• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Vamphuntr

Delay for trade is huge. I guess it varies depending on the spirits and their rarity.My current trade will take 16 hours to complete. Not so bad, should be done when I come back from work tomorrow.

Game is fun but they still need to work on it.

-Loading takes a while. Maybe they can hide it in some way and let you check your menus or something

-Game really needs an advanced tutorial or help section to explain the game a bit better. Like how Joker/Prince/Queen works, merging rules and so on.

-Option to add friends from PSN friends list should be there

-They could improve the raid events a bit. They get really repetitive after a while. It would be cool to have a boss requiring a lot of players to beat but when you do defeat it everyone gets the prize.

- A separate menu for the trades. It clogs up the communications menu and it's not only cumbersome to get to the trade page but hard to get the notifications since I always keep my raid spirit prizes in there to save space.

ReaperXL7

Delay for trade is huge. I guess it varies depending on the spirits and their rarity.My current trade will take 16 hours to complete. Not so bad, should be done when I come back from work tomorrow.

Game is fun but they still need to work on it.

-Loading takes a while. Maybe they can hide it in some way and let you check your menus or something

-Game really needs an advanced tutorial or help section to explain the game a bit better. Like how Joker/Prince/Queen works, merging rules and so on.

-Option to add friends from PSN friends list should be there

-They could improve the raid events a bit. They get really repetitive after a while. It would be cool to have a boss requiring a lot of players to beat but when you do defeat it everyone gets the prize.

- A separate menu for the trades. It clogs up the communications menu and it's not only cumbersome to get to the trade page but hard to get the notifications since I always keep my raid spirit prizes in there to save space.

How long the trade takes is dependant on the distance between you and the other person trading.

Also to add your own friends from psn go to Options>search> then enter their psn ID their dos id will pop beneath the search field and you can add them.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Bwahaha. I just best the Wyvern for the first time because it's faster to cross the Atlantic than the Pacific for me. And then u rolled less than 10 times and now he's mine.

EGOMON

Average luck ugh...
Looks like am going to take a break for the day and play Mercenary Kings this game been taking all my gaming time recently

Rixa

Average luck ugh...
Looks like am going to take a break for the day and play Mercenary Kings this game been taking all my gaming time recently

Yeah its a curse to this game. Hopefully my luck today is something else than average luck. Its really stopping my progress in this game (40 areas freed). Average luck = shittiest luck of them all.

Any ideas how many levels would SR lvl 1 spirit increase to same lvl 13 SR spirit?
Not sure if to trade SR spirit or to fetch it or to wait level max.

Ofc seems kinda wasting that SR to fetch it, since I know Ill get Great Blessing day at some point and then is time to grind and grind more.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I received a R Excalibur as a present, honestly i think it's weak, but at least now i have 2 R spirits lol.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Alright, lets do 77 summons on average luck with grass element now. Lets see how it breaks down:

Common:
Mountain - 6
Grass - 13
Metal - 4
Fire - 7
Water - 6
Light - 4
Dark - 5

Uncommon:
Mountain - 6
Grass - 7
Metal - 4
Fire - 6
Water - 2
Light - 4
Dark - 1

Rare:
None

Super Rare:
Metal - 1 (Magician, my first! WOOOOOOO!)

s7D15ua.jpg
Probably going to look around my friends list to see whether someone has any other SR up for trade, this spirit is actually pretty neat because of the awesome support ability, but I already have a levelled R spirit for that metal ability. But if anyone has an SR spirit up for trade, let me know.

Rixa

But if anyone has an SR spirit up for trade, let me know.

I do.

Are we friends in game, if not whats your game nick (tried yesterday to look from that google doc. didnt find). You could add me and I accept it (when Iam at home in ~4h), just tell whats your game nick.
Cuhullin is the SR Iam trading. Its my 3rd Cuhullin in release (I had one in beta too :p).

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I do.

Are we friends in game, if not whats your game nick (tried yesterday to look from that google doc. didnt find). You could add me and I accept it (when Iam at home in ~4h), just tell whats your game nick.
Cuhullin is the SR Iam trading. Its my 3rd Cuhullin in release (I had one in beta too :p).

I didnt join the google doc on purpose, but I can add you right now, whats your nick? :)
I'll still see what the other people in my friends list have up for trade, but it wouldnt hurt to have you in my friends list, and a fire SR is pretty high on my want list anyway.

Rixa

I didnt join the google doc on purpose, but I can add you right now, whats your nick? :)
I'll still see what the other people in my friends list have up for trade, but it wouldnt hurt to have you in my friends list, and a fire SR is pretty high on my want list anyway.

GAF/PSN/DOS are all the same for me too lazy to change name = Rixa

RpgN

Today is bad luck.

It's not bad. Holly shit, dark spirits beat the crap out of light. I can work with bad luck too. My strategy will be:

1. Grind normal fights on blessed days.
2. Beat raid bosses on bad luck days.
3. Play less on average luck days and change strategy depending on the situation.

Toma

Today is bad luck.

It's not bad. Holly shit, dark spirits beat the crap out of light. I can work with bad luck too. My strategy will be:

1. Grind normal fights on blessed days.
2. Beat raid bosses on bad luck days.
3. Play less on average luck days and change strategy depending on the situation.

Mine:

1. Grind on blessed days
2. Beat raid bosses every day
3. Make progress on average days

If I dont have bad luck for 5 days in a row, thats 5 days of raid points wasted.

RpgN

Mine:

1. Grind on blessed days
2. Beat raid bosses every day
3. Make progress on average days

If I dont have bad luck for 5 days in a row, thats 5 days of raid points wasted.

I don't mind beating raid bosses every day when they're still weak, but after that I don't mind putting them on hold for better days. You have around 18 days left anyways. Besides that, it's not like I'm trying to reach level 99 versions. Not with the current set-up at least. You get some good spirits drops up to level 10 and after that it takes too long.

Though I didn't think about what to do when you get too many similar days.

Toma

I don't mind beating raid bosses every day when they're still weak, but after that I don't mind putting them on hold for better days. You have around 18 days left anyways. Besides that, it's not like I'm trying to reach level 99 versions. Not with the current set-up at least. You get some good spirits drops up to level 10 and after that it takes too long.

Though I didn't think about what to do when you get too many similar days.

Yeah, but you can still help out your friends for example and get your overall raid level up, which still gives a ton of free summoning and spirit orbs.

ReaperXL7

It's bad that I am very tempted to spend the $20 psn space bucks I have on advanced summons. Strike Suit Zero, and Daylight come out next Tuesday though so I gotta stay strong.

nicolajNN

Besides the Giant Autonomous Weapon from the Knack summon I didn't have any SR, now I just summoned Hades and Zilant(grass, dragon thing) back to back. A bit of a shame that it's two of elements where I had decent rares at, or close to, max level, and I'm still waiting for a water R or SR spirit

Pbae

I have never wanted bad blessing as much as today. Merging cost so much later on. Sell all your commons because they give trash XP guys =[

Prelude.

Did anyone find out how trades work? I found an interesting R spirit but I could only trade only two of mine even though I had several R spirits in my collection.

Pbae

Did anyone find out how trades work? I found an interesting R spirit but I could only trade only two of mine even though I had several R spirits in my collection.

Was it a Destiny Summon? Because you can only trade paid summons for paid summons and summon stone summons for summon stone summons.

Toma

Was it a Destiny Summon? Because you can only trade paid summons for paid summons and summon stone summons for summon stone summons.

Oh, that is new to me as well. Weird restriction, especially because I found myself wanting to offer the "rarer" paid summon for a normal one. Where do the Hunt or daily login spirits go in that cateogorization?

Pbae

Oh, that is new to me as well. Weird restriction, especially because I found myself wanting to offer the "rarer" paid summon for a normal one. Where do the Hunt or daily login spirits go in that cateogorization?

Hunt and daily are normal summons. I think they implemented this system in order to maximize the amount of money used in the game. They have to get paid somehow.

Prelude.

Oh, that's probably the reason.

And what are the merge spirits for? Do they offer any kind of advantage when merging?

Moobabe

You guys know so much more about this game than me - I just do the same things every day :(

Luck?! MERGING?! SR!?!?!?! I have no idea what's going on ever. I just kill stuff and collect things

Toma

Hunt and daily are normal summons. I think they implemented this system in order to maximize the amount of money used in the game. They have to get paid somehow.

That makes sense, still sucks though.

bzzt

Neo Member
Is anyone else's friend list bugged? I've been at 40 for a while. Sometimes the bosses I beat don't give me anything(friend list max up, cost up, or spirits max up). Are they always supposed to drop something? This morning I finally beat a boss that gave me a friend list up. I tried to add someone but it told me that I was maxed out at 40/45. Now I just checked again and it says 40/40. I don't understand what happened.

Pbae

Oh, that's probably the reason.

And what are the merge spirits for? Do they offer any kind of advantage when merging?

Merge spirits are primarily used for merging and will generally give you more XP.

A Prince is meant primarily for XP.

A Joker is meant to break the level ceiling for a certain monster.

For instance a rare will have a level cap of 20. Once maxed, you can use the same exact spirit or a joker of the same elemental type to increase the level cap from 20 to 30. You can do this once for common, twice for uncommon, three times for rares and upwards to four times for super rares.

Besides the Giant Autonomous Weapon from the Knack summon I didn't have any SR, now I just summoned Hades and Zilant(grass, dragon thing) back to back. A bit of a shame that it's two of elements where I had decent rares at, or close to, max level, and I'm still waiting for a water R or SR spirit
I have a rare water spirit for trade. Send me a friend request.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
General questions:

1 - is there a list of the most desirable creatures anywhere? I'm not sure if the ones I get are any good or not.

2 - how do I add friends?! This UI is atrocious. Just so poorly thought out on so many levels.

3 - is there any reason NOT to fuse away all of my C and UC? I am generally operating under the assumption that using and leveling up my R and above is the way to go.

Toma

Cant trade with your SR. Trade in progress, so check your trade box that I could offer my SR spirit.

Someone wanted to offer me a weak 2.5 R for it. I needed to really think about this deal very closely before refusing it.

Trade is free again.

joe2187

Banned
General questions:

1 - is there a list of the most desirable creatures anywhere? I'm not sure if the ones I get are any good or not.

2 - how do I add friends?! This UI is atrocious. Just so poorly thought out on so many levels.

3 - is there any reason NOT to fuse away all of my C and UC? I am generally operating under the assumption that using and leveling up my R and above is the way to go.

1) At the summoning screen, tap the orange text that says "Summonable Creatures" above the compass for a look at all the available creatures and their rarity available to you. You can also reference the database in the OP Database

2) Go to options, click the search button. type in the name of your friend and add.

3) usually it's better to fuse Rs and SR's seeing as if you ever plan on moving forward you'll need higher level spirits and only R's and SR's can level up higher.

Toma

General questions:

1. No, almost all Rs are at least decent though, support and attack abilities are the most important for "desirability", some very good ones are:
- Change all allies to X
- 1,5x damage to all enemies
- 2x damage to single enemy
- reduce first damage to 1HP (all allies)

2. Options -> search, or directly from the friends menu if you click on one of the random players there

3. Fusing away all C is not recommended later on as fusing is too expensive and not worth the small C improvement. Fusing away ALL UC is not recommended either, since UC can be very strong in the early game through inbred bonusses if you fuse them only with the same spirit (Werewolf + Werewolf). Additionally they take up less space and are needed to fill up a team. Choosing good spirits for that is vital though as you need many UCs to level up Rs so you dont want to spread yourself too broad, suggestions would be Werewolf, griffin or Basilisk.

General questions:

A couple of UC spirits are pretty good if you fuse them to themselves. Otherwise merge them with your rares, at least until level 10.

Cha

Decided that I'm gonna collect and use water Jokers to try and level up and build the ultimate most OP Skuld(UC/water/EU) ever! Because, why not?! :D
I got great blessings 2 days in a row now. It sucks! Prefer Bad Luck.

Toma

Decided that I'm gonna collect and use water Jokers to try and level up and build the ultimate most OP Skuld(UC/water/EU) ever! Because, why not?! :D
I got great blessings 2 days in a row now. It sucks! Prefer Bad Luck.

Huh? Why would you need water jokers for a UC water spirit? You know you can expand his level limit with another Skuld merge, right?

Also, dont complain, at least you got a blessing, average luck is way worse in comparison. :p

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thanks for the answers, everyone, appreciated.

On a related note, I did some advanced pulls and got some doubles. I will post them later for trade. Also, I added my info to the OP, please add :)

EGOMON

Yeah its a curse to this game. Hopefully my luck today is something else than average luck. Its really stopping my progress in this game (40 areas freed). Average luck = shittiest luck of them all.

Any ideas how many levels would SR lvl 1 spirit increase to same lvl 13 SR spirit?
Not sure if to trade SR spirit or to fetch it or to wait level max.

Ofc seems kinda wasting that SR to fetch it, since I know Ill get Great Blessing day at some point and then is time to grind and grind more.

Exactly it is useless at least ith Bad Luck you can farm SP and overpower the raid bosses.
The first 10 level are easier to reach its after that becomes harder to level up even level 10 UC merge won't give you a full level past level 10 on SR

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Ummm. I'm in the Americas section of the map. How many zones do I have to clear to be allowed to move into Europe or Asia? I've been making a beeline for either for a few days now. And now it's a brick wall.

B.O.O.M

Ummm. I'm in the Americas section of the map. How many zones do I have to clear to be allowed to move into Europe or Asia? I've been making a beeline for either for a few days now. And now it's a brick wall.

I think I released like 4-5 and now I'm in Africa

Toma

You need to free whole areas, not single zones, for other areas to unlock.

Prelude.

Merge spirits are primarily used for merging and will generally give you more XP.

A Prince is meant primarily for XP.

A Joker is meant to break the level ceiling for a certain monster.

For instance a rare will have a level cap of 20. Once maxed, you can use the same exact spirit or a joker of the same elemental type to increase the level cap from 20 to 30. You can do this once for common, twice for uncommon, three times for rares and upwards to four times for super rares.
Thanks, those princes are pretty useful, they boosted 3 levels at a time.

Top Bottom