• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I really liked this game in beta and was looking forward to the final release.

But.

Seriously.

WHY is this game so freakishly sluggish? Everything is _SO SLOW_. Seriously, it's not even funny. Everything takes so much more time than it would ever need to take. Logging in, accepting gifts/rewards, summoning, entering battles. Everything.

I'm not touching this anymore until it's patched for a more streamlined and responsive experience. The core mechanic is good and all but it's no fun waiting to play a game.

I thought exactly the same as you did when I first started playing. It's not that bad though. You get used to it.

Cha

iVghBhNMR9CaJ.jpg
Woop! My first Super Rare(other than the Joker)! Received it from someone with a 38 compatibility rating, average luck and different element power up. I thought compatibility rating had something to do with these summons, but it seems like it's just random??

Wish I had Bad Luck for today though. Running out of those blue stones, and I miss easily defeating Raid Bosses with my dark summons :(

Edit: *looks at previous page*.... I want Kat ;__;

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I think it reset my consecutive logins :(

Hey babe, I got moo babe.
Added you

Also how I just found out that the game keeps track of your time played and I actually didnt want to know that I was already playing it for 55 hours. Similarly baffling, why do you already have SRs T_T

Oh well, at least my R collection is coming along nicely.

Moobabe

Hey babe, I got moo babe.
Added you

Also how I just found out that the game keeps track of your time played and I actually didnt want to know that I was already playing it for 55 hours. Similarly baffling, why do you already have SRs T_T

Oh well, at least my R collection is coming along nicely.

I'll add you now! (Also add me on PSN proper innit!)

Is there a sure fire way of upgrading spirits "properly"? Like should I just use commons for merging because they're probably a bit shit? Or are some commons actually useful? Should I focus on levelling one good monster per element and nothing else?

Oh god... how do you check the play time? I wish Playstation did this more generally actually, something that even Nintendo do with 3DS/Wii etc - PLAYTIME IN GAMES!!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I'll add you now! (Also add me on PSN proper innit!)

Is there a sure fire way of upgrading spirits "properly"? Like should I just use commons for merging because they're probably a bit shit? Or are some commons actually useful? Should I focus on levelling one good monster per element and nothing else?

Oh god... how do you check the play time? I wish Playstation did this more generally actually, something that even Nintendo do with 3DS/Wii etc - PLAYTIME IN GAMES!!

1. Added you on PSN :)
2. Use commons for levelling better monsters initially, but the costs for merging are rising the higher the base monster is, and I found that it gets a bit useless/expensive to use C spirits for merging after around level 10-15. I started selling all my C monsters for spirit orbs, only using UC for levelling because in turn you eventually need a shit ton of spirit orbs for levelling and renting good spirits (my spirits dont come cheap you know! Gotta feed them).
3. UC can be really good if you only level them with itself. I have a UC werewolf with awesome stats because I only merged it with other werewolves. Choose your UCs wisely though as it means you wont have these UC to level your R's. UCs that worked very well for me: Griffin, Werewolf, Basilisk
4. Go to the main menu, tap profile in the upper right corner, click the arrow next to "acquired emblems", scroll down and click the icon in the lower right corner.
5. You might want to read this: http://destinyofspirits.blogspot.ca/2014/03/destiny-of-spirits-guide.html

Rixa

Whoo. My Hunt started to work.
From Skyhook tutorial page noticed that I first tried normal MAC address, but in this I needed wlan address. So I entered one hour ago wlan BSSID to Skyhook page and it did work.

So my first hunt was this Metal beauty (my first Metal rare).

Vamphuntr

So how do hunts work exactly? Do I have to connect to a different hotspot/network in the direction my luck is or do I turn hunt on, go for walk and it will evaluate the distance I walked?

joe2187

Banned
So how do hunts work exactly? Do I have to connect to a different hotspot/network in the direction my luck is or do I turn hunt on, go for walk and it will evaluate the distance I walked?

connect to a different hotspot.

Each hotspot respawns a new hunt when you connect to a new hotspot. so you can just farm hunts with two local hotspots over and over.

Pbae

Is there a way to get Destiny Orbs by progressing though the game? Or can you only purchase them?

So far it's only been through daily bonus' or through gifts from the admins for unexpected downtime. Also, I hear that you get 35 destiny orbs a month if your a EU PS+ member but I wouldn't know too much about that since I play in the states.

TheAznOne

@ DoggyHound, what are you doing? How the hell are you so far in the game? 140 cleared zones? You're at least tripled the amount zone cleared from the second top person on my friendslist.

@Baekshi, I accepted your offer on my R Adaptive Camo. Thank you for taking that spirit away. IMO, I consider those trash rares since there is so many out there.

RpgN

The last 2 days have been great. I had the highest fortune (very blessed?) and found out how it affected the game. Spirits only drop summon stones, often large ones. It is easy to get 450 in one fight, I also get 700-1000 pretty frequently.

I've summoned spirits over 100 times and never had a rare before. Until yesterday that is:

And lastly, dark spirits are at a huge disatvantage against light spirits. A raid boss was pretty painful without knowing that before.

It's very easy to train your spirits on blessed days. Sigh...I wish luck was always on my side.

Toma

The last 2 days have been great. I had the highest fortune (very blessed?) and found out how it affected the game. Spirits only drop summon stones, often large ones. It is easy to get 450 in one fight, I also get 700-1000 pretty frequently.

Yeah, my first highly blessed day is gonna be grinding day.

cyborg009

Banned
That's the plan here too from now on. Also, to ignore raid bosses on blessed days. You can grind quicker on normal fights.

Raid bosses are light elements so you can use bad luck days to attack them and gain stones and etc for your good days.

Toma

Raid bosses are light elements so you can use bad luck days to attack them and gain stones and etc for your good days.

While that is technically true, does it matter much? Every day has a daily element. You can just use that one instead of the dark spirits on a bad luck day and wont have too much difference.

That moment when I get a Super Rare spirit after logging in only once.

LOL.

Also, it's either that different summons give different EXP, or that blessing and Day have something to do with it.

Jiangshi 1 + Jianshi 1 = 309% EXP (I am *quite* sure that this was Earth day but either bad luck or very bad luck)
Shin 1 + Shin 1 = 502% EXP (Water day, Great Blessing).

While that is technically true, does it matter much? Every day has a daily element. You can just use that one instead of the dark spirits on a bad luck day and wont have too much difference.

Nope. Nopenopenopenope.

+50% damage and -50% (double endurance, essentially) is a huge plus.

And that also means that the passive from borrow spirits can be a huge plus.

So unless mechanics have been changed from the beta, you need all that advantage to defeat bosses way higher leveled than you are.

The SPD difference will make the bosses' attack intervals very low (I think it was below 1s when I was fighting LV70 bosses).

One of my allies back then was within the top 10 or 20 players (that's a HUUUUGE amount of time they wasted since the basis is Battle Points). And I think he didn't even go past the Lv80 Hattori Hanzou raid boss.

Hubb

connect to a different hotspot.

Each hotspot respawns a new hunt when you connect to a new hotspot. so you can just farm hunts with two local hotspots over and over.

I think you still need to technically move. I have tried tethering my cellphone and using that as a hotspot and then connecting to my home WiFi and it doesn't refresh the hunts.

There is a good chance I am misunderstanding what you are saying though.

maouvin

Jiangshi 1 + Jianshi 1 = 309% EXP (I am *quite* sure that this was Earth day but either bad luck or very bad luck)
Shin 1 + Shin 1 = 502% EXP (Water day, Great Blessing).

Are Jiangshi and Shin of the same rarity? The higher the rarity, the higher the XP given - two same lvl 1 C spirits will only give a bit more than 100%, for example.

Toma

This game is becoming a bit stingy with the team size upgrades. Didnt get one for probably around 7-8 finished areas or so. I assume its only going down from here.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
So is there a difficulty cap on this games normal zones? Or are the enemies you face going to keep going up in levels? Right now I'm up to the regulars being 25+ and it's rough. Just beating out one Zone boss means I have to recharge for 3 hours and that's the only thing I get to do for that day. I know there's not one for the event bosses and eventually it's gonna get to that point where just tossing out tokens isn't particularly wise. And my LVL 20 Common Monsters have just reached that point where they are effectively useless. This game is gonna turn into something over the coming days and weeks isn't it?

Toma

So is there a difficulty cap on this games normal zones? Or are the enemies you face going to keep going up in levels? Right now I'm up to the regulars being 25+ and it's rough. Just beating out one Zone boss means I have to recharge for 3 hours and that's the only thing I get to do for that day. I know there's not one for the event bosses and eventually it's gonna get to that point where just tossing out tokens isn't particularly wise. And my LVL 20 Common Monsters have just reached that point where they are effectively useless. This game is gonna turn into something over the coming days and weeks isn't it?

You need to have a standing army of 3 rares and/or good uncommons of each element. Go grind some lower level battles when you are on blessing, so you receive summoning stones and grind, grind, grind until you have a decent army. Otherwise you wont get much further than 1 battle per play session. Your high level Commons are pretty much worthless on their own, yes, but you can still keep your best since you'll have some monsters in hand to fill up your monster team if you only have 1.0 slots left or something, so dont just throw them away since they dont give much boost to other spirits anyway.

Also do the raids, they also give spirits and summoning stones.

I can probably do about... 10-15 battles per play session depending on whether I tackle bosses or not, but I have a standing army of 15 spirits that are basically R level (3 of those UC inbreeds) so that is enough to do each day.

Andodalf

Banned
Hey my PSN is Andodalf, and in DoS if anyone wants to add me! I just got Ice knack with my free gems! thanks downtime!

Okay I feel kinda lost as to how to play this game. Should I try to keep a spirit of every element and merge all of my spirits of the same element together?

Toma

Hey my PSN is Andodalf if anyone wants to add me! I just got Ice knack with my free gems! thanks downtime!

Okay I feel kinda lost as to how to play this game. Should I try to keep a spirit of every element and merge all of my spirits of the same element together?

You'll want to switch to Rs and UCs as quickly as possible and want eventually to have 3 R spirits of each element. You can also use UCs and breed them with itself (werewolf + werewolf) to get inbreed bonusses, that way they become stronger than Rs at first, which is incredibly useful.

Other than that, try sticking to breeding between the same element, yes.

Edit: And average luck suuuuuuuucks, goddamnit.

Einherjar

So I am trading 2 units with someone, I check his trade page and he has 2 more listed. I thought max listing + trades in progress = 3?

econodog

Neo Member
So I am trading 2 units with someone, I check his trade page and he has 2 more listed. I thought max listing + trades in progress = 3?

They most likely used Destiny Orbs to instantly complete the trade on their end to free up the trade spots.

Grinchy

Banned
I like this game, so I wonder why I feel so weird about putting money into it. There's something about these F2P games where I feel like I've been tricked if I put in money. The only F2P game I ever felt ok about spending money on was Team Fortress 2.

I still haven't spent any money on this yet but every now and then I just want to keep playing and I don't want to have to wait hours for healing. They have really done a good job of hiding features behind the paywall that aren't necessary but are convenient.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I like this game, so I wonder why I feel so weird about putting money into it. There's something about these F2P games where I feel like I've been tricked if I put in money. The only F2P game I ever felt ok about spending money on was Team Fortress 2.

I still haven't spent any money on this yet but every now and then I just want to keep playing and I don't want to have to wait hours for healing. They have really done a good job of hiding features behind the paywall that aren't necessary but are convenient.

After I get my fill of a F2P game, I do kick in a few dollars for something as a thank you.

Top Bottom