• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Kalamoj

The damage you do on a boss stays for about 2 hours (there is a timer), so you can try 5-9 times hitting on him.

Additionally, always summoning a high level spirit with high HP from a friend is a HUGE help.
Killing them once is ok, but how people beat the lvl 15+ raid bosses?

sakipon

They really either need to revamp the currency values, or allow more ways to obtain that currency without paying to keep people coming back in my opinion.

Well, they are giving out 35 orbs to PS+ members every month (atleast in some regions, not sure if it was confirmed for everywhere?). Those aren't technically free, but it's something.

ReaperXL7

Well, they are giving out 35 orbs to PS+ members every month (atleast in some regions, not sure if it was confirmed for everywhere?). Those aren't technically free, but it's something.

That has not happened in the US at this point. At least not to my knowledge as I don't see it anywhere on the US store.

My problem is that every login day sofar has been Average Luck, I would like to get blessing or great blessing and to go grind low level are for summoning stones.
1. Grind Summonin.stones
2. Summon spirits
3. Merge spirits
4. Grind more.

With average luck I get (2 round battle 4-5 level) usually 24 Summoning stones and 50-200 Spirit Stones. -> Blessing / Great Blessing those Spirit Stones would be Summoning Stones and ofc Bad luck they are even more Spirit Stones.

Being now almost 38k of Spirit Stones and whole the time getting some more, I would really need some spirits to merge my spirits.

I got great bleassing two days straight.

baekshi

Banned
Two more ;o

finally got a SR
BkAF0A5IYAAL6Y5.jpg

baekshi

Banned
Are there some restrictions for trading across regions? I tried a trade with a friend earlier, but for some reason after choosing their trade offer, my page of eligible spirits was empty.
No, but if the person you're trading with is far, its going to take more hours lol

You can only do trade once at a time(with one friend) though there's way around that. So I put one up for a request and he also puts one up for request.

Holy hell, I wish I could make a trade like that =O
second vita ;p

ReaperXL7

Got room for me as well? I added you a bit ago, I think you mightve missed my post earlier.

Done.

At the moment I have 2 water spirits up for trade and one wood all R. Still debating on trading some others. I definitely need to expand my collection size.

Pbae

No, but if the person you're trading with is far, its going to take more hours lol

You can only do trade once at a time(with one friend) though there's way around that. So I put one up for a request and he also puts one up for request.

second vita ;p

Ahhh good to know. I just ordered a lime green one :D

Aerocrane

Anyone using iphone tethering for hunts?
I turned every location settings on but DoS still can't see any location data. :(

Keep retrying, worked just fine for me when I tethered while on the bus today. It usually took me a couple tries for the game to get location data.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Done.

At the moment I have 2 water spirits up for trade and one wood all R. Still debating on trading some others. I definitely need to expand my collection size.

Sent you a PM, let me know if you arent interested, then I might post them here :)

jengo

There is a catch for using Joker Merging spirits? Do they work better in Super Rares?

Also, my Aztec and Mayan spirits are cool looking so I have no complains.
I used a water joker on my rare water spirit and it didn't give much XP at all... The rare was lvl 10/20, and I would've expected the merge to level it up at least to 11.

Amn

Neo Member
Are you guys seeing a disproportionate amount of Inti in Baptism of Light? I'm at Inti level 21, but only Belobog level 7 and Miroku level 8.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Are you guys seeing a disproportionate amount of Inti in Baptism of Light? I'm at Inti level 21, but only Belobog level 7 and Miroku level 8.

Yeah, Inti is the worst of the 3, so you get to fight him over and over to have a chance to get the better ones. I currently need to defeat Inti Level 26 to get Miroku Level 15. At least I got the Belobog one already.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I think it might be region based again? I'm seeing a ton of Inti as well, and I'm in America.

Toma

I think it might be region based again? I'm seeing a ton of Inti as well, and I'm in America.

Inti is clearly worse than at least Belbog stats wise, so I'd really bet on Inti having a higher chance and serving as a "wall" (aka Lvl 25-30 Inti) before you can get a chance to get the better lvl 15 fights of the other spirits.

Listonosh

Out of 222 Normal Summons I got 1 SR - 6 Rs from it. 3 R from Destiny Summons and 1 R from the event.

Damn those odds are pretty shitty. I've normal summoned the entire time I've played so far and nothing higher than a UC. My only SR I have is from one of those daily player summonings where you and the other person get a monster to keep. That's it though.

Just started playing this game. Pretty neat so far. I added myself to the google doc. I'll try to add some people next time I log in. In the meantime, add me!

Toma

Question for those at around 25+ freed regions, how are you dealing with the region bosses? Since it now takes up to 4 rounds to get rid of the sidekick enemies, I just tended to ignore them and always attack the bosses instead (since those 4 rounds are like 3500 damage), but that is becoming increasingly more difficult.

Do you guys take out the sub-enemies first?

Einherjar

Question for those at around 25+ freed regions, how are you dealing with the region bosses? Since it now takes up to 4 rounds to get rid of the sidekick enemies, I just tended to ignore them and always attack the bosses instead (since those 4 rounds are like 3500 damage), but that is becoming increasingly more difficult.

I pay the 600-1000 stones to rent someones gg SR unit that has elemental advantage, and kill the adds only if they are a different element from the boss. If they're dealing half damage I ignore the adds.

Toma

I pay the 600-1000 stones to rent someones gg SR unit that has elemental advantage, and kill the adds only if they are a different element from the boss. If they're dealing half damage I ignore the adds.

How far are you in so far?

Amn

Neo Member

I'm at exactly 25 freed regions and I still focus on the boss. Only a few bosses have given me a big problem. I try to rent spirits that have high HP so they absorb as much damage as possible.

Toma

I'm at exactly 25 freed regions and I still focus on the boss. Only a few bosses have given me a big problem. I try to rent spirits that have high HP so they absorb as much damage as possible.

Yeah, thats my tactic so far as well, but I am now at 32 and that tactic is becoming increasingly unsustainable with 7000 HP bosses and 4 900HP sidekicks.

Amn

Neo Member
Yeah, thats my tactic so far as well, but I am now at 32 and that tactic is becoming increasingly unsustainable with 7000 HP bosses and 4 900HP sidekicks.
Well that sounds terrible. Do you have any powerful spirits with a good AOE skill? Though I guess even then, 900 HP is too high for that to be effective unless you have the elements on your side.

Toma

Well that sounds terrible. Do you have any powerful spirits with a good AOE skill? Though I guess even then, 900 HP is too high for that to be effective unless you have the elements on your side.

I am trying that, but its nowhere near effective enough, especially considering I prefer using an SR friend spirit to push 1000 damage with the skill onto the boss, which would be missing if you do a lot of AOE'ing.

EGOMON

I rent spirit that change the element to my advantage and just focus on the boss, if i can't find that kind of spirits i rent one with high HP and ATK and let it attack the boss while i use one of my spirit to kill the sidekick while the other focuses on the boss.
Edit: I also tend to use spirits with special attack that deal damage to all enemies this way you attack the boss and the sidekicks at the same time

Toma

I rent spirit that change the element to my advantage and just focus on the boss, if i can't find that kind of spirits i rent one with high HP and ATK and let it attack the boss while i use one of my spirit to kill the sidekick while the other focuses on the boss.
Edit: I also tend to use spirits with special attack that deal damage to all enemies this way you attack the boss and the sidekicks at the same time

If you decide to use one spirit to kill the sidekicks, wouldnt it be more useful to kill all of them as fast as possible? If you kill them faster, you get less damage and your first attacker will sooner be "free" to attack the boss as well.

EGOMON

If you decide to use one spirit to kill the sidekicks, wouldnt it be more useful to kill all of them as fast as possible? If you kill them faster, you get less damage and your first attacker will sooner be "free" to attack the boss as well.

Currently i can kill the sidekicks with one attack or two if i am unlucky so my two other spirits are focusing all their attack on the boss, it really depend on your spirits and the situation not to mention your daily element. Also am at 23 freed area maybe am not facing the harder bosses you guys are fighting now.

Toma

Finally got Miroku after 60 event battles. Not sure whether I'll go for the 100 battles reward of 6000 summoning stones though, those level 25+ Inti battles are heavily annoying with my current spirits.

EGOMON

Finally got Miroku after 60 event battles. Not sure whether I'll go for the 100 battles reward of 6000 summoning stones though, those level 25+ Inti battles are heavily annoying with my current spirits.

Maybe its time to beef up your spirits, am waiting for my luck to change to at least blessing to start freeing areas again and farm Summoning Stones

jengo

What do the "people" symbols mean on certain squares on the map? They have 2 numbers next to them...Friends' locations? Spirit drops (for the numbers)?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Can someone explain the character ratings to me. I summoned something that has a rating of "R". What does that mean? Rare? C is common, UC is ... ultra common? R is rare? Just guessing.

Toma

Can someone explain the character ratings to me. I summoned something that has a rating of "R". What does that mean? Rare? C is common, UC is ... ultra common? R is rare? Just guessing.

Uncommon actually, and then there is also SR - super rare.

Top Bottom