• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Guys don't underestimate what Destiny of Spirits says about your luck because it's RIGHT!

O_O

I have bad luck + metal, well i opened the mail i received a Sphinx, a metal spirit, i thought "i will use it to upgrade the one i already have"... I tried many times but simply nothing happened, then i tried to sell it and again nothing, i tried to exchange it and finally some explaining texts saying that i have to get it from the mail before exchanging it(or something similar), but in the mail i got nothing, so long story short i have a spirit that is still considered in the mail but that is actually occupying a precious space in my spirit list and i can't do anything with it.

BEWARE OF WHAT THE GAME SAYS ABOUT YOUR LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RalchAC

I tend to like tanks so one of my favorite abilities for awhile has been my Blue bodies defence buff as it reduces damage taken by 40% for 5 seconds very useful in a lot of different situations.

I am also a pretty big fan of spirits who can change the element of all ally units/ or the enemy spirits to match theirs.

I had Pandora in the beta and it was quite a good spirit imo. It's for Advanced Summons though, and I'm going to spend my Destiny Orbs in more spirit slots.

pls have more unexpected maintenance

More free stones? I'm always happy with that. Should we call Grace Chen?

I can't for the life of me manage to summon a good fire spirit.

I happen to unlock another Wyvern so I put it up for trade. Do you have any spirit for trade (at least R level too)?

gKqoiaY.jpg

ReaperXL7

Thanks! Do you think it's worth it?

Also can somebody explain how the Joker spirits work. I've read here you can increase max level or something with some?

In order to increase max level of your chosen spirit you have to max it out and then you either fuse it with a joker who's element matches the base spirit, or another of the same spirit

Guys don't underestimate what Destiny of Spirits says about your luck because it's RIGHT!

O_O

I have bad luck + metal, well i opened the mail i received a Sphinx, a metal spirit, i thought "i will use it to upgrade the one i already have"... I tried many times but simply nothing happened, then i tried to sell it and again nothing, i tried to exchange it and finally some explaining texts saying that i have to get it from the mail before exchanging it(or something similar), but in the mail i got nothing, so long story short i have a spirit that is still considered in the mail but that is actually occupying a precious space in my spirit list and i can't do anything with it.

That's because you broke the chain. You were supposed to forward the email to ten people.

Vamphuntr

In order to increase max level of your chosen spirit you have to max it out and then you either fuse it with a joker who's element matches the base spirit, or another of the same spirit

Thank you! Is there a difference between the rarity of spirits. I've got a bunch of R and SR from the raid bosses. Are they better?

Pbae

I think I'm going to save the orbs until they refresh the summons.

I'm sure they'll be an event that goes something like...

"Oh noes. The eastern spirits have invaded your domain...you need to free these zones...again"

EGOMON

Also can somebody explain how the Joker spirits work. I've read here you can increase max level or something with some?

- Yes it definitely does i expanded my storage 3 times now, having free space is essential for leveling up your spirits because you need to collect a lot of C and UC spirits to feed them to the R and SR spirits not ot mention your spirits collection will keep growing with time.
- The Joker spirit increases your spirit max level (i.e. If you have a maxed-out spirit, merge it with joker spirit to increase its level cap) there is also Queen and Prince elemental spirits those doesn't increase your max level but help you level up your spirits faster than merging.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Yes, you'll need a few of those upgrades because you need a sizeable pool of Strong spirits (3 of each kind), and then you dont have much space left to keep the merger spirits and whatnot.

Pbae

O_O

That really stinks and I'm sorry to hear it. But your luck is not all that bad friend, for I am a Nigerian Prince that has been ousted by my government and have a large sum of money that I will gladly pay you in return for your services. Please PM me your credentials including your Social Security #, Bank Routing #, DOB, and current address I can send the funds to. Your luck is turning around!

Vamphuntr

- Yes it definitely does i expanded my storage 3 times now, having free space is essential for leveling up your spirits because you need to collect a lot of C and UC spirits to feed them to the R and SR spirits not ot mention your spirits collection will keep growing with time.
- The Joker spirit increases your spirit max level (i.e. If you have a maxed-out spirit, merge it with joker spirit to increase its level cap) there is also Queen and Prince elemental spirits those doesn't increase your max level but help you level up your spirits faster than merging.

Yes, you'll need a few of those upgrades because you need a sizeable pool of Strong spirits (3 of each kind), and then you dont have much space left to keep the merger spirits and whatnot.

Nice! Thanks for your hints guys.

Einherjar

Sorry to some gaffers, but I'm gonna have to prune my friend list a bit, these raids are getting really difficult and my support list is flooded with lvl 1-15 stuff from all of you, and I can't beat it :(

Send me a PM if you would like to re-add for trades (Emperor of Fire [Adv, R, Fire], White Body [Adv, R, Metal], Wakan Tanka [R, Earth], God of Fish [Adv, R, Water], Ixchel [R, Water], Ah Puch [R, Dark], and all UC/C from NA).

Pbae

Sorry to some gaffers, but I'm gonna have to prune my friend list a bit, these raids are getting really difficult and my support list is flooded with lvl 1-15 stuff from all of you, and I can't beat it :(

Send me a PM if you would like to re-add for trades (Emperor of Fire [Adv, R, Fire], White Body [Adv, R, Metal], Wakan Tanka [R, Earth], God of Fish [Adv, R, Water], Ixchel [R, Water], Ah Puch [R, Dark], and all UC/C from NA).

Add me. Pbae-GAF

I have a phoenix at lvl 25 that gives 30% dmg boost to all allies.

DeviantBoi

What were those 35 orbs as an apology in my mail?

I used it to summon a spirit from Knack... and I got an SR Robo Knack.

I'm happy.

oni_saru

Anyone know how the ranking works?

I checked mine and was disappointed to be so low compared to some ppl on my friend's list. lol I feel like I do well enough I shouldn't be THAT bad. xD

TheAznOne

Anyone know how the ranking works?

I checked mine and was disappointed to be so low compared to some ppl on my friend's list. lol I feel like I do well enough I shouldn't be THAT bad. xD

I think ranking resets every week. Since it's a new week, that could be why you're low.

Just 35 orbs?

Japan gets 70.

I know. 35 free orbs for the EU/JA PS+ and the 35 orbs from the Downtime. We US PS+ users are still waiting for the free 35 orbs...

Vamphuntr

Any way to select which spirit you will lend to friends? I want to share my lvl 17 SR. The thing is that according to my understanding the spirit you share is the one that is your current team leader. I'm not always using this one as a leader, I'm using my weaker spirits to defeat the weak spirits and bosses and keep my SR for the big area boss or raid boss.

oni_saru

Any way to select which spirit you will lend to friends? I want to share my lvl 17 SR. The thing is that according to my understanding the spirit you share is the one that is your current team leader. I'm not always using this one as a leader, I'm using my weaker spirits to defeat the weak spirits and bosses and keep my SR for the big area boss or raid boss.

nope. best way to be helpful is make sure the team leader is a spirit that has a support skill to it. plenty of lower spirits that have that. just put it up as team leader and you are already being helpful.

Also for raid bosses, don't worry about saving spirits for them. You can use dead spirits with raid bosses.

I think ranking resets every week. Since it's a new week, that could be why you're low.

ah makes sense. thx

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Omg omg I got an SR via summoning! Wait... Is it just me or is this one... Underwhelming?

I wouldnt call 1000 HP and an attack with 1,5x damage to all enemies and no weaknesses underwhelming, especially considering there rarely are dark R spirits AND you can use it as your main for almost everything due to not being in the normal weakness cycle.

ReaperXL7

Omg omg I got an SR via summoning! Wait... Is it just me or is this one... Underwhelming?

I have him in my regular rotation and he has been very useful. He's not a great leader spirit but he is real solid as a secondary unit. I usually team him up with my Phoenix and a good friend support spirit and they clean house on the raid bosses.

His battle skill is also pretty strong and has gotten me out of quite a few close encounters

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I wouldnt call 1000 HP and an attack with 1,5x damage to all enemies and no weaknesses underwhelming, especially considering there rarely are dark R spirits AND you can use it as your main for almost everything due to not being in the normal weakness cycle.
So it is just me.

Thanks for explaining. I was paying too much attention to the Support Skill. 55 SP for a 1.5x All Dark attack is exemplary though. And yeah, it is 1k Health unleveled. Perhaps I expected too much for how ungodly expensive he is. But that may really be a positive too. I actually don't have enough quality Rares to fill a full 8.0 cost slots. Maybe toss this guy in with my other 3.0 Rock Anchor and an Elemental 1.0 when/if I get another Cost upgrade.

oni_saru

Why does it matter which spirit you put as your leader, other than the fact that others can rent it?

for the support skills. it's really helpful to the ppl that rent it when you put a spirit that has support skills.

I tend to rent ones that have certain support skills I find useful. For example --% of a counterattack (those spirits are best ones for me).

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
for the support skills. it's really helpful to the ppl that rent it when you put a spirit that has support skills.

I tend to rent ones that have certain support skills I find useful. For example --% of a counterattack (those spirits are best ones for me).

Yeah, I know for renting purpose, but I was just curious if there was any advantage to your own party by selecting particular leaders.

ReaperXL7

Why does it matter which spirit you put as your leader, other than the fact that others can rent it?

Their support skill will only activate as a leader. Some support skills are better then others for different things.

My Pheonix for instance raises attack power by 30%, my Blue Body raises my team's defence by 10%. Some can turn your whole team into one element (useful for encounters with one primary enemy element) for instance if you had bad luck which boosts dark unit effectiveness against light sports and a spirit with a support skill that turns all ally spirits into dark spirits you could smack the raid bosses pretty nicely.

Also from what I can tell the support skill of your leader+ the support skill from a friend summon are stackable.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Their support skill will only activate as a leader. Some support skills are better then others for different things.

My Pheonix for instance raises attack power by 30%, my Blue Body raises my team's defence by 10%. Some can turn your whole team into one element (useful for encounters with one primary enemy element) for instance if you had bad luck which boosts dark unit effectiveness against light sports and a spirit with a support skill that turns all ally spirits into dark spirits you could smack the raid bosses pretty nicely.

Ah, I see. So you get the support skill of your leader spirit. I didn't know that.

Toma

Why are some spirits not showing up as selectable if I want to offer them to someone else as a trade? (No, they arent on my current team)

And anyone wanting to trade his Belobog for my Inti or Miroku?

oni_saru

Yeah, I know for renting purpose, but I was just curious if there was any advantage to your own party by selecting particular leaders.

no advantage from what I've seen. That's why i recommend ppl to always try to put a spirit with support skills as a leader. more helpful to ppl that want to rent.

At least for me it is. I usually don't rent spirits without support skill.

Why are some spirits not showing up as selectable if I want to offer them to someone else as a trade? (No, they arent on my current team)

I'm having that same problem. :( incoming maintenance y'all :p

Also from what I can tell the support skill of your leader+ the support skill from a friend summon are stackable.

Wait Reaper, I thought support skills are only useful for renters, not for yourself as well. You mean to tell me the support skill activates for your party as well?

econodog

Neo Member

You can only trade Advanced Summoned spirits for Advanced Summoned spirits. Are those the ones that aren't selectable for you?

Puru

I'd rent a high level basilisk to be honest (it has no support skills), especially againt a boss. The battle skill is pretty ridiculous i think, you have like 2 full turn before the boss bar start moving again and sometimes after one attack it's already good to be frozen again.

prgrs

Neo Member
I know. 35 free orbs for the EU/JA PS+ and the 35 orbs from the Downtime. We US PS+ users are still waiting for the free 35 orbs...
Erm, no. Japan (Asia) got 35 orbs from PS+ and 2 x 35 orbs from maintenance. There was some serious downtime in the weekend before Destiny of Spirits was released in EU/America.

Toma

I'd rent a high level basilisk to be honest, especially againt a boss. The battle skill is pretty ridiculous i think, you have like 2 full turn before the boss bar start moving again and sometimes after one attack it's already good to be frozen again.

Yeah, I am working on making a basilisk that is only levelled with other basilisks. At level 25, it has 778 HP, 315 attack and 311 speed. Its my strongest spirit by far.

baekshi

Banned
Erm, no. Japan (Asia) got 35 orbs from PS+ and 2 x 35 orbs from maintenance. There was some serious downtime in the weekend before Destiny of Spirits was released in EU/America.
Yup, and we didnt even get 35 orbs from PS+. This is how terrible SCEA is.

ReaperXL7

no advantage from what I've seen. That's why i recommend ppl to always try to put a spirit with support skills as a leader. more helpful to ppl that want to rent.

At least for me it is. I usually don't rent spirits without support skill.

I'm having that same problem. :( incoming maintenance y'all :p

Wait Reaper, I thought support skills are only useful for renters, not for yourself as well. You mean to tell me the support skill activates for your party as well?

Yes, you can tell when they are active because there will be a symbol. For instance when I have my Blue Body in my leader slot all of my spirits have a shield symbol on them indicating the defence boost offered by his support skill.

Same with Pheonix which gives an attack power increase shown by a fist symbol. Your leader gives his support skill to your team, and to other players who use them.

So if you have say a Pheonix in your leader slot, and rent a friends Pheonix that would equal a 60% increase in attack power.

Amn

Neo Member
I'd rent a high level basilisk to be honest, especially againt a boss. The battle skill is pretty ridiculous i think, you have like 2 full turn before the boss bar start moving again and sometimes after one attack it's already good to be frozen again.
That's interesting. I have a lvl 22 Basilisk that I've mostly leveled by merging with other basilisks. He has 278 ATK and 270 SPD, but only 720 HP. He's a core member of my rotation, but I never put him in the leadership slot because I figure that people are looking for a support skill and higher HP, even though he's kinda awesome.

Top Bottom