• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

RoeBear

The maintenance is still ongoing? Wow.

Probably gonna give us some more free orbs though.

And people complaining about summons, ugh I feel like I have the worst luck. I've done over 150 summons and only got 3 R's never got an SR either.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Probably gonna give us some more free orbs though.

And people complaining about summons, ugh I feel like I have the worst luck. I've done over 150 summons and only got 3 R's never got an SR either.

Yeah, I dont have any luck with SRs, but at least my R's are working out. I think I am at 18 or so.

Rixa

A very sincere apology to the tune of at lest 90 destiny orbs. Haha!

Spiritual number 66 Orbs, 666 stones and 6666 points.

Ok yeah, atleast this emergency maintenance came right time for me. Tho if it continues 5 more hours and when Iam home there shall be very loud curses. *God damn, why its still under maintenance* I want to see if I get my daily 10 orbs login bonus or did bonuses change due to month being april now.

Also I would like to get that Hunt & location data to work. I prolly need to study How I can pair it with my mobile phones internet (Sony Acro Lt), never tried phone to be hotspot for internet traffic.

Rixa

maybe we can all get SRs with the new orbs?, the last lot got me that Knack SR

Or if you dont want to hurry, save those orbs later:

You might get Kat!

2013-10-31-225738.jpg

^^ Dat support skill ~P

ReaperXL7

Back up now. Toma I accepted your trade request so it's ready when you are my friend :)

They changed the daily log in screen it shows a larger variety of stuff you can acquire for dailys...I just hope it did not reset my consecutive days logged in as I want that damn trophy.

Rixa

We all know she'd be nerfed :(

True dat.
Which reminds me. When Iam at home I add 2 pictures of one R dark spirit. Another one is from EU beta and another one I got yesterday through summoning. Heres my SR (didnt remember I took picture of it in beta too): Beta vs Release

Beta
2013-10-31-225651.jpg

Release
2014-03-29-093646.jpg

^^ Tunetunetune my least favourite word in MUDs :(

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Back up now. Toma I accepted your trade request so it's ready when you are my friend :)

They changed the daily log in screen it shows a larger variety of stuff you can acquire for dailys...I just hope it did not reset my consecutive days logged in as I want that damn trophy.

Yeah, totally looks like it got reset.

Or if you dont want to hurry, save those orbs later:

You might get Kat!

Wow! I'd totally make her my party leader with that support skill!

We all know she'd be nerfed :(

And that was shattered right away. LOL

Yup, we do have new login bonuses. Here's a screenshot:

cLNdFJc.jpg

I got a couple of UC spirits (Shisa, metal and King Fu Master, fire)from Asia up for trade if anyone needs them.

My in-game ID is the same as my PSN ID: hi-fi_famicom

EGOMON

Ok guys i need a good (R) Metal or (R) Water spirit am offering these two:

13539446964_e71f67a954_z.jpg

13508743775_714f70b43b_z.jpg

Yes i know am offering the same spirits am asking for!
I already have these two in my collection also i want different support and battle skills in my team

nicolajNN

Have anyone from America gotten a dinosaur? From the map when you start up the the game it looks like they should be in there

Toma

WOOOOOO, the guy with the awesome R spirit finally accepted! He cancelled my first few suggestions but settled on a fire R spirit that changes all allies to Fire.

In turn I'll now get this guy:

That support skill :-o

Sooooooooo awesome.

EGOMON

Have anyone from America gotten a dinosaur? From the map when you start up the the game it looks like they should be in there
There is some dino-like spirits in america like this guy
13560621314_106b920d6f.jpg

WOOOOOO, the guy with the awesome R spirit finally accepted! He cancelled my first few suggestions but settled on a fire R spirit that changes all allies to Fire.

In turn I'll now get this guy:

That support skill :-o

Sooooooooo awesome.
Freaking amazing! Congratz man nice catch :)

Just continue playing, the Asia players offer tons of spirits in their trades. :)

i'll be patient. so my fortune is bad luck, does that have any bearing on how well my summon end up with? keep on summoning on suspend it until fortune changes?
You can also get them by destiny summoning with an Asian player (you don't even need to be friends). I got one today.
:( lucky!

Toma

i'll be patient. so my fortune is bad luck, does that have any bearing on how well my summon end up with? keep on summoning on suspend it until fortune changes?

:( lucky!

People have different experiences, but I personally think it doesnt matter.

Phii

Banned
Im looking for Morrigan so I can increase her level cap. Can trade a water Joker, or Ame no Uzume (Asia advanced summon). Have some other rare summons in my tradebox. PSN: aendras

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Im looking for Morrigan so I can increase her level cap. Can trade a water Joker, or Ame no Uzume (Asia advanced summon). Have some other rare summons in my tradebox. PSN: aendras

Can't you just get a Dark Joker for that? Seems like a waste of a Morrigan, considering you don't get any of the bonus XP or stat bonuses if you use her for the Limit Break.

I'd really like a Morrigan, but I'm not sure there's any chance for her to drop in the Americas.

Einherjar

How exactly does the lucky direction during hunts work? Am I supposed to travel in that direction? Face that direction? When do I start spinning my vita / moving around?

Phii

Banned
Can't you just get a Dark Joker for that? Seems like a waste of a Morrigan, considering you don't get any of the bonus XP or stat bonuses if you use her for the Limit Break.

I'd really like a Morrigan, but I'm not sure there's any chance for her to drop in the Americas.

There exist Dark Jokers? I know you can obtain elemental Jokers through beating raid bosses, how do I obtain a Dark Joker?

DeviantBoi

Question on raid fights...

I can die in a raid and my spirits will still keep their HP at the end of the fight?

All I have to do is keep fighting and dying until the raid boss goes down?

Toma

There exist Dark Jokers? I know you can obtain elemental Jokers through beating raid bosses, how do I obtain a Dark Joker?

Until you mentioned this, I didnt notice it, but you are right. There are no Dark or light Jokers in the raid rewards.

Question on raid fights...

I can die in a raid and my spirits will still keep their HP at the end of the fight?

All I have to do is keep fighting and dying until the raid boss goes down?

Yep.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I don't have my Vita with a hotspot right now, but you may be able to get one via the raid bosses. Take a look at your progress and raid rewards.

I know that I have Dark Princes. I imagine there are Dark Jokers as well.

Until you mentioned this, I didnt notice it, but you are right. There are no Dark or light Jokers in the raid rewards.

I stand corrected.

Toma

I don't have my Vita with a hotspot right now, but you may be able to get one via the raid bosses. Take a look at your progress and raid rewards.

I know that I have Dark Princes. I imagine there are Dark Jokers as well.

There actually arent. Only dark prince and queen, no jokers.

Toma

What do the Queens do again?

More EXP than princes.
This also means that you need 4 of a spirit to level it to his max potential.

Anyone willing to trade me a Belobog for an Inti or Miroku? I started levelling my Belobog, so I'd want to continue collecting that, but maybe someone started levelling Inti.

Toma

That's terribly boring.

I'm not ruling out the existence of Dark Jokers, only that they aren't available as rewards right now. We might see them in another event.

Yeah, but just in case I am stuck with an unlevellable spirit, I'll try to collect 4 of the one I started levelling. I wouldnt be surprised if those jokers exist, but are SUPER rare, so better be prepared for all eventualities.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Sorry to hear you are having problems bro i haven't encountered any of those issues, as for the Joker spirit i think it is only for increase your spirit cap and not for leveling up so that might why it didn't boost your XP when merged it with unmaxed-out SR spirit.
The summoning stuff is pure luck some days i never get any R or SR and some i get like 2 or 3 just keep playing it will eventually get better for you.
That's another thing i really hate of DoS, if it was written somewhere that a Joker is only for the cap i wouldn't have wasted it, it's totally without documentation, what are the exactly meanings of those icons on monsters? What does "consecrate a spirit" mean? Only the leader support skill works or even the allies'? And so on, there are tons of things that i just suppose how they work.

carlos

thanks for trading with me, econodog!

derp, just read on how to increase the level limit on spirits...I've wasted so many by just randomly merging.

about 140 summons here, with only 2 R and 1 SR, but I guess it could be worse (2 straight great blessing days).

Grinchy

Banned
Is that true that the joker spirits only raise the max level? I used a prince and joker of water on a R water spirit that I got yesterday and it went up 10 levels right away. When I just used a prince on a new spirit it seemed to only go up 5 levels.

Toma

That's another thing i really hate of DoS, if it was written somewhere that a Joker is only for the cap i wouldn't have wasted it, it's totally without documentation, what are the exactly meanings of those icons on monsters? What does "consecrate a spirit" mean? Only the leader support skill works or even the allies'? And so on, there are tons of things that i just suppose how they work.

While I generally agree, I sort of got around to think that its a neat little social experience to figure that all out with you guys together.

Sure, it still sucks, but its kinda cute though.

Toma

Is that true that the joker spirits only raise the max level? I used a prince and joker of water on a R water spirit that I got yesterday and it went up 10 levels right away. When I just used a prince on a new spirit it seemed to only go up 5 levels.

Always depends on the starting level and element.

Level 1 + Prince of the same element= Level 10
Level 7 + Prince of the same element = Level 12

Level 1 + Prince of a different element= Level 7
Level 7 + Prince of a different element = Level 10

Just estimates, but you should get the idea if that explains your issue.

plake

I really liked this game in beta and was looking forward to the final release.

But.

Seriously.

WHY is this game so freakishly sluggish? Everything is _SO SLOW_. Seriously, it's not even funny. Everything takes so much more time than it would ever need to take. Logging in, accepting gifts/rewards, summoning, entering battles. Everything.

I'm not touching this anymore until it's patched for a more streamlined and responsive experience. The core mechanic is good and all but it's no fun waiting to play a game.

Toma

I really liked this game in beta and was looking forward to the final release.

But.

Seriously.

WHY is this game so freakishly sluggish? Everything is _SO SLOW_. Seriously, it's not even funny. Everything takes so much more time than it would ever need to take. Logging in, accepting gifts/rewards, summoning, entering battles. Everything.

I'm not touching this anymore until it's patched for a more streamlined and responsive experience. The core mechanic is good and all but it's no fun waiting to play a game.

The only thing that really annoys me time wise is the amount of time it takes to check trades of all my friends. Why not have a menu to show ALL trades that are available to you in a single list?

EGOMON

How exactly does the lucky direction during hunts work? Am I supposed to travel in that direction? Face that direction? When do I start spinning my vita / moving around?
When you start the hunt make sure the needle is pointing toward the direction of your luck (yellow shade) you only need to travel to change your location and hunt spirits in that place since you can't keep hunting spirits in the same place endlessly.

Yeah the game lack official guides/wiki especially for those who didn't play the beta

oni_saru

The only thing that really annoys me time wise is the amount of time it takes to check trades of all my friends. Why not have a menu to show ALL trades that are available to you in a single list?

When i did the beta survey i begged them to do trades seperate. :( like make it its own section. Was really disappointed they didn't

Top Bottom