• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

TheAznOne

Much obliged, thank you!

Your welcome! Anyone else need to store let me know here or psn/vita msg (quicker). Still have some time to kill. All this downloading slowing my net down to a crawl lol.

Here's my PSN id to msg fyi: TheAznOne420

Edit: Be back within the hour from this edit. Watching my show now.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Anyone want these UCs? I think they're available from battles only. Otherwise I'll just merge them.

600px-Amazoness.jpg

600px-Tefnut.jpg

putermcgee

Anyone want these UCs? I think they're available from battles only. Otherwise I'll just merge them.
It'll be ages before I get to the Americas in my game.

Most of my spirits from battles and hunts are in Asia, for example, Mazu, Ryomen Sukuna, Aka-ashi, and Wanyudo. If you don't mind getting a C sometimes, just to fill out your collection, I'd be happy to trade.

oni_saru

2hour ish~

I don't know what I will do with this though, didn't like any of the toro spirits besides that UC Kuro.

haha yeah the Toro spirits were kind of nerfed down. The TV spirit had a support skill that was "raises atk by 25%" in the beta. :/ looks like it's only 7% this time around :/

It may come in useful for a trade. I know someone offered me an advanced summon for one of my Kuros. unfortunately for them I'm looking to trade Toro spirit for Toro spirit

Thanks for the trade though!!

Rixa

2hour ish~

I don't know what I will do with this though, didn't like any of the toro spirits besides that UC Kuro.

Were the images same in Beta? I might have lucky there cause I didnt have those stupid pictures, only got Dear Television, Toro & Kuro Together, Newscaster Toro and Newscaster Kuro. Rest of DDI pack pictures I dont like at all, one reason why I didnt bought any (I was thinking to buy, but then I saw pictures).

haha yeah the Toro spirits were kind of nerfed down. The TV spirit had a support skill that was "raises atk by 25%" in the beta. :/ looks like it's only 7% this time around :/
"Kinda" nerfed (same was with all Beta spirits).

Look these 3 Beta DDI spirits.

oni_saru

"Kinda" nerfed (same was with all Beta spirits).

Look these 3 Beta DDI spirits.

yeah I wish the themed summons didn't get nerfed. that way they would have felt even more special and more worthy.

but I guess they did kind of make the game too easy. Remember getting the SR Toro and just owning all the battles.

Rixa

yeah I wish the themed summons didn't get nerfed. that way they would have felt even more special and more worthy.

but I guess they did kind of make the game too easy. Remember getting the SR Toro and just owning all the battles.

Have they tuned Newscaster Toro's support skill which in Beta was already really crap.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Most of my spirits from battles and hunts are in Asia, for example, Mazu, Ryomen Sukuna, Aka-ashi, and Wanyudo. If you don't mind getting a C sometimes, just to fill out your collection, I'd be happy to trade.

Sure, that's no problem with me.
Are we friends already?
I'll put them both up for trade, just send me anything.

EDIT: Send you a FR.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Oh hey Rixa, you had posted before with some theories about Hunting Distance and the chance for SR.

I got a SR from a 2 spirit Hunt when I went up the road to the supermarket.
I'm not 100% sure whether it was a Lucky direction, but definitely just over 2km distance.

We usually call these type of things Pay 2 Win when money only elemenet in game is so much more powerfull than the rest.

Altrough to be fair Lady of the Depths is already getting dangerously close to borderline P2W.

We usually call these type of things Pay 2 Win when money only elemenet in game is so much more powerfull than the rest.

Altrough to be fair Lady of the Depths is already getting dangerously close to borderline P2W.

PFFF.

Koropokkkuru had a better skill set than Queen Kat back in beta!

Passive
Koro: 10% Damage Reduction
Kat: +36% SPD per Light Spirit (aka +1% damage per second)

Active:
Koro: 15s time stop for 50 SP
Kat: 13s time stop for 50 SP

I have free trade slot right now. (Needs to be an immediate trade since I have a pending trade in ~13 hours)

I don't know how much Suzaku is worth, but I'd take your unwanted Tree Jokers! (2?)

oni_saru

Okay did a couple more summons. Ones not marked are what I need. What I have to offer is: 1X UC Pierre, 3X UC Dear Television (of course I'd get this one three times in a row :S), 1X Rare Newscaster Toro, 1X Rare Newscaster Kuro

Kinda hoping to trade the Rares for the SR. ^^'

Rixa

Oh hey Rixa, you had posted before with some theories about Hunting Distance and the chance for SR.

I'm not 100% sure whether it was a Lucky direction, but definitely just over 2km distance.

I assume it was not your first hunt? When your back in your normal place, check from Hunt, what does the last hunt Distance show? Is it 2km or some other number.

FrAsp

Neo Member
I have been lurking here since the game came out. Yeah, since page 1.
Saw this thread and I had to make a NeoGaf account! Today I was able to post! :D

I'm just gonna say that I have been playing this game a lot. And am really active. Add me as a friend if you want, FrAspen is my id.

Take care / FrAsp

I have been lurking here since the game came out. Yeah, since page 1.
Saw this thread and I had to make a NeoGaf account! Today I was able to post! :D

I'm just gonna say that I have been playing this game a lot. And am really active. Add me as a friend if you want, FrAspen is my id.

Take care / FrAsp

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Also, you might want to visit the Vita Thread. It says PSN thread, but it's really just the Vita thread in disguise. :)

1. go to japanese boards
2. ???
3. Get Ame no Uzume and Konohanasakuya

And I didn't have to wait 94 hours for the trade to finish.

If you get a spare Aka-ashi some time I'd love to trade for it, that along with Female Shaman is one of the two Asian region battle spirits I'd like to get hold of.

You've already completed your Glacies? I hate you.

B>More Glacies.

Nah, not even close - after calculating just how many it'd take to max I gave up on that idea - I'd basically be begging Eco for them every single day! I've got enough in storage to break it up to max level though.

econodog

Neo Member

I also only drove a small distance today (approx 2 km) and scored a SR using hunt. I have a 3G vita, and the distance covered was correct since I only received one spirit:

I have been hunting along this drive often and usually only get C's or UC's with a couple Rares since launch. So keep on hunting, you never know when you'll get a SR! It wasn't even a blessing day for me, just average luck.

RpgN

Looking For:
SR offers

Adapative Camouflage
White Buffalo Maiden
Yum Kaax
Ixmucane
Inti
Ziz

Spy Costume Raven
Spy Costume Kat
Spy Costume Yunica

For Trade:
Itzamna
Kokopelli

Tlaloc
Chalchiuhtlicue
Sedna
Kwatee
Hullallo Carhuincho
Pachacamac
Chernobog
Ashura The Evil
Set
Vampire Hunter
Wakan Tanka

Emperor of Fire

I have an inti, gimme your sedna :D

Rixa

I also only drove a small distance today (approx 2 km) and scored a SR using hunt. I have a 3G vita, and the distance covered was correct since I only received one spirit:

I have been hunting along this drive often and usually only get C's or UC's with a couple Rares since launch. So keep on hunting, you never know when you'll get a SR! It wasn't even a blessing day for me, just average luck.

Oh wow. Thanks for the info. I hunted today (Average Water day) 3x UC, luckiest direction was light blue. Good to know, I can do those 37 km hunts 5 days a week (2 per day). This weekend I can do ~40 km hunt on saturday and on sunday ~120 km hunt.

In 2 weeks time I can do (in one day) ~225 km hunt, probably like this:

Going to destination:
- 140 km hunt
- 85 km hunt (destination)

Coming back from destination:
- 85 km hunt
- 140 km hunt (back at home)

Sitting as passenger in car, going to take car charger with me so no worries about battery dyings.

Btw: Congratz for nice SR.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay, after quite a few hours in this game, I can safely say that they really need to introduce some additional types of quests/raids/enemies/whatever. I'm all for the "gotta catch them all" thing, at least in the beginning, but now I just find myself doing the exact same thing, every single day, for weeks on end. There should be daily maps at the very least. Now I have no problem logging in a day, getting my log-in bonus, then closing the app until tomorrow, knowing that I am not missing a single thing. This is especially true when everything load so slowly.

And even with the "gotta catch them all" hook, you can't catch them all because the inventory is so small and can't be expanded. Makes no sense.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Okay, after quite a few hours in this game, I can safely say that they really need to introduce some additional types of quests/raids/enemies/whatever. I'm all for the "gotta catch them all" thing, at least in the beginning, but now I just find myself doing the exact same thing, every single day, for weeks on end. There should be daily maps at the very least. Now I have no problem logging in a day, getting my log-in bonus, then closing the app until tomorrow, knowing that I am not missing a single thing. This is especially true when everything load so slowly.

And even with the "gotta catch them all" hook, you can't catch them all because the inventory is so small and can't be expanded. Makes no sense.

Well you are sort of missing out on progressing in the raid event, but I agree, game needs more special content. I am considering stop playing DoS for a week after today (except for the daily logins) once I got the light joker from the raid event (with the exception of a possible great blessing grinding day)

Well you are sort of missing out on progressing in the raid event, but I agree, game needs more special content. I am considering stop playing DoS for a week after today (except for the daily logins) once I got the light joker from the raid event (with the exception of a possible great blessing grinding day)

It took them 6 months to... practically nothing decent over the beta version. Lots of bad balancing if we're talking about skills, IMO.

We need a DoS 2.0 (with all of our spirits transferring over). It needs a complete overhaul.

Amn

Neo Member

I'm slowing down too, but more because I've gone through all the < 50 level areas. I'm not really able to blast through 5-10 regions in one go anymore. I also have 25+ spirits sitting at 40+ that I can't level anymore because I want to max them out. I'm at the point now where I've started selling UC spirits too because I'm only merging rares. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I've maxed out all the guys that I'm currently working on. Space is really going to become a problem.

oni_saru

And even the gotta catch them all hook isn't even that strong since no sense of accomplishment.

They should have added a library/record showing when you've had a summon in possession. This would make trading even more important. Ppl would want even shitty trades just to get their library/stat filled.

I feel like the devs ignored ppl's beta survey suggestions cuz we basically got the same game except slightly improved loading and nerfed summons :/

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Yeah, getting the joker of light is my only goal, but I only need 50 or so more to get it, which is pretty easy to do in a week. I'm taking a break and playing Demon Gaze in the meantime until they add some stuff. Hell, at least give me a way to look at the character art or something.

I'm slowing down too, but more because I've gone through all the < 50 level areas. I'm not really able to blast through 5-10 regions in one go anymore. I also have 25+ spirits sitting at 40+ that I can't level anymore because I want to max them out. I'm at the point now where I've started selling UC spirits too because I'm only merging rares. I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I've maxed out all the guys that I'm currently working on. Space is really going to become a problem.

Susanoo's missing. So they can probably release a new batch of spirits.

They should also reduce the amount of time for trades based on the "average" level of the spirits.

SR (SR to SR) = 100% (current one)
R = 50%
UC = 10%
C = 1%

Either ways, today I got:
Ame no Uzume
Konohanasakuya
Takemikazuchi
And got rid of three Ebisu.

For less than what they go for in most trading communities. LOL.

It's a good day!

RpgN

Sounds good - not sure what your ID is but send a friend invite at darkside31337, I put up the Sedna

You've been added. As soon as you accept, I'll sent the Inti your way :)

And even the gotta catch them all hook isn't even that strong since no sense of accomplishment.

They should have added a library/record showing when you've had a summon in possession. This would make trading even more important. Ppl would want even shitty trades just to get their library/stat filled.

I feel like the devs ignored ppl's beta survey suggestions cuz we basically got the same game except slightly improved loading and nerfed summons :/

I'm not entirely sure if it's meant to be a gotta catch 'em all game. It seems as if the game is all about social elements. With the support of others, beat the game and create your ultimate team. At least that's how it feels to me.

So far I'm still not bored with the game. Planning my time around it, picking it up for a couple of minutes mutiple times a day is good enough.

Though it does have problems of course. Dealing less with maintenance is one. And streamlining the process with less loading times is better too. Because of how slow the process is, I mostly turn the game on while doing something else.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Susanoo's missing. So they can probably release a new batch of spirits.

I'm slowing down too

Your welcome! Anyone else need to store let me know here or psn/vita msg (quicker). Still have some time to kill. All this downloading slowing my net down to a crawl lol.

What are your favourite spirits?

I just got my first SR through a hunt of only 1 spirt (I always get one spirit from work/home distance). I'm so excited I could cry. :)

I realized I'm trying to raise too many spirits at the same time and that is making my team underleveled... I have some tough decisions to make today.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I just got my first SR through a hunt of only 1 spirt (I always get one spirit from work/home distance). I'm so excited I could cry. :)

I realized I'm trying to raise too many spirits at the same time and that is making my team underleveled... I have some tough decisions to make today.

I'm in the same exact boat, I just hit a brick wall once the boss levels got over 50 or so. I have way too many spirits hovering around level 25 basically.

Do you still need Ixmucane? I would really need a Ashura the Evil for some level breaking.

Sure but unfortunately I have no open trade slots for about 5 hours.

Toma

Reward for defeating 300 Raid Bosses: Joker of Light.

*hears angel choirs singing*

Amn

Neo Member
What are your favourite spirits?

I'm pretty close to maxing out all three of the Spy Costumes, and they are just all-around awesome. Their speed is surprisingly what I like most about them, they hit hard and often. I'm also a big fan of the 150% single target for 35 spirit points guys (Wakan Tanka, Yum Kaax, Freyja, Kanaloa, Prometheus...). They are my workhorses for boss battles. For regular battles, on the other hand I really like the 100% AOE for 45 spirit points guys (Ixchel, Wyvern, Perun, Ebisu...). The great thing about these guys is that they are plentiful. I made the mistake early of focusing on advanced summons (Black Body, White Body, Koro-pok-guru, Spy Costumes...) and Asian and Euro spirits that are tougher to get my hands on (Benzaiten, Heremod...) and they are just languishing now in the low 40's or at some level cap. They were great at first, but it's not going to be possible to get them maxed without spending too much money or constantly digging for trades.

The queen though is Lady of the Depths. She's an unstoppable force. I have to stop myself from dropping tons of cash on GR summons to max her out.

Edit: And Barong, of course.

Top Bottom