• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

BarisLan

Neo Member
I got plenty of new spirits up for trade. Some I have gotten from trade but decided to trade further for something else. Here is the list:

Nanna x2, Water R
Veles, Fire R
Valkyrie x2, Light R
Cronus, Earth AS R
Set, Earth R
Hotei, Earth R
Mokosh, Water R
Toutatis, Metal R
Cernunnos, Wood R
God of Water, Water SR

Just offer something up if you like anything in the list. My preference for Cronus is Ame no Uzume or Takemikazuchi.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Finally got all 4 Barongs. I think I'll start levelling an SR now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
No way, ask in 2-3 months again :p
I am at 90 freed areas, and there are 462 or something. The highest ranked player is currently at 162.

No way, I have people on my friend's list with 200+ cleared areas.

Kalamoj

Hmm. R:s you can upgrade 3 times. Yeah, I could use one more.
We aint DoS friends? -> Add me to your friend (and inform, what is your DoS name, so I know who to add as a friend).

Somehow I can't find you. :(
But I deleted a friend, please send a request.

Amn

Neo Member
I didn't take a screenshot before leveling it up (I figured someone would have added it to the database already too), but for Basilisk fans, there's a good UC metal spirit with the same skill.

It's Shisa from Japanese Myth and Folklore. I obtained it by hunting at (+14, +4)...obviously in Japan. It only costs 1.5, so I've taken it into battles along with the Basilisk as a backup in case Inti blows it away with its opening attack.

I'll get a screenshot if I manage to get another one!

I picked up this spirit in a trade:

Koro-pok-guru
600px-Koro-pok-guru.jpg

75 SP for a 15 second stop, so it costs the same as the Basilisk's battle skill, but it affects all enemies. It's rare also, so you'll be able to get all of its stats higher than the Basilisk. I haven't been able to level it because I've been focusing on Barong, but it's next in line.

The Basilisk is still one of my favourite spirits. I've almost got it to 35, and it's saved me so many times, it's also one of my hardest hitters.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
No way, I have people on my friend's list with 200+ cleared areas.

Maybe they freed more areas, but they still have less points according to the ranking. Check your friends list in the ranking and which positions they are, then compare it to #1.

commish

Maybe they freed more areas, but they still have less points according to the ranking. Check your friends list in the ranking and which positions they are, then compare it to #1.

Oh, so someone just farms already completed areas to get more points?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The Basilisk is still one of my favourite spirits. I've almost got it to 35, and it's saved me so many times, it's also one of my hardest hitters.

Basilisk is totally a slept on boss killer. I have one at a pretty high level and it's saved me during tons of boss fights.

commish

Ah, I get it then. Makes sense. I haven't been farming much because there's still more stuff for me to clear for the first time. Repeated average days, anyways.

DeviantBoi

Do you guys only merge spirits of the same element, or if you're looking to level up one particular spirit do you not care about the elemental xp bonus?

commish

how much have you guys spent on buying destiny orbs already lol I want to get more Kat :(

$40 - that's the amount of money I had in credit on my PSN account. That $40 has been there a while so I figure I'd use it on this game. I bought some rare pulls and some space, but didn't use all of it yet. Considering the time I spent on the game even in the last week, I have no problem with that.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Do you guys only merge spirits of the same element, or if you're looking to level up one particular spirit do you not care about the elemental xp bonus?

I did this until yesterday when I realized it was only an XP bonus.
I was hardly pulling in Light or Dark so now I'm just leveling those guys with other element UCs.

Toma

Mostly only the same, but when I want to level a certain spirit (my Barong which participates in all boss fights), then I just want that spirit levelled up as fast as possible.

commish

Great, thanks, not so much. In other games, it's 1.5 base.

Another question - does my critter need to be at max level before I level break him? Or, if I merge him with another of the same type before he's max level, his level capacity with go up just the same?

RedBoot

Another question - does my critter need to be at max level before I level break him? Or, if I merge him with another of the same type before he's max level, his level capacity with go up just the same?

Gotta be max level. It actually changes the merge setup a little: you can only place one spirit down (and it only accepts the same type) and it actually tells you that you're boosting the max level.

RalchAC

You can change your name through Options > Change name (or something like this, my DoS is in Spanish)

It's free.

We should put a "-GAF" or something like this in our name. This way we could all choose people from here for stuff like destiny summons or helping in raid bosses.

JJP12

Anyone find a good way to farm princes?

I've been grinding areas with spirits that are at least level 10 of the element I need. Make sure its a 3 star battle so you encounter more spirits. It's good for collecting stones/orbs and I've collected quite a few princes in the process.

commish

Last random question (for today):

If I give my buddy who lives in another country my PSN login, and he installs this game, logs in as me, and hunts, does that work?

dallow_bg

nods at old men

If I give my buddy who lives in another country my PSN login, and he installs this game, logs in as me, and hunts, does that work?

Careful, not sure what they're doing to ban Hunt cheaters, but it's something.

Toma

If they notice your account login travelling between countries within an unreasonable amount of time, your account goes poof.

Speaking about hunt i activated DoS at my work place and got 2 spirits (1UC, 1C) and back at home 2 more commons - not bad for 2x 15km travel

Also farming low lvl areas is profitable ? It seemed kinda pointless when i tried it.

Toma

Speaking about hunt i activated DoS at my work place and got 2 spirits (1UC, 1C) and back at home 2 more commons - not bad for 2x 15km travel

Also farming low lvl areas is profitable ? It seemed kinda pointless when i tried it.

Only if you are on blessing/great blessing. But yeah, if you are on blessing, I can have my monsters do a low level 3 part fight without me even looking at the screen, which is about 200-300 summoning orbs on average.

commish

Careful, not sure what they're doing to ban Hunt cheaters, but it's something.

If they notice your account login travelling between countries within an unreasonable amount of time, your account goes poof.

Yeah, I heard as much, though no one has gotten banned yet (that I am aware of). Not worth the risk, though I don't think it's the kind of cheating that they are trying to prevent/punish (that would be those folks who use proxy/cellphone to do repeated logins from random locations around the world).

Only if you are on blessing/great blessing. But yeah, if you are on blessing, I can have my monsters do a low level 3 part fight without me even looking at the screen, which is about 200-300 summoning orbs on average.

I've got bad luck today so i guess i can farm some blue energy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Toma, you need another Ixchel? I have one up for trade for your Sedna if you still have it.

I've been grinding areas with spirits that are at least level 10 of the element I need. Make sure its a 3 star battle so you encounter more spirits. It's good for collecting stones/orbs and I've collected quite a few princes in the process.

Whats the deal with 3 stars it drops more orbs?

Cha

Average luck is terrible. Had it for 4 days now. The only upside is that I seem to be catching a lot more pokemon spirits through battle than usual (and that may just be coincidental too).

Fr send.

Finally my Skuld project.
2014-04-07-213213.jpg

Good job. I'm doing the same thing :) Skuld is currently my most powerful spirit.

Is it possible to add friends from your PSN Friends list to your DoS?
There is a search function in the "Options" menu. If I'm not mistaken, it allows you to search by online ID

What do you do with commons ?

Merging them directly into big lvl spirit was expensive so i started merging 5 of them into uncommon and then merging that one US into target spirit.

Top Bottom