• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Dragun619

What do you do with commons ?

Merging them directly into big lvl spirit was expensive so i started merging 5 of them into uncommon and then merging that one US into target spirit.

Yea, this is what I do with my commons. Usually I merge commons into UC's until I get 5 UC's at Level 4 or 5 Then merge it into my main spirits. Saves me the Blue orbs and get more exp.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Yea, this is what I do with my commons. Usually I merge commons into UC's until I get 5 UC's at Level 4 or 5 Then merge it into my main spirits. Saves me the Blue orbs and get more exp.

Thats not completely right though, you lose a ton of EXP that way. 5 commons merged into a single other spirit doesnt mean you keep all the EXP if you merge that spirit again to something else. You lose about 50% EXP that way.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thats not completely right though, you lose a ton of EXP that way. 5 commons merged into a single other spirit doesnt mean you keep all the EXP if you merge that spirit again to something else. You lose about 50% EXP that way.

Yikes, did not know it was so much. So really you are only saving blue orbs... I've been using a combination of C and UC to get someone up to level 10, and then feeding my Cs into my UCs to get them from 10 to max.

Got my first SR, Joker of Water.

lol.

Anyone want to add me? IceySubzero.

Sent Toma a request but he didn't accept even though we're PSN friends already :p

I've got a Wakan Tanka and Adaptive Camouflage up for trade since I had 3 of them.

econodog

Neo Member
Another day with great blessing - that's 4 in a row. Would love a day of bad luck or even average luck so I can earn some easy Spirit Points. Swimming in over 100k of Summoning Stones, but no Spirit Points for merging / renting has slowed my progress lately.

I suppose I'll just continue to farm Summoning Stones for now, and when my luck turns I'll be able to power level all my main spirits.

Just got my second SR through a Destiny summon gift. extremely happy with him guess Heremod has to make place soon.

600px-Hades.jpg

Been making some great progress got my Ukko to 25 my Valkyrie limit breaked and Heremod to 25.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
You can change your name through Options > Change name (or something like this, my DoS is in Spanish)
It's free.
We should put a "-GAF" or something like this in our name. This way we could all choose people from here for stuff like destiny summons or helping in raid bosses.
My new DoS name is coolasj19-GAF. It took me all of 30 seconds to do.
I think today makes a week straight of Average Luck.
Better than a week straight of bad or great luck.

In other news, this guy is by far my strongest spirit. He has the 2nd most health (less than Blue Body @ 1200), most Strength (by at least 100), and highest Speed (by at least 50). And I'm not even done tossing those same type light Spirits into him. He has a very decent support skill and is Neutral to all elements. I love this guy. He needs a nickname. I can only imagine his low rental cost.
13707328153_f6b32f988c_b.jpg

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
My new DoS name is coolasj19-GAF. It took me all of 30 seconds to do.

Better than a week straight of bad or great luck.

In other news, this guy is by far my strongest spirit. He has the 2nd most health (less than Blue Body @ 1200), most Strength (by at least 100), and highest Speed (by at least 50). And I'm not even done tossing those same type light Spirits into him. He has a very decent support skill and is Neutral to all elements. I love this guy. He needs a nickname. I can only imagine his low rental cost.
13707328153_f6b32f988c_b.jpg

The Kacho is indeed awesome, but plenty of UCs have great stats at level 35 with bonusses. I am rocking Basilisk (less great stats), griffing, werewolf and kachino as my UCs.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
The Kacho is indeed awesome, but plenty of UCs have great stats at level 35 with bonusses. I am rocking Basilisk (less great stats), griffing, werewolf and kachino as my UCs.
I have some other projects too. UC are great at filling holes left by not having Rares. Basilisk, The Phantom Of Gold, Malina, and Fairy. Fairy is gonna be my fastest member when she's maxed out. I'm wondering if I indeed have enough time to max out Kacho with like Spirits? I'm getting up on that border and I started leveling him late.

Dragun619

hm, well damn. I guess I'll probably just keep commons for lower level spirits then or sell them.

Rixa

I got my first SR today and again another!

Also it was from a gaffer named RIXA?

Whoo. It means Ill get SR too \o_. Destiny summoning rocks. I need to check this when I login to do my daily hunting.

I renamed my playing char to Rixa-GAF. So its easier to see whois GAFer and who is not, for the Destiny Summoning, trying to DS with fellow GAFers.

EGM92

I'm making a lot of progress in clearing areas, I've got over 110 areas cleared but I have a bunch with everything cleared but the bosses. The bosses in these areas are either Light or Dark, and against my team they completely wipe them out. I get close to killing them but they just do so much damage.

Are there any tips with dealing with Dark/Light bosses?

baekshi

Banned
I'm making a lot of progress in clearing areas, I've got over 110 areas cleared but I have a bunch with everything cleared but the bosses. The bosses in these areas are either Light or Dark, and against my team they completely wipe them out. I get close to killing them but they just do so much damage.

Are there any tips with dealing with Dark/Light bosses?

Do it when you have Bad Luck.

Rixa

DS with Ralch, sadly we got only UC Tisiphone. But good UC, got a project with Tisiphone too.
Cyborg009, nice SR we got, support skill aint so good. But SR being Water suits me nicely (didnt have Water SR).

Everyone here add to your name -GAF, it only takes ~30s and if you typo (I did first _GAF) you can do it again. No limits when changing name.

RalchAC

Thanks to the people that supported my idea and Rixa for the UC :)

I have a second Ogma that I'd trade for another rare. Does somebody want it?

How do I get Flickr images here? I wanted to try using it since it has a Vita app

Toma

Alright guys, Toma-GAF reporting in.

Wish I was getting everyone's luck with destiny summons, I've had that Nandou Shengjung pictured above 3 times - getting sick of seeing and merging them away. I feel like the game is actively encouraging me to spend money now because my C/UCs are getting too weak to clear area bosses and I've not found a rare yet.

Toma

Wish I was getting everyone's luck with destiny summons, I've had that Nandou Shengjung pictured above 3 times - getting sick of seeing and merging them away. I feel like the game is actively encouraging me to spend money now because my C/UCs are getting too weak to clear area bosses and I've not found a rare yet.

Participated in the raids? You can get a few good light rares there and the first few levels are easily possible with UCs only in a few tries.

Give me your PSN name and I'll add you. You can put up a C and I'll gift you a good fire rare. Amn was doing me a huge favor of gifting me a spirit I needed and I promised to return the favor to someone else in need.

Also, if anyone wants to add me, please ask in the thread first. I dont check the friend list requests anymore, because its growing without end and I dont want to refuse them all the time.

Participated in the raids? You can get a few good light rares there and the first few levels are easily possible with UCs only in a few tries.

Give me your PSN name and I'll add you. You can put up a C and I'll gift you a good fire rare. Amn was doing me a huge favor of gifting me a spirit I needed and I promised to return the favor to someone else in need.

Also, if anyone wants to add me, please ask in the thread first. I dont check the friend list requests anymore, because its growing without end and I dont want to refuse them all the time.

I've done a couple of the raid bosses and got 2 dark Cs (Doppelganger and something else), but I'm having to go in like 2-3 times and pay for high level rentals each time to do much damage which is getting quite expensive.

And thanks for your kind offer. My PSN name is Azure-Firebird and the ingame DoS name is Azure-Symphony

Toma

I've done a couple of the raid bosses and got 2 dark Cs (Doppelganger and something else), but I'm having to go in like 2-3 times and pay for high level rentals each time to do much damage which is getting quite expensive.

And thanks for your kind offer. My PSN name is Azure-Firebird and the ingame DoS name is Azure-Symphony

Added :) Add me as well and you'll get a rare.

Toma

Ok, done. I've put up the spirits I'm not using in the trade as well.

Hope you like it! It might not have the best starting stats, but the abilities should make more than up for it.

Hope you like it! It might not have the best starting stats, but the abilities should make more than up for it.

Wow, thank you! The starting stats alone are already better than almost everything else I have and the abilities are fantastic (plus it looks pretty sweet). This should really help with the area bosses that I couldn't beat.

Toma

Wow, thank you! The starting stats alone are already better than almost everything else I have and the abilities are fantastic (plus it looks pretty sweet). This should really help with the area bosses that I couldn't beat.

Your UCs should be way better than this rare currently, though. You do know how merging works to level spirits, right? And that merging a spirit with the exact same spirit gives it a bonus boost? Not to mention that if it has max level, you can raise the level cap a few times if you merge it with the exact same spirit.

I had a level 15 werewolf or something at the point where you are atm, and that had about 200 attack. This is how a maxed out Basilisk looks like and the blue numbers are the bonus it got from being merged with other basilisks:

Not having a decent rare will put you at a disadvantage, but I am at 91 freed areas and UCs are STILL my best spirits.

Your UCs should be way better than this rare currently, though. You do know how merging works to level spirits, right? And that merging a spirit with the exact same spirit gives it a bonus boost? Not to mention that if it has max level, you can raise the level cap a few times if you merge it with the exact same spirit.

I had a level 15 werewolf or something at the point where you are atm, and that had about 200 attack. This is how a maxed out Basilisk looks like and the blue numbers are the bonus it got from being merged with other basilisks:

I've been merging spirits of the same element for the exp boost, but the few EU region UCs I've been getting (which isn't many, 9/10 summons are usually Cs) have all had pretty rubbish abilities and no support, so I've not been able to take much advantage of merging them with the same type of spirit (aside from a C Pixie which has been merged with like 4 other Pixies) as I'm using US/Asian/Gravity Rush ones mostly.

The Jiangshi I got from another Gaffer is probably my best one, it's level 8 and I think it has around 170 attack and speed - everything else is languishing around 140 statwise at level 7-9 with not much HP.

Toma

I've been merging spirits of the same element for the exp boost, but the few EU region UCs I've been getting (which isn't many, 9/10 summons are usually Cs) have all had pretty rubbish abilities and no support, so I've not been able to take much advantage of merging them with the same type of spirit (aside from a C Pixie which has been merged with like 4 other Pixies) as I'm using US/Asian/Gravity Rush ones mostly.

The Jiangshi I got from another Gaffer is probably my best one, it's level 8 and I think it has around 170 attack and speed - everything else is languishing around 140 statwise at level 7-9 with not much HP.

Ah, I see. Yeah, then the R will definitely be a huge help in any case since you dont need to inbreed them to give them good stats.

This was mistake - if you made pull from Advanced Spirits you would have guarranted rare while GR tables have zylions of Uncommons.

Rixa

This was mistake - if you made pull from Advanced Spirits you would have guarranted rare while GR tables have zylions of Uncommons.

Yeah, game should somehow mention this (or does it?):

Advanced summon: Guaranteed atleast Rare spirit
Summon from "pack": Summoned spirit can be Common/ Uncommon/ Rare/ Super Rare

Lesiroth

This game certainly surprised me!

Anybody has a rundown of the mechanics? I feel like I have no idea what's going on most of the time, I'm not sure how the Fortune/Element of the day affect things. As for spirits to keep, C are obviously merge fodder. What about UCs? I've been merging them as well, but going through the topic it seems like some UCs are worthwhile enough to keep. Are some UCs better than Rs?

And uh.. how do I add people by name? Seems like I can only add 'highly compatible players'. It's probably something obvious that I missed.

Yeah, game should somehow mention this (or does it?):

Advanced summon: Guaranteed atleast Rare spirit
Summon from "pack": Summoned spirit can be Common/ Uncommon/ Rare/ Super Rare

Well it kinda does if you know where to look - you can check spirits that can be summoned in summons tab.

Toma

I think zones should have different battle rules sometimes to shake things up. Say a zone in which your spirits will swap out with one of your other spirits after every attack. Something to make you rethink the strategy a bit.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

I didn't get a rare until after I beat like 4 zone bosses.
UCs that I've beefed up have gotten me to 30+ areas freed.

DC1

Just got my second SR through a Destiny summon gift. extremely happy with him guess Heremod has to make place soon.

600px-Hades.jpg

Been making some great progress got my Ukko to 25 my Valkyrie limit breaked and Heremod to 25.

Queue Luffy's "**LUCKY**"

Still no SR for me. :(

gazele

Banned
Changed my name to gazele-gaf, feel free to add me

Looking at you toma...lol

Btw if anyone needs a wyvern, sorcerer or yum kaax, let me know, cause I honestly have too many rares right now, might start merging them

Top Bottom