• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Are you saying you spent about 2160 Destiny Orbs?

huh? No, it took me 10 orbs for every unlock, so it was 80 or so, almost all of which were free developer gifts. The 72 was my complete number of spirit slots and you get 5 for each cash unlock.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
huh? No, it took me 10 orbs for every unlock, so it was 80 or so, almost all of which were free developer gifts. The 72 was my complete number of spirit slots and you get 5 for each cash unlock.

Ah, I got ya. I read that completely wrong. I thought you had summoned 72 Advanced spirits and would not allow for more.

Good to know though!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Ah, I got ya. I read that completely wrong. I thought you had summoned 72 Advanced spirits and would not allow for more.

Good to know though!

I am a tad obsessed with this game, but not THAT mad (yet).

DeviantBoi

Bought some orbs and got two of the same rare summon. FML.

Anyone wanna trade for this:

IEWp6U0.jpg

econodog

Neo Member
I have a R Captain Cook up for trade, only looking for a Barong to trade with this one. Not many Captain Cooks floating around yet!

2014-04-05-094335_CC.jpg

PSN is econodog - in game name is eco (game wouldn't let me use the name econodog for some weird reason).

Toma

I have a R Captain Cook up for trade, only looking for a Barong to trade with this one. Not many Captain Cooks floating around yet!

2014-04-05-094335_CC.jpg

PSN is econodog - in game name is eco (game wouldn't let me use the name econodog for some weird reason).

That guy is really neat.

IEWp6U0.jpg

This one too, too bad they are light/dark. Actually you should keep it for yourself and you are more lucky than you might think. You need 4 of this spirit eventually to reach the max level. One doesnt get you very far.

Toma

Could you explain?

Sure, you can level all R spirits until level 20. After that they either need a light/dark joker (which apparently doesnt exist or is currently unobtainable) or that exact same spirit again to do a limit break. If you merge Level 20 XYZ with Level 1 XYZ, then your level 20 XYZ gains the ability to reach level 30! With rares you can do that 3 times up to a max level of 50.

The problem here is that those jokers for light/dark apparently dont exist currently, so you need 1 base spirit and 3 times the same spirit for limit breaks.

C can limit break 1 time, UCs 2 times, R 3 times and SR 4 times.

Edit. Also that Dark spirit is pretty fucking amazing (awesome stats, amazeballs support ability and great attack ability) and probably the best R Dark I've seen yet. Consider yourself lucky.

Edit2: If there are eventually light/dark jokers, then you can also do the limit break later and keep the spirit for trading. But we dont know how long that might take.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The problem here is that those jokers for light/dark apparently dont exist, so you need 1 base spirit and 3 times the same spirit for limit breaks.

I still contend that light and dark jokers exist, just not for this raid. It's just a matter of time. For example, the wikia already has the artwork for the Joker of Light:

Toma

I still contend that light and dark jokers exist, just not for this raid. It's just a matter of time. For example, the wikia already has the artwork for the Joker of Light:

Ah nice, good to know. Thanks :) Then I wont need to fret too much about that missing Belobog. Still might take 2-3 weeks until these pop up though.

DeviantBoi

Sure, you can level all R spirits until level 20. After that they either need a light/dark joker (which apparently doesnt exist or is currently unobtainable) or that exact same spirit again to do a limit break. If you merge Level 20 XYZ with Level 1 XYZ, then your level 20 XYZ gains the ability to reach level 30! With rares you can do that 3 times up to a max level of 50.

The problem here is that those jokers for light/dark apparently dont exist, so you need 1 base spirit and 3 times the same spirit for limit breaks.

C can limit break 1 time, UCs 2 times, R 3 times and SR 4 times.

Edit. Also that Dark spirit is pretty fucking amazing (awesome stats, amazeballs support ability and great attack ability) and probably the best R Dark I've seen yet. Consider yourself lucky.
I did not know that.

I guess I should keep it then, unless I find a fire R to trade it for.

Toma

Finally got my second SR:
...but out of all the elements, this is probably the most useless to me since I am already stuck with 3 earth spirits that I cant level. Anyone having a different SR up for trade?

Toma

Should I merge two of the same rare spirit together or is it better to try to trade it?

It's an Adaptive Camouflage.

Dont merge them just for XP, either merge them to limit break at max level or trade.

Vamphuntr

Finally got my second SR:

...but out of all the elements, this is probably the most useless to me since I am already stuck with 3 earth spirits that I cant level. Anyone having a different SR up for trade?

It's the first SR I got and I don't think it's very good. It has low attack power and the support rarely triggers because of the 5%. Mine is level 22 and even some uncommon have better attack power lol.

Toma

It's the first SR I got and I don't think it's very good. It has low attack power and the support rarely triggers because of the 5%. Mine is level 22 and even some uncommon have better attack power lol.

Uncommons having better attack power than Rs or SRs is not unusual, however these Rs or SRs eventually gain 10-25 more levels which will make them outrank the uncommons eventually.

This is my current spirit list sorted by strength:
0mW8Ghs.jpg

In the late, late game its likely better to have more SR's at level 60 than R's at only level 45 if it only comes down to stats.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
IEWp6U0.jpg
Wow. That's an amazing spirit. Sadly, I don't have anything to trade for it =\
2014-04-05-094335_CC.jpg

I want this. You should keep it. Have you tried his Battle Skill yet? It's a boss killer. And change all element to dark is a god send. You can take your highest attackers and just roll out to deal neutral damage to everyone. I don't think you'll be able to get a Barong from all but 2 or 3 people here since that's an Asia spirit.

He has good hitpoints and his secondary skill is useful when fighting water spirits. I use mine a lot.

econodog

Neo Member
I want this. You should keep it. Have you tried his Battle Skill yet? It's a boss killer. And change all element to dark is a god send. You can take your highest attackers and just roll out to deal neutral damage to everyone. I don't think you'll be able to get a Barong from all but 2 or 3 people here since that's an Asia spirit.

I've already got a trade underway now for a Barong. I agree, Captain Cook is great for bosses, and I plan on leveling up one later in the game. For now whilst I'm just farming stuff to build up my Summoning Stones & Spirit Points the Barong is ideal - and I'm sure it'll be rented quite often too.

Toma

I've already got a trade underway now for a Barong. I agree, Captain Cook is great for bosses, and I plan on leveling up one later in the game. For now whilst I'm just farming stuff to build up my Summoning Stones & Spirit Points the Barong is ideal - and I'm sure it'll be rented quite often too.

Yep, my Barong is rented about twice as much as my other spirits and its indeed handy for farming.

bzzt

Neo Member
It was an asian SR, but I forgot to look up the name because I was too baffled by the 2000-2500k numbers and the fight was over before I could stop being baffled, lol.

Ashura. Thor, if I recall, is the EU equivalent. I'm jealous of all these great SRs.

gazele

Banned
Flying is awesome for this game, flew to Las Vegas (connecting flight) 8 spirits, only one rare though, kwadee who I already have two of haha, gonna try in a sec in the Orange County airport

Takao

Banned
I accidentally sold my level 10 rare fire type ;_; I thought I was in the Merge Spirits screen, but I was in the Spirit Collection ... Now my only fire type is a level 1 Griffin.

coolasj19

I accidentally sold my level 10 rare fire type ;_; I thought I was in the Merge Spirits screen, but I was in the Spirit Collection ... Now my only fire type is a level 1 Griffin.
Wow dude... Sorry. I know I would Cry and the Delete the game if I sold my Blue Body. Who is not only my best and oldest anchor, but my only Earth spirit.

econodog

Neo Member

Oh no, that would hurt! Sorry to hear about that. Make sure you lock every spirit you intend to level up and only unlock them when you want to get rid of them. You can still level up locked spirits, you can't sell them or trade them. I almost did the same thing on a couple occasions, that was enough to lock them all!

Dragun619

Edit2: If there are eventually light/dark jokers, then you can also do the limit break later and keep the spirit for trading. But we dont know how long that might take.

If you we're in the beta, I think we maybe getting a Joker of light sometime this month. Though it doesn't mention specifically what Joker we're getting, it does have the Joker of Light picture posted.

To all Closed Beta participants - Reward and Improvements/changes

Grinchy

Banned

I almost do this all the time when I'm merging.

Toma

I almost do this all the time when I'm merging.

If you only sort by strengt or rarity, you rarely merge Rs because the Cs and UCs are all at the bottom in a single row.

RedBoot

I got a Lugh in Destiny Summon today and almost sold him by accident when I went to Lock him. Gotta be careful.

What exactly determines what spirit you send out as your rental? Just whoever's in your lead position at the time?

Toma

I got a Lugh in Destiny Summon today and almost sold him by accident when I went to Lock him. Gotta be careful.

What exactly determines what spirit you send out as your rental? Just whoever's in your lead position at the time?

Yep.

TheAznOne

Got my 2nd day of Great Blessing. Still don't have gotten bad luck yet so I can't comment on it yet. So far I had 4xGB and 5xAL days. I got my Great blessing back and it seems that the drop rate for the stones have reduced somewhat.

Day 1 and 2 when I had GB, per battle I was getting stone drops around 200-400+ per battle. Now when I got it once again yesterday and today, it seems like I've been only getting maybe 150 or less even 0 stones drops per battle, the occasional big stone once every few battles but not like I was getting on Day 1 and 2. You think they reduced the drop rates since the game got released? I know they had emergency maintenance a few times since release but I think it some was for that map exploit that was game breaking.

Toma

Anyone got a sorcerer or pandora left over that he'd trade with me?

coolasj19

13635712193_a39001002c.jpg
13635695015_1863af5e3a.jpg

13635709683_44367ec6f8.jpg
13635708393_56f306305a.jpg

These are all for trade. Maybe you have a Rare that you don't like? Offer me that. I'll probably accept. But all of these are copies and I don't think I need to use them with the originals to Limit Break them, any time soon.

ReaperXL7

I think they should rotate the events more frequently to be honest. Grinding out these light themed boss raids is getting alittle dull primarily because I don't have any interest in any of the spirits you can get from it outside of the jokers.

Looking forward to the dark themed event which I'm sure will be next.

coolasj19

Got these two and added to the database.
Greys for the Spider Mother?
Dear god yes. That'll fix the fact that I only have one Earth Spirit. I'll finally be able to defeat that ass of a Zone Boss. Water, 9k health.

I sent you a friend request and fixed my trade slots. Feel free to make other offers while you're perusing around.

Top Bottom