• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

MidBoss

i suggest you wait for either bad luck day or blessing, i can tell you average is the worst.

This really makes no sense but literally all my Rares came from a bad luck day so I'm inclined to agree.

Question: Is it worth it to fuse 2 Rares together to get the stat bonus? I have a spare joker anyway, so I was thinking about fusing the two for the stats.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This really makes no sense but literally all my Rares came from a bad luck day so I'm inclined to agree.

Question: Is it worth it to fuse 2 Rares together to get the stat bonus? I have a spare joker anyway, so I was thinking about fusing the two for the stats.

if 10 more health and 3 more strength seems worth it to you.. I'd use it for limit breaking and keeping the joker.

Also about 70,000 people tried this game. What do you guys think about that? In line with expectations? Too low? Higher than expected?

Unfortunately, we dont have any numbers of active users, since that includes pretty much everyone who started it up and never played again, but it seems to have a rather high % of players who stick with the game. The lowest player on my friendslist is at 11k battle points, 34 freed areas and rank 30.000, so that makes still about at least half of the players who are actively playing the game.

if 10 more health and 3 more strength seems worth it to you.. I'd use it for limit breaking and keeping the joker.

Also about 70,000 people tried this game. What do you guys think about that? In line with expectations? Too low? Higher than expected?

Unfortunately, we dont have any numbers of active users, since that includes pretty much everyone who started it up and never played again, but it seems to have a rather high % of players who stick with the game. The lowest player on my friendslist is at 11k battle points, 34 freed areas and rank 30.000, so that makes still about at least half of the players who are actively playing the game.

Seems low but the again it's not like Sony did anything to promote launch of game apart from blog post.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Seems low but the again it's not like Sony did anything to promote launch of game apart from blog post.

Yeah, I am getting the impression its more a sleeper hit than anything else, but I am sure they were expecting low-ish user counts anyway for such a niche title, so maybe the game is still more successful than they thought.

Toma

How much luck can a single person have. I am being showered in generosity, thank you oh spirit god for gracing me with 3 rares out of 30 summons.

Wakan Tanka. Wakan Tanka. Wakan Tanka

... since no one wants this guy anyway, I might just start inbreeding him and see whether he ends up at least decent that way.

MidBoss

Yeah, I am getting the impression its more a sleeper hit than anything else, but I am sure they were expecting low-ish user counts anyway for such a niche title, so maybe the game is still more successful than they thought.

I think maybe this is their take on a Puzzle&Dragons/Brave Frontier for the more hardcore audience. They may be testing the waters. I'm curious to know how many of us actually spent money on this thing. They have my money, at least. I usually drop a few bucks on f2p games to show my support if I think they did it right.

Toma

I think maybe this is their take on a Puzzle&Dragons/Brave Frontier for the more hardcore audience. They may be testing the waters. I'm curious to know how many of us actually spent money on this thing. They have my money, at least. I usually drop a few bucks on f2p games to show my support if I think they did it right.

Yeah, I dont have any issue paying either if I like the game. I was thinking of spending a couple of bucks for every set that pops up, without going crazy about needing to collect them all.

Amn

Neo Member

The gameplay itself doesn't have much to it, and with the way that raids are set up and health regenerates, it really commands a lot of your time. I think that'll cause a steep drop off in active players after around a month or so once the novelty of collecting spirits wears off.

Toma

The gameplay itself doesn't have much to it, and with the way that raids are set up and health regenerates, it really commands a lot of your time. I think that'll cause a steep drop off in active players after around a month or so once the novelty of collecting spirits wears off.

Yeah, but I think the hook of unlocking/finding more spirits actually works quite well, see the awesome Orca thing I saw yesterday and would like to find. As it seems, you'll be unlocking more Rs to summon until you freed all areas, so you might always have something new to look forward to.

The raids could be more interesting, I give you that, but if I am being totally honest here, I would have expected an F2P game like this to be without something like the raid system because the raid system gives you extra benefits and playtime without touching the other F2P elements. I am usually doing 2-3 levels, 1 raid, 2-3 levels, 1 raid etc, which gives me nice and fulfilling 2-3 hour play sessions without the feeling of being stopped in my progress by an F2P barrier (pay to play more!)

MidBoss

Yeah, I dont have any issue paying either if I like the game. I was thinking of spending a couple of bucks for every set that pops up, without going crazy about needing to collect them all.

Yeah, same. I might go crazy for a Patapon set though.
original.jpg

Amn

Neo Member
Yeah, but I think the hook of unlocking/finding more spirits actually works quite well, see the awesome Orca thing I saw yesterday and would like to find. As it seems, you'll be unlocking more Rs to summon until you freed all areas, so you might always have something new to look forward to.

The raids could be more interesting, I give you that, but if I am being totally honest here, I would have expected an F2P game like this to be without something like the raid system because the raid system gives you extra benefits and playtime without touching the other F2P elements. I am usually doing 2-3 levels, 1 raid, 2-3 levels, 1 raid etc, which gives me nice and fulfilling 2-3 hour play sessions without the feeling of being stopped in my progress by an F2P barrier (pay to play more!)

Yeah. It's nice that they designed the game so that you can play for long sessions without having to pay. Overall I love the core concept of the game and how they approached F2P, I just think they need to expand on it and add more hooks to keep up player interest. So I hope it does well enough for a Destiny of Spirits 2... or even well enough so that they can continue to add things to the current game.

Toma

do you know the pure breeding bonus cap for R and SR spirits?

150HP/ 80/80

200HP /100 / 100

And I might hit the R one with Wakan Tanka eventually since no one would want him for a trade anyway.

150HP/ 80/80

200HP /100 / 100

And I might hit the R one with Wakan Tanka eventually since no one would want him for a trade anyway.
thanks. if you ever decided not wanting the waken tanka, i could use one to break the limit, but i only have a lxmucane which is really crappy to trade for it atm.

Toma

thanks. if you ever decided not wanting the waken tanka, i could use one to break the limit, but i only have a lxmucane which is really crappy to trade for it atm.

If I get another one today, I'll send you one over for free. I already merged mine together, so it would be a bit of a waste to revert that.

i don't get the fixed damage, how does that work? do you really get 800 damage per hit off anybody?
If I get another one today, I'll send you one over for free. I already merged mine together, so it would be a bit of a waste to revert that.
no worry, waken is not a priority ;p

Toma

i don't get the fixed damage, how does that work? do you really get 800 damage per hit off anybody?

no worry, waken is not a priority ;p

Yes, its pretty neat ability in the beginning but if you have a well balanced team it starts becoming a tad useless.

EGOMON

I just figured that collecting Dark (R) spirit was a bad idea because if the event form the beta is next after this one then we are in for a treat with an awesome Dark spirits Hanzo and that vampire lady, maybe i should trade my Dark (R) spirits now :D

^Nice spirit Prelude, maybe it was an extra

Vamphuntr

I have in on my team, he is decent and the attack ability is handy.

I see, Thanks.

If anyone needs the raid light bosses for limit breaking I'm trying to part with mine. I already have good R and SR light spirits.

I have Inti, Miroku and Belbogog. Looking for Ixchel and Vampire Hunter for spirit merging or any rare I don't have.

Toma

I see, Thanks.

If anyone needs the raid light bosses for limit breaking I'm trying to part with mine. I already have good R and SR light spirits.

I have Inti, Miroku and Belbogog. Looking for Ixchel and Vampire Hunter for spirit merging or any rare I don't have.

I still need another Belobog. Would you trade it for an Ixmucane, White Buffalo Maiden, Toutatis, Sedna or Cernunnos?

I just traded my shitty Nevi for this:

I can't believe the guy accepted, lol.

But one cant even read this card! Must be bugged, no surprise he wanted to trade it.

:p

Amn

Neo Member
I see, Thanks.

I'm almost certain that I have a Vampire Hunter that I'd trade for the Belobog. I'm not 100% whether I traded it, but I'll be home in a few hours and can check then.

Vamphuntr

Done. If you get another Belobog, I'd be interested in that one as well.

Okay. I sent the request.

My greek lady collection is expanding (and this one looks useful too):

Also caught a Prometeus, I'll trade it for a fire joker.

If you still have it and want a fire joker I can trade you for it. I need a good R metal and the only one I have is the awful camouflage one.

Kalamoj

Okay. I sent the request.

If you still have it and want a fire joker I can trade you for it. I need a good R metal and the only one I have is the awful camouflage one.

Deal :D

My id is Kalamoj

Edit: Friend request sent. The spirit is in my trade list, I can give you a Cerunnos too as a bonus if you want it for merge.

Toma

Got another 2 spirits I can trade off, wyvern and this guy:

so full list of stuff I can trade:

Wyvern
Cernunnos
Huehuecoyotl
Sedna
Set
Toutatis
Ixmucane
Ogma

Stuff I'd want: Belobog, Prometheus, Witch, Sorcerer, Barong, Kisshouten, Jokers

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member
Got another 2 spirits I can trade off, wyvern and this guy:

so full list of stuff I can trade:

Wyvern
Cernunnos
Huehuecoyotl
Sedna
Set
Toutatis
Ixmucane

Stuff I'd want: Belobog, Prometheus, Witch, Sorcerer, Barong, Kisshouten, Jokers

That is one cool looking spirit.

Top Bottom