• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Reward for defeating 300 Raid Bosses: Joker of Light.
*hears angel choirs singing*

Toma, is there a way to "farm" Princes?
Or are their drops pre-determined?

I'm pretty close to maxing out all three of the Spy Costumes, and they are just all-around awesome. Their speed is surprisingly what I like most about them, they hit hard and often. I'm also a big fan of the 150% single target for 35 spirit points guys (Wakan Tanka, Yum Kaax, Freyja, Kanaloa, Prometheus...). They are my workhorses for boss battles. For regular battles, on the other hand I really like the 100% AOE for 45 spirit points guys (Ixchel, Wyvern, Perun, Ebisu...). The great thing about these guys is that they are plentiful. I made the mistake early of focusing on advanced summons (Black Body, White Body, Koro-pok-guru, Spy Costumes...) and Asian and Euro spirits that are tougher to get my hands on (Benzaiten, Heremod...) and they are just languishing now in the low 40's or at some level cap. They were great at first, but it's not going to be possible to get them maxed without spending too much money or constantly digging for trades.

The queen though is Lady of the Depths. She's an unstoppable force. I have to stop myself from dropping tons of cash on GR summons to max her out.

I I have the ones highlighted... they are awesome, but I'm not a fan of Wakan... HP is too low to have any staying power. Then again, he is still level 8 here.

RpgN

My current trade list:

1x Ogma (R)
1x Miroku (R)
2x Ashura the Evil (R)

I'm unsure whether to part of those but might consider it:

2x Veles (R)
1x Balor (Adv R)

Want:

Belobog (High Priority)
Prometheus
Freya
Sedna (Low Priority)

accepted the friend req, thanks

You're welcome. Looks like we're going to have to wait for 6 hours.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
As far as "looks" go, I fucking love this guy:

600px-Mictlantecuhtli.jpg

He's not the strongest R tho...

Cleaned up and avatarized:
YCJAEy6.png

Toma, is there a way to "farm" Princes?
Or are their drops pre-determined.

Sure, just check out some areas where you got a prince and grind a whole day. Should net you around 10-15 princes.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Wait, you just hit the 300 mark? I thought you already passed it awhile ago. I passed 300 a couple of days ago.

I was on vacation last week, otherwise I would have hit it a week earlier, yeah.

What are your favourite spirits?

PUMP-drawn spirits
Spy Costumes
VOFAN
White Saxon Dragon (the only dragon that goes "I'M FABULOUS! HERE'S MY AURA!")

If there's one Spirit I'm weirdly drawn to, it's Spy Yunica. I haven't played the DLC yet, but every time I look at the illust and see that grin on her face. I keep thinking "That's not the Yunica I know!" and then makes me wanna buy the DLC, LOL.

Small tidbit: In the JP version
UC Kat = Gravity Kitten (Kitten is her JP name)
UC Raven = Gravity Crow (same as above)
UC Yunica = Seawasp Yunica
Spy Costume Kat = Catsuit Kitten (same pattern to others)

They don't like "Catsuit Kat" LOL.

Princes are random and dependent on which element you are battling. Even if you have a prince show up, you will still need to have it drop during battle which is mostly 1/4 chance of it happening.

Where did you get the 1/4 chance? The droprate for spirits in this game has been nerfed to kingdom come, based on experience. :/

Toma has his infamous ~15 princes in 133 hours. I can count all the princes that dropped for me in my hands, LOL. I'm 75 hours in.

Amn

Neo Member
Where did you get the 1/4 chance? The droprate for spirits in this game has been nerfed to kingdom come, based on experience. :/

Toma has his infamous ~15 princes in 133 hours. I can count all the princes that dropped for me in my hands, LOL. I'm 75 hours in.

When I'm grinding on great blessing days, I can easily end up with ~5-10 princes (almost all earth because I do my grinding on a 3-battle earth encounter).

oni_saru

You've been added. As soon as you accept, I'll sent the Inti your way :)

I'm not entirely sure if it's meant to be a gotta catch 'em all game. It seems as if the game is all about social elements. With the support of others, beat the game and create your ultimate team. At least that's how it feels to me.

So far I'm still not bored with the game. Planning my time around it, picking it up for a couple of minutes mutiple times a day is good enough.

Though it does have problems of course. Dealing less with maintenance is one. And streamlining the process with less loading times is better too. Because of how slow the process is, I mostly turn the game on while doing something else.

Well during beta when many of us were figuring out what type of game it was, i felt the game was a social/catch em all type of thing. I remember ppl wanting certain summons that now aren't desirable simply cuz they're A) useless B) no collecting incentive.

Coming back into the game and seeing not many huge changes from the beta, i think the focus changed to just getting our summons maxed.

Trading is the main social aspect of this game i enjoy the best. However, they didn't fix how cumbersome it is to trade. In the beta i had more random trades but now, the trades are more planned. I don't think many ppl bother going through every friend with trades up. I don't even check as often as i did in the beta.

They really should have made a trade section with better communication in game (maybe a comment section with us inputting things like "looking for dark rares, asn summons, etc). Instead we have to rely on outside means to communicate if we want a specic summon.

I still enjoy this game. But i still feel a bit disappointed they didn't change some issues ppl brought up when the beta was over

dallow_bg

nods at old men
When I'm grinding on great blessing days, I can easily end up with ~5-10 princes (almost all earth because I do my grinding on a 3-battle earth encounter).

Yeah, I did a day and a half of grinding on a 3 battle earth spot too and got about 9 princes or so. Of various types.

TheAznOne

I've been farming ever since the first of the month and its fucking tiring. Not even a average day yet so far so I can take a day off. I had 3 GB, 2BL,2 Blessings days so far and I don't want them to go to waste.

I have been taking notes for farming which zones, what the elements are, the level, how many enemies are in the battle, the drop rate for those battles, etc. From my exp so far, I got a prince drop at least from every 4-5 prince appearances in the battle. This does not include the drop rate of regular spirits which is def higher than the prince drops. maybe 3:1 even 4:1 ratio drop.

Toma

If there's one Spirit I'm weirdly drawn to, it's Spy Yunica. I haven't played the DLC yet, but every time I look at the illust and see that grin on her face. I keep thinking "That's not the Yunica I know!" and then makes me wanna buy the DLC, LOL.

IIVsWXx.png

YCJAEy6.png

Sure, just check out some areas where you got a prince and grind a whole day. Should net you around 10-15 princes.

Thanks on both!

Princes are random and dependent on which element you are battling. Even if you have a prince show up, you will still need to have it drop during battle which is mostly 1/4 chance of it happening.

Wait, so prince appearences are random? If I repeat a bettle where I was a prince he will not be there anymore? That kinda kills grinding purposes...

Toma

Thanks on both!

Wait, so prince appearences are random? If I repeat a bettle where I was a prince he will not be there anymore? That kinda kills grinding purposes...

Yeah, they are random, but I got the impression that some battles have a higher chance of them spawning them. And in the end, you can still grind the princes, but it will take a lot of time spent on grinding, which in turn will give you a LOT of orbs/stones as well.

Code:
UC Chameleon
Fukurokuju
Shennong
SR Suzaku/Vermillion Bird
Bunyip
Huallallo Carhuincho
[s]Hotei[/s] For Azn
Juurojin
[s]Pandora[/s] For Azn
Wakan Tanka x2
UC Scrap Shark
Prometheus
Perun x2
Bishamonten
UC Scrap Octopus
Benzaiten x3
[s]Captain Cook[/s]
UC Sin

Ziz x2
Asura the Evil x5 (for Ninetails only, coz I plan to raise one. :/)
Miroku

Need:
Ninetails
Tree/Water Joker
Queens
Asura the Evil
Ziz (coz

Edit:
Thanks but I prefer to keep being avatarless. >_<

TheAznOne

17 hours away before I hit the 360 hour mark for that B rank.

Does anyone in VitaGAF need Suzaku?

Code:
UC Chameleon
Fukurokuju
Shennong
SR Suzaku/Vermillion Bird
Bunyip
Huallallo Carhuincho
Hotei
Juurojin
Pandora
Wakan Tanka x2
UC Scrap Shark
Prometheus
Perun x2
Bishamonten
UC Scrap Octopus
Benzaiten x3
Captain Cook (Nezha only)
UC Sin
[/QUOTE]

Hotei and Pandora for my Wood Joker?

17 hours away before I hit the 360 hour mark for that B rank.

Hotei and Pandora for my Wood Joker?

WTF, do you have your Vita open all the time or something?

Now I wonder how much time Toma has logged. O_O.

Edit: Sure, but slots are full. I'd put them up tomorrow when I wake up.

You are a lesser person without an avatar. Join us. Join us. Join us.

Noooooo. I don't want an avatar since I'm still a Junior Member at heart!

TheAznOne

WTF, do you have your Vita open all the time or something?

Now I wonder how much time Toma has logged. O_O.

Edit: Sure, but slots are full. I'd put them up tomorrow when I wake up.

Haha. There was a few nights I fell asleep playing so that added some time but mostly I have my vita running all the time especially since I got this game.

That's fine with me. I don't think I have you on my friends, so I will most likely need your id to add you after I make room on my friendslist.

Haha. There was a few nights I fell asleep playing so that added some time but mostly I have my vita running all the time especially since I got this game.

That's fine with me. I don't think I have you on my friends, so I will most likely need your id to add you after I make room on my friendslist.

PM.

I also need Water Jokers.
Edit:

Forgot to say I have a full slot (for getting rid of the Ebisu; finally YAY!). Will have to wait until tomorrow morning.

TheAznOne

310 hours, but I didnt fall asleep :p

I would probably have around 320-325 hours if I didn't fall asleep those 3 nights playing this.

Well...how can you not remember it?

yes I am in amerika
Not thinking straight when I could've just went to your profile to find out lol. Still need some farm location. Try this area. -10.+6(middle canada) Has a wood and metal you can farm. Metal is lvl15 with 1 battle/5 enemies while Wood is lvl16 1 batt/ 5 enemies.

Jhriad

So the game just told me that I can't use orbs to expand my spirit list any further. Is this a limit based on my rank or is it a hard limit?

Toma

I would probably have around 320-325 hours if I didn't fall asleep those 3 nights playing this.

In any case, we are all insane.

So the game just told me that I can't use orbs to expand my spirit list any further. Is this a limit based on my rank or is it a hard limit?

Stupidest hard limit I've come across in ages.

Using orbs, you can only expand up to 45 more slots. For others, you have to free the world from the clutch of evil spirits. or something.

Jhriad

Stupidest hard limit I've come across in ages.

Yeah, I'm surprised they'd set a limit on something that I would imagine a lot of hardcore players would be interested in spending money on. That's inevitably what got me to start spending money in Puzzle & Dragons.

Toma

Yeah, I'm surprised they'd set a limit on something that I would imagine a lot of hardcore players would be interested in spending money on. That's inevitably what got me to start spending money in Puzzle & Dragons.

I would have started collecting all spirits aaages ago, if not for that limit.

baekshi

Banned
Not thinking straight when I could've just went to your profile to find out lol. Still need some farm location. Try this area. -10.+6(middle canada) Has a wood and metal you can farm. Metal is lvl15 with 1 battle/5 enemies while Wood is lvl16 1 batt/ 5 enemies.

Thanks

Anyone got a gunslinger , I need to limit break ~

Rixa

What are your favourite spirits?

Has to be Barong. Due to his uber support skill. Its so awesome, it helped me alot earlier when farming with low level spirits was kinda tough.

I did trade Barong to SR Artemis and it was brilliant deal. My other favourite spirit is now at 65 level Cuhullin.

After those two, my favourite spirits are these little cannonfodder spirits.
Got few Light versions in mailbox too.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
Thanks

Anyone got a gunslinger , I need to limit break ~

pretty sure I have one in my inbox, what do you have?

Has to be Barong. Due to his uber support skill. Its so awesome, it helped me alot earlier when farming with low level spirits was kinda tough.

I did trade Barong to SR Artemis and it was brilliant deal. My other favourite spirit is now at 65 level Cuhullin.

After those two, my favourite spirits are these little cannonfodder spirits.

Got few Light versions in mailbox too.

My favorite so far is Guan Yu, Aphrodite, T-rex, Izanagi, whitesaxon dragon, LotD, and Orca. One for each of the elements.

Also a big fan of Princes and Queens.

Rixa

You guys put me to shame. I only have 176.

Few stats of mine:
- Areas freed 96
- Battles 3122
- Defeated Spirits 17681
- One-Hit Spirit Knockouts 13924
- Spirits Acquired in Battle 313
- Spirits Merged 729 times
- Hunts 50
- Total Distance (Hunts) 2747 km
- Spirits Summoned 1909
- Total Acquired SR Spirits (would be nice to know summoned amount) 29
- 5 GB days, 8 BL days
- Gameplay time 195 hours.

Yup Ive been grindin alot.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You guys put me to shame. I only have 176.

I always find it funny when people (not saying you) say "i'll never give a dime to F2P games", yet we all get dozens/hundreds of hours of enjoyment from them.

Amn

Neo Member
I always find it funny when people (not saying you) say "i'll never give a dime to F2P games", yet we all get dozens/hundreds of hours of enjoyment from them.

I wish I could say that... I'm already $60 in. Maxing Spy Costumes is no joke.

Honey Bunny

For trade:

Joker of Light
Joker of Wood
Joker of Water
Toutatis
Shennong
Cernunnos
Ogma
(ADV) Spy Raven, Raven, Macha

Looking for:

Spy Yunica
Spy Kat
Valkyrie!!
Heremod
Prometheus

Amn

Neo Member
Few stats of mine:

My turn!

- Areas Freed 188
- Missions Cleared 526
- Battles 3221
- Defeated Spirits 16945
- One-Hit Spirit Knockouts 11465
- Spirits Acquired in Battle 302
- Spirits Merged 1504
- Hunts 88
- Total Distance (Hunts) 406 km
- Spirits Summoned 4082
- Trades 101
- Total Acquired Spirits 4819
- Total Acquired R Spirits 281
- Total Acquired SR Spirits 28
- Total Acquired Summoning Stones 1007484
- 7 GB days, 5 BL days
- Gameplay time 176 hours.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I wish I could say that... I'm already $60 in. Maxing Spy Cosutmes is no joke.

I'm sure I'm over $60 at this point. For better or worse, since there's a lack of good new spirits, I haven't spent anything in a while.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So I just got a thunderbird from a hunt

600px-Thunderbird.jpg

(woot trip to new york, gunslinger too), anyone want?

What are you looking for?

I got a Kokopelli and an Itzamna available if you're looking for SR.

Will also give a bunch of rares from my list -

Looking For:
SR offers

Adapative Camouflage
White Buffalo Maiden
Yum Kaax
Ixmucane
Ziz

Spy Costume Raven
Spy Costume Kat
Spy Costume Yunica

For Trade: