• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Server is still down for me too.

Anyways, check out this blog someone put together (they did a great job!) for more information about how the blessings work and general game mechanics if you're wondering: http://destinyofspirits.blogspot.ca/2014/03/destiny-of-spirits-guide.html

Most of that I knew already, but this one is good to know:

When you contribute to a friends raid battle, it will count to your number of conquests, but not influence your conquest level, meaning you get the rewards for beating 100 raid bosses for example, but not for defeating Inti 30 times. Am I reading that right?

That would make helping friends a whole lot more appealing.

Gogo_ZvC

When you contribute to a friends raid battle, it will count to your number of conquests, but not influence your conquest level, meaning you get the rewards for beating 100 raid bosses for example, but not for defeating Inti 30 times. Am I reading that right?

That would make helping friends a whole lot more appealing.

I think it means that if you've fought and defeated 18 raid bosses in total, and your Inti is at level 5, if you defeat your friends level 19 Inti, you're raid boss total will increase to 19, but your Inti will stay at level 5.

Reward wise, when I've finished off higher level raid bosses for friends, I've just received 300 blue orbs and (maybe) 300 summon stones. Haven't fought a friend's raid boss that offers a SR or R spirit so I can't say if you get them once you help defeat the boss.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I think it means that if you've fought and defeated 18 raid bosses in total, and your Inti is at level 5, if you defeat your friends level 19 Inti, you're raid boss total will increase to 19, but your Inti will stay at level 5.
Yup, thats what I meant.
Reward wise, when I've finished off higher level raid bosses for friends, I've just received 300 blue orbs and (maybe) 300 summon stones. Haven't fought a friend's raid boss that offers a SR or R spirit so I can't say if you get them once you help defeat the boss.

And I only got the 300 summon stones, you wont get the spirit.

Toma

Haha, now its a proper unplanned maintenance. 35 rubies for everyone! :p

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Can Advanced Summons only be attained through Advanced Summoning? Or is there a chance for them to appeal via regular summoning?

Can Advanced Summons only be attained through Advanced Summoning? Or is there a chance for them to appeal via regular summoning?
If you click on "summonable spirits" or whatever, it shows you which ones you could get. Pretty sure the advanced ones are nly available from destiny orbs.

carlos

Thanks for adding me :) I tried to trade an UC of mine for your Phantom Of Gold (UC) so you could earn the trophy... however it keeps kicking me back to the main world screen. Will try later once the servers are back up and running properly.

no, thank you sir, that lvl 1 SR support was extremely helpful and cost effective as well

Toma

Had no idea you could flee a fight.

Super useful since it allows you to peek into a boss fight and back out without any losses in case the support enemies are not the right element.

Downside is that you lose any spirit orbs that you might have used on a support spirit.

Toma

You can trade Advanced Spirits with Rare Summons... so not only advanced..

Huh? What do you mean? Are you talking about player vs player trading?

Grinchy

Banned
If you click on "summonable spirits" or whatever, it shows you which ones you could get. Pretty sure the advanced ones are nly available from destiny orbs.

Oh wow I kept thinking there was some small chance of getting a rare summon from the normal summoning. I already had a R in my spirit list and I don't remember ever using destiny orbs for advanced summons. But maybe I did.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh wow I kept thinking there was some small chance of getting a rare summon from the normal summoning. I already had a R in my spirit list and I don't remember ever using destiny orbs for advanced summons. But maybe I did.

You can get Rares from normal summons, but there are apparently only ones that you can get from the Advanced Summons.

TheAznOne

I've gotten quite a few Rs and 1 SR from normal summon. SR and 1 R when I had Great Blessings day 1 and 2. The rest of the Rs I've gotten when I had Average Luck since.

Toma

Have to say that the communication from the developers regarding downtime has been great so far. Some other developers could learn a lot from this pro-active approach to keeping the community informed and happy with bonus orbs.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/players/dos/en/important/emergency_server_maintenance.html

https://twitter.com/dos_official_en

What I take from this is that we need to organize to all to log into the game at the same time to get our free orbs :p

Gogo_ZvC

Have to say that the communication from the developers regarding downtime has been great so far. Some other developers could learn a lot from this pro-active approach to keeping the community informed and happy with bonus orbs.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/op/players/dos/en/important/emergency_server_maintenance.html

https://twitter.com/dos_official_en

I'm loving the maintenance messages being displayed in the games news feed on the Vita. First time I'm seeing something like this.

cwbdNBf.jpg

Toma

I'm loving the maintenance messages being displayed in the games news feed on the Vita. First time I'm seeing something like this.

Yeah, the CM in question knows his stuff. I bet its not his first game to manage.

Toma

Yep it's maintenance time yet again

I wonder if this because they are experiencing higher than expected traffic

This game is way too addicting. Shut it down before it ruins entire nations work capabilities.

baekshi

Banned
Huh? What do you mean? Are you talking about player vs player trading?

It says on the blog that you can trade Advanced summon spirit only for another advanced spirit.. its not true. You can trade Advanced spirit with Rare summon spirit which are Knacks atm.

B.O.O.M

It says on the blog that you can trade Advanced summon spirit only for another advanced spirit.. its not true. You can trade Advanced spirit with Rare summon spirit which are Knacks atm.

The heck is an advanced spirit?

edit: oh I get it. Advanced summons only for advanced summons? Yeah that's not true

joe2187

Banned
I cant trade anything for my Advance summons except another advance, I've tried to trade with a friend but it only highlights another advanced.

RedBoot

Aww, this maintenance is going to reset my consecutive logins trophy progress if it continues. I only had 3 days so it's no biggie, but still. Gonna have to start logging in during the AM instead of after work.

baekshi

Banned
I cant trade anything for my Advance summons except another advance, I've tried to trade with a friend but it only highlights another advanced.

You can trade your advanced summon and (Rare summon:) Knack spirits. Nothing else besides that.

Rixa

So far only average luck days, tried this morning (07:15 EET) to log and seems its going through maintenance. Thus I couldnt log and see whats my luck today and couldnt see did login bonuses change since month changed.

Yesterday as everyday used bunch of summoning stones, got one R (red) I dont have and got my 3rd SR.

Yep, again putted that SR to trade...

2014-03-29-093646.jpg

^^Anyone willing to trade Cuhullin to another SR. Got some room in my friendlist now.

How the hell Ive got 3 SR now and all of those are Cuhullins. Seriously I guess this is average luck.

baekshi

Banned
So far only average luck days, tried this morning (07:15 EET) to log and seems its going through maintenance. Thus I couldnt log and see whats my luck today and couldnt see did login bonuses change since month changed.

Yesterday as everyday used bunch of summoning stones, got one R (red) I dont have and got my 3rd SR.

I could use a fire spirit. is there anything you're looking for?

TheAznOne

How the hell Ive got 3 SR now and all of those are Cuhullins. Seriously I guess this is average luck.

Shoot I got those R Adaptive Soldiers spirits yesterday. 1 from Destiny Summon and 2 from the summoning just in 1 day. I was not happy. Give me something else but these Adaptive Soldiers.

Rixa

I could use a fire spirit. is there anything you're looking for?

My strongest team is fire. I think Iam going to trade R fire Vampire hunter away, Brigit is my main R fire spirit.

As for trading:
Stats wont matter as long it is SR - SR trade and not fire / light.

^^ Its 09:34 in the morning, I can login again (if servers are up) in about 8-9h time.
(If you want you can also add me as to psn Vitagafer).

EGOMON

From Maintenance note it seems they are experiencing some heavy traffic looks like the game is a success, hopefully now they revamp some of the mechanics to make it even a better game.

Grinchy

Banned
From Maintenance note it seems they are experiencing some heavy traffic looks like the game is a success, hopefully now they revamp some of the mechanics to make it even a better game.

I wouldn't be that surprised to find out it's a success. It's such a strangely addictive game. I never thought I'd like this game but I find myself playing it quite a bit.

Rixa

Didnt notice when I looked games store, but is it so that you cant buy with money normal C & UC? In Knack pack is there "only" UC, R, SR spirits?
I mean you cant buy summoning stones with money?
Thus meaning there is no cheaper & faster way to upgrade your newly acquired Knack SR than spending money to DOrbs and buying Knackies, 30 DOrbs each?

What Ive noticed while playing this game, raising spirit levels is pain in da arse.
Ofcourse if youre lucky and get few days Great Blessing and remember to farm summoning stones. But for example Ive been average lucky all the days, only daily element has changed, so no fast food for my R / SR spirits.

Can chaos spirits levels go over 65? According to that blog post SR levelmax is 65, meaning its not easy to kill lvl 89 chaos spirit if there are ones.

MidBoss

Traffic problems on a Vita exclusive? That Vita attach rate. Seems like everyone who has one loves it and is still actively using it. I know 3 friends who have a Vita. They've all been playing DoS since day 1.

From what I noticed there's a lot of players from Asia among possible friends suggested - I guess it makes sense as that's where stuff like Puzzle & Dragons is most succesfull

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ok the game is really pissing me off.
Do you remember this Sphinx?

Guys don't underestimate what Destiny of Spirits says about your luck because it's RIGHT!

O_O

I have bad luck + metal, well i opened the mail i received a Sphinx, a metal spirit, i thought "i will use it to upgrade the one i already have"... I tried many times but simply nothing happened, then i tried to sell it and again nothing, i tried to exchange it and finally some explaining texts saying that i have to get it from the mail before exchanging it(or something similar), but in the mail i got nothing, so long story short i have a spirit that is still considered in the mail but that is actually occupying a precious space in my spirit list and i can't do anything with it.

BEWARE OF WHAT THE GAME SAYS ABOUT YOUR LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It just disappeared, the other Sphinx didn't level up, no exchange and probably no orbs(but i can't be sure...)
Do you want to know another thing? I beat some of those incursion bosses and i get a UC Price of Darkness and a SR Joker of Water both for fusion.
I was planning to keep the UC Prince for a R or SR darkness spirit and to exchange the SR Joker hoping for a R monster, but then i realized that it was futile to wait for a R or SR darkness spirit so i used the UC prince fuse with an UC darkness spirit and this leveled up 3 times up and now is level 11.
I decided to fuse the SR Joker with my R Ice Knack and surprise surprise the experience bar moved just a little! A normal C spirit would have been way more useful, why a SR fusion spirit did so little?

The game is really starting to get on my nerves, it's too bugged and honestly it cheats too, time ago i made a mission and that mission said to have 2 certain elements, i totally chose the wrong spirits and lost, ok, i retried and this time the elements of the enemies changed with the ones that were stronger against my spirits, the missions said i would have fought 2 elements, i fought different elements!

Another thing:
You'll need to start grinding with blessing on low level enemies for summon stone drops, no way around that. I did that for a few hours on the weekend to summon 100 spirits or so, out of which I got ~6 rares and tons of UC to level up.
Maybe Toma is really lucky and i'm really unlucky but he got on average a R spirit every 16-17 summons, i didn't count my summons but i made a lot, if not 100 i'm really close, and i never got a single R or SR spirit.

I'm starting to hate the game, i really want to like the game, but all those things + the loadings + always being online with my Vita that always disconnects is really putting me off.

If the frequent downtime and urgent maintenance do mean the game is a success, I hope it convinces Sony to make a full game in the future. Keep it exclusive to the Vita and it may just become their own version of Pokemon. It already has the addictive part down pat.

EGOMON

I wouldn't be that surprised to find out it's a success. It's such a strangely addictive game. I never thought I'd like this game but I find myself playing it quite a bit.
Yeah me too i was playing just to kill time and between gaming sessions on my PS3 and PS4 but now am only playing this no PS4 or PS3 time lol

Didnt notice when I looked games store, but is it so that you cant buy with money normal C & UC? In Knack pack is there "only" UC, R, SR spirits?
I mean you cant buy summoning stones with money?
Thus meaning there is no cheaper & faster way to upgrade your newly acquired Knack SR than spending money to DOrbs and buying Knackies, 30 DOrbs each?

What Ive noticed while playing this game, raising spirit levels is pain in da arse.
Ofcourse if youre lucky and get few days Great Blessing and remember to farm summoning stones. But for example Ive been average lucky all the days, only daily element has changed, so no fast food for my R / SR spirits.

Can chaos spirits levels go over 65? According to that blog post SR levelmax is 65, meaning its not easy to kill lvl 89 chaos spirit if there are ones.
Yeah unless you get great blessing its really hard to level up your spirits but you can level up your Knack with Prince/Queen spirits also merge it with a high level UC spirit of the same element.

Traffic problems on a Vita exclusive? That Vita attach rate. Seems like everyone who has one loves it and is still actively using it. I know 3 friends who have a Vita. They've all been playing DoS since day 1.
Yeah same a lot of my firend-list on Vita are playing this game if you liked you get hooked
it is extremely addicting

EGOMON

Ok the game is really pissing me off.
Do you remember this Sphinx?

It just disappeared, the other Sphinx didn't level up, no exchange and probably no orbs(but i can't be sure...)
Do you want to know another thing? I beat some of those incursion bosses and i get a UC Price of Darkness and a SR Joker of Water both for fusion.
I was planning to keep the UC Prince for a R or SR darkness spirit and to exchange the SR Joker hoping for a R monster, but then i realized that it was futile to wait for a R or SR darkness spirit so i used the UC prince fuse with an UC darkness spirit and this leveled up 3 times up and now is level 11.
I decided to fuse the SR Joker with my R Ice Knack and surprise surprise the experience bar moved just a little! A normal C spirit would have been way more useful, why a SR fusion spirit did so little?

The game is really starting to get on my nerves, it's too bugged and honestly it cheats too, time ago i made a mission and that mission said to have 2 certain elements, i totally chose the wrong spirits and lost, ok, i retried and this time the elements of the enemies changed with the ones that were stronger against my spirits, the missions said i would have fought 2 elements, i fought different elements!

Another thing:

Maybe Toma is really lucky and i'm really unlucky but he got on average a R spirit every 16-17 summons, i didn't count my summons but i made a lot, if not 100 i'm really close, and i never got a single R or SR spirit.

I'm starting to hate the game, i really want to like the game, but all those things + the loadings + always being online with my Vita that always disconnects is really putting me off.

Sorry to hear you are having problems bro i haven't encountered any of those issues, as for the Joker spirit i think it is only for increase your spirit cap and not for leveling up so that might why it didn't boost your XP when merged it with unmaxed-out SR spirit.
The summoning stuff is pure luck some days i never get any R or SR and some i get like 2 or 3 just keep playing it will eventually get better for you.

RalchAC

The game is surprisingly addictive, tbh. It's quite well done too, even if the Advanced Summons (Destiny Orbs) are a little overpriced. A summon costs around 2 euros, which isn't that good.

They should have added some Destiny Orbs for adquiring those emblems (they're like in-game trophies) or other stuff. That's my only complain so far. Overall design is quite smart an interesting.

Toma

The maintenance is still ongoing? Wow.

Top Bottom