• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Just a bunch of technical question i have always forgot to ask:
-how much time does the skill bar take to be full?
-how much damage a strong element does to the weak one(water to fire for example)? 1.5x? 2x?
-how much damage a weak element does to the strong one(fire to water for example)? 0.5x?
-An ability that changes the element of a spirit affects its ability too(after the element change 2x water damage remain water damage or it changes too)?

Shoyz

Why are you so awesome to spend time on a game for us you arent even playing :-o
I'll send you a request for Zhuge if you put it up.

Not much effort to clean it out :)
Though now that I check the trade menu, Zhuge isn't locked but won't appear as tradable for some reason..maybe she's a tutorial-locked pickup? Whoops.
Jiangshi is cool looking though (totally as good)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Though now that I check the trade menu, Zhuge isn't locked but won't appear as tradable for some reason..maybe she's a tutorial-locked pickup? Whoops.

Jiangshi is cute, but then I'll take Hotei off your hands. Maybe I can use his support ability :)

RalchAC

I think they need to have 100% HP for trading. I have the same problem some days ago

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Or maybe because Zhuge is your current main spirit in the team. I think it wont let you trade the one that is currently set as the first spirit.

Toma

Just a bunch of technical question i have always forgot to ask:
-how much time does the skill bar take to be full?
-how much damage a strong element does to the weak one(water to fire for example)? 1.5x? 2x?
-how much damage a weak element does to the strong one(fire to water for example)? 0.5x?
-An ability that changes the element of a spirit affects its ability too(after the element change 2x water damage remain water damage or it changes too)?

- 5-6 seconds.
- 1,5x
- 0,5x
- Ability elements wont change

Toma

Looking forward to the next event, these level 40-50 Intis are becoming ridiculous. I'll probably still do the occasional fight to get the 8000 spirit orbs bonus at least I think.

RalchAC

Looking forward to the next event, these level 40-50 Intis are becoming ridiculous. I'll probably still do the occasional fight to get the 8000 spirit orbs bonus at least I think.

Wow, how many areas have you freed? I'm having some problems and I'm at level 15 fights lol.

I'm thinking of formatting my Vita to go to my Japanese account for a bit.. I take it all data for this game is stored on the server right?

Toma

Small tidbit that I cant verify to 100% but I thought is nice to know and seems to be correct:

If you see the element listing before a fight, the one that is more likely to appear is the first mention, meaning if there is a fight with Fire/Metal, then you'll likely want to prepare by packing more water, but if the fight is Metal/Fire, then you likely want more Fire spirits.

Small tidbit that I cant verify to 100% but I thought is nice to know and seems to be correct:

If you see the element listing before a fight, the one that is more likely to appear is the first mention, meaning if there is a fight with Fire/Metal, then you'll likely want to prepare by packing more water, but if the fight is Metal/Fire, then you likely want more Fire spirits.

I'd noticed this too.
Also, if you're going up against fire, take some water - but their minions will take whatever water is weak against, so take whatever that's weak against too.

Toma

I'd noticed this too.
Also, if you're going up against fire, take some water - but their minions will take whatever water is weak against, so take whatever that's weak against too.

You mean in boss fights? Those are usually either random or set, meaning a metal spirit might always have fire minions, while a different boss fight might have random element minions, so these arent always the same.

Grinchy

Banned

Yeah I came to this conclusion last night and it seemed to hold up. I've been preparing that way since.

Einherjar

Still trying to get rid of this one :

Will you trade Kat for Cerberus?

---

Also anyone have Yellow Emperor for trade? If so what are you looking for?

I have 100k summoning stones saved up, so I can wait for a certain blessing day and try to get that SR for you lol. I'm in the NA region.

Toma

Yeah I came to this conclusion last night and it seemed to hold up. I've been preparing that way since.

Cool to know others noticed the same, so it seems to be true. Thanks.

I refuse to play this game on Average Luck

While I agree that average luck sucks, I made about 16k summoning orbs and 15k spirit orbs today, freed around 5 regions and defeated 15 raid bosses (including friend raids). I mean its not like there is no progress to be made.

The big caveat with the average luck abstinence is that average luck is standard and most likely to appear. Out of my 50 friends, 30 have average luck, so with a chance of 50-66% average luck will appear on most days anyway.

Toma

Barely any summon orb drops and no advantages in raid fights (as opposed to bad luck).
Once the light raid is over, I assume bad luck will be the worst luck because then its basically even more annoying than standard is now.

joe2187

Banned
How long do I have to wait until I can trade spirits again?

Everytime I want to initiate a trade I get "You have reached the maximum number of pending trades and cannot send any more requests" even though I have no pending trades.

Toma

Everytime I want to initiate a trade I get "You have reached the maximum number of pending trades and cannot send any more requests" even though I have no pending trades.

Weird, I can usually use the trade slots as soon as they are free again.

Toma

I accidentally spent 10 orbs to recover all of my party's HP.

It hurt.

I was laughing more at this than I probably should.

On a related note, i just found out that I maxed the spirit number limit that I can buy with orbs. I am at 72, and maybe 12 of those were free, so it was 8 possible upgrades or so?

Nekobo

This game is addicting! My love for Gravity Rush is tempting me to buy orbs, le sigh.

Also looking to trade Yunica for Kat.

EGOMON

Cool to know others noticed the same, so it seems to be true. Thanks.

While I agree that average luck sucks, I made about 16k summoning orbs and 15k spirit orbs today, freed around 5 regions and defeated 15 raid bosses (including friend raids). I mean its not like there is no progress to be made.

The big caveat with the average luck abstinence is that average luck is standard and most likely to appear. Out of my 50 friends, 30 have average luck, so with a chance of 50-66% average luck will appear on most days anyway.
Every time i clear an area on AL makes me think how much Summon Stones/Spirit Points would have gotten if were on Blessing/Bad Luck so i decided to only progress when i am blessing or bad luck average luck is break days as i have huge backlog on PS3/Vita and few games on PS4 still didn't play yet

What Toma said, also i feel it is a waste of time with no rewards or advantages

baekshi

Banned

You can't trade with the same person more than once at the same time.

The one way I found how to do twice with same person at same time is that both of you put up a request for trade instead of you doing twice.

Toma

This game is addicting! My love for Gravity Rush is tempting me to buy orbs, le sigh.

Why does everyone want to trade away Yunica, she is like the strongest grass R spirit I came across so far after 75 hours or so.

i think that's because you already offering 3 of your spirits in the trade tab, you need to take one off and then go back to initiate one. then the new trade will take the remaining spot in your trade window

Toma

Are you kidding me. One of my friends had a spirit with "First attack of every ally is 150% higher".

I just killed a level 35 boss in ONE round with that support spirit without taking any damage, every spirit of mine did 2.000 - 2.500k damage (they were strong against the boss element AND its the daily element, so they did 800-1000k per attack).

EGOMON

Are you kidding me. One of my friends had a spirit with "First attack of every ally is 150% higher".

I just killed a level 35 boss in ONE round with that support spirit without taking any damage, every spirit of mine did 2.000 - 2.500k damage (they were strong against the boss element AND its the daily element, so they did 800-1000k per attack).

Damn thats freakin awesome, do you know the name/region of the spirit?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Why does everyone want to trade away Yunica, she is like the strongest grass R spirit I came across so far after 75 hours or so.

I left her up as my leader by accident, and she received a ridiculous number of uses, far more than my "strong" leads.

Toma

Damn thats freakin awesome, do you know the name/region of the spirit?

It was an asian SR, but I forgot to look up the name because I was too baffled by the 2000-2500k numbers and the fight was over before I could stop being baffled, lol.

Toma

I have an extra and I'd like to get Kat because I like Kat.

I'd love to trade it off your hands to limit break my Yunica, but Yunica is my only GR spirit unfortunately.

lol. Hey Toma, you had a spirit that reduces first round of enemy attack to 1, what do you think of it? still awesome?

i'll trade you a Kat , what's your id

beaten: nevermind. Toma gets it. :)

Sure, though Black Body's your only other non-Witch trade on offer.

I also have Zhuge Liang, Hotei, and Jiangshi, if anybody wants them for any junk common (non-cash)
i would like to trade your Hotei, adding you ...

Toma

lol. Hey Toma, you had a spirit that reduces first round of enemy attack to 1, what do you think of it? still awesome?

i'll trade you a Kat , what's your id

beaten: nevermind. Toma gets it. :)

i would like to trade your Hotei, adding you ...
I am not trading with him because i dont have the kat he wants. Go ahead =)

And the 1dmg spirit isnt quite as overpowered as i thought he would be, but heis still pretty awesome and my lead spirit for almost every boss fight. He allows spirits with awesome attack abilities to stay on field longer, which overall might be around 1800-2500 damage per boss fight that I am making because he is protecting the others.

Edit:He is also super super awesome for grinding low levels since I am now losing no health whatsoever in these fights.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I was laughing more at this than I probably should.

On a related note, i just found out that I maxed the spirit number limit that I can buy with orbs. I am at 72, and maybe 12 of those were free, so it was 8 possible upgrades or so?

Are you saying you spent about 2160 Destiny Orbs?

Top Bottom