviors,Brave Frontier) all give you ample rewards for summoning from the premium gotchas. It also helps that the diamonds/Orbs/etc that you can purchase will usually get you much more then they will in DOS.

In those games a premium summon is usually around 5 of whatever currency they have, so when you purchase 50 you have a solid chance of getting something worthwhile. In this the cost is 30 orbs, and you only get 35 for $3.

They really either need to revamp the currency values, or allow more ways to obtain that currency without paying to keep people coming back in my opinion.

I would have disagreed at first, given I was making FAST progression, but yeah, I basically hit a wall now where I cant beat anything without relying too much on my friends spirits, which is why I am trying to keep an eye out for interesting trades in my friends list.

EGOMON

Quick tip:
For those who have limited spirits inventory don't claim the merging spirits (Joker, Prince etc) that you receive form the Baptism event just leave them on your inbox and claim them whenever you need to level up a spirit, those spirits on the inbox doesn't take slots form your inventory.

13515824755_9a8744a5e6_z.jpg

nicolajNN

In those games a premium summon is usually around 5 of whatever currency they have, so when you purchase 50 you have a solid chance of getting something worthwhile, not to mention that they usually give you some either for clearing a level, or for events. In this the cost is 30 orbs, and you only get 35 for $3, and they don't really give you very many other than a small handful in the very beginning.

I tend to agree, most of the Destiny orbs prices seems decent, but 30 for just one advanced summon is too much. I could see myself spending more money on this long term if I could get 3 or 4 summons for $3, as it is now it just doesn't seem worth it

Kalamoj

Quick tip:
For those who have limited spirits inventory don't claim the merging spirits (Joker, Prince etc) that you receive form the Baptism event just leave them on your inbox and claim them whenever you need to level up a spirit, those spirits on the inbox doesn't take slots form your inventory.

13515824755_9a8744a5e6_z.jpg

How did you do all those raids?
I tried it once, my party was obliterated in three rounds (lvl 10-15 rares)

Toma

How did you do all those raids?
I tried it once, my party was obliterated in three rounds (lvl 10-15 rares)

The damage you do on a boss stays for about 2 hours (there is a timer), so you can try 5-9 times hitting on him.

Additionally, always summoning a high level spirit with high HP from a friend is a HUGE help.

Cha

I've been finding raid bosses less of a challenge when having "Bad Luck". Having "bad luck" is actually really good for challenging the current raid bosses, because according to the description, it makes dark spirits attack more powerful against light. Plus spirits are constantly, or more likely to drop spirit points, so you can rent out some uber-strong dark spirits for raid battles. DoS is becoming a little addictive.

Toma

I've been finding raid bosses less of a challenge when having "Bad Luck". Having "bad luck" is actually really good for challenging the current raid bosses, because according to the description, it makes dark spirits attack more powerful against light. Plus spirits are constantly, or more likely to drop spirit points, so you can rent out some uber-strong dark spirits for raid battles. DoS is becoming a little addictive.

A "little", yeah.

I am currently on blessing, but it doesnt affect me too much in that regard as I just switched to attacking with spirits of the daily element (so they get a 50% boost anyway), you just need to have 3 good UC/rares handy of any given element.

To take care of my spirits points dropping off constantly, I started selling all my C spirits, which dont give much of a boost anyway. Since I can grind C/UC easily in the lower levels, thats not much of a loss.

There is a catch for using Joker Merging spirits? Do they work better in Super Rares?

Also, my Aztec and Mayan spirits are cool looking so I have no complains.

Rixa

A "little", yeah.

I am currently on blessing, but it doesnt affect me too much in that regard as I just switched to attacking with spirits of the daily element (so they get a 50% boost anyway), you just need to have 3 good UC/rares handy of any given element.

My problem is that every login day sofar has been Average Luck, I would like to get blessing or great blessing and to go grind low level are for summoning stones.
1. Grind Summonin.stones
2. Summon spirits
3. Merge spirits
4. Grind more.

With average luck I get (2 round battle 4-5 level) usually 24 Summoning stones and 50-200 Spirit Stones. -> Blessing / Great Blessing those Spirit Stones would be Summoning Stones and ofc Bad luck they are even more Spirit Stones.

Being now almost 38k of Spirit Stones and whole the time getting some more, I would really need some spirits to merge my spirits.

Top Bottom