• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny of Spirits |OT| Praise the Spirits of Shu's Voices

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I cant... I mean... 18000 HP on a boss fight with SIX 2000 HP minions?

T_T

.. I am starting to feel severely underlevelled even with Lvl 30 spirits.

EGOMON

T_T

Damn i don't want to be there, looks like i need to grind even more to level up my spirits

TheTwelve

T_T

I wonder if my sometimes-strategy of ignoring the minions and going right for the boss would work in this case.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
i do that everytime, i don't kill the minions lol

Stopped working for me once the minions dished out 400 damage and the BOSS HP was too high (12,000+) to just power through before the minions got all my spirits.

Toma

Plz everyone pick me for your summoning buddy today thanks love you guys lots!

No summon begging in here :p

But yeah, I always choosing gaffers in the past few days at least, and I am pretty sure you got quite a few from me because you usually end up the single gaffer on my gift list.

Moobabe

No summon begging in here :p

But yeah, I always choosing gaffers in the past few days at least, and I am pretty sure you got quite a few from me because you usually end up the single gaffer on my gift list.

Huzzah! I was
half
joking anyway!

Toma

How many areas do you have ?

105, but at around 60-70 I started moving towards boss nodes instead of filling out previous areas first to unlock more bosses for the summoning:
6Rd2AIf.jpg

Huzzah! I was
half
joking anyway!

I know ;) My DoS game is doomed to gift you a spirit every second day anyway apparently.

DC1

I spent 300 orbs to get a a couple of SR's... and ended up getting none.

Luckily I picked up the T-Rex through a hunt.

Just curious: How are your SR pursuits going? Any techniques out there that I may have missed...because Google has shared nothing with my poor, broken and dejected ($19.00 less money in my pocket with nothing to show for it) soul.

Toma

Just curious: How are your SR pursuits going? Any techniques out there that I may have missed...because Google has shared nothing with my poor, broken and dejected ($19.00 less money in my pocket with nothing to show for it) soul.

Hunts have good chances other than the cash summons, other than that, there isnt much more to getting an SR really.

Pancakesarelove

Neo Member

Never, Never go for the ADV summons for trying to get super rares. If you want a SR only go for the Event summons like the Gravity RUsh or Knack. From the people I've talked to, 10,000+ orbs combined we have never gotten a SR from the ADV summon but it only took me 600 orbs to get 3 SR from Gravity Rush.

I have new Spirits for trade:

13508735485_a9073b61a6_z.jpg

13781418765_8f2499d158_z.jpg

13781424603_33d1d60b82_z.jpg

13781419053_852026a809_z.jpg

@Pancakesarelove let me know if you want any of those instead of Sedna

Going to work in a bit. We can make a trade after. Also have to clean up my Friends list and it is one away from being full.

A decent Metal or Wood spirit would come in handy. My order of preference right now (from most needed to less needed) is something like this:

Metal = Wood > Water > Dark > Fire = Earth = Light.

Yum Kaxx?

DC1

Thanks friends!

I wish I would have known. I simply cannot bring myself to drop another 20 in DoS. Although I am in love with Priestess Kat and her time stop ability on all enemies....

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Never, Never go for the ADV summons for trying to get super rares. If you want a SR only go for the Event summons like the Gravity RUsh or Knack. From the people I've talked to, 10,000+ orbs combined we have never gotten a SR from the ADV summon but it only took me 600 orbs to get 3 SR from Gravity Rush.

My experience is similar.

Update of trade offers:

I can offer

2x Lugh
1x Veles
1x Bellerophon
1x Inti
1x Miroku

I'm looking for any of those:
- Excalibur
- Freyja
- Nanna
- Belobog
- Vampire Hunter
- Daikokuten
- Prometheus
- Valkyrie
- Cernunnos
- some earth R spirit

Shinta

Banned
So, I just started playing this last night and don't really know much about it. Is there no way to get any destiny points whatsoever besides buying them?

So far, all I'm doing is battling, then waiting for my monsters to heal, then battling again and spending the silver points on summons. I haven't merged any yet.

A guy traded me his Vampire Hunter for a Wakan Tanka. Sweet.

Now I've got a nice collection of Fire R's:

Vampire Hunter
Emperor of Fire
Sorcerer x2
Wyvern

Lesiroth

So, I just started playing this last night and don't really know much about it. Is there no way to get any destiny points whatsoever besides buying them?

Hoping for screw-ups on the server side, and daily log in bonuses are the only ways that I know of.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I think it's just a matter of probability. You're more likely to get SRs or UCs from Gravity Rush Summons than you are from Advanced Summons just because of the ratio. You're guaranteed to get at least an R from Advanced Summons, though.

Here's my current tradelist if anyone's interested:
Ixchel
Ixmucane
Ah Puch
Cernunnos
White Buffalo Maiden
Wakan Tanka
Ixmucane
Miroku
Inti
Belobog

Looking for:
Gunslinger
Sedna
Freyja
Hi No Kagutsuchi
The Greys
Morrigan
Frigg
Genie in the Lamp
Any AS or EU spirits that are cute because I'm shallow.

Ricker

I think I hit the paywall in this...?,the first Boss of a region I guess,I can't beat,not even close(the Blue frog looking thing)...I only have 2 level 10's,all the others are lvl 1 or 2, and I still dont understand why there's some of my own spirits I can't use... it says they are in use...? by who?

EGOMON

I think I hit the paywall in this...?,the first Boss of a region I guess,I can't beat,not even close(the Blue frog looking thing)...I only have 2 level 10's,all the others are lvl 1 or 2, and I still dont understand why there's some of my own spirits I can't use... it says they are in use...? by who?

Don't fight the region boss yet, first keep freeing areas to gain Summoning Stones and Spirit Points to level up your spirits a spirit in-use mean it is on your attack party

Update of trade offers:

I can offer

2x Lugh
1x Veles
1x Bellerophon
1x Inti
1x Miroku

I'm looking for any of those:
- Excalibur
- Freyja
- Nanna
- Belobog
- Vampire Hunter
- Daikokuten
- Prometheus
- Valkyrie
- Cernunnos
- some earth R spirit
What is your psn ID? Or you can add me. Same name as here.

Toma

I am over 100 zones and for none of my progress paying was needed.

However, grinding is VERY much needed, as the other person said, go grind and level.

TheTwelve

and I still dont understand why there's some of my own spirits I can't use... it says they are in use...? by who?

I think those spirits you are trying to use are already in your current party.

Question ---> So apparently the Queens of Merging are only used to get experience points, correct? They seem to break no level limits. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Toma

I think those spirits you are trying to use are already in your current party.

Question ---> So apparently the Queens of Merging are only used to get experience points, correct? They seem to break no level limits. Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Correct. Princes give a lot of XP, queens give a LOT of Xp and jokers break level limits.

cjp

Don't fight the region boss yet, first keep freeing areas to gain Summoning Stones and Spirit Points to level up your spirits a spirit in-use mean it is on your attack party

The blue ones? I didn't even realise you could do that...I must have glazed over that bit of the tutorial without taking notice.

I've been levelling up solely by merging.

Oops.

Toma

The blue ones? I didn't even realise you could do that...I must have glazed over that bit of the tutorial without taking notice.

I've been levelling up solely by merging.

Oops.

Thats exactly what he meant, because you need the blue orbs to merge spirits. Grind, grind, grind, and you can summon and merge to get stronger spirits.

Toma

Today... is my first great blessing.

*puts on the grind gloves*

cjp

Thats exactly what he meant, because you need the blue orbs to merge spirits. Grind, grind, grind, and you can summon and merge to get stronger spirits.

Haha, right. Of course. I should really go to bed.

I guess you should always merge C and UC into R and SR, right? Sometimes I don't know if I'm merging the wrong way round, or rather what to train and what to merge.

Another question, after merging it shows numbers in red in brackets, but I'm pretty sure I've also seem them in blue - what's the difference there?

Toma

I guess you should always merge C and UC into R and SR, right? Sometimes I don't know if I'm merging the wrong way round, or rather what to train and what to merge.

Another question, after merging it shows numbers in red in brackets, but I'm pretty sure I've also seem them in blue - what's the difference there?

There are a few UCs that are very handy if levelled correctly. You get stat bonusses if you merge a spirit with another exactly identical spirit (werewolf with werewolf), those stat bonusses can improve a spirit by a bit every time up to around 120-200 HP and 60-100 attack/speed in the end. However, since you need a LOT similar spirits for that, it mostly only makes sense with UCs from your own region. Picke 3-4 UCs that look decent and inbreed level them to get the most out of them.

Pump the rest into Rs and SRs, at one point you'll want to start selling Cs though as they cost way too much to merge for any decent XP boost.

Red numbers are the improvements your spirit made from the recent level ups, blue numbers shows the overall alltime inbreed bonusses received that I explained above.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?

Uncommons, definitely. Commons though? They start getting impractical really fast. Especially if you aren't wading in blue orbs. I've started bulk selling them and taking them as sunk cost. You can also pick a few and just inbred them.

Weeks of trying to find Rare Metal Spirits, and I get 3 in one day. Man...

cjp

There are a few UCs that are very handy if levelled correctly. You get stat bonusses if you merge a spirit with another exactly identical spirit (werewolf with werewolf), those stat bonusses can improve a spirit by a bit every time up to around 120-200 HP and 60-100 attack/speed in the end. However, since you need a LOT similar spirits for that, it mostly only makes sense with UCs from your own region. Picke 3-4 UCs that look decent and inbreed level them to get the most out of them.

Pump the rest into Rs and SRs, at one point you'll want to start selling Cs though as they cost way too much to merge for any decent XP boost.

Red numbers are the improvements your spirit made from the recent level ups, blue numbers shows the overall alltime inbreed bonusses received that I explained above.

Uncommons, definitely. Commons though? They start getting impractical really fast. Especially if you aren't wading in blue orbs. I've started bulk selling them and taking them as sunk cost. You can also pick a few and just inbred them.

Awesome, thanks guys. Much appreciated.

I'm really starting to get into this. And that music, I can't get it out of my head.

putermcgee

600px-White_Buffalo_Maiden.jpg

Looking to trade any of these for any decent Light/Dark/Wood/Gravity Rush spirits.

This goes for anyone with a White Buffalo Maiden, but I have;
Greys
Belobog
Pandora
Yum Kaax
Inti

I'll trade any of those for the WBM.

My PSN ID is putermcgee, and my game ID is schroeder-gaf.

Toma

Greys
Belobog
Pandora
Yum Kaax
Inti

Ask him whether he wants a Freyja, then we can do the deal with Belobog and Freyja and then you do the deal with WBM and the Freyja you just received.

Honest suggestion.

Lesiroth

I can trade you a Greys for your Ixchel
What's your in-game ID?
Greys
Belobog
Pandora
Yum Kaax
Inti

Ask him whether he wants a Freyja, then we can do the deal with Belobog and Freyja and then you do the deal with WBM and the Freyja you just received.

Honest suggestion.

Uh... I'm interested in Pandora and Freyja. What do I do?

Top Bottom