• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Pbae

How do you get the coins for rare summons outside of buying them?

I suppose what I'm asking is: Is any content locked out to me if I don't want to spend any money?

Only the advance summons.

I've gotten to where I'm at with only my initial advance summon and I didn't even use it other than once or twice.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I kinda wish I didn't use the Sorry Orbs to buy a Gravity Rush summon. I got Spy Raven, which isn't horrible or anything, but I probably would have been better off doing the regular advanced summoning.

Advanced Summon has quite a few shitty R summons too though. I did it 3 times, and got a rather shitty green R spirit 3 times.

Kalamoj

I have 3 area bosses available to me, one off the coast of alaska, one in the caribbean islands and one in hudson bay.

They all murder me outright. I need more blue orbs to summon help

I was in the same shoes, a hired lvl 25 Hattori Hanzo with my Morrigan and Ladon obliterated zone bosses. Bad luck with green power up, ftw!

joe2187

Banned
I have had Great blessing two days in a row, and it's keeping me from ever progressing in the map or boss fights.

I'll just keep grinding away SC in the meanwhile.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I have had Great blessing two days in a row, and it's keeping me from ever progressing in the map or boss fights.

I'll just keep grinding away SC in the meanwhile.

Why does it keep you from progressing on the map?

joe2187

Banned
Why does it keep you from progressing on the map?

Need blue orbs to summon support spirits, as well as merge spirits. Cant really do much damage to lvl 31 bosses without both.

Use your summon stones to get spirits and sell them .

50 orbs for C spirits and 100 orbs for UC, not really a great bargain especially when those are useful for leveling my higher spirits and the amount of blue orbs is trivial compared to what I really need them for.

Toma

Need blue orbs to summon support spirits, as well as merge spirits. Cant really do much damage to lvl 31 bosses without both.

50 orbs for C spirits and 100 orbs for UC, not really a great bargain especially when those are useful for leveling my higher spirits and the amount of blue orbs is trivial compared to what I really need them for.

Ah right, forgot about the merging costs. Yeah, I am trying to keep my spirit orbs always above 50k in case something like that happens. Currently at 70k so I should be good for a few days.

It becomes less useful when you realese that the costs of leveling up spirits raises constantly as you spirit grows. At one point I realize that I could not afford leveling up my metal SR because merging it with a C golden spirit costed much and give little experience.

Anyone else using a levelled up Hunapu? I like his fixed 500 damage in boss fights. He is better than many R spirits I've seen. I also use a werewolf and scorpion a lot.

Toma

Anyone else using a levelled up Hunapu? I like his fixed 500 damage in boss fights. He is better than many R spirits I've seen. I also use a werewolf and scorpion a lot.

Can you post a pic/the stats of the levelled scorpion? Was contemplating that one.

I for one cant stress enough how important Basilisk is. I am using it every boss fight, those 10 seconds freeze time are amazing.

Vamphuntr

Would like to trade these :

CozzsKN.jpg

2 of that one

and this

I'm using a lvl 15 one. It doesn't have really good stats because I had no idea you had to merge him with himself to get better stats. If you like his 500 damage you might like (C) Kozu and Mezu from the raid boss. 1.0 cost and skill does fixed 400 damage. Vampire Hunter (R) has one that deals 800 damages and someone on my friend list and an advanced (R) Metal golem that does 1200 fixed damage.

EGOMON

Is the party leader always the one spirit your friends can use as support or is it dtermined by something else? Also how do your surpass max lvl fuse your spirit with the same kind?

Hi bro sorry i refused your Raven trade request for my Kat cause i already have it

Can you post a pic/the stats of the levelled scorpion? Was contemplating that one.

I for one cant stress enough how important Basilisk is. I am using it every boss fight, those 10 seconds freeze time are amazing.
aQfxgE4.jpg

I use it quite a bit, especially for clearing areas. Good hitpoints so I can use it while rares are healing.

Cha

YES! YEEEEESSSSSS!!! :D
M-My queen! My qq-queen has arrived!!
Must have all the Kats!... ALL OF THEM!!
*Need Orbs!* Oh! - WE GOT ORBS!
Spend mode! ACTIVATE!!
Build a Kat army, I must! Yes indeedy!
brEathe. Must Breathe Breathing is important.
KAT! XD
I'm happy.

Only got a regular UC kat, and Nevi so far. Today is a nice surprise.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Decided to roll the dice on Gravity Rush summons. Got one terrible Uncommon and then accidentally hit Continue Summoning for another terrible Uncommon.

That's two abysmal non-humanoid Uncommons. Absolutely worthless aside from being able to trade for Cash Spirits. This game hates me.

Cha

What do the little player icons(with numbers next to them) on the world map mean? Nowhere near any of them as yet.

Toma

Kinda funny how my best boss fight team looks:
96HzndB.jpg

By the looks of it, I'll roll without an SR or more R's in there for a long time to come.

Amn

Neo Member
Kinda funny how my best boss fight team looks:
96HzndB.jpg

By the looks of it, I'll roll without an SR or more R's in there for a long time to come.
The earth Joker being at lvl 40 in the raid is a pain, isn't it? I'm using an earth rare as my leader too (Hermes, 25% speed boost), and it sucks to have him at 30 while the rest of my team is in the high 20's or low 30's.

Woenix Phright

Neo Member
So in general I'm getting the feeling UC is going to carry me through the game? Rs and SRs take to long to level up and you won't get many bonus stats on them for how hard they are to get?

Makes sense I guess, just wish the Rares and Super Rares were kind of easier to use even after getting them. I have one almost level 14 and it cost me a few uncommons and almost every same element common afterwards when I could just be leveling my uncommon much easier.

Rixa

Summoned about 90 spirits today.
1 SR
5 R (2 were same).
Iam having project Skuld & Sphinx.

I like this very much.
2014-04-03-174341.jpg

2 Of these with nice pics:p~
2014-04-03-182609.jpg

Project Sphinx
2014-04-03-211248.jpg

2014-04-03-211321.jpg

Skuld
2014-04-03-211425.jpg

This game is so addictive, used 30 orbs and bought 15 more slot to my spirits, didnt use orbs to GR summoning, might use few summons when Doko Demo Issyo comes.

Toma

So in general I'm getting the feeling UC is going to carry me through the game? Rs and SRs take to long to level up and you won't get many bonus stats on them for how hard they are to get?

Makes sense I guess, just wish the Rares and Super Rares were kind of easier to use even after getting them. I have one almost level 14 and it cost me a few uncommons and almost every same element common afterwards when I could just be leveling my uncommon much easier.

UCs can carry you through the early part of the game, aka the first 100 hours.

joe2187

Banned
Dark Spirit rare.

What are you looking for? I need a dark spirit, I have a ton of Dark Princes but absolutely no dark spirits I could really use your Dark R.

I've got two different Earth R's and an Asian Light R in my trade list if you're interested

Concept17

The improvements your spirits made due to the level up.

Thanks.

Couple other questions for anyone:

Are there any 'guides' for this game?

Should I be leveling up in any specific way/using certain creatures etc, or is it just throw as many as you can at whichever you want to level up?

How do you raise your 'Cost' beyond 5.0?

Pbae

Thanks.

Couple other questions for anyone:

Are there any 'guides' for this game?

Should I be leveling up in any specific way/using certain creatures etc, or is it just throw as many as you can at whichever you want to level up?

How do you raise your 'Cost' beyond 5.0?

Free up zones and your team cost goes up as well as inventory and friend list.

RalchAC

Would some change my Yunica (Wood) for Kat (fire) or other cool fire spirit? It's the only element I don't have a decent leader :(

EGOMON

YES! YEEEEESSSSSS!!! :D
M-My queen! My qq-queen has arrived!!
Must have all the Kats!... ALL OF THEM!!
*Need Orbs!* Oh! - WE GOT ORBS!
Spend mode! ACTIVATE!!
Build a Kat army, I must! Yes indeedy!
brEathe. Must Breathe Breathing is important.
KAT! XD
I'm happy.

Only got a regular UC kat, and Nevi so far. Today is a nice surprise.
Everyone loves Kat :D

Kalamoj

Since I couldn't catch an SR yet, I decided to use 60 orbs for advanced summon. Rolled 2 Hellhounds.
I'm officially on the 'DoS hates you' list.

Top Bottom