• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
That's interesting. I have a lvl 22 Basilisk that I've mostly leveled by merging with other basilisks. He has 278 ATK and 270 SPD, but only 720 HP. He's a core member of my rotation, but I never put him in the leadership slot because I figure that people are looking for a support skill and higher HP, even though he's kinda awesome.

Yeah, that thing is a beast, though a bit unfortunate it doesnt grow better HP.

Amn

Neo Member
Yeah, I am working on making a basilisk that is only levelled with other basilisks. At level 25, it has 778 HP, 315 attack and 311 speed. Its my strongest spirit by far.
You beat me both in reply speed and in Basilisk leveling. I am humbled.

I didn't get a green R for a while, so I used to level him with non-Basilisks. I wish I could have gone all-Basilisk leveling from the beginning.

oni_saru

Yes, you can tell when they are active because there will be a symbol. For instance when I have my Blue Body in my leader slot all of my spirits have a shield symbol on them indicating the defence boost offered by his support skill.

Same with Pheonix which gives an attack power increase shown by a fist symbol. Your leader gives his support skill to your team, and to other players who use them.

So if you have say a Pheonix in your leader slot, and rent a friends Pheonix that would equal a 60% increase in attack power.

wow, haha i didn't know. guess i should use my Pheonix more often!

Oh and I figured out my trading problem. My trade partner has a destiny orb summon rare.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
You beat me both in reply speed and in Basilisk leveling. I am humbled.

I didn't get a green R for a while, so I used to level him with non-Basilisks. I wish I could have gone all-Basilisk leveling from the beginning.

Yeah, for the same reason I also did the same with the Werewolf and the griffin. The Werewolf is way better overall stats wise, but lacks a good skill. I just cant seem to find enough of that damn spirit.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Damn, I didn' t know that either.
I thought all this time the Leader slot was just what my friends would see when they wanted to Rent spirits. Didn't know the Support also helped me!

Game changer.

Toma

15 minutes until the daily change,hoping for a fire or earth day.

I just want the worst luck ever, since I got the impression it raised my chances on getting dark spirits and helps against the stupid event spirits.

Amn

Neo Member
Yeah, for the same reason I also did the same with the Werewolf and the griffin. The Werewolf is way better overall stats wise, but lacks a good skill. I just cant seem to find enough of that damn spirit.
Funnily enough, I'm having the same problem with my Werewolf. He's stuck at level 12 because I don't get enough of them. I did get three in a row today though, so that helped a lot.

I was doing the same with the griffin, but I just fed him to my first red R (Vampire Hunter). Kinda regretting it now because the Vampire Hunter is sitting at level 20 and doesn't really seem worth wasting a joker on because his skills and HP are underwhelming. He was great in the early game though.

Toma

Funnily enough, I'm having the same problem with my Werewolf. He's stuck at level 12 because I don't get enough of them. I did get three in a row today though, so that helped a lot.

I was doing the same with the griffin, but I just fed him to my first red R (Vampire Hunter). Kinda regretting it now because the Vampire Hunter is sitting at level 20 and doesn't really seem worth wasting a joker on because his skills and HP are underwhelming. He was great in the early game though.

Great minds think alike it seems. *high fives*

Griffin is my best fire spirit btw, and I have 2 fire rares now.

Amn

Neo Member
I just want the worst luck ever, since I got the impression it raised my chances on getting dark spirits and helps against the stupid event spirits.
I got those three straight Werewolfs today with bad luck, so there might be something to that.

Toma

I got those three straight Werewolfs today with bad luck, so there might be something to that.

Yeah, I got my werewolf to level 17 on two days of bad luck, and only managed 1 level during an average and good luck day.

Toma

I have a werewolf you can have if you want it

Sure, I am taking all the werewolves in the world to create the alpha wolf, haha. What would you want in return?

Edit: Failed to connect to server. Anyone else?

ReaperXL7

Sure, I am taking all the werewolves in the world to create the alpha wolf, haha. What would you want in return?

Edit: Failed to connect to server. Anyone else?

Any fire spirit would be fine honestly, Nothing crazy necessary.

Also yeah I can't connect either though it still allowed me to do my destiny summon, and gave my my summoning stone login bonuses.

Got a pretty cool Asian water spirit even though she's only UC.

B.O.O.M

Yay it's down again!

GIVE ME MY COMPENSATION ADMINS! lol Apologize with free orbs dammit

I used the orbs I got earlier for free on a summon and got one of the earth element (Spider Mother or something)..trying to trade it now for a metal R/SR

edit: I said 'continue' instead of reconnect and it went through :S

Prelude.

I kinda regret wasting 30 orbs on that buff guy from Knack, damn.

Oh well, at least I got Arthur in the mail as a gift.

Toma

Any fire spirit would be fine honestly, Nothing crazy necessary.

Also yeah I can't connect either though it still allowed me to do my destiny summon, and gave my my summoning stone login bonuses.

Got a pretty cool Asian water spirit even though she's only UC.

My next newborn fire UC child is devoted to you, MrReaper.

TheAznOne

Yes, you can tell when they are active because there will be a symbol. For instance when I have my Blue Body in my leader slot all of my spirits have a shield symbol on them indicating the defence boost offered by his support skill.

Same with Pheonix which gives an attack power increase shown by a fist symbol. Your leader gives his support skill to your team, and to other players who use them.

So if you have say a Pheonix in your leader slot, and rent a friends Pheonix that would equal a 60% increase in attack power.

Tho on some support skills that you rent, will override your leaders support as I learned. I put my R fire who has support of turning allies into the same element as leader. The rental spirit was the same but for earth elements. Since the spirit who had high hp and atk, I didn't care much for the spirits support thinking the leaders support would override it. Nope. Got my ass handed to me since the battle also spawned Wood spirits for the enemies and my guys were turned into earth elements. Damn that wood element of the day spawn chance.

Toma

When you trade is it one for one or can you gift creatures to people?

One for one, but trading with a C spirit is basically the same as gifting.

TheAznOne

4th day in a row for Average Luck. At least I got a Wyvern from the Destiny Summon. Now I have 4 R fire Spirits to level up now...

Vamphuntr

Game should be called Destiny of Poor Networking. I've been playing for 3 days and must have gotten 10 errors so far. Seems like I lost my login bonus for today which was 10 destiny orbs :S

ReaperXL7

Just worked for me as well, just pressing continue instead of reconnect.

It lets you continue, get your Destiny Spirit, and battle. The problem is that you can't use any Support spirits since the server is borked.

EDIT: You also can't merge spirits.

Yea. Instead of reconnecting, just use continue. I'm playing atm right now..

Yeah I did that stuff, but it did not allow my destiny to switch,or tell me how many people used my spirit. I also cannot access my trades...I'm ok with some more destiny orbs though.

Just got your random UC fire spirit. I believe I havent added you yet, same as Gaf nick?

Close, it's ReaperXL7

TheAznOne

Yeah I did that stuff, but it did not allow my destiny to switch,or tell me how many people used my spirit. I also cannot access my trades...I'm ok with some more destiny orbs though.

Close, it's ReaperXL7

You know what, I didn't also see how many people use me for summoning support also with the daily login (was suppose to get a spirit). I hope I didn't lose any of it. I did get login credit with 2x 400 S.Stones in my mail.

Toma

Yep, you get some small amounts of everything so it's not too bad really

It doesnt seam that way though, I usually end up with 100-150 overall on average, while my good luck gave me 200-300 on average.

B.O.O.M

It doesnt seam that way though, I usually end up with 100-150 overall on average, while my good luck gave me 200-300 on average.

I'm not sure about the average amounts but I'm certain I receive more than when I have bad luck..got them quite frequently too

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm not sure about the average amounts but I'm certain I receive more than when I have bad luck..got them quite frequently too

During Bad Luck I get a ton of blue orbs. I really think the Luck thing is just an indicator of which type of orb you'll be getting as far as drops are concerned.

carlos

i have a god of water (cthulu) SR available for support, and i still need that trading trophy; add me if you want, the id is the same as my gaf name.
i added econodog from here :)

Toma

Wait until you have multiple days of Bad Luck in a row. You get almost no summoning stones at all.

Bad luck would be incredibly helpful with the event though, as it makes light susceptible to dark, which does a) more damage from your dark spirits and b) you also take less damage.

ReaperXL7

Added you and put up the fire spirit.

Cool, request accepted. As soon ad it will allow me to access my trades I'll send you the Wolf. At the moment evertime I try to access them it kicks me back out the the world map.

They really need to get this thing in gear....though the Orbs are somewhat useful.

B.O.O.M

During Bad Luck I get a ton of blue orbs. I really think the Luck thing is just an indicator of which type of orb you'll be getting as far as drops are concerned.

lol ok I officially don't understand this game anymore :D

Wait until you have multiple days of Bad Luck in a row. You get almost no summoning stones at all.

Funny thing is even when I got so little during badluck days..I got the best summons during them too. Don't think it's related but I don't mind bad luck days lol

(been absolutely dry on the R/SR front for three days now)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
lol ok I officially don't understand this game anymore :D

I have Bad Luck and I'm farming blue orbs right now. I get an average of 300 per low level battle... like I was getting an average of 300 Summon Stones with Greater Blessed. I had two Greater Blessed days in a row and I was actually running low on the blue orbs.

Bad Luck may not actually be that disadvantageous... especially considering that it also changes whether light or dark wins out.

Toma

A small other observation, not sure how useful it might be but maybe it could lead to some strategizing on how to protect certain spirits a bit longer:

I get the impression that bosses have a higher chance of hitting the spirit that did the most damage to them last round, not all of the time, but pretty reliably.

Edit: Another one, if you dont like your event boss, wait out the 2 hours and you have a chance to get one of the other ones.

econodog

Neo Member
i have a god of water (cthulu) SR available for support, and i still need that trading trophy; add me if you want, the id is the same as my gaf name.
i added econodog from here :)

Thanks for adding me :) I tried to trade an UC of mine for your Phantom Of Gold (UC) so you could earn the trophy... however it keeps kicking me back to the main world screen. Will try later once the servers are back up and running properly.

Grinchy

Banned
Funny thing is even when I got so little during badluck days..I got the best summons during them too. Don't think it's related but I don't mind bad luck days lol

(been absolutely dry on the R/SR front for three days now)

Oh man my summons were horrible during the Bad Luck days lol. I still have only gotten one single R from the normal summons after like 170 tries or something crazy. The only reason I have a second R now is because I used my destiny orbs to summon. I must have some terrible luck.

Top Bottom