• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

nicolajNN

What do the "people" symbols mean on certain squares on the map? They have 2 numbers next to them...Friends' locations? Spirit drops (for the numbers)?
I think it has to do with friends, the top number is how many friends you have who are in that area, the lower one is how many people from your compatible/suggestion list. Not completely sure though

Can someone explain the character ratings to me. I summoned something that has a rating of "R". What does that mean? Rare? C is common, UC is ... ultra common? R is rare? Just guessing.

C = Common, UC = Uncommon, R = Rare and SR = Super Rare

Grinchy

Banned
OMG I'm finally done with Bad Luck...maybe now I can get some damn summoning stones and power up these spirits. I still only have one R after 130ish summons.

That Excalibur on the previous page would suit my new spirit :D

kKAtdeN.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Wasted raid points to save someone on friend list, beat the boss and you don't even get the reward. Only the blue orbs :(

Yeah, thats a bit stupid, but later on you might actually notice that blue orbs are harder to come by once you cash out 600 every battle and this is at least a way to restock on orbs if you dont want any more event battles.

Grinchy

Banned
For the trophy that comes from completing your first trade, does it not count if you didn't start the trade? I traded with some guy on my buddy list and it didn't pop.

cyborg009

Banned
Something not from America. I hate our spirits. :p

If you have any interesting rares from another region, I'd be up for a trade.

C level tho...

For the trophy that comes from completing your first trade, does it not count if you didn't start the trade? I traded with some guy on my buddy list and it didn't pop.

They have to offer a trade to you and not the other way around for the trophy to appear.

TheAznOne

Yeah, thats a bit stupid, but later on you might actually notice that blue orbs are harder to come by once you cash out 600 every battle and this is at least a way to restock on orbs if you dont want any more event battles.

Man I'm about 71K+ Spirit Points and counting. Hovering around 35-40K Summoning Stones the last 2 days. Been renting 500+ spirits during battles, merging unneeded spirits and it seems like Spirit Points is not going down not matter what I do while I'm not getting much from the Stones. I would prefer to get summoning stones to gamble more.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Man I'm about 71K+ Spirit Points and counting. Hovering around 35-40K Summoning Stones the last 2 days. Been renting 500+ spirits during battles, merging unneeded spirits and it seems like Spirit Points is not going down not matter what I do while I'm not getting much from the Stones. I would prefer to get summoning stones to gamble more.

You've just got to hit a Blessed or Greater Blessed status. You'll be rolling in them.

Rixa

I had Great Blessings day 1 and 2. Now I've been having just average luck since then. Should've farmed a bunch on those days.

Yeah. Waiting the Great Blessing day. Havent logged today so I dunno what is my luck, hopefulyl something else than average luck. In raid My Belobog is now 19 and Inti is 4 and 3rd raid boss is at 9.

Inorder to get more areas and raids done I seriously need more spirits to merge Highest R is at 17 and area chaos spirits do start atleast from 19.

In this game Average luck = shitties luck of all.

TheAznOne

Check your ingame mail for 35 Tokens.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/players/dos/en/important/compensation_for_the_server_downtime_on_thursday_27th_march.html

31 Mar 2014
Compensation for the server downtime on Thursday, 27th March.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused by the server problems that happened on Thursday, 27th March.

As a token of our apology, we have delivered 35 Distiny Orbs during the maintenance on 31st March.
Please receive them via [Communicate]→[Mailbox] in the game.

Thank you for playing "Destiny of Spirits".

Ventara

Woot! Just got the 35 free Destiny Orbs from "Admins" as an "Apology." For what? Maintenance? Well, anyways, I'm sitting at 45 now and am wondering whether I should blow it all on increasing spirit collection size, or if I should try my hand at a Destiny Summon.

Oh, and I finally got my first Blessing Luck today after 4 Average days. Should I start going through the 20K of Spirit Stones I have, or should I wait for a Great Blessing? Does the luck even affect the draw?

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't even know there was a server downtime on Thursday lol

I hope they make more mistakes in the future so I can get more free orbs.

RalchAC

I think I'm going to use those 35 orbs they gifted me for adding more slots for my spirit collection. With 27 I was struggling. I'm now at 32 and I'll update if I feel I need more. If not, those stones will stay in my virtual wallet.

BTW, I've just put on "trade" a R spirit. I've just gotten one with the same skills but slightly better stats (and it's better looking imo :D). What I need the most is a leader for my water spirits. A decent Fire/Metal rare would be welcome too. Don't have interest in Earth (it's my most developed element).

Rixa

I think I'm going to use those 35 orbs they gifted me for adding more slots for my spirit collection. With 27 I was struggling. I'm now at 32 and I'll update if I feel I need more. If not, those stones will stay in my virtual wallet.

15 slots more make wonders. Iam saving my orbs to the day when "Doko Demo Issyo" comes: Hopefully by the time I have atleast 60 so I can summon twice to try getting Toro & Kuro.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?

BTW, I've just put on "trade" a R spirit. I've just gotten one with the same skills but slightly better stats (and it's better looking imo :D). What I need the most is a leader for my water spirits. A decent Fire/Metal rare would be welcome too. Don't have interest in Earth (it's my most developed element).
I actually have a Rare Water and an extra Rare Fire. I've been wanting to ditch the extra and one of the waters for the longest time. I sent you a friend request. Let me fix my trade slots.

RalchAC

I actually have a Rare Water and an extra Rare Fire. I've been wanting to ditch the extra and one of the waters for the longest time. I sent you a friend request. Let me fix my trade slots.

Ok. Any of those will be welcome.

A raid boss has just killed me... he had 25hp left. I'm pissed.

Edit: Done Coolasj. I'll come again when I have something interesting to get that fire spirit. I don't really like my Vampire Hunter :(

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Today is bad luck + metal, i guess i won't complain about the lack of R or SR summons lol.
I challenged fate and summoned a spirit with a friend with 84% affinity and bad luck, i got an UC i already have that i used for a fusion, in the end was not that bad, it could have been a C lol...

Do you people grind a lot? I mean do you replay missions to get rewards?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Ok. Any of those will be welcome.

A raid boss has just killed me... he had 25hp left. I'm pissed.

Edit: Done Coolasj. I'll come again when I have something interesting to get that fire spirit. I don't really like my Vampire Hunter :(
It's most likely just gonna stay there for a while. Eek! That Vampire Hunter's ability is Insanely costly. I was gonna beg for a light spirit to join my FAIRY ARMY, but I'll just keep grinding out until I get the Event mob.

RalchAC

Today is bad luck + metal, i guess i won't complain about the lack of R or SR summons lol.
I challenged fate and summoned a spirit with a friend with 84% affinity and bad luck, i got an UC i already have that i used for a fusion, in the end was not that bad, it could have been a C lol...

Do you people grind a lot? I mean do you replay missions to get rewards?

I'm not that far yet, I think I have like 15-20 areas conquered.

About the Bad Luck, you should go ahead and defeat as many bosses as you could. Dark Spirits > Light Spirits when you have that fate.

It's most likely just gonna stay there for a while. Eek! That Vampire Hunter's ability is Insanely costly. I was gonna beg for a light spirit to join my FAIRY ARMY, but I'll just keep grinding out until I get the Event mob.

If I get another R light spirit I'll send it to you :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Are we supposed to add friends within the game or via PSN?

Within the game, but with the PSN handle via the Options menu or just in the suggested friends list.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm not that far yet, I think I have like 15-20 areas conquered.

About the Bad Luck, you should go ahead and defeat as many bosses as you could. Dark Spirits > Light Spirits when you have that fate.
I'm not far too, just 14 conquered areas, and i don't grind yet but i'm starting to go low on crystals(5000) and since i have only a single R spirit(Ice Knack) i have to buy lots of spirits to level up my UC ones if i want to go on :(

Toma

I'm not far too, just 14 conquered areas, and i don't grind yet but i'm starting to go low on crystals(5000) and since i have only a single R spirit(Ice Knack) i have to buy lots of spirits to level up my UC ones if i want to go on :(

You'll need to start grinding with blessing on low level enemies for summon stone drops, no way around that. I did that for a few hours on the weekend to summon 100 spirits or so, out of which I got ~6 rares and tons of UC to level up.

Rixa

Are we supposed to add friends within the game or via PSN?

Games own friendlist is kinda annoying. Got 30/30 in friendslist and atleast 30 asking to be my friend in game. Only way to increase is taking areas and killing theis bosses. Yeah not so easy. Tho I understand, the more you have friends the more you can benefit from them.

I would like to add fellow VitaGAFers to my flist. Maybe I need to wait sometime to see who still plays this and who not.

Month is changing, do we have new login bonuses? If so Iam going to miss 10 orbs.

Toma

Games own friendlist is kinda annoying. Got 30/30 in friendslist and atleast 30 asking to be my friend in game. Only way to increase is taking areas and killing theis bosses. Yeah not so easy. Tho I understand, the more you have friends the more you can benefit from them.

I would like to add fellow VitaGAFers to my flist. Maybe I need to wait sometime to see who still plays this and who not.

Month is changing, do we have new login bonuses? If so Iam going to miss 10 orbs.

That would be weird, it also seems we have the same login bonusses, so maybe its just showing the same 10 logindays for everyone.

Toma

What are your favourite attack/support abilities?

For attack, 2x damage is obviously awesome, but one skill that you might not have expected to be awesome (I didnt) is Stone gaze, which freezes the enemy for 10 seconds. That allows you 1,5 hits with 3 spirits, which is usually more than 2x damage AND fills up the gauge in the meantime.

For support, +30% attack obviously, but the "Changes all spirits to x element" is incredibly handy for grinding and bosses since you can just use your strongest spirits all the time if you have changer spirits for all elements, which also would mean you can give your strongest spirits will always get the daily boosts. I got another one of those changer R spirits from my free 35 stones summon today <3

I haven't been able to play a lot today as work proved to be too busy. I just logged in to the game and was pleasantly surprised about a trade I put up last night. The thing is, I finally used my destiny orbs to do an advanced summon as I really want to get those R/SR spirits.

As my luck would have it, the game thought it's funny to give me another copy of a rare spirit I already own - a Witch. I thought it's a disservice to just use the duplicate to level up a rare spirit I barely use so I decided to put it up for trade. When I logged in today, I found the trade request below.

JXdQzIJ.jpg

I was like "Hell yeah, let's do this!" LOL Seems like there's a lot of people playing this in Japan. I got a lot of friend requests from there the other day.

EGOMON

I too have these 3 spirits up for trade, am looking for (R) (SR) Dark/Fire/Metal/Water with good stats and i don't have

13508743775_714f70b43b_z.jpg

13539208104_433065d521_z.jpg

13539446964_e71f67a954_z.jpg

Toma

I just found a super cool R fire spirit from someone else, hoping he is willing to do the trade with one of my R spirits. :/

EGOMON

I haven't been able to play a lot today as work proved to be too busy. I just logged in to the game and was pleasantly surprised about a trade I put up last night. The thing is, I finally used my destiny orbs to do an advanced summon as I really want to get those R/SR spirits.

As my luck would have it, the game thought it's funny to give me another copy of a rare spirit I already own - a Witch. I thought it's a disservice to just use the duplicate to level up a rare spirit I barely use so I decided to put it up for trade. When I logged in today, I found the trade request below.

JXdQzIJ.jpg

I was like "Hell yeah, let's do this!" LOL Seems like there's a lot of people playing this in Japan. I got a lot of friend requests from there the other day.

Wow nice deal indeed one in my friend list has it and i use it a lot now i can use yours too :D

RalchAC

For attack, 2x damage is obviously awesome, but one skill that you might not have expected to be awesome (I didnt) is Stone gaze, which freezes the enemy for 10 seconds. That allows you 1,5 hits with 3 spirits, which is usually more than 2x damage AND fills up the gauge in the meantime.

For support, +30% attack obviously, but the "Changes all spirits to x element" is incredibly handy for grinding and bosses since you can just use your strongest spirits all the time if you have changer spirits for all elements, which also would mean you can give your strongest spirits will always get the daily boosts. I got another one of those changer R spirits from my free 35 stones summon today <3

I have a R with 1.5x damage to all enemies that is really useful for killing adds in the event. It does like 500-650 damage, so it's working really well.

I like counter attack skills too.

I just found a super cool R fire spirit from someone else, hoping he is willing to do the trade with one of my R spirits. :/

Do you remember what it was? I guess it's best to put up any spirit you don't use that often up for trade. You never know what you're gonna get offered for it.

Wow nice deal indeed one in my friend list has it and i use it a lot now i can use yours too :D

It sure is! I mean, she's cute and all but her abilities aren't bad either. Besides, she will complement my other Word SR very nicely so it's really good. At least I didn't get an trade offer with something much lesser (like a C/UC spirit).

DeviantBoi

Noob questions about leveling up your spirirts:

1. I have two of the same spirit. Both are level 1. Why can't I merge them?

2. So the leveling up norm is to take a rare spirit and merge it with a bunch of commons?

I'm still trying to get the hang of this game.

EGOMON

Noob questions about leveling up your spirirts:

1. I have two of the same spirit. Both are level 1. Why can't I merge them?

2. So the leveling up norm is to take a rare spirit and merge it with a bunch of commons?

I'm still trying to get the hang of this game.

1. If the spirit is being used in a party first unequip it otherwise it won't show in the merging list also on the Spirit info card there is a "Lock" icon make sure it is unlocked.
2. Best and most efficient way for merging is to feed the C to the UC and the UC to the R but yes you can feed C spirits to R spirits directly but the XP boost isn't as good as in feeding UC spirits to R spirits

Toma

Do you remember what it was? I guess it's best to put up any spirit you don't use that often up for trade. You never know what you're gonna get offered for it

Forgot the name, but there are some chinese spirits for each color that reduce the first damage of everyone of your spirits to 1 HP, which is awesome for grinding and boss fights, getting that Fire spirit would be basically a jackpot, as I still didnt get a good fire spirit.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Forgot the name, but there are some chinese spirits for each color that reduce the first damage of everyone of your spirits to 1 HP, which is awesome for grinding and boss fights, getting that Fire spirit would be basically a jackpot, as I still didnt get a good fire spirit.

That seems way over powered.

Toma

That seems way over powered.

Not to mention they have decent stats at 600/130/85 (Lvl 1) AND are only 3.0, so not the most expensive R spirits. I'll take anything overpowered in an F2P game with tons of grinding more than willingly :p

Edit:
Wow, they also have great attacking abilities, because they can change ALL enemies to the same element (earth).

Edit2:
I am blind, it wasnt a fire spirit, but mountain, so maybe there is only the mountain version of it. Still awesome though, hope I can get that spirit.

If I get this guy, its totally going to be my main spirit and I'll buff the hell out of it.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You'll need to start grinding with blessing on low level enemies for summon stone drops, no way around that. I did that for a few hours on the weekend to summon 100 spirits or so, out of which I got ~6 rares and tons of UC to level up.
Ok i'll do this way :)

Single and all enemies attacks are my favorite, actually my favorite spirits have 0.8x damage to all enemies or 400 fixed damage.
I don't have spirits with them but yeah freezing enemies and changing element to a boss should be really good.

ReaperXL7

Made an adjustment as I noticed a lot of people have Adaptive Camouflage up for Trade.

Replaced him with this guy

BkEuDrIIYAAt5GP.jpg

I tend to like tanks so one of my favorite abilities for awhile has been my Blue bodies defence buff as it reduces damage taken by 40% for 5 seconds very useful in a lot of different situations.

I am also a pretty big fan of spirits who can change the element of all ally units/ or the enemy spirits to match theirs.

Top Bottom