• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

B.O.O.M

I just contemplated again that there are a ton of american (and european and asian) R spirits I havent seen yet because I still need to unlock them. Just unlocked this guy for R summoning:

Love this design and considering I still have about 350 areas left with ~ 25- 35 area bosses, thats a lot of random normal summon Rs I didnt see yet.

That's a dope design

How do you 'unlock' them btw?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yeah that's a pretty badass Free Willy. I have he serves a porpoise on your team.

I didnt get him, just unlocked him for the summoning pool.

... but I hope I get him eventually.

That's a dope design

How do you 'unlock' them btw?

Beating the red pulsating area bosses that are basically only bosses without normal fights unlocks these bosses for summoning in the normal 300 orb summon. Due to that, I also developed the habit to go towards the bosses as soon as I unlocked them, because then they can pop up in the summons:
DB71pBo.jpg

B.O.O.M

Beating the red pulsating area bosses that are basically only bosses without normal fights unlocks these bosses for summoning in the normal 300 orb summon. Due to that, I also developed the habit to go towards the bosses as soon as I unlocked them, because then they can pop up in the summons:

oh he was a zone boss then. Didn't come across him yet.

Today is great luck day..time to collect them gems

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Got two more rares I'd trade off, I am more looking for rares to limit break than new ones atm:

4V16qd0.jpg

W6avXB9.jpg

Additional stuff I have up for trade that I mentioned earlier:
Ixmucane
Wakan Tanka
Cernunnos
Ogma
Tezcatliopoca (only trade for another SR)

Stuff I'd like:
Belobog, Prometheus, Witch, Sorcerer, Barong

Do you get more friendship summoning when you have a great blessing? I had like 10 gift summons in my mailbox.

Yeah, some people use that as a factor to decide to pick you. I dont think it has any effect, but people still go for it, same with the compatibility level.

Toma

In case someone wants to see how a fully levelled Basilisk with breed bonusses stacks up:

The HP never really gets high, but its serviceable enough to be useful for the ability, especially together with Barong, which saves him from the first attack.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Yup, fine by me. Added you and put up Freyja.

Great. Added. For some reason, it won't let me choose Ixchel. I had her up for trade and removed her, but she's still not selectable. I'm going to restart DoS and see if that changes anything.

EDIT: Okay, trade request sent.

Toma

Man, I got 4 SR's over the last 2 days. Witch one is better? Azure Dragon or God of Water?

Tough call, they are both 4.5 and God of Water seems to have the way better stats (HP) but the attack ability of Azure Dragon is way better. Azure Dragon also has a better support ability.. I'd probably go with Azure Dragon.

Anyway, do you have any interest in trading one of your SRs with this?

I cant deal with having more earth spirits to develop atm, so I am willing to consider almost any SR offer :p

Tough call, they are both 4.5 and God of Water seems to have the way better stats (HP) but the attack ability of Azure Dragon is way better. Azure Dragon also has a better support ability.. I'd probably go with Azure Dragon.

Anyway, do you have any interest in trading one of your SRs with this?

I cant deal with having more earth spirits to develop atm, so I am willing to consider almost any SR trade :p

Thanks, I was leaning towards Azure Dragon too. Lol thats one of the other SRs I got :p

Toma

Thanks, I was leaning towards Azure Dragon too. Lol thats one of the other SRs I got :p

God damn it, well if you plan on developing it, having a second one would mean you'd have a free limit break at least if you feel like using SRs for that (also considering earth jokers are currently hard to come by).

But yeah, I can see how that might not be your top priority, lol. Anyway, have fun with your 4 new shiny SRs :p

Toma

Thanks for the destiny summon spirit Tigerheli!

I wanted to choose a gaffer today too, but I had no gaffer to choose from.

Pbae

>_<

OH YEAAAHHHH I have a Japanese PSN acct. and I'm downloading DoS Asia

I have no idea how I got that far but guesswork and tenacity sure is useful :D

Vamphuntr

Got my second SR of the day. God of Water :( he's awful

On my friend list I actually saw someone with an SR T-rex. He's amazing, All first attack do 150% damage.

MoonGred

How important is your base location in this game? My vita has been having issues with my location from day one (near doesn't work either). When I start up the game it's looking for my location and fails each time.

I'm located in Australia, if that helps.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
My updated list before I go to sleep.
Have:
Joker of fire
Joker of Water x2
Gravity Panther SR GR ADV
Yellow body R ADV
Wakan Tanka x2 R
Adaptive Camouflage R
God of Fish R ADV
Ixchel R
Ah Puch R
Nine Tails Fox R (maybe)
Spy Costume Kat x2 R ADV (thinking about keeping the set so Kat is mostly available)
Spy Costume Raven R ADV
Spy Costume Yunica R ADV

Looking for:
Europe and Asia summons
These are just some of my interests.
fafnir
ame no uzume
veles
orca
hermes
ares
vampire hunter
leviathen
hattori hanzo
t-rex
sieffried

Also looking for:
Mazu
shin
jianshi
fung fu master
fire guardian
yuki onna
verdandi
Have: AM UC

How important is your base location in this game? My vita has been having issues with my location from day one (near doesn't work either). When I start up the game it's looking for my location and fails each time.

I'm located in Australia, if that helps.

does that happens only when you are home or does it happens every places you take your vita to? when you are connected to your network, do a Internet Connection Test, and check out what the NAT Type is. If your NAT Type is 3, that might be the reason why. You can changed your router setting to change the type. Just google vita nat type 3, there should be solutions. Let me know if that's the case.

Rixa

Yeah, yesterday hunted 2 times. First in the morning 122km away from home and latrr on the evening back home. Got 1 SR, 2 R, 4 UC, 3 C. Today on trip again 122km away from home 1 R, 4 UC, going to hunt in the evening 8h from now) again. Hunt is awesome way to get spirits. My workplace is 40km from home, so maybe I need to carry Vita and hunt daily when I get to work and later back in home. Addictive game.

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah, yesterday hunted 2 times. First in the morning 122km away from home and latrr on the evening back home. Got 1 SR, 2 R, 4 UC, 3 C. Today on trip again 122km away from home 1 R, 4 UC, going to hunt in the evening 8h from now) again. Hunt is awesome way to get spirits. My workplace is 40km from home, so maybe I need to carry Vita and hunt daily when I get to work and later back in home. Addictive game.

Yeah I need to start bringing my Vita with me again to get some hunts.

Pop

Got this guy just now. Not much but I like his support skill.

puc66I9.jpg

oT0lpFH.jpg

Got that dude on my first night of playing. I'm having a great time with this game. Feels like I gotta collect them all.

So after hearing they added Gravity Rush character to this the other day I had to give this a go, I've got a few questions though hopefully someone can answer.

1: How do I get hold of Asian region spirits? All I get from the summoning is a bunch of lame Greek/Celtic folklore stuff which I don't want, I have a really cool Japanese spirit from somewhere, but I have no idea how I got it.

2: Is there any way to search for trades ala. the GTS in Pokemon or something? I don't want any of the EU spirits I've got, but I can't find any way to trade other than with registered friends.

3: Is there any way to get more destiny orbs without paying? I mostly wanted to play the game for the Gravity Rush stuff but I spent my 30 orbs and only got Cyanae rather than Kat from the summoning and I've not had any more since.

RalchAC

You guys...I know you're saying fortune doesn't affect summoning. So it might purely be a coincidence, but today I managed to get 2 rares on ''blessing'' luck.

That Jiangshi could be mine. I may used you as my destiny partner yesterday. It's cute, but I don't think I'll ever use it :( I already have 2 rares + 1 uncommon of that element.

Haven't gotten a R in the last 50-70 normal summons :(

lol it's been D day for the past week for me haha I need to go play Asura's Wrath soon or something. Still didn't even open the case of that game

Yup. It's been D day for quite some days.

this will be DoS's equivalent of down + b to catch pokemon

What? Pokeballs work better when you press A, not B. Everybody know "B" means cancel.

Ghost Cat added...surprised she wasn't on there already. Darn she's cute.
fzwxOs9.jpg

That shoe looks weird. Like it's about to fall. I don't especially the art of that spirit either.

1: How do I get hold of Asian region spirits?

2: Is there any way to search for trades ala. the GTS in Pokemon or something?

3: Is there any way to get more destiny orbs without paying?

1. Destiny partners, trading, bosses added to your posible summon list through conquering areas.

2. Nop. Trading is quite awkward in the game. Use this thread is you want to trade any spirit. Is the best I can recommend you.

3.- You get 10 orbs in some days, EU Plus subscribers got 35 free orbs. There were some 35 free orbs packs when there were problems with servers. But there are few ways to get them without paying.

I put like 5hours straight into this game but i get crushed by the first zone boss. I have leveled as much as i can. Hate that you have to buy health or wait for Regeneration. Oh well i guess thats why it is f2p.

Other than that pretty great game.

RalchAC

I put like 5hours straight into this game but i get crushed by the first zone boss. I have leveled as much as i can. Hate that you have to buy health or wait for Regeneration. Oh well i guess thats why it is f2p.

Other than that and the long loading times pretty great game.

Fixed xD

Are you using the rock-paper-scissors mechanics? Are you using support spirits? There must be something you're doing wrong. I didn't have any problem with the early levels of the game.

putermcgee

In case someone wants to see how a fully levelled Basilisk with breed bonusses stacks up:

The HP never really gets high, but its serviceable enough to be useful for the ability, especially together with Barong, which saves him from the first attack.
That's not bad, and something to look forward to. I've got a mixed Basilisk (a mutt?) that I just broke the first limit on, but also a level 6 pure-bred Basilisk that I'm planning on raising only through cannibalism, or whatever you want to call that.

In fact, as I've got "blessing" for today, I've pulled in a lot more stones than before, and have since started pure-breeding several spirits that I've already got stronger versions of.

For example...
Got this guy just now. Not much but I like his support skill.

puc66I9.jpg

Got that dude on my first night of playing. I'm having a great time with this game. Feels like I gotta collect them all.
I just broke through the first limit on this guy with mixed merging, but I also have one at level 8 that has only been merged with identical spirits.

And I know some people still don't believe the luck thing being separate from what you summon, but I got my first SR, Tezcatlipoca, last night with "average luck" and I've only pulled in UCs at best today with "blessing."

1. Destiny partners, trading, bosses added to your posible summon list through conquering areas.

2. Nop. Trading is quite awkward in the game. Use this thread is you want to trade any spirit. Is the best I can recommend you.

Well that's a real shame, I've only seen a single destiny partner from Asia, otherwise it's always the same few Americans/Europeans on the list every day.

If anyone happens to have Asian spirits they don't want and would like to trade them for any EU stuff let me know. I've only got uncommon/common stuff like Sphinx, Talos, Dahzbog, Minotaur, Svarog and such but I really don't care what I get in return.

Amn

Neo Member
That's not bad, and something to look forward to. I've got a mixed Basilisk (a mutt?) that I just broke the first limit on, but also a level 6 pure-bred Basilisk that I'm planning on raising only through cannibalism, or whatever you want to call that.

In fact, as I've got "blessing" for today, I've pulled in a lot more stones than before, and have since started pure-breeding several spirits that I've already got stronger versions of.

For example...
I just broke through the first limit on this guy with mixed merging, but I also have one at level 8 that has only been merged with identical spirits.

And I know some people still don't believe the luck thing being separate from what you summon, but I got my first SR, Tezcatlipoca, last night with "average luck" and I've only pulled in UCs at best today with "blessing."
Don't worry too much about pure-breeding. UC spirits cap out at +120 HP and +60 ATK/SPD for the pure breed bonuses. You'll hit that way before hitting level 35, so you're going to have to merge with other spirits anyways.

Ricker

Something I dont understand...I am quite early still and I bought by mistake 3 of the Gravity Rush guys(when it said continue I thought it was continue to see their stats not buy another one),with the little 30 gold things that you get at the start(or like I noticed today,you get 10 a day)...but I cant use them...? why..? it says in use or something...maybe I have to remove my 4 others but I dont want to mess up and sell them lol...I have 4 spots for my guys and one circle thats an X...

RalchAC

Well that's a real shame, I've only seen a single destiny partner from Asia, otherwise it's always the same few Americans/Europeans on the list every day.

If anyone happens to have Asian spirits they don't want and would like to trade them for any EU stuff let me know. I've only got uncommon/common stuff like Sphinx, Talos, Dahzbog, Minotaur, Svarog and such but I really don't care what I get in return.

I have a UC asian earth spirit you could like. Add me to tour friend lista. DoS id = GAF ID. Just send me somethin you don't want.

What's tour ID?

Don't worry too much about pure-breeding. UC spirits cap out at +120 HP and +60 ATK/SPD for the pure breed bonuses. You'll hit that way before hitting level 35, so you're going to have to merge with other spirits anyways.

What's pure breeding ?

Top Bottom